Oof, this news drought since the announcement is really... bad. Like honestly, there has been almost zero news in the last four weeks which is a shame. The "Alpha soon" is still ringing in my ear (although nothing within a few weeks was expected anyway).

What I find concerning is that we haven't seen any detailed information about the new class yet. Wowhead ran an article about that 1.5 weeks ago and I was really excited just to find out all they did was put speculation in there and nothing new.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oof, this news drought since the announcement is really... bad. Like honestly, there has been almost zero news in the last four weeks which is a shame. The "Alpha soon" is still ringing in my ear (although nothing within a few weeks was expected anyway).
    Soon™: Copyright 2004-2022 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no Beta yet? Why is Evoker no available in game for pre-order? Where is pre-order? Something is wrong with Bluzzard guys, when Legion (best) was revealed we had full Demon Hunter gameplay 2 hours before we knew about expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Soon™: Copyright 2004-2022 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
    It was specifically soon, no TM, which is quite notable..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Something is wrong with Bluzzard guys, when Legion (best) was revealed we had full Demon Hunter gameplay 2 hours before we knew about expansion.
    You realise there was a demo with the Demon Hunter experience playable on the floor at Gamescom? https://www.wowhead.com/news/demon-h...atabase-249802 Heck in the speculation thread we had been talking about a demo the day before the announcement because we had a leak they had set things up there so that's more than two hours . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    lol that video was so strange and out of touch. I wasn't subscribed at the time, and when I finally came back a few weeks ago, I was expecting the water to have some significance at all, but nothing.
    It really wasn't that enraging of a comment and man the hate for ZM is way overboard. Not a rant against specifically you Wowrefugee

You realise there was a demo with the Demon Hunter experience playable on the floor at Gamescom? https://www.wowhead.com/news/demon-h...atabase-249802 Heck in the speculation thread we had been talking about a demo the day before the announcement because we had a leak they had set things up there so that's more than two hours . . .

Yeah so what? This isn't Legion and we're still in a work from home world and still in a pandemic Expansion announcement and events related to it aren't going to play out the exact same way. Just be patient.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-05-23 at 01:55 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Dude, you are messing with me or something? xD Legion reveal was on Gamescom - on August, 3 months before Blizzcon. This is 3rd time you give me articles from Blizzcon and pretend this is something released right after reveal.

It was specifically soon, no TM, which is quite notable..
    All Blizzard soons are Soon™s.

7+ Year Old Account
    All Blizzard soons are Soon™s.
    Ion said it's soon, not soonTM though. Honestly, at this point they should just make an early build available for datamining similiar to 9.2. - aswell as posting a new blog post every 3 days or so.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Ion said it's soon, not soonTM though. Honestly, at this point they should just make an early build available for datamining similiar to 9.2. - aswell as posting a new blog post every 3 days or so.
    3 days? This drought would be insufferable. I demand daily reports from each dev and current office build.

To be more serious, I expect next set of DF news when 9.2.5 launch. Clearly they hid something connected to pre-order there. So I'm looking for date reveal this Thursday, that would point to 8th June patch.

After that few weeks gap and build->Alpha, probably around early July. Alpha is usually 2 months after 10.0 build is sniffed if I remember it right.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-05-23 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They won't do that. Their goal is to make datamining as hard as possible, releasing build just for datamining goes all against that philosophy.

7+ Year Old Account
    They won't do that. Their goal is to make datamining as hard as possible, releasing build just for datamining goes all against that philosophy.
    Yet they did exactly that with 9.2. just to build up more hype. I don't think releasing stuff like the basic zone look, new models, transmog, pets and mounts would be "too spoilery".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It really wasn't that enraging of a comment and man the hate for ZM is way overboard. Not a rant against specifically you Wowrefugee
    I feel like the ZM hate is more just the hate for Shadowlands boiling over as opposed to anything specific to ZM. ZM itself is fine as a zone & tells the tale it's trying to as well as it should, even if it isn't a perfect zone. But given the absolute hatred of anything Shadowlands, I can't say I'm surprised that ZM has been taking the brunt of it.

That's honestly one of the main reasons I wouldn't try to bring in Shadowlands Allied Races if I were at Blizz...because the opinions of Shadowlands are low enough that even new Allied Races from it would be hated by many of the fans simply for being there.

15+ Year Old Account
    They also said we should be amazed about walking on water in Zereth Mortis . . .
    To be fair the implementation of the water and stuff is pretty cool compared to the rest of wow. Goes perfectly with the daily/quest to open up a portal in the magical barrier to get the jelly fish.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They should how ever start feeding us information, they need to gain goodwill and leaving the playerbase with complete radio silence is a huge red flag to many players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh did the story "allow" for the Worgen heritage quest that pretty much gave us nothing? Or for the blood elf one? At least some of them actually gave some worldbuilding or even progress racial storylines. So nah, they can do them whenever they want to. What they say is irrelevant. They also said we should be amazed about walking on water in Zereth Mortis . . .
    Nope. Direct quote from the Dev Preview: "It's actually unlike any other water we've seen before. This is actually water we can walk on.".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    They should how ever start feeding us information, they need to gain goodwill and leaving the playerbase with complete radio silence is a huge red flag to many players.
    I think you mean this forum.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Nope. Direct quote from the Dev Preview: "It's actually unlike any other water we've seen before. This is actually water we can walk on.".
    Idk about you, but when someone tells me that something is "unlike anything we have seen before" i very much take it as request to feel amazed.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Idk about you, but when someone tells me that something is "unlike anything we have seen before" i very much take it as request to feel amazed.
    Well, I did not take it that way, because he said that quickly and with monotone tone, AKA stating a minor zone feature. And because I remembered all the instances I walked on the water in 14y of playing WoW. But damn, the moment he said that I alr knew that some players will harp on it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Well, it is unlike any water we've seen in WoW before that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Most companies go months or years without giving out any new info after the initial reveal.

Nobody is expecting Dragonflight to release any time soon, so they are in no hurry to start giving out any more info than the announcement hype PR.