@Jokubas fantastic breakdown of the logos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The Shadowlands leak looked impressive (and looking back on it, we didn't really get anything like the building shown in it, did we?)
    Yeah, Jimmy Lo's art for Bastion looked great!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why doesn’t purple fit for dragons? What does fit better? We have five Dragonflights. We have infinite, chromatic, void and many more. What color would a dragon related expansion have? Green? Red? Why? So boring. Purple is intriguing as it is an indirect hint towards something related to the void.
    If a dragon expansion was made in the 2000s, a rainbow colored logo of blue/red/green/yellow/orange and black could have worked to symbolize the 5 dragonflights, but today that'd probably get nixxed by the marketing department due to giving off the wrong connotations.

The EoD logo was pretty cool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It has to be Dragon Isles. It's the last major Azeroth landmass that exists in the lore but has not been explored yet.
    There is still the other side of Azeroth. It has been implied that there is something going on there, as ships that sail too far into the Veiled and Forbidding Seas do not return. Warcraft lore also has more than enough meat to support an underground expansion with 6 zones, as the adventurers trawl through Drogbar tunnels, Y'shaarj's dead guts, Nerubian cities, meet the Titan Azeroth herself, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We also had its companion pet the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling come out in June of 2021. I would implore people to read the lore behind both of these items. They are….. interesting..
    Fighting timetravelling clockwork dragons powered by the souls of demons would be pretty rad. Dunno if that could carry an entire expansion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    the expansion is called Light's Dawn

starting zone revamps from bc to cataclysm
    Silvermoon being repaired would be great, and so would be seeing the Exodar up and running like it's been in lore since Cata. I don't see how Gilneas and Kezan could be revamped, though.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Steve continues pointing out Time and Cycles. Also apparently he decided to tell us in the last quarter!

Fuck Entropy
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post

Steve continues pointing out Time and Cycles. Also apparently he decided to tell us in the last quarter!

Fuck Entropy
    The use of the term "ephemeral synergy" almost makes it sound like they're trying to associate luck with an underlying geometry—I suppose "ephemeral synergy" is fully descriptive of luck on its own, but it's odd to point this out so effectively.

lmao, so his plan literally hinged on luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I didn't forget. Also, I'm pretty sure I haven't brought up Tinkers in this entire discussion.
    I think the inference that some may make is your fixation runs so prominently that everyone can expect any conversation about technology to contain underlying suggestions of Tinkers by default.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The use of the term "ephemeral synergy" almost makes it sound like they're trying to associate luck with an underlying geometry—I suppose "ephemeral synergy" is fully descriptive of luck on its own, but it's odd to point this out so effectively.
    Quantum fluctuations but in-lore speak, I suppose. The whole Boltzmann's Brain concept comes to mind. How long was Zovaal imprisoned for this to take effect?
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Perhaps this whole time he actually had no say in events overall and really was just a random opportunist who sauntered by and happened to get lucky. Would be better than retconning all of Legion through BfA into his big evil plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    A small part of it. ....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If a dragon expansion was made in the 2000s, a rainbow colored logo of blue/red/green/yellow/orange and black could have worked to symbolize the 5 dragonflights, but today that'd probably get nixxed by the marketing department due to giving off the wrong connotations.
    Honestly, I'd be down for a solid rainbow logo. Maybe it's just me, but I like my WarCraft when it's bright, bombastic and fun. I dislike sullen characters like Arthas and Illidan. It's a hard line to toe to ensure that you don't cross over into a silly parody, but it's fantastic when done right. Things like the Shaman and Warrior questlines in Legion captured this spirit well. Simple, fun, bombastic. A little mystery here, a thread planted there, but actual resolution within their own little bites of storytelling. That stuff is peak WarCraft to me.

I would also contend that Garrosh's storyline was the best continuous original narrative that the WoW team has put together, even when they did fumble a lot of it in the middle. It was a simple story, but it was quintessentially WarCraft.

With Anduin, the Jailer, and Sylvanas taking centerstage... my brain just tunes them out. Everyone is a mopey victim. Even if the story was told well, the story they're telling isn't any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Quantum fluctuations but in-lore speak, I suppose. The whole Boltzmann's Brain concept comes to mind. How long was Zovaal imprisoned for this to take effect?
    That is, similar in that, as with the random formation of a brain in space, that circumstances simply occurred that Zovaal could escape as opposed to that he planned it ahead the whole time? I suppose that strikes me as similar to the T&E argument about him.

Perhaps this whole time he actually had no say in events overall and really was just a random opportunist who sauntered by and happened to get lucky. Would be better than retconning all of Legion through BfA into his big evil plan.
    I would have been on board with that. It would actually make sense that he's just being interjected into the narrative now simply because he interjected himself now.

Or…that just means the source of all creation in WoW synergized to such a degree that the events of the narrative allowed Zovaal to be freed as crazy powerful as he was, and at like the perfect moment? Would explain a bit tbh

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Or…that just means the source of all creation in WoW synergized to such a degree that the events of the narrative allowed Zovaal to be freed as crazy powerful as he was, and at like the perfect moment? Would explain a bit tbh
    Or maybe... just maybe... it's some hitherto unknown force that constitutes the emotional energy of the universe, as a spectrum. And maybe we, as the player characters, are able to tune into this dynamic energy source when pushed to our limits to break through the obstacles that we face - be they boar, bandit, dragon, or God.

Naw, couldn't be.

Oh yeah

Gotta specify…Ephemera is the Source of Creation in WoW. Maybe for every Blizzard verse tbh

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if the upcoming Sylvanas book wasn't them justifying her character but actually secretly bashing on how Afrasabi ruined her character
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Or maybe... just maybe... it's some hitherto unknown force that constitutes the emotional energy of the universe, as a spectrum. And maybe we, as the player characters, are able to tune into this dynamic energy source when pushed to our limits to break through the obstacles that we face - be they boar, bandit, dragon, or God.

Naw, couldn't be.
    That’s uhh…not really what it is, and it wouldn’t be another source in its own form lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Imagine if the upcoming Sylvanas book wasn't them justifying her character but actually secretly bashing on how Afrasabi ruined her character
    Heck did he do to her?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Idk nor do I care, I wanna slay Zovaal

I dunno why you people think they invented the Jailer for Shadowlands, when Legion had pretty clear references to them planning basic story beats at least that far back.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post

Naw, couldn't be.

I mean they do have a concept floating out there already called Spirit that, though not emotionally-linked, functions in a very similar way.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)