Quote Originally Posted by Wharren View Post
    Cata is the ONLY expansion that has a box feature completely unrelated to the expansion theme.

are you suuuuuuuuuuuuure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh and btw., no matter what blizzard is going to promise, they will add new trash systems. They cannot get rid of one of their biggest mistakes. They will just find another label. "Renown" becomes "Dragonpower", "Anima" becomes "Dragon dust".. or anything like that. Do not believe their lies.

If Hazzikostas is going to tell you "we learned from the past" and "we will focus on player agency", he will lie by opening his mouth. He already did that in the past and managed to fool players the game would change to better. It never did, it never will, until the day Hazzkostas leaves Blizzard.
    You blame watcher but ignore the fact he doesn’t actually do much compared to the guy that said “anybody worried about this game is part of the problem. Without my systems team you wouldn’t even have a game”

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said that Zan?(The "Anybody worried about the game is part of the problem without my sytems you wouldn't even have a game." Or is that...fake
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Also is the Dragon Isles the only zone remaining that had some work done during Vanilla development but was scrapped/never released/expanded upon. I guess there was Emerald Dream zones but we did get Emerald Nightmare (still emerald dream might be possible again). I also remember Outlands had some development done during the original launch and a few other zones had some references in files IIRC but were eventually released.

- - - Updated - - -

Also worth pointing out we still don't know what "The War" the Blingtron reference (https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_War) is about or where it is.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...eak?p=53548615

This leak is good, it gets around having to pull a dragon class out of its ass by making the class tied to the end of SL (Dark Ranger) and the Isles story features the dragonflights... while the zones and the races of the island aren’t really connected to them. So it’s not just a copy of Dragonblight.

Also housing and graphical world revamp.

It also explains why we only have redone Nelf and Human stuff in the files (and “World Tree 2”) and not other races: it’s being made first for Teldrassil 2 and “Undercity” which i’m guessing is just going to be rebuilt Lordaeron, using human buildings.

Also the new cat mount model is there and there is a Penguin zone that the new polar bear model may be from.
    Last edited by Wharren; 2022-01-16 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also is the Dragon Isles the only zone remaining that had some work done during Vanilla development but was scrapped/never released/expanded upon. I guess there was Emerald Dream zones but we did get Emerald Nightmare (still emerald dream might be possible again). I also remember Outlands had some development done during the original launch and a few other zones had some references in files IIRC but were eventually released.

- - - Updated - - -

Also worth pointing out we still don't know what "The War" the Blingtron reference (https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_War) is about or where it is.
    Indeed, though I wouldn't say it's an actual zone in development in the same manner as the Dragon Isles that is planned. Unless it will turn out to simply be a single zone and probably the lair of Alexstrasza, it will be a very different zone for sure. Even the lore of a hidden homeland of the draconic species is new. Originally, it was just a lair for Alexstrasza and home for a Naga raid. It's almost an entirely different zone if it really is coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Feels good coming back from a hiatus and one of the recent posts I see in this thread being from the parrot himself
    Shadochi's back? Things feel like they're back on track now.

- - - Updated - - -

This leak is good, it gets around having to pull a dragon class out of its ass by making the class tied to the end of SL (Dark Ranger) and the Isles story features the dragonflights... while the zones and the races of the island aren’t really connected to them. So it’s not just a copy of Dragonblight.

It also explains why we only have redone Nelf and Human stuff in the files (and “World Tree 2”) and not other races: it’s being made first for Teldrassil 2 and “Undercity” which i’m guessing is just going to be rebuilt Lordaeron, using human buildings.

Also the new cat mount model is there and there is a Penguin zone that the new polar bear model may be from.
    I'm not sure. For one, part of the plot is literally exactly what a streamer asked for in his most recent video , which makes me suspicious. The name simply sounds awkward, but I thought that of Battle for Azeroth, too. Dark Rangers seem a bit asspull-y after they lose all lore relevance without Sylvanas to orbit around, unless they get some really interesting new storylines in her absence.

"I was a dev on WoW until just last week - I've been with Blizz for over a decade and I've ALWAYS wanted to do this... here is the next expansion."

I have a great deal on bridges if you're interested.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    My current guess for the next expansion... The Emerald Dream. It has a long history with Azeroth and WoW, is arguably "on Azeroth" in a way, or at least more connected to it, and would be a sort of 'opposite' of the Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is #TeamDragons finally gonna get their expansions? Which members are even left around
    Im starting to think #Teamworldrevamp is never gonna get its day.

Also is the Dragon Isles the only zone remaining that had some work done during Vanilla development but was scrapped/never released/expanded upon.
    Except by "some work" you mean, a temple built into a rock shaped like a squid, which was already reused as Temple of the Storm. Otherwise the zone was conceptually bankrupt. No real ideas to extrapolate from because its a remnant from before the game was quest-based.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-Pet-Wearable

Basically, the "drakemountemerald" buff I posted about many many pages ago seems to be connected to the things encrypted under that key and is very similar to how the Shadowlands Deluxe bundle was encrypted. Nothing is certain due to encryption, but signs point to that being the 10.0 Deluxe shop bundle.

I'm still looking at things but not sure there's much more to find. Keeping at it, though!
    So it begins!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My current guess for the next expansion... The Emerald Dream. It has a long history with Azeroth and WoW, is arguably "on Azeroth" in a way, or at least more connected to it, and would be a sort of 'opposite' of the Shadowlands.
    The Winter Queen already said that they are "opposite ends of the same branch" so the Emerald Dream must be where souls originate. They made a copy of Azeroth there, but that doesn't necessarily mean it the dream as a plane of existence didn't exist before that. That's why I'm pretty sure the Emerald Dream *is* the "Lifelands".

Otherwise we have both a "lifelands" AND "the emerald dream" and neither are where life actually originated; that would be zareth mortis, as said by the Devs in the preview.

Anyone else starting to feel like Shadowlands lore contradicts itself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Undermine was a planned continent in Vanilla underneath the island of Kezan, but was scrapped because of time and resources. After Cataclysm, Blizzard devs stated that they planned at some point to bring Undermine into the game alongside more Goblin holdings on the surface of Kezan. They've kept the latter part of their promise with Crappolis and the MotherLODE during BFA. We're still waiting for Undermine itself.

At BlizzCon 2010, Alex Afrasiabi said that the goblin starting zone was only "a small segment of the actual whole' of Kezan", and that the goblins "did want to go back to Undermine and the other goblin land holdings, just a question of when."[30]

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Undermine
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Kezan
    https://www.engadget.com/2011-08-07-...-pandaria.html

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    It's silly to keep squishing

Have a final level .. if it's 70, then start a new system, that doesn't do it in numbers, or does, but different types of numbers - and that's your nex xp and level. so you would always be level 70 at max level.

When a enw expansion comes out, the old expansion gets counted in the 1-60 climb, and the new expansion gets a new system of progression etc etc.
    But why do this? Why replace a tried and true staple of every RPG game that is leveling in favor of yet another game system that will be more convoluted that what we already have? Blizz squished three times already, they wont have issues in doing it again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Who said that Zan?(The "Anybody worried about the game is part of the problem without my sytems you wouldn't even have a game." Or is that...fake
    Wut?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-16 at 08:57 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    what were allied race hints the last time, an entry in the 'race register'?

34 animations are shared with vulperas - does that mean all of them? are other animations (if such exist) related to something, or are they unknown?

right, Maloriak. old tall (not exactly buff) drakonids.
    this time, made cute.
    would've hated it this way or another, but making random guesses is fun.
    This mentioned
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2613054-10-0-Leak
    Works like Worgen, customize your dragon form and humanoid appearances. Humanoid can be any race, including allied races. Extra customization options for humanoid form including horns, tails, jewelry, scales as well as effects like burning eyes and “molten blood” which is a cool new effect.

Maybe it's connected

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    "I was a dev on WoW until just last week - I've been with Blizz for over a decade and I've ALWAYS wanted to do this... here is the next expansion."

I have a great deal on bridges if you're interested.
    It's like these people don't realize they instantly nuke their credibility when they start leaks like this.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-16 at 08:51 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    But why do this? Why replace a tried and true staple of every RPG game that is leveling in favor of yet another game system that will be more convoluted that what we already have? Blizz squished three times already, they wont have issues of doing it again in the future.
    Shadowlands will be "demoted" to 1-50 alongside all other old expansions and the new expansion will be 50-60 again. On top of that you get a new borrowed power system as usual. They should have good enough scaling tech by now to do this for all expansions going forward. Sure its confusiong for new players but that will not change unless Blizz does a completely new 1-50 leveling experience as a kind of standard leveling arc that does not care about all the stories that happend in all the expansions.

Wut?
    I guess that's a VERY out of context quotation of this tweet from last year:

Sorry I still don't get how to post pictures directly.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2022-01-16 at 12:09 PM.

But why do this? Why replace a tried and true staple of every RPG game that is leveling in favor of yet another game system that will be more convoluted that what we already have? Blizz squished three times already, they wont have issues in doing it again in the future.

Because after a while it becomemeaninglesss, I don't think any other mmo has gone on for this long with still another 10 years or at least 5-10 expansions in it, youcan't just keep raising the level. At some point in time, max level is just getting to the end of any previous old content.

And from then on you now have a new type of stystem to progres in the current expansion.

if you think about it, it's not that daunting.. it's still levelling, just a differnet way of calling it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Because after a while it becomemeaninglesss, I don't think any other mmo has gone on for this long with still another 10 years or at least 5-10 expansions in it, youcan't just keep raising the level. At some point in time, max level is just getting to the end of any previous old content.

And from then on you now have a new type of stystem to progres in the current expansion.

if you think about it, it's not that daunting.. it's still levelling, just a differnet way of calling it.
    I mean, leveling was never really meaningful in WoW. It was much easier than in competition and the real game started at max lvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I guess that's a VERY out of context quotation of this tweet from last year:
    https://imgur.com/a/oJpLNpe

Sorry I still don't get how to post pictures directly.
    You have to wrap the Imgur link with Insert Image button in reply.