7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's even less like taming than the stable was. At least the stable had you do activities to domesticate those animals. Just staring at an animal for 10 seconds isn't taming.
    Well, the idea would be to use the protoform synthesis system but evolve it so it actually fits the dragonflight lore - it makes no sense to "build" wild animals, so "taming" would be the way to go. Tame the base animal, craft stuff like reins and a saddle and maybe collect some magic dust that makes them like you and you are good to go.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The Council is underutilized and has extreme lack of responses. The responses we've gotten since the announcement has been tied to the Dragonflight threads on feedback.

Regardless, I am too tired to express my disappointment in the Council and again. I really hate that it has become this pro-positive talking point when there's zero effort put into it beyond literally 1-2 posts a week.

Not only is it extremely annoying but there's dozens of QoL and smaller communities (Roleplaying, Collectionists, Transmog and so forth) which has extremely quality threads on the Council that will never receive any attention.

Regardless, I don't really care because I kind of expected that the talking point surrounding the Council would end up in this weird situation where because it exists and Blizzard are doing good that the Council would be included as doing good too in such circumstances.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-02 at 09:54 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I wonder if they ever will do blizzcon again. Considering how critical even long time fans of the company have become recently. And it is at least obvious to me the developers cannot really handle harsh criticism.

Instead of broadening their views, it becomes narrow. Instead of listening to their players, they troll them. Instead of caring about player agenda, they create a "community council" made out of opportunists as a PR stunt.
    Not sure I agree with you on the devs not being able to handle harsh criticism. If anything, I'd argue that seems to come from a PR department that was for a while preventing devs from being more open minded. Given the recent PR push for DF is going onto places like Asmongold's stream that would have in the past been considered non grata, I feel they are trying to reach out more these days.

That being said, I too feel like we will not see Blizzcon in the future. If anything, I suspect Blizz announcements will be given out in more traditional means in the future at conferences like PAX & EGX.

The issue with the community council is primarily the same as with all such dedicated feedback forums. The lack of people to give good feedback.
    Curating the members helps a bit in removing outright trolls, but does nothing for those that are just plain bad at communicating their grievances, even if they are valid. Some players just don't have the ability to take a broader look at a system and gauge how it could work not just in the context of the larger game, but for players who might not play the same as them.

The ideal community council member should be able to give constructive criticism, have a good understanding of game mechanics, be able to talk on a broad amount of topics, while simultaneously being able to go in-depth if required. And most importantly needs to give constant feedback, not just once in a blue moon.
    And while players like that are not exceedingly rare, they are not necessarily easy to come by without actively searching for them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Btw., on a side note, has anyone from the boosting communities cried out loud yet? Seems that new crafting auction house will move many of their boostees to buy crafted BOP items. Where is the outrage?
    Boosting for gold is banned, has been for quite a while now. Noone is complaining because they have been removed from the game.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Boosting for gold is banned, has been for quite a while now. Noone is complaining because they have been removed from the game.
    Boosting for gold is not banned. You just can't be part of a community as more often then not they were fronts for RMT. Individuals or guilds can still offer carries for gold (in-game currency). Advertising also has to be done by a player character that will participate in that activity.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-02 at 10:21 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1+ Year Old Account
    The problem on the Council right now is the lack of responses. Again, if we had a robust and fully staffed Community Manager team and also had developers who had actually free time on their hand to respond beyond the fact that they are all burned to the crisp to hit 2 year cycle timers so that the shareholders and Bobby will be happy. But, again. That ain't happening. So, here we are with 1-2 responses every week.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

AFAIR, only advertising was banned, and boosting is still allowed. Or did i miss a recent change?
    You can't boost cross server
    That's it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    The problem on the Council right now is the lack of responses. Again, if we had a robust and fully staffed Community Manager team and also had developers who had actually free time on their hand to respond beyond the fact that they are all burned to the crisp to hit 2 year cycle timers so that the shareholders and Bobby will be happy. But, again. That ain't happening. So, here we are with 1-2 responses every week.
    I think they are all on suicide watch after essentially announcing an expansion that says "we were wrong for two years"

They banned large cross realm boosting communities, technically they can still exist since Blizzard can't ban people just for being in a discord server, but if they're caught advertising on a low level character that wont be apart of the run, they'll get banned.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    I think they are all on suicide watch after essentially announcing an expansion that says "we were wrong for two years"
    Considering, we've just diverted back to Mists of Pandaria and also gone back to pre-Borrowed Power and Build Around System Expansions. Try 8 Years.

I mean hell even the theme of the expansion is MoP like with exploring Dragon Isles after 10000 years.

Nihil.

DF being very similar to MoP is probably it's most attractive feature.

First, blizzard simply did not respond to them, so they made an own discord.

Third, people were not happy about how Blizzard handled the council.

Blizzard then banned 20% of the community council.
    This isn't what happened and is an extremely clickbaity version of it, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    As someone on the council, I pretty much agree with this. The amount of engagement is extremely small at the moment, I'm hoping it'll get better during 10.0 testing... but yeah, not expecting it.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-05-02 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much to discuss until we get to the testing phase of Dragonflight so there is that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not much to discuss until we get to the testing phase of Dragonflight so there is that.
    I think we'll get Alpha this month. Hopefully they put out that art blog and talent calculator sooner than that, like they hoped for. Though I don't think we're getting anything else with the mobile game news tomorrow.

they are pushing all the nerfs right now
    some in my team dont really likeit but im assuming they are doing it for season 4 prep

Blizzard then banned 20% of the community council.
    Asmongold's video titles are never true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Asmongold's video titles are never true.
    wasnt that the title of the thread though?

I'm more excited about seeing the Dracthyr blogpost than the talent calculator to be honest, I have a feeling an in depth deep dive on how much customization they truly have will make or break the race for me and a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm more excited about seeing the Dracthyr blogpost than the talent calculator to be honest, I have a feeling an in depth deep dive on how much customization they truly have will make or break the race for me and a lot of people.
    We can't get it soon enough, people whinging about Dracthyr not looking good to them is bordering on being as annoying as high-elf/anti high-elf ever was, and it's taking so much focus away from other talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This isn't what happened and is an extremely clickbaity version of it, just saying.

As someone on the council, I pretty much agree with this. The amount of engagement is extremely small at the moment, I'm hoping it'll get better during 10.0 testing... but yeah, not expecting it.
    I'd expect that most of you went to the council and many made long, detailed, constructive posts . . . which saw no reply from the devs and not significant engagement from other members (because when it came to more niche issues I am assuming the council is not deep enough a bench for discussion). Doesn't take much to give up on it.

Feedback is so important but I think Blizzard has always focused on metrics first and foremost and only looked at anything else if there was a clear outcry from the community. Which sucks because metrics may be hard data but you need people who can read them.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw., on a side note, has anyone from the boosting communities cried out loud yet? Seems that new crafting auction house will move many of their boostees to buy crafted BOP items. Where is the outrage?
    I think you misunderstood how crafted BoP items will work. The buyer of the work order will have to provide any and all BoP reagents. Which means that if a high ilvl item requires an item from a raid or dungeon, whoever is buying needs to run that raid or dungeon and get the item.
    If anything the possibility of Master Loot coming back probably has boosters celebrating.