I'm surprised there hasn't been any dev questions about if the Dragonriding Drake/Dragon can be used as a Typical Flying Mount outside of the Dragon Isles once saved.

So far seems like the system should be neat assuming we can keep and use the Dragonriding Mounts outside of the Dragonridng Mechanic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been any dev questions about if the Dragonriding Drake/Dragon can be used as a Typical Flying Mount outside of the Dragon Isles once saved.

So far seems like the system should be neat assuming we can keep and use the Dragonriding Mounts outside of the Dragonridng Mechanic.
    You mean if the drake/dragon from the system will be a flying mount outside the dragon isles? probably, there is no reason to believe otherwise

Unless they expect us to finish some quests or milestone until possible

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    things_that_will_be_abdundantly_clear_as_soon_as_the_alpha_comes_out.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this was brought up but:
    https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcra...tory-factions/
    World of Warcraft: Dragonflight will be a deeper dive into draconic lore than any previous content in WoW. Feasel teased several mysteries that may be uncovered during the story, including the origin of the Emerald Dream and the nature of the timeways of the bronze dragonflight. He also hinted that, in addition to learning about the origin of the new playable drakthyr race, players could expect to learn more about other draconic creatures, like dragonspawn and drakonids.
    The draconic politics will extend beyond just the five dragonflights and the Primalists, however. Feasel made mention of the other types of dragons players have encountered over the years, such as the twilight dragonflight, the stone drakes of Deepholm, and the storm drakes of the Broken Isles, and that some of these groups may hold resentment over not being included in the main dragonflights. Players should expect these flights–and perhaps others, like the netherwing dragonflight from Burning Crusade — to be involved in the drama of the Dragon Isles as well.
    More lore for other Dragonkin.
    Lots of dragon politics including older broods like the Netherwing.

Origins of the ED, explains why Tyrande's supposedly involved again.
    Maybe (hopefully) they'll finally let Freya do something this time.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You keep comparing apples to oranges.

A Dracthyr is a draconic super-soldier engineered by Neltharion that inherently hold the powers of each dragonflight in them.
    'Evoker' is just the description of their inherent power.

A human can't just pick up a spellbook and become a warlock or mage, that requires an interest in an extensive magical scholarship, some intellect and years of studying.
    Not everyone can nor wants to become a mage or warlock.

Dracthyr being other classes would require them to not use their inherent dragon powers.
    Which makes no damn sense.
    Blizz already said they're open to more dracthyr classes. A drac could just forgo their evoker abilities and still have their latent racial attributes present so they can pursue another class.

Think of it like an LFD warrior.

Really not a fan of evokers essentially being super OP racial abilities for drac.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Don't know if this was brought up but:
    https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcra...tory-factions/

More lore for other Dragonkin.
    Lots of dragon politics including older broods like the Netherwing.

Origins of the ED, explains why Tyrande's supposedly involved again.
    Maybe (hopefully) they'll finally let Freya do something this time.
    I believe it all be as bad as the last 2 expansions, and, with lots of retcons(just like the dracthyr race itself is one) so im not holding my breath about it.

I don't know what the fuck the netherwing will be doing there since they are set in outland, guess we will find out they were here all along

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I am in total agreement with you. Maybe in the future....maybe....Blizzard will let other classes be dragons...but to me it makes no sense. I mean...I have mained a tauren hunter since Vanilla. How derpy would it look for her to come flying in, land, turn into some massive (because they are a lot bigger than humanoid classes) dragon and then pull out a bow/gun and start pew pewing? Is that what people want? Or to start shooting fire and magic? I don't get it. Leave it be. And I admire your patience in trying to get through peoples heads, but it doesn't seem to be working
    We do what we can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If the drachtyr are failed experiments of Neltharion we can safely say some are such weak that they can't be evoker and have to be other classes
    If they're weak, they're not going to be adventurers.

Keep in mind, an Evoker isn't a class that they choose to be, Evoker is what they are. It is as much as a race as it is a class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If they're weak, they're not going to be adventurers.
    Says who? they can be weak with magic and strong in physical strength,put your dragon build to good use.

Keep in mind, an Evoker isn't a class that they choose to be, Evoker is what they are. It is as much as a race as it is a class.
    We already understand that they are selling demon hunter 2.0 as a race, you don't need to keep reminding us of how bad it is.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-22 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Honestly, i hope they just replace regular flying entirely with it. Old flying hurts the game.
    True that would be amazing. But they'd have to make those animations for all existing mounts. I don't see them doing it unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't get why everybody is saying we don't have a borrowed power system. We do have and it's called Dragonriding.

They remove one basic feature and turn it into a new feature that's less of the original one - but hey wait, to get better in that, you need to farm and grind stuff.

Peak lazy design.

I don't hate Dragonriding. I think it's a neat idea. But it's the same they did with other features in the past, stripping them away from the players just to hand them back in another fashion as some kind of new feature.
    this guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, it might be copium, but I'm hoping they increase wows budget. We wont see the effects of it until 11.0 or maybe not until 12.0, but we can hope.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant Thornygos btw. Idk how I missed the n.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it looks like a monk and ninja mixed. Might look derpy on a fat panda though.
    I’m glad that I have the stone hidden artifact appearance because it fits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, that Monk set is bad ass, NGL.

Anyway, it looks like we're going to be waiting for some more info. I really want to see the new abilities and talents for the new class and the existing classes.
    Ion is wanting to get that out before testing so they know what we want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    this guy gets it.
    No he really does not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think the dragon form can even ride mounts.
    They need to allow Dracthyr to transform into nearly any unlocked dragon mount for flying, or at LEAST the four customizable drakes for Dragon Riding. Having to sit on them in visage form would be so incredibly awkward. And staying as just that one form would be equally lame and the equivalent of only having one druid flight form option.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-22 at 05:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    this guy gets it.
    He gets it by calling a revamped flying system a "borrowed power?"
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says who? they can be weak with magic and strong in physical strength, but your dragon build to good use.
    Essentially what you're saying is that if they suck at being a Dracthyr they can be something other than an Evoker. That's not a great motivating factor to get people to roll a different class.

We already understand that they are selling demon hunter 2.0 as a race, you don't need to keep reminding us of how bad it is.
    It's only bad in your opinion. There's plenty of other players who are quite excited to be getting a playable version of the dragon aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    True that would be amazing. But they'd have to make those animations for all existing mounts. I don't see them doing it unfortunately.
    Not really. All they need is to figure out what animations are fitting of a group of mounts and then apply it to them across the board.

All gryphon rig mounts get a barrel roll for instance. And all mechanical mounts get a boost straight forward.

So long as every mount doesn't play entirely differently it should work just fine. So far the only thing we have really heard and seen is that they will have different tricks they can do, not that one is exceptional at hovering compared to another so who is great at diving for instance.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Honestly, i hope they just replace regular flying entirely with it. Old flying hurts the game.
    Normal flying doesn't hurt the game. You are just too weak and too hypocritical not to use it. You have neither the resolve nor the principal to use ground mounts and you need external force not to use it. Weak.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe it all be as bad as the last 2 expansions, and, with lots of retcons(just like the dracthyr race itself is one) so im not holding my breath about it.
    Dracthyr are not a retcon. Nothing about previous lore indicated there was no other dragonkin types out there.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He gets it by calling a revamped flying system a "borrowed power?"
    The amount of trolling here is going to increase since everyone is bored with nothing new on the PTR or beta going up lol

https://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcr...hen-1393543/3/

I know this is Soon (TM) and he could be lying but this is promising in terms of the alpha starting sooner rather than later.