Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not really. Your argument is ultimately rather arbitrary. There is no particular reason why Blizzard has to or should do it differently. You just want them to.

The players aren't losing anything by Blizzard doing it this way. They are being their usual insatiable selfs by always demanding more, however.
    No it's not, it's just a fair argument that they bring in a new race and a new class. But you find out it's literally the same, one thing. Again, if you are not into it, there is nothing there for you. I am not into dragons and that whole thing, so there is little excitement. Which I hoped it would be with the reveal. I guess unpopular opinion here. but I would be more content if they could have been more classes. Lukcily an interview already stated it wouldn't be weird if they ever took up a axe or staff, but that's just way to late for me, so I just don't care.

Blizzard doesn't exist without the players, feedback like this will happen regardless on the alpha, beta and the it will receive changes, so it's rather silly to say blizzard will not change anything, because players say so. Anyway this was also me voicing my opinion, I don't care enough to hop on alpha and demand changes. It's just not appealing to me, so I just don't play it and focus on classes I do want to play.

I guess you just don't agree with it, which is fine.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-04-22 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If you can breathe nuclear devastation on your enemies you're not, not going to do that.
    If a Human can learn to bring Hellfire down on their enemies why would they choose to train how to roundhouse kick them in the face instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No it's not, it's just a fair argument that they bring in a new race and a new class. But you find out it's literally the same, one thing. Again, if you are not into it, there is nothing there for you. I am not into dragons and that whole thing, so there is little excitement. Which I hoped it would be with the reveal. I guess unpopular opinion here. but I would be more content if they could have been more classes. Lukcily an interview already stated it wouldn't be weird if they ever took up a axe or staff, but that's just way to late for me, so I just don't care.

I guess you just don't agree with it, which is fine.
    No, it's not a fair argument. It's just you wanting more than you're being given.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    the interview talks about Anduin's fate. I wonder what his own journey means. So he's not with Sylvanas "thank God"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQ82gxFV...jpg&name=large
    Where does it say here he's not traveling with Sylvanas? "Anduin is on his own journey" doesn't literally mean he's traveling through the maw alone. It's a figurative journey. We're still supposed to assume he's helping the Mawsworn leave the maw.

Ion's definition of an "uneasy armistice" is fucked. Three times now the Alliance have been given everything they wanted after a big conflict & they're still like "we're this close to just annihilating you"

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    If a Human can learn to bring Hellfire down on their enemies why would they choose to train how to roundhouse kick them in the face instead?
    Not everybody has what it takes to throw around Hellfire. And most warlocks would probably have trouble with the kick.

Not everybody has what it takes to throw around Hellfire. And most warlocks would probably have trouble with the kick.
    Good point.

Not all Humans can learn how to use magic. Haven't you seen harry potter?

Dragons are not physically suited to carrying weapons. This is known. Even Wrathion's sword "disappears" when he turns into a dragon.

I don't get why everybody is saying we don't have a borrowed power system. We do have and it's called Dragonriding.

They remove one basic feature and turn it into a new feature that's less of the original one - but hey wait, to get better in that, you need to farm and grind stuff.

Peak lazy design.

I don't hate Dragonriding. I think it's a neat idea. But it's the same they did with other features in the past, stripping them away from the players just to hand them back in another fashion as some kind of new feature.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't get why everybody is saying we don't have a borrowed power system. We do have and it's called Dragonriding.
    If they use Dragonriding in every subsequent expansion, its not a borrowed power system.

If I'd even call it that: It's more like "Flying but more annoying"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not a fair argument. It's just you wanting more than you're being given.
    What a weird way to reply.

Just nope, it's rather generic opinion already. People have been saying this since the reveal. There is no choice then to pick this race and this class. We always had more choices when it comes to new race/new class, this is literally the first time they done this, so ye this feels extremely limiting if you are not into it.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-04-22 at 04:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the drachtyr are failed experiments of Neltharion we can safely say some are such weak that they can't be evoker and have to be other classes

We don't even need this kind of bs excuse, but seems like its necessary for some people to "endure" others playing the race with more than one class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    We always had more choices like this, this feels extremely limiting if you are not into it.
    God forbid we want more than ONE, choice, like we always had.

Im starting to think those people are trying to bait others

7+ Year Old Account
    If a Human can learn to bring Hellfire down on his their enemies why would they choose to train how to roundhouse kick them in the face instead?
    You keep comparing apples to oranges.

A Dracthyr is a draconic super-soldier engineered by Neltharion that inherently hold the powers of each dragonflight in them.
    'Evoker' is just the description of their inherent power.

A human can't just pick up a spellbook and become a warlock or mage, that requires an interest in an extensive magical scholarship, some intellect and years of studying.
    Not everyone can nor wants to become a mage or warlock.

Dracthyr being other classes would require them to not use their inherent dragon powers.
    Which makes no damn sense.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Im starting to think those people are trying to bait others
    yea.. and honestly the same argument can be made for other visages, such as orc, gnome what ever.
    Horns are glued on anyway, so whats the deal?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-04-22 at 04:33 PM.

They remove one basic feature and turn it into a new feature that's less of the original one - but hey wait, to get better in that, you need to farm and grind stuff.

Peak lazy design.

I don't hate Dragonriding. I think it's a neat idea. But it's the same they did with other features in the past, stripping them away from the players just to hand them back in another fashion as some kind of new feature.
    But its not "Power" tho. And I bet your ass that they will keep it in some form, just like how island expeditions eventually became torghast

Because Dragonriding as it has been described so far does not have an impact on combat power in dungeons/raids/PvP.

Except it's missing the power part. And we've "lost" flying at the start of every expansion since WoD, so that's hardly new.

7+ Year Old Account
    Borrowed power affects player power and progression.
    Hence why it's called borrowed "power".

Dragonriding is an overhauled travel system (or rather overhauled flying), which has no effect on how hard you hit things.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-04-22 at 04:30 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    But its not "Power" tho. And I bet your ass that they will keep it in some form, just like how island expeditions eventually became torghast
    Honestly, i hope they just replace regular flying entirely with it. Old flying hurts the game.

7+ Year Old Account

Peak lazy design.

???

Changed flying model is a player power now? It boosts your output? C'mon dude, this "borrowed power" buzzword misuse is getting ridiculous.

Besides, we do have borrowed power in Dragnoflight - tier sets.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Peak lazy design.

In addition to the points others have made (that this system doesn not affect player power, combat power), we have no indication that this system will only last this expansion. They took this from guild wars 2 and they have keept each of their mounts working in subsequent expansions as far as I know.