7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    The point is, the players should have the freedom to decide what they like and what they don't. But I am completely willing to compromise on Drac'thyr - cloaks are obviously out, boots and gloves might be tricky, helms might be hit-or-miss... but I'd like to see an effort made. The seem to have resigned themselves to a minimal goal from the outset.
    But most old gear won't look good on them anyways, so it seems like they instead went with 3D pieces that you can put on via the barbershop. Isn't that actually more effort done than with other races like Tauren/Worgen? The only thing that I would like to have are future evoker tier sets being able to be displayed on your drake form tbh.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Then you are between a rock and a hard place. I can understand the sentiment of playing races that appeal to you and I'm also a sucker for transmog, but if you don't like how Dracthyr transmog works, you will either have to not play one or accept it.
    I am willing to accept compromises, but not ones that don't give me at least some of what I want.

I don't like how Dracthyr racial Dragonriding is said to only work on the baseline unupgraded version as well, but that should be something I should attempt to have the developers change, rather than just blindly accepting it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The only thing that I would like to have are future evoker tier sets being able to be displayed on your drake form tbh.
    That's the bare minimum. Because adding a few static baubles onto the barbershop is not equitable to a visible gear slot in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    But I want to stay in dragon form, and also look great doing so.
    Imagine if Worgen didn't get full customization options just because human form existed.
    To each their own, but I think this looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If it was encrypted, we could read no texts from it.

So it is unfinished.
    Then it's most likely not going to be revealed to us until 9.2.5 actually drops. Which seems extreme, considering its very unlikely the quests have anything to do with the events of Dragonflight. Or for the first time, they encrypted something in the PTR to be revealed on the PTR. So either way, that's very strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Then it's most likely not going to be revealed to us until 9.2.5 actually drops. Which seems extreme, considering its very unlikely the quests have anything to do with the events of Dragonflight. Or for the first time, they encrypted something in the PTR to be revealed on the PTR. So either way, that's very strange.
    Blizzard hates datamining is going to encrypt even more stuff in the future. Wouldn't be shocked if Alpha/Beta/PTR will have bare minimum of story content available to make the systems playable.

I am willing to accept compromises, but not ones that don't give me at least some of what I want.

I don't like how Dracthyr racial Dragonriding is said to only work on the baseline unupgraded version as well, but that should be something I should attempt to have the developers change, rather than just blindly accepting it.
    That's the thing, it's not about compromises. Blizzard will surely listen to criticism to some extent, but ultimately it's their choice. If you don't like any aspect of Dracthyr and therefor don't play them hundreds of thousands of other players will. That being said I hope you get everything you wish for Dracthyr, I like their concept but I just do not play healers or ranged so they are just not for me...although.. I could go on a crusade for an Envoker melee spec. *thinking*

And regarding dragonriding: as far as I know we literally don't know anything about it, so we don't know what "unupgraded" even means. I'd keep my judgment for the testing phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Looks much too Blood Elven.

Indeed the fact that mounting effectively forces you to use the Visage form effectively kills the dragon fantasy by itself.

Yeah, I really hope this is something they'll consider changing once the beta starts and it becomes widespread knowledge that dracthyr have to enter visage form and ride another dragon to be able to fully experience dragonriding. Dracthyr really should be able to upgrade their own flight with the system, especially since it sounds like they'll be their own flying mount in legacy content.

If dracthyr could upgrade their own flying, and display elements of their tier sets, then I wouldn't have any concerns left with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Indeed the fact that mounting effectively forces you to use the Visage form effectively kills the dragon fantasy by itself.
    I'm not entirely clear on whether or not Drac'thyr have both the ability to both "dragonride" and "fly" as you would with a mount, or just the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Blizzard hates datamining is going to encrypt even more stuff in the future. Wouldn't be shocked if Alpha/Beta/PTR will have bare minimum of story content available to make the systems playable.
    I loathe that. That's a future where this fandom spends 20 pages talking about dragon shoulders & nothing else oh god we're already living it

There's no real evidence this improves the experience for anyone. Of all ideas they could have lifted from FFXIV this & crafting are the ones they chose??

I loathe that. That's a future where this fandom spends 20 pages talking about dragon shoulders & nothing else oh god we're already living it

There's no real evidence this improves the experience for anyone. Of all ideas they could have lifted from FFXIV this & crafting are the ones they chose??
    I've belonged to so many fiction fandoms over the years and we had no trouble dealing with things as they were revealed one book or episode at a time, speculating on what would happen in the meantime. You think WoW taking 6-8 months for a patch is long? Try some fantasy fiction series.

Slow down! Life is to be savored!

I'm not entirely clear on whether or not Drac'thyr have both the ability to both "dragonride" and "fly" as you would with a mount, or just the former.
    Dracthyr have the regular ability to use all mounts, but also a special racial that lets them use the dragonriding mechanic without a mount.

Blizzard did seem to say that this would only be the baseline version of dragonriding you get before any upgrades though, which is the problem. You get Dragonriding day 1, even during levelling if the interviews are to be believed. And having a racial that is only useful for an hour of gameplay seems a bit dumb when it could just scale with your dragonriding skill instead.

Though of course, this is one of those things that could have been misinterpreted. The devs could have meant that they get baseline dragonriding in all zones, not just Dragonflight zones. Or indeed that the "Dracthyr have Dragonriding", and "Dragonriding starts restrictive and gets upgraded over time", became "Dracthyr have restrictive Dragonriding".

I have been burned on this before, but I do think this is one of those obvious issues that Blizzard wouldnt be dumb enough to make.

7+ Year Old Account

Removing any story spoilers does improve the experience for anyone. We can see all the stuff at the same time instead of having a part of the community being on the PTR while the other part isn't. PTR should be about testing systems only, not playing the full game in advance.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

[img]https://i.redd.it/nyvyld6cgiu81.jpg[img]
    It does, but as I have said before, all the fancy cosmetics in the world means nothing compared to being able to use Transmog to look like an idiot.

I don't need all the pieces to be transmoggable, but I would like enough so that you can really make it look distinct, and not just a color swap on every other Dracthyr in the world.

It does, but as I have said before, all the fancy cosmetics in the world means nothing compared to being able to use Transmog to look like an idiot.

I don't need all the pieces to be transmoggable, but I would like enough so that you can really make it look distinct, and not just a color swap on every other Dracthyr in the world.
    I need to be able to whack people with a fish!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am under the impression that they have both "Dragonriding" as a passive, like Demon Hunter gliding, in addition to being "their own mount," like Worgen's Running Wild. I could be wrong, as the two concepts seem to be conflated.

I am under the impression that they have both "Dragonriding" as a passive, like Demon Hunter gliding, in addition to being "their own mount," like Worgen's Running Wild. I could be wrong, as the two concepts seem to be conflated.
    They definitely could. Dragonriding is basically flying 2.0, so it isnt unthinkable that they could be their own mount as well. It would likely have to work on a separate system though, as I think the Dragonriding dragons are not actually the same kind of mount as we normally have.

Would look silly to have Dracthyr using a version of running wild where they just float beatifically above the ground though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Removing any story spoilers does improve the experience for anyone. We can see all the stuff at the same time instead of having a part of the community being on the PTR while the other part isn't. PTR should be about testing systems only, not playing the full game in advance.
    I don't believe that. In my adult life, my experience has been you can't get anyone to try something new based on word of mouth; its actually spoilers that is the thing that intrigues anyone enough to actually watch or play anything. And the angst of being "spoiled" is just someone confusing the sentiment of not being able to enjoy a first-time experience twice.

And then there is the problem of how almost all new systems are introduced through the story. Maybe they can, hypothetically, introduce a whole allied race without testing it, which might work out once, but that's the sort of thing that's only going to work out some of the time. Ion literally said "we didn't publicly test the last few bosses in Sepulcher, and people really enjoyed that." What? What is he basing that statement on? The reaction to new content within the fandom wasn't noticeably different. As for the cinematic, Raid groups in which I was in experiencing it live were either making fun of how bad it was or skipping it entirely. The only difference was the point in time in which the fandom was reacting: A later point in time, which seems no different than their business model of time-gating, which is a predatory business model when it comes to a subscription based service.

I don't think anyone prefers this new version of wow where all news comes directly from Ion's uncharismatic face.