1. #20901
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/secrets...poilers-325754

    Has this been discussed yet?

    Pretty much confirmation that there's 5 more Zereth's out there. Got me thinking...

    The possible 10.0 collectors stuff that was datamined last week had to do with green dragons and we all know that green dragons have a connection to the Emerald Dream. We also know the ED is a dark mirror to Ardenweald. Yet, the ED is so closely tied to Azeroth, not to the entire cosmic plane of life.

    If we look at the Jailer encounter, we know that ZM and Azeroth have a special bond.

    SO what if the Emerald Dream is actually Zereth Vitae.

    Then 10.0 has us go to the Dragon Isles, with the Green Dragonflight being the major leading force to, I guess continue this cosmic charade, and further unlock the secrets of the ED/ZV after w/e happens in 9.2.

  2. #20902
    Oh yay, they introduce a 7th cosmic force because six hasn't been enough already. They're already preparing us for the masters behind the Void lords it seems, lol.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  3. #20903
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/secrets...poilers-325754

    Has this been discussed yet?

    Pretty much confirmation that there's 5 more Zereth's out there. Got me thinking...

    The possible 10.0 collectors stuff that was datamined last week had to do with green dragons and we all know that green dragons have a connection to the Emerald Dream. We also know the ED is a dark mirror to Ardenweald. Yet, the ED is so closely tied to Azeroth, not to the entire cosmic plane of life.

    If we look at the Jailer encounter, we know that ZM and Azeroth have a special bond.

    SO what if the Emerald Dream is actually Zereth Vitae.

    Then 10.0 has us go to the Dragon Isles, with the Green Dragonflight being the major leading force to, I guess continue this cosmic charade, and further unlock the secrets of the ED/ZV after w/e happens in 9.2.
    Keep in mind that expansions tend to be largely unrelated with each other. Shadowlands for example has very little to do thematically with BFA, and BFA has very little to do thematically with Legion. Also we could very much be overstating the importance of certain hints to the point where 10.0 might have nothing to do with dragons period, and we're in something we never anticipated. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that we're not going to be dealing with cosmic threats, and 10.0 is going to be a "reset" of sorts where we begin some new storylines, since Shadowlands was supposedly the closing chapter of the storylines lingering from WC3.

  4. #20904
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Keep in mind that expansions tend to be largely unrelated with each other. Shadowlands for example has very little to do thematically with BFA, and BFA has very little to do thematically with Legion. Also we could very much be overstating the importance of certain hints to the point where 10.0 might have nothing to do with dragons period, and we're in something we never anticipated. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that we're not going to be dealing with cosmic threats, and 10.0 is going to be a "reset" of sorts where we begin some new storylines, since Shadowlands was supposedly the closing chapter of the storylines lingering from WC3.
    People are anticipating a Cataclysm redux... but I think it'll be more list Mists. We just chain killed a ton of hyperpowerful enemies - it's time to put us back in our place and have us clearing out vermin from farms and the like.

  5. #20905
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/secrets...poilers-325754
    Pretty much confirmation that there's 5 more Zereth's out there. Got me thinking...

    The possible 10.0 collectors stuff that was datamined last week had to do with green dragons and we all know that green dragons have a connection to the Emerald Dream. We also know the ED is a dark mirror to Ardenweald. Yet, the ED is so closely tied to Azeroth, not to the entire cosmic plane of life.

    If we look at the Jailer encounter, we know that ZM and Azeroth have a special bond.

    SO what if the Emerald Dream is actually Zereth Vitae.
    This would be the most logical conclusion, but the only connection between Zereth Mortis & Azeroth the Jailer is talking about is that he needs a world soul to power the sepulcher, in order to rewrite reality & perchance Azeroth has one.

    That & its not clarified, but it seems like Zareth Mortis isn't actually in the Shadowlands. We take a portal to some other place, unlike the Maw or Korthia which can be traveled to without portals (the gates in Orboros are speed-boosts, not portals)

  6. #20906
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh yay, they introduce a 7th cosmic force because six hasn't been enough already. They're already preparing us for the masters behind the Void lords it seems, lol.
    Or the 7th force is the living world. By virtue of how all the other forces want it.
    The 6 cosmic forces are both in internal conflict, and also "United" against the 7th, which is pretty much how the living world works. One force against six others.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #20907
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    People are anticipating a Cataclysm redux... but I think it'll be more list Mists. We just chain killed a ton of hyperpowerful enemies - it's time to put us back in our place and have us clearing out vermin from farms and the like.
    I agree. I fully anticipate 10.0 to be a "breather" expansion like MoP was, where we explore a new land and deal with some rather domestic threats. Generally some bread and butter WoW instead of what we've been experiencing the last few years.

    Honestly, I would prefer that to an evil army of dragons descending on us and old Gods initiating the hour of twilight.

  8. #20908
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh yay, they introduce a 7th cosmic force because six hasn't been enough already. They're already preparing us for the masters behind the Void lords it seems, lol.
    We already knew there was a 7th out there. The Everliving Statuette mentioned a seventh:

    The seventh covets what the six hold fast. The fulcrum wavers. All will be undone.
    Yeah Roh-Suir does say it lies (as does the debuff) but that was always pretty clearly not the case.

    Also I remember some people here poo-pooing the idea of Zereths for the other forces, while some like myself put the idea forward.

    Well look who was right.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2022-01-27 at 04:06 PM.

  9. #20909
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,399
    Oh look, each force has a Zereth.
    Who could've possibly guessed? /s

    At least we can finally leave this topic behind us.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  10. #20910
    You know, here's a more interesting idea I am sure won't be canon—what if the seventh force isn't actually malevolent? What if it's sublation, the Hegelian reconciliation of ideas leading to ideas taking qualities of one another to survive?

  11. #20911
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh yay, they introduce a 7th cosmic force because six hasn't been enough already. They're already preparing us for the masters behind the Void lords it seems, lol.
    I think it was obvious that's where this cosmic story line was going as soon as they announced it.

    Like guaranteed you will have to unite all the cosmic forces and defeat the "true enemy" by game's finale. Probably also why this story already so boring and its barely even been told.

  12. #20912
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I didn't forget. Also, I'm pretty sure I haven't brought up Tinkers in this entire discussion.
    Titan tech is for what then if not that?

    No, but the Circle of Stars, Ulduar, and Uldir were Titan tech, and they did imprison Old Gods.
    Facilities.

    Just like that border "imprisons" the twilight/void in that logo.
    What? You're being poetic now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Let's also not forget that Blizzard can just pull Old God crap out of their butts like they did with Ghuun.
    He's not a real Old God.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I would be interested in an expansion where Titan facilities were turned on us, and we had to stop an Ultron-type adversary hellbent on exterminating all organic life on Azeroth because it views it as a threat, and corrupted by the Old Gods. Kind of like a more scary, determined, sentient, and dangerous version of Mother.
    There's already a potential mechanical threat with chromie in Mechagon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Honestly I think the TMD could represent the infinite dragon flight.
    Just one problem. They don't look like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    While sounding science fiction, it's a very real possibility.

    If Azeroth is truly damaged after the Jailer's attack, it stands to reason that the Titans would have some sort of failsafe in place to stop her from being fully corrupted. Mother's actions during BFA kind of showed just how extreme those actions could be (we're pretty much viewed as an infestation). We don't know all of the Titan facilities in Azeroth, and some could have been built specifically for the purpose of a last line of defense.
    Pretty sure the Jailer is trying to kill her, not corrupt her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That is the type of main antagonist we have never faced before.
    Because, this is not Marvel.
    You want a mechanical threat, there are already mechanical creatures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxulos View Post
    Female Dwarves have received a new beard option: Power Braids
    I'm dead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    IMO, Alexstraza should be the blueprint for a Dragon-based class.
    Weird, because you acknowledged how they only add WC3 Heroes as classes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So it’s been a week, and this is still the top leak out there.
    By who's standards?

    Also nothing else quite like this leak floating around.
    The thousand and one other leaks...

    I’m also noticing that the usual YouTube personalities aren’t really jumping on this the way they jumped on the random MMOC “leak” threads. Very interesting.
    Wonder why...

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    SO what if the Emerald Dream is actually Zereth Vitae.
    Duh...
    No tinker this time in your post?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Or the 7th force is the living world. By virtue of how all the other forces want it.
    The 6 cosmic forces are both in internal conflict, and also "United" against the 7th, which is pretty much how the living world works. One force against six others.
    What about the elements? Why do everyone keep forgetting about them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Honestly, I would prefer that to an evil army of dragons descending on us and old Gods initiating the hour of twilight.
    Which, you have been preaching for the last 10 or so pages.
    Make up your mind, will ya?

  13. #20913
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    I thought we known there being more then one zerath anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  14. #20914
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I thought we known there being more then one zerath anyways.
    Some people were pretty adamant it wasn't the case, I remember, even after we got the other names for the forces.

    It was really obvious there were but some people thought otherwise.

  15. #20915
    this info is quite old, but tldr

    yes, dragon isles
    5 zones - blue/red/green/bronze surrounding black zone in center. center has a huge tower like wyrmrest but massively bigger.
    there's one very large island off coast and a few small ones.

    leveling - players align with a draconic house immediately when they start expansion
    basically covenants but there is no/little player power, all cosmetic. no covenant abilities.
    renown, soulbinds, mission table were all in but straight copy pasted from SL. they will likely be changed and/or removed.
    there is anima type power to collect. covenants have a shared pool instead of 4 separate. 'anima' can also be spent on open world powerups.
    linear story for leveling, but there are 4 variants based on which house you choose (determines order that you go through leveling zones)
    stories converge at 68 when you enter center zone

    black dragonflight zone central tower contains the big expansion system. it's sort of like torghast but each room is a single encounter with a miniboss or group of enemies (no trash). some rooms also had a non combat event/challenge. complete a room and choose the next one from a branching tree map. you can see type of encounter + room reward (ie anima power) type before choosing. final boss at end. unsure of permanent rewards/legendaries/etc tied to this system. it was more fun than torghast in my very limited experience.

    story: wrathion trying to reunite aspects, etc. healing the land (center zone) with green dragon's help. infinite dragonflight sees him changing the timeline and interferes - they are subject of first raid. in the bronze zone because timey things.

    cross faction is in. group through group finder only. could talk in party/raid chat but not in open world or public channels. no xfaction guilds.

    no new class
    talk of adding tank specs to some pure dps classes. hunter and warlock were being worked on. doubt this will actually make it to release.

  16. #20916
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Titan tech is for what then if not that?
    Why would Titan tech be for Tinkers when Tinkers have nothing to do with Titan tech? Is that what you've been thinking this entire time? The only reason I brought up Titan tech is because it relates to Old Gods and Dragons on multiple levels. In fact, their lores are intertwined.


    Facilities.
    Full of Titan tech, and it's the tech that is imprisoning the Old Gods.

    He's not a real Old God.
    He was enough of an Old God to be a significant threat and be imprisoned by the Titans. The point is that Blizzard can completely make up and bring a new Old God into the storyline if they need to.


    Which, you have been preaching for the last 10 or so pages.
    Make up your mind, will ya?
    Just because I view EoD as the strongest leak, doesn't mean that I wouldn't prefer a MoP-style expansion.

  17. #20917
    Quote Originally Posted by therewillbedragons View Post
    this info is quite old, but tldr

    yes, dragon isles
    5 zones - blue/red/green/bronze surrounding black zone in center. center has a huge tower like wyrmrest but massively bigger.
    there's one very large island off coast and a few small ones.

    leveling - players align with a draconic house immediately when they start expansion
    basically covenants but there is no/little player power, all cosmetic. no covenant abilities.
    renown, soulbinds, mission table were all in but straight copy pasted from SL. they will likely be changed and/or removed.
    there is anima type power to collect. covenants have a shared pool instead of 4 separate. 'anima' can also be spent on open world powerups.
    linear story for leveling, but there are 4 variants based on which house you choose (determines order that you go through leveling zones)
    stories converge at 68 when you enter center zone

    black dragonflight zone central tower contains the big expansion system. it's sort of like torghast but each room is a single encounter with a miniboss or group of enemies (no trash). some rooms also had a non combat event/challenge. complete a room and choose the next one from a branching tree map. you can see type of encounter + room reward (ie anima power) type before choosing. final boss at end. unsure of permanent rewards/legendaries/etc tied to this system. it was more fun than torghast in my very limited experience.

    story: wrathion trying to reunite aspects, etc. healing the land (center zone) with green dragon's help. infinite dragonflight sees him changing the timeline and interferes - they are subject of first raid. in the bronze zone because timey things.

    cross faction is in. group through group finder only. could talk in party/raid chat but not in open world or public channels. no xfaction guilds.

    no new class
    talk of adding tank specs to some pure dps classes. hunter and warlock were being worked on. doubt this will actually make it to release.
    Shrug, sure why not.

    That "choosing the next Torghast room from the reward" thing sounds like Hades.

  18. #20918
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh yay, they introduce a 7th cosmic force because six hasn't been enough already. They're already preparing us for the masters behind the Void lords it seems, lol.
    7th Force was already alluded to in the Shadowlands Chronicle. But at this rate the 7th force is gonna be Azeroth herself, the master of all the Zereths.

  19. #20919
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,399
    Well, if they are continuing Torghast, they are absolutely gonna continue it via its Jailers gauntlet iteration rather than regular floor runs.
    It fits the game far better in terms of gameplay, and is also significantly more fun.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  20. #20920
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Titan tech is for what then if not that?

    Duh...
    No tinker this time in your post?



    No, why would I? I'm talking about a different subject in mind, papi. The fact that Tinkers will be 10.0's new class is irrelevant to my topic at hand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •