Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's also the possibility that the narration happened a bit after the events shown, or even that Alexstrasza speaking is the present day one.
    That aside, even if it was after the Sundering, that doesn't mean they were part of it before that. It's the Dragon Isles, not the Dragon Mountains, after all.
    Probably fair to say that the quote:
    "The world has been sundered. It cries out in pain. We must go to it's aid. We entrust our ancestral home to you, The Watchers. Let the land slumber. Hidden even from our own eyes.
    You will feel our return in the waking of the land. Then, you must light the Beacon of Tyrhold, lest the path home be lost to us."
    Seems to be straightforwardly a command to The Watchers from Alexstrasza during the time of her departure though, no?
    and that's why the end is awkward because I think, who is she talking to?

But I definitely don't rule it out that the Isles could be Isles to begin with though. Could be a neat idea for sure.

So why did the guy that leaked the photos of Dracthyr say that they would have 2 dps spec and that the healer would heal with fire?

How would you guys feel if dracthyr form remained armorless and without a male / female form, but we had more than one visage option that could freely be swapped somehow.

So like humans, tauren, nelves, gnomes, belves, trolls, etc. All with crazy draconic features.

Would that even it out? I think it's be a good compromise for this lack of armor issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Would that even it out? I think it's be a good compromise for this lack of armor issue.
    How is that a compromise? Creating art pieces for Drac'thyr is a whole lot easier then creating visage models for all the different races and their different features (hair, face, etc). "Freely" swapped implies in combat which sort of undermines even having a dragonkin form to begin with.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

No matter what they add they will be people who will hate it and scream about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How is that a compromise? Creating art pieces for Drac'thyr is a whole lot easier then creating visage models for all the different races and their different features (hair, face, etc). "Freely" swapped implies in combat which sort of undermines even having a dragonkin form to begin with.

By swap I mean just the visage you choose to represent.

Combat still remains drac only but at least we can have multiple visages to choose from instead of just male belves or female humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    the interview talks about Anduin's fate. I wonder what his own journey means. So he's not with Sylvanas "thank God"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQ82gxFV...jpg&name=large
    Wow interesting. So he's saying that the 4 zones of dragon isles are larger than All other continents except northrend.

Bigger than pandaria, broken isles, bfa continents, outlands, draenor. He even said the 4 zones of dragon isles are significantly bigger than the shadowlands zones.

- - - Updated - - -

in an interview, Ion said that Anduin will no longer be king of stormwind forever
    He will be back at some point to overthrow evil Turalyon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't get why everybody is saying we don't have a borrowed power system. We do have and it's called Dragonriding.

They remove one basic feature and turn it into a new feature that's less of the original one - but hey wait, to get better in that, you need to farm and grind stuff.

Peak lazy design.

I don't hate Dragonriding. I think it's a neat idea. But it's the same they did with other features in the past, stripping them away from the players just to hand them back in another fashion as some kind of new feature.
    But it isn't used in instanced content so I don't see what your point is.

7+ Year Old Account
    How would you guys feel if dracthyr form remained armorless and without a male / female form, but we had more than one visage option that could freely be swapped somehow.

So like humans, tauren, nelves, gnomes, belves, trolls, etc. All with crazy draconic features.

I doesn't even need those crazy draconic shenanigans

Give the base core races as visage and we are set

This way "any race" can be the class.

the interview talks about Anduin's fate. I wonder what his own journey means. So he's not with Sylvanas "thank God"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQ82gxFV...jpg&name=large
    Nothing indicates he isn't. I think they're being vague for non-book readers. Plus the book never confirmed it, so they likely read 9.2.5 as a "surprise."

Would be a terrible decision, as it would essentially make Dracthyr humanoids whicturn into dragons, rather than full on dragons with a humanoid form for convenience.

Being a dragon is the big selling point. If they remove that then making it its own race is kinda pointless when they could just make it a class that gets extra customization options like DK or DH.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    That's actually a good point. A Jed'hin class would be something similar for Draenei that is Draenei-only because it is something only Draenei are able to do, with the tail, hooves and crests all being used in wrestling.

However I again disagree with the idea that they can't be other classes in the future because there is no lore locking them into NOT branching out into other classes. Until there is lore for that, it's not impossible. Same as how Draenei are every class but not (only) Jed'hin wrestlers.
    I do agree it makes no sense for drakthyr to be other classes ATM.

They could easily use narrative to change that. Maybe a certain group of drakthyr lost their connection to the aspects. They are still dragons. But they don't have aspect power. Idk what would make them loss their power but it's a possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    Speaking of lore I am excited to see the novel for this expansion. Hopefully it’s Golden again, loved the Sylvanas book.
    I hope it centers around nozdormu. A timey wimey book could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    No matter what they add they will be people who will hate it and scream about it.
    That's definitely true. But Blizzard chose the lazy way yet again. I think that's what upsets people.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Letting people attack with the visage form would be nonsense and would defeat the purpose of making such ridiculous class/race combo in the first place, is like wanting to attack as a feral druid in your normal form.
    This take proves blizzard can't make everyone happy. I'm not 100% disagreeing with you either btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    To seek more power. Necromancers and Warlocks are typically arcane mages who do the same thing.

Not close to being comparable to going from a Dragon down to a common Rogue.
    Blizzard could narratively make a reason for a drakthyr to be another class, but if they don't I agree with you. I'd rather they just add dragonkin.

I doesn't even need those crazy draconic shenanigans

Give the base core races as visage and we are set

This way "any race" can be the class.
    I understand that they want some visual identity for the race even in humanoid form and I'm all for it. Maybe in a later expansion we could have gnome drakthyr but for now I'd rather have them stick to their original plan for the humanoid form.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I understand that they want some visual identity for the race even in humanoid form and I'm all for it. Maybe in a later expansion we could have gnome drakthyr but for now I'd rather have them stick to their original plan for the humanoid form.
    The issue is that by focusing more on the humanoid forms we have now we are losing out on the actual focus on being dragons.

Dracthyr are dragons, not humans or elves who turn into them. This isn't a DH that play an elf who turns into a demon.

Ideally the humanoid form should have just been a cosmetic racial that let you change into any race. Possibly only one at a time swappable from your Dracthyr hub if being able to change that forms cosmetics is so important.

Really just focus on the dragon and making it appealing to stay in that form, instead of letting it languish and just become an obligation players have to deal with for combat.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hope it centers around nozdormu. A timey wimey book could be fun.
    The Thrall timewalking book was pretty poor imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Or, they could allow any basic visage now, and later add the customizations, this way people can play the race/class at launch, Cause, im not buying the game if i can't have other visages (or play with the race as another class)

There is no point in having a visual difference in the first place, cause its a form to blend with mortals, like dragons, this is direct the opposite of the idea

Or, they could allow any basic visage now, and later add the customizations, this way people can play the race/class at launch, Cause, im not buying the game if i can't have other visages (or play with the race as another class)

There is no point in having a visual difference in the first place, cause its a form to blend with mortals, like dragons, this is direct the opposite of the idea
    Are they meant to blend in? The dragons' developed their humanoid shapes to blend in because their tasks required that. The Dracthyr though are pretty much soldiers. They are not infilitrators or ambassadors. We don't even know if they go through a Visage ceremony like dragons do or if the forms are constrained to Neltharion's aesthetics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The issue is that by focusing more on the humanoid forms we have now we are losing out on the actual focus on being dragons.

Dracthyr are dragons, not humans or elves who turn into them. This isn't a DH that play an elf who turns into a demon..
    I mean, that is the problem isn't? it is a DH-like that play an elf that turns into a demon, but they found good to sell as a race as well...

Regardless, i agree 100% with you, and the rest of the post, i want the race to be worgen level, functional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Are they meant to blend in? The dragons' developed their humanoid shapes to blend in because their tasks required that. The Dracthyr though are pretty much soldiers.
    Then why you want a humanoid form in the first place? to look cool? if its to look cool you can look like you want, and that include a basic form without shenanigans.

They are not infilitrators or ambassadors. We don't even know if they go through a Visage ceremony like dragons do or if the forms are constrained to Neltharion's aesthetics.
    Danuser said they do go trough the visage ceremony, the name of the thing is visage after all.

And It can't be neltharion aesthetics as high/blood elves didn't existed yet.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-23 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Thrall timewalking book was pretty poor imo.
    It was a very dumb story you shouldn't think about too much, timetraveling alternate Blackmoore natch, but not offensively bad in as much as none of it short of Benedictus ever came up or mattered, and Benedictus's game appearance plays it off as a reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    This is an important part. The human form is just a costume. Making the dragon form you'll be spending most of your time in less of an uncanny valley stick figure will do more for the race than trying to salvage the mess that is the scalies looking like high elves (who didn't exist) and humans (who were savages).
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.