I'd just like to reiterate that I am not a KGB spy. If I had some kind of forward knowledge of the next expansion, which I don't, I would share it immediately and without hesitation. But I don't. Because I'm not. Continue to support Blizzard Entertainment and get hyped, comrades.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Couldn't the seed just be to bring Ysera back to life on Azeroth?
    Ysera is bonded to Ardenweald for good.

I think its likely we may get another World Tree, but one connected to Ardenweald rather than the ED.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think its likely we may get another World Tree, but one connected to Ardenweald rather than the ED.
    I’m also not sure about that because it doesn’t fit the Nelf aesthetic. Forsaken are keeping their purple stuff, so why would they switch the Nelf capital to a blue tree?

Unless you just mean connected in lore.

The whole gist of Ardenweald is that it's meant to revive.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Isn't the Emerald Dream already connected to Ardenweald though? Thus how the Wild Gods return from winter to spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The schtick with Ysera was that she got her corruption reversed at the cost of her being bound to AW. Remember that the zone has nobody but Huln to stick around as an Azeroth friend (besides Nelf starting zone guy) so Ysera being stuck in WQs court would make sense.

Someone told me it should bring Ursoc back, which would be pretty funny. No tree but you get Ursoc.
    Last edited by Elflover99; 2022-04-02 at 04:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Isn't the Emerald Dream already connected to Ardenweald though? Thus how the Wild Gods return from winter to spring.
    I meant creating a Tree that ties Ardenweald directly to Azeroth just how our current Trees tie Azeroth directly to the dream.
    Not connecting each other.

Yes, but Yseras wildseed got damaged in the lvling campaign, which forced the WQ to bind her to Ardenweald in order to save her.
    She is bound to the realm now.

Formerly known as Arafal

Would that really retool the Night Elf aesthetic to be more blue and white fae than the old “green and purple but also korean aesthetics we never got into“?

This will probably be answered in the expansion trailer where they will just straight up show a new tree if it’s happening. No reason to hide this cinematic otherwise.
    Last edited by Elflover99; 2022-04-02 at 04:11 PM.

Yes, but Yseras wildseed got damaged in the lvling campaign, which forced the WQ to bind her to Ardenweald in order to save her.
    She is bound to the realm now.
    Plus Merithra's "stay a while and listen" in the Heart Chamber with Alexstrasza is building up Merithra to be the Aspect and maybe even a possible villain (beware the eyes of green), what with the implication of Merithra's attempt to match her mother's legacy.

Btw a new tree does not have to be in Kalimdor. Tyrande could be planting it IN the Dragon Isles. Or in the Hinterlands or Gilneas or somewhere similar.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-02 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elflover99 View Post
    The schtick with Ysera was that she got her corruption reversed at the cost of her being bound to AW. Remember that the zone has nobody but Huln to stick around as an Azeroth friend (besides Nelf starting zone guy) so Ysera being stuck in WQs court would make sense.
    @Arafal

Was it explicitly set up that she can't revive? The way I understood it was that due to the drought and the damage to the pod Ysera'd die without the Winter Queen's direct intervention, but her doing so put Ysera back on course for the revival she'd be due anyway. Ysera is the biggest green dragon character out there, some might say the only one, so I can't see a dragon-centric deciding not to include her in favor of a peripheral character.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

@Arafal

Was it explicitly set up that she can't revive? The way I understood it was that due to the drought and the damage to the pod Ysera'd die without the Winter Queen's direct intervention, but her doing so put Ysera back on course for the revival she'd be due anyway. Ysera is the biggest green dragon character out there, some might say the only one, so I can't see a dragon-centric deciding not to include her in favor of a peripheral character.
    BfA did build up Merithra. She's been there since Classic, she has taken over, we quested with her. There is always Itharius as well.

10.0 is most likely having to do with Dragons, Azeroth, more personal stories, and maybe hints at us going to the Planes of Life or Order in 11.0. lol I made the terrible mistake of thinking SL would involve anything other than just the Death Realm, I won't make that mistake again.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Arafal

The WQ says it right after the Ysera cinematic ends.
    Winter Queen says: You are reborn in Ardenweald, Child of Dreams. To this realm are you bound, and you will share its fate.
    If she was just gonna get reborn, they'd have put her in a new pod already.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think BFA made it pretty clear that the entire original Aspect pantheon is getting replaced aside from maybe Alex. Noz is going to go crazy and Chromie is the obvious pick, Merithra is set up in BFA, Kalec and Wrathion are old stories.

Alex will likely stay as the token old mentor because
    A) sexy mommy memes
    B) the red flight is the most boring and needs more lore before they get into choosing a new leader
    C) she has a problematic past and replacing her instead of making her hero character would raise a stink. she was already pretty cool in BFA and Heroes already gave her a redesign

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elflover99 View Post
    Would that really retool the Night Elf aesthetic to be more blue and white fae than the old “green and purple but also korean aesthetics we never got into“?
    It wouldn't really be retooling, but just adding on top of it.
    The current color schemes and aesthetics would still be a thing, just have the sisterhood or druids have another sect of worship dedicated to the WQ.

Some may not like it, but its honestly the most natural course of progression they could have after learning that the god they worshipped since the inception of their civilization has a literal sister that saved their head priestess, while taking care of their deceased.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    BfA did build up Merithra. She's been there since Classic, she has taken over, we quested with her. There is always Itharius as well.
    Joke's on me, my apathy for dragons lets me down in terms of Merithra for anything except that bit in BFA where she gets depressed during 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Having racial IDs mean that they are gear that uses race-specific geosets. A helmet should not look the same on a Blood Elf and a Pandaren, so they use different race IDs.
    Do they use that for the DH alternate appeareance of some pieces? Just curious.

Seguing Nelf culture from being LOL LIFE LIFE LIFE to a little more about the Cycle would be interesting. Not as much of a culture shift as the stuff that will happen with Forsaken but it could be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Tbh there is 0 chance that a dragon expansion wouldnt have both Alex and Kalec as major characters. With Ysera dead and in the SL theyre the two most iconic dragons in the franchise by far.
    Also Red and Blue being at the front is symbolic of Horde and Alliance and both have to do with magics we are getting into (Constellars coming back mean we will learn more about Order, we need to know wtf is up with the Reds and if they are also Life or something like half Light and half Life)

The WQ says it right after the Ysera cinematic ends.

If she was just gonna get reborn, they'd have put her in a new pod already.
    Eh, the phrasing is ambiguous in as much on whether it means she's bound to the plane physically speaking or in terms of allegiance. After all the reason she ended up there was Elune's fed-ex service so it wasn't guaranteed she'd end up there.