Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, why does it matter? The Horde HoF is finished, and Alliance is essentially finished as well.

The season is on the way out. Crossfaction ain't gonna change anything.
    It is changing few things, for example Cryptic hero achiev for Season 3 is changing from 0.1% in your faction to 0.1% in your region. Probably Gladiator will have similar changes.

But I don't get why it wasn't obvious already. Season 3 started March 1st, PTR for 9.2.5 started March 22nd, it's not like patch would sit on PTR for 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Treegdar View Post
    Where is the DF info? Ion said they wanted to drop talent trees pre alpha, following past on the CDN to data-mineable cycles it should be online in 2-3 weeks when we'd be able to data mine the trees anyway. They also bragged about a Dracthyr customization blog they were working on weeks ago. Instead we got another WotLK interview for some reason. Blizz plz I'm starving for new info.
    There are still plenty of time before Q4 2023 release

I like those race ideas, but Darkfallen seem way more likely than Light undead, especially since they can be both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    MM is in desperate need for someone to sit down and consider what the core spec rotation is supposed to be about, because otherwise it will just continue being aimless.
    Ironic that a spec whose core ability since Vanilla has been Aimed Shot is in aimless state design wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Yeah the idea of killing two birds with one stone makes Darkfallen kind of likely, since Blizzard likes doing that type of content these days. Only problem I see is that Darkfallen gives Horde yet another "dark/evil" undead race while also giving them access to more elves possibly (unless there is a faction restriction giving you either Night Elves or Blood Elves). For the Alliance players, meanwhile, it wouldn't do that much. Sure, it gives them an Undead-looking race. But is that what Alliance players really want? The race would have to have some really pretty customization options for it to appeal to the Alliance, I think.

But part of this is wishful thinking for me. I really want the original races to all have an Allied Race, and it makes sense doing it now.
    Have the Alliance players ever gotten what they really wanted when it came to Allied Races??? Maybe with Dark Iron Dwarves.

DI Dwarves probably come closest, but the rest have been met with a lot of frustration I think. Void Elves have started becoming good with all the new High Elf additions, but they still launched as a severe compromise to what players wanted.

Kaldorei Worgen would probably get a lot of people hyped though.
    True, I'd love a Kaldorei Worgen. Especially if it came with new druid forms.

I think it could have a unique twist in that instead of adding new forms, it just lets you use your Worgen form. Maybe something should be added to it to signify what form you are in. Come to think of it though, regular Worgen have unique Druid forms so it makes sense if this AR would too.
    What I'd love for worgen is a special mog that fills both weapon and glove slots and essentially gives them claw customization. Fury warrior or combat rogue DW their own claws and tearing zombies to pieces is the worgen fantasy imo.

DI Dwarves probably come closest, but the rest have been met with a lot of frustration I think. Void Elves have started becoming good with all the new High Elf additions, but they still launched as a severe compromise to what players wanted.

Kaldorei Worgen would probably get a lot of people hyped though.
    Kul Tiran was a good one. There was a lot of pushback on them supposedly being fat, but one the whole I think its one of the more popular ARs.

Other than that though Alliance really should have gotten the Ankoan.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post

Does anyone recognize this symbol in the middle here? I though it was Blood elf symbol, but I can't find it anywhere.

So I think this is actually part of the encrypted armor set that (accidentally?) wasn't encrypted. I'm new to datamining, but it appears within the same ID range as the encrypted armor set, and its tagged as "ArmUpper" along with the other 3 files that look like this. The encrypted armor set has tags for the rest of the armor "LegUpper" "TorsoLower" and so forth.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I think this is actually part of the encrypted armor set that (accidentally?) wasn't encrypted. I'm new to datamining, but it appears within the same ID range as the encrypted armor set, and its tagged as "ArmUpper" along with the other 3 files that look like this. The encrypted armor set has tags for the rest of the armor "LegUpper" "TorsoLower" and so forth.
    Uhhhh, I would love an Alextrasza cosplay!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Kul Tiran was a good one. There was a lot of pushback on them supposedly being fat, but one the whole I think its one of the more popular ARs.

Other than that though Alliance really should have gotten the Ankoan.
    I like how Kul'tirans look but the amount of distortion the mog gets on that belly is worse than with Pandaren. OK to use with heritage armor or with robes where the distortion does not feel as prominent. Though really my Kul Tiran is always in bear form anyway.

I feel like they will announce preorders today.

Sorry if I'm late on this.

Looks like Delaryn Summermoon is making a comeback in 9.2.5. She's one of the night elves raised by valkyr in Battle for Darkshore as a dark ranger, and then later seen in Tirisfal with Calia as she leads them to where ever.

Her texture was updated from 8.1 to 9.2.5.

8.1 Texture

9.2.5 Texture

The only difference is the red eye glow in/around the eye socket.

Edit: Kitala Starshadow - a dark ranger who is also present when Calia goes to Tirisfal- is in 9.2.5 as well.
    And while I don't have the knowledge to know why, this is a new texture instead of updating her previous one.

Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-18 at 10:33 AM.

Does anyone recognize this symbol in the middle here? I though it was Blood elf symbol, but I can't find it anywhere.
    It's unmistakable. This is the Ren'dorei symbol:

At a first glance, it might look like the Sin'dorei one. But, actually, it is the Ren'dorei one, for it is pointing downward. The Sin'dorei one points upward. This reflects how the Ren'dorei have "fallen from grace" by leaving the Light, while the Sin'dorei have embraced the Light of the Sunwell.

Re: Darkfallen/Dark Rangers... Blizzard keep saying that they add content when it makes sense to the story.

So if they were to add an allied race of undead elves at this point, how would it play into the current story post-Shadowlands?

Perhaps a group finding themselves a bit lost after Sylvanas' disappearance, now wanting to find a new purpose?
    We have a rough idea via datamining that we'll get some presence of Sylvanas (via Dori'thur being titled in a cutscene), so it's likely we'll have a cut away to whatever she's doing, which might also play into what's going on with the Forsaken, who are probably having a bit of an identity crisis at this point now that it's clear that 1: Sylvanas was evil and did genuinely abandon them and 2: She's not coming back any time soon, possibly not within the "lifespan" of most Forsaken and 3: This is probably a huge mentally damaging blow since Forsaken culture put an almost worshipful reverence on Sylvanas all the way up to point 1.

Pretty much, a Forsaken focused storyline would be a good wrapup for the BFA, less so Shadowlands, but the story on Azeroth has basically been frozen since the expansion started, so it'll be fine to give us some now that we're entering the expansion wait period.

Better than getting diddly for 8 months - a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's unmistakable. This is the Ren'dorei symbol:

At a first glance, it might look like the Sin'dorei one. But, actually, it is the Ren'dorei one, for it is pointing downward. The Sin'dorei one points upward. This reflects how the Ren'dorei have "fallen from grace" by leaving the Light, while the Sin'dorei have embraced the Light of the Sunwell.
    Ah, I can't believe I didn't notice this. Yes, it does have a lot in common. You can make out the general shape and point/gem placement.
    I do wonder about the color scheme, though.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-18 at 10:46 AM.

Ah, I can't believe I didn't notice this. Yes, it bares a lot in common. You can make out the general shape and point/gem placement.
    I do wonder about the color scheme, though.
    Honestly, I could see it being more evidence towards Darkfallen.

Take the Blood Elves' symbol, look at the faction that twisted it to signify a "fall from grace", do the same thing but keep the colors to represent that you've fallen, but you're not turning your back on your kin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I like how Kul'tirans look but the amount of distortion the mog gets on that belly is worse than with Pandaren. OK to use with heritage armor or with robes where the distortion does not feel as prominent. Though really my Kul Tiran is always in bear form anyway.
    You really notice on Kul Tirans how the gear in WoW is just drawn directly on the model. The difference in appearance when using the more bulky and loose heritage armor compared to the usual gear is astounding
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    What a lovely day to announce pre-orders

Yep, hype subs from the announcement end tonight into the 20th, assuming the content is done it'd be a real good time pragmatically to drop a pre-order with game time for CE.