Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Danuser said they do go trough the visage ceremony, the name of the thing is visage after all.

And It can't be neltharion aesthetics as high/blood elves didn't existed yet.
    Eh elves don't exist in the real world yet we have a lot of people jerking off to them dancing on mailboxes. Something doesn't need to exist for it to be someone's aesthetic. Neltharion apparently likes his women curvy and his men athletic and of all colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This is an important part. The human form is just a costume. Making the dragon form you'll be spending most of your time in less of an uncanny valley stick figure will do more for the race than trying to salvage the mess that is the scalies looking like high elves (who didn't exist) and humans (who were savages).
    I also find it interesting how clearly eastern the design is; Western RPGs tend to depict anthropomorphic beasts as largely bestial but human shaped while Eastern RPGs make them humans with a few bestial features. Shows what the audience for this race is. What's next, catgirls?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I also find it interesting how clearly eastern the design is; Western RPGs tend to depict anthropomorphic beasts as largely bestial but human shaped while Eastern RPGs make them humans with a few bestial features. Shows what the audience for this race is. What's next, catgirls?
    That plus the transparent asset reuse is why I really hate their design. One thing about WoW is that the races aren't generally just a dude with cat ears or a girl with a tail or what have you but are actually distinct beast people. While BFA's allied races were sometimes pretty lazy in their asset reuse, they weren't outright against the general visual philosophy of the game. And it's mostly because they're called a race in the first place when they're really just a class with special visual options like the DH.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

They are, indeed, probably trying to curry interest from the Eastern audience to expand and possibly because China is China.

Some of it is also possibly artist appeal. There's a certain softness that seems to convey that they wanted them to be cuter or "pretty." Even their wave and animations convey this sense of naive wonder and they've described them in interviews as being more curious than anything else, befitting of having the "mortal scrappiness (ugh)." They're...not really meant to be ferocious like drakonids or whatever else, and I think that's a serious loss.

Dragons are boring lore-wise but they're still fucking cool visually as a playable idea by virtue of being dragons. Having them be lizard-men with almost Vulpera-like whimsy kinda robs it of that. But there's time to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    They are, indeed, probably trying to curry interest from the Eastern audience to expand and possibly because China is China.

Some of it is also possibly artist appeal. There's a certain softness that seems to convey that they wanted them to be cuter or "pretty." Even their wave and animations convey this sense of naive wonder and they've described them in interviews as being more curious than anything else, befitting of having the "mortal scrappiness (ugh)." They're...not really meant to be ferocious like drakonids or whatever else, and I think that's a serious loss.

Dragons are boring lore-wise but they're still fucking cool visually as a playable idea by virtue of being dragons. Having them be lizard-men with almost Vulpera-like whimsy kinda robs it of that. But there's time to correct.
    But they are presented as people meant to be soldiers.

Yes, skilled in psychological warfare. Deathwing knew that his enemies wouldn't be able to recover from the mental damage of being defeated by one of these gangly abominations streaking by while throwing rainbow flames going "OwO wot's dis".
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Yes, skilled in psychological warfare. Deathwing knew that his enemies wouldn't be able to recover from the mental damage of being defeated by one of these gangly abominations streaking by while throwing rainbow flames going "OwO wot's dis".
    "Is that a comically impractical claymore, or are you just happy to see me?"
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Imagine if the female Dracthyr does that "bounce with hands flaying to the side while smiling" thing when idle in her human form . . .
    Also needs pigtails. And maybe a sailor scout heritage armor.

This is the only explanation, since again, they really are pushing this wide-eyed bullshit - that Neltharion sucked at experimentation as much as his son.

I'm trying to find the interview in question describing the Dracthyr as such but I'm struggling to - but I swear someone definitely talked about them being this very curious race LEARNING ABOUT MORTALS and the like and kind of set them up as not particularly threatening or the like. It feels like a conscious choice with them having such a soft edge to them.

I'm trying to find the interview in question describing the Dracthyr as such but I'm struggling to - but I swear someone definitely talked about them being this very curious race LEARNING ABOUT MORTALS and the like and kind of set them up as not particularly threatening or the like. It feels like a conscious choice with them having such a soft edge to them.
    Well a lot of them will be learning about mortals first hand in Goldshire and Silvermoon. Got to get some hands on experience.

Well a lot of them will be learning about mortals first hand in Goldshire and Silvermoon. Got to get some hands on experience.
    Thanks, I hate this.

Really though, they need to make them scarier. Yeah, "tHeY'rE cAsTeRs" but they're also mail-wearing casters that probably have off-healing in their DPS spec. Some durability is inevitable. There should be an intimidating silhouette involved.

I think I know just the kind of learning they mean but @Nymrohd beat me to it.

Maybe to Neltharion making these abomination was like Frankenstein looking at the monster on the slab coming to life and realizing the enormity of what he hath wrought. Hence why Deathwing's next project with the Demon Soul involves a blank inanimate object and only slightly later he goes irreparably insane.

Thanks, I hate this.

Really though, they need to make them scarier. Yeah, "tHeY'rE cAsTeRs" but they're also mail-wearing casters that probably have off-healing in their DPS spec. Some durability is inevitable. There should be an intimidating silhouette involved.
    Every adventurer needs to be scary honestly. Adventuring casters are not bookworms studying magic at their ivory towers, they are constantly fighting, moving, dodging, mounting massive beasts. No adventurer would look soft.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh elves don't exist in the real world yet we have a lot of people jerking off to them dancing on mailboxes. Something doesn't need to exist for it to be someone's aesthetic. Neltharion apparently likes his women curvy and his men athletic and of all colors.?
    He was a dragon, so im not going to put him on the twitter fanbase of warcraft.

But its Danuser who si writing him so i guess you may be right.

Either way, its us who will be playing, not him

That plus the transparent asset reuse is why I really hate their design. One thing about WoW is that the races aren't generally just a dude with cat ears or a girl with a tail or what have you but are actually distinct beast people. While BFA's allied races were sometimes pretty lazy in their asset reuse, they weren't outright against the general visual philosophy of the game. And it's mostly because they're called a race in the first place when they're really just a class with special visual options like the DH.
    Fuck.... So this is how we will get Saberons?

Man, if all knew how bag things would rly be...

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Fuck.... So this is how we will get Saberons?
    Delet this.

Put that thing in a spoiler at least. Have some decency!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    As a shaman main, hell no. That is a very much plate set belonging to a warrior who gave it to another warrior who turned around and learned to be a shaman on top of it. Absolutely nothing about the Doomhammer set says "shaman" and I just want a damn set that actually looks like a shaman would wear it. If you're gonna pick an iconic orc shaman to take the gear off of, just take Drek'thar. Or maybe even pick a Tauren for once.

Edit: scratch that, Drek'thar's set is entirely from in game assets you can already get and it looks like ass these days. Give him a new unique set first and then you can give it to shamans.
    While I get your point, the Doomplate was worn by Thrall for some time so I think it owuld be cool to be able to wear it as a shaman together with the Doomhammer - maybe together with his shaman robes similiar to the WoD version? A Tauren armour would be cool too, but I think neither Baine nor Cairne are seen as Shamans? Other than that, maybe Voljin's armour?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account

Isn't a consensus that they are doing this to get the FF fanbase as well? as this race is basically their dragon-folk? anime girls with scales?

And yes, its also based on what the artists want, that was pretty evident when one of then said basically "too bad you can't be a gnome dracthyr, because this way we can give more custimizations that we like!!1!!!" or "sheesh im so excited with those customizations cause i can have my character hair like mine's!

This is the kind of devs we current have

- - - Updated - - -

Delet this.
    Im pretty sure you know its true, it will come

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    While I get your point, the Doomplate was worn by Thrall for some time so I think it owuld be cool to be able to wear it as a shaman together with the Doomhammer - maybe together with his shaman robes similiar to the WoD version? A Tauren armour would be cool too, but I think neither Baine nor Cairne are seen as Shamans? Other than that, maybe Voljin's armour?
    Doomhammer black plate should be the orcish heritage armor, since Thral don't deserve anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Pretty sure the next time we see Drek'thar is his funeral. Dude is old. And no, Cairne and Baine are very much warriors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    How would you guys feel if dracthyr form remained armorless and without a male / female form, but we had more than one visage option that could freely be swapped somehow.

So like humans, tauren, nelves, gnomes, belves, trolls, etc. All with crazy draconic features.

Would that even it out? I think it's be a good compromise for this lack of armor issue.
    More visage forms would be super cool, but again I don't want them to change the Dracthyr form that much. It's actually cool that they don't have gender differences - I think it's a modern look at a dragon race. We don't need dragon girls with boobs and big muscular guys, it's 2022, let's do something more modern. The propper drakes also have no obvious gender differences on their models so lets stick with that please. If people think the male dracthyr are "too feminine", they have a bunch of other races to choose from ...

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure the next time we see Drek'thar is his funeral. Dude is old. And no, Cairne and Baine are very much warriors.
    Well, the whole idea would be that the infinite dragons could have gotten their hands on various sets from different heroes and villains from other timelines so his health status wouldn't matter that much haha.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Drek'thar is basically Benjamin Button, went from old ass senile orc in a wheelchair to back on his feet swinging his axes.

Next time we see him he will not be blind anymore.