The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrsmg View Post
    Dragon Isles
    Horde and Alliance can group up for endgame activities
    Tinkerer, mail(healer, rdps, others tbd)
    New talents row(changes abilities, doesn't add)
    Versatility scrapped
    Tertiary stats scrapped
    4 new secondary stats(crit multiplier, ArP is back, others tbd)
    Another soulbind system(more complex)
    Everything else is the same: 20m mythic raids, tier sets, crafted legendaries, dungeons, arenas, rep grinds, etc
    And no old world revamp...ever
    New talents row, lol. As if they'd ever dust that thing off after this many years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Not only we got standard bullshit leaks, people now try to legitimize them with "Blizz dev in my guild said that". Like it actually gives it more credit.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    World Tree 2 is interesting because it ties both the Dragons Isles hints and the revamped buildings on the data files. I mean, Teldrassil had a lot of problems with corruption, and the damage caused was only fixed with Alextrasza and Ysera's blessing, when both were still Dragon Aspects. So, since Dragon Aspects are no longer a thing, and Teldrassil is pretty much dead, maybe Azeroth being a dragon is the only thing capable of fixing Teldrassil.
    Why should Teldrassil be fixed? Why are night elves entitled to a big fat tree?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Why should Teldrassil be fixed? Why are night elves entitled to a big fat tree?
    Dunno. Ask your undead elf chick.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by WheresT View Post
    The warfront building props are gorgeous though and includes a giant night elf bridge that I don’t think is even complete in the warfront, just broken. I’m sure we’ll see this used in the future.
    Good thing Blizzconline was cancelled because the first question in response to their "we've been working on an old world revamp for 5 years" will definitely be "Is that why the last two expansions were bad?"

I'd rather see the night elves kick tauren out of Mount Hyjal and start living there again. That place is much more iconic than Teldrassil imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good thing Blizzconline was cancelled because the first question in response to their "we've been working on an old world revamp for 5 years" will definitely be "Is that why the last two expansions were bad?"
    Blizzconline wouldn't have Q&A panel, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    How long did it take for flying in 8.2?
    nearly a week since you could farm the rares in raid and get 50 rep + fishing 25 rep + pet battles + mob farming

so i was already flying instead of waiting the mobile game research like you will in 9.2

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I seriously doubt blizzard would ever spell the class as "Tinkerer" instead of Tinker. Also seems weird for a dragon expansion. Reminds me of the old fake SL leaks saying Tinker will be a ghostbuster.
    It's all Teriz's ridiculous ideas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    nearly a week since you could farm the rares in raid and get 50 rep + fishing 25 rep + pet battles + mob farming

so i was already flying instead of waiting the mobile game research like you will in 9.2
    What a guy!

My take on the Time of Day enter/loop/leave: Maybe an animation that is used during questing? Like meditating in AC:Odyssey where you see a timelapse of the day going by,
    My take on the proximity world enter/loop/leave: Animation for approanching different worlds? idk man.

World of Warcraft: Landswalker
    World of Warcraft: Possiblysomewherearoundthemiddlebutdefinetlynotanywhefenearthendyetwalker

5+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else super hyped about how the Shadowlands story will end + the 10.0 story?

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    Anyone else super hyped about how the Shadowlands story will end + the 10.0 story?
    Me neither.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I seriously doubt blizzard would ever spell the class as "Tinkerer" instead of Tinker. Also seems weird for a dragon expansion. Reminds me of the old fake SL leaks saying Tinker will be a ghostbuster.
    There was a leak that floated around right before the announcement of Shadowlands saying that the Tinker was planned for the expansion, but was scrapped because in the end it just didn't fit the setting of the story. I found that leak interesting because Blizzard later stated that there was no new class in Shadowlands because nothing "stood out to them" the way Demon Hunters did for Legion. It should also be noted that Demon Hunters were planned in multiple expansions; They were originally planned for TBC but were passed over for new races. They were planned for WotLK, but were passed over for Death Knights. Eventually, they wound up in Legion.

Interestingly, Dragons and a technology class have been teased rather consistently since BFA, and there is lore linking Goblins to Black Dragons, so it is possible for Blizzard to bring in a technology class in the next expansion.

That said, I don't think it would be called a Tinker. I think it would be called something more general like Mechanic. "Tinker" would more than likely be a spec name, much like Brewmaster.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-14 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I do not know if this is the right place for my question. But since we are speculating... What do you guys have to say about the supposed WoW Complete Edition for consoles that was going to be unveiled at the Game Awards?

If 10.0 is a new beginning for WoW (and it has to be something different), it would be a good moment to release the game on consoles.

I would absolutely LOVE to play WoW on consoles, especially since I cannot play It on PC anymore since my left arm and chest hurts a lot after a few hours of gaming position
    Get yourself a controller for PC! There's an add-on that helps with key bindings and such.
    https://youtu.be/yKvIpI5V6cA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Just a random thought, the second track of the original World of Warcraft soundtrack is called The Shaping of the World.

I'm not saying the World Shaping leak is real, but it does make me sort of raise my eyebrows that we keep seeing all these references to a "remade" Azeroth. Perhaps we're just finding patterns but I still like thinking about it.

Dear god I want a revamp.
    I agree. The textures and buildings on the original continents looks pretty dated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Just a random thought, the second track of the original World of Warcraft soundtrack is called The Shaping of the World.

I'm not saying the World Shaping leak is real, but it does make me sort of raise my eyebrows that we keep seeing all these references to a "remade" Azeroth. Perhaps we're just finding patterns but I still like thinking about it.

Dear god I want a revamp.
    I'd love seeing a 'smaller' revamp, maybe a few of the real big problem areas (e.g. the tornado in westfall) fixed, but for the most part just texture/model updates, including TBC stuff.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I'm actually a little worried that quote just means that Teldrassil will be available in the present again, exactly as it was, with "trees can regrow" as the excuse to avoid having to revamp anything.

Personally, I'm glad Teldrassil was burned down (just not the context). It never made any sense that the night elven capital was an entirely new location off the coast of their own continent. I wonder what the behind the scene decision for that was, rather than making the capital in Moonglade (where it was implied to be at one point) or Hyjal (their most iconic location at the time). As far as I know that's one bit of early development we've never gotten a postmortem for.

If I recall, hints that the night elves had moved to Nordrassil were overblown, but I still think it's a way more exciting idea than just bringing back Teldrassil. To be fair though, as long as a new Teldrassil is built to actually resemble a tree instead of the stump it was physically modeled as until its destruction, it'll be a much more interesting place.

-----------------
    The idea of Hyjal has been around for some time and were mere suggestions, but the idea is super solid still and the idea of building around that world tree and expanding down the mountain, makes for a perfect strategic location. High view from top. Build large numbers of watchtowers and connect them with slick night elf style walls and bridges. This place, Hyjal in general is a very special place and there alot of night elf connections. Malfurion, all the wild gods living there, history and ofc the big tree. They could even corporate the wardens in there since they had a small role there as well.

I mean, both Forsaken en Night elves could have there own big campaign about rebuilding and this could be spread out over the duration of several patches.

I have my own idea about Forsaken that resolves around Wpl/EPL into Stratholme. The idea here was that, the forsaken would start in WPL trying to find a suiting place to settle down. Passing several location and each explaining why it wouldn't work, passing through Andorhal, scholomance and eventually in EPL, making their way to Stratholme. Imagine whole bunch of undead marching these zones and set up several temporary settlements as they move. Stratholme should feel somewhat familar in terms of strategic and powerful location compared to Hyjal. Stratholme would need some kind of overhaul since it's weirdly connected to quel'thalas/ghostlands. From a lore point of view, it's interesting to see how characters such as Calia and Voss would react on Stratholme, especially Calia. This could be her chance at helping the dead there and learn more about her brother or what ever.

Both locations are beautiful and have rich lore, it suits them.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-14 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

As opposed to what....not having a home? They need to have a city of their own since they are without one since BFA.
    Why needs cities when you can just squat in Stormwind and Orgrimmar?