Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I'm thankful that I can easily request a day off of work on whatever day the 10.0 announcement winds up being. I enjoy hanging out in multiple channels/locations anticipating the HYPE before the official announcement. Can't wait!

Anyone else remember watching the Shadowlands Features Trailer and feeling like something was missing? I recall watching it and being like, "Huh, that's it?" I don't want that for 10.0, please!
    Yeah, same. It's the only feature announcement where I felt that way. I think that classes and races are important hype generators in those, because they are much more tangible of a feature than "ascend the tower of torghast" or "warfronts" (regardless of how bad those features ended up being).
    The shadowlands trailer flat out announced each zone separately, making it feel like they had extra nothing to present

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else remember watching the Shadowlands Features Trailer and feeling like something was missing? I recall watching it and being like, "Huh, that's it?" I don't want that for 10.0, please!
    Because it was, expansion didn't had new class or new races, it feels empty and boring

the other features were also minor with showing only torgast and covenants

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Yeah, same. It's the only feature announcement where I felt that way. I think that classes and races are important hype generators in those, because they are much more tangible of a feature than "ascend the tower of torghast" or "warfronts" (regardless of how bad those features ended up being).
    The shadowlands trailer flat out announced each zone separately, making it feel like they had extra nothing to present
    I just went back and watched the Legion and BFA features trailer and you're right! In Legion and BFA, they showed the zones but didn't name them. Naming them certainly added to the SL features trailer. I agree with you that adding new classes or races may generate more HYPE; however, even without those additions in the SL trailer I simply didn't feel much of a connection. On the flip-side, I really enjoyed the SL cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just went back and watched the Legion and BFA features trailer and you're right! In Legion and BFA, they showed the zones but didn't name them. Naming them certainly added to the SL features trailer. I agree with you that adding new classes or races may generate more HYPE; however, even without those additions in the SL trailer I simply didn't feel much of a connection. On the flip-side, I really enjoyed the SL cinematic.
    Then they should go for a new race(s) then. Theres enough classes to go around.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then they should go for a new race(s) then. Theres enough classes to go around.
    I think the opposite. We already got 10 new races in BFA, I think we need a new class. They can't rely forever on borrowed power each expansion without adding anything that last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I think the opposite. We already got 10 new races in BFA, I think we need a new class. They can't rely forever on borrowed power each expansion without adding anything that last.
    And how many classes does this game need? There's enough of them, I get that it adds hype but its not like there's no variety.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

The best expansion announcement to date imo.

And how many classes does this game need? There's enough of them, I get that it adds hype but its not like there's no variety.
    In theory, just one. Druids can cover every possible role, so all other classes are unnecessary.

The question of "how many classes does the game need" is irrelevant. It never mattered in the first place, as the game always had more classes than necessary.

The game doesn't *need* anything and variety is the spice of life.
    The only argument against new classes is "balance", but a class would affect far less the balance than the constant extra system layers added on top of layers on top of classes, so I refuse that logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch that every once in a while when i want to feel hyped. The WoD and Cata ones also got a great reaction.

I don't think any reaction has ever been bigger than "New character Models".

1+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the 10.0 one!

10+ Year Old Account
    By the time 10.0 releases, it will have been almost 6.5 years since the last class was released. Its time. Honestly, if they really wanted to generate hype they would do 3 things.

1. New Class.
    2. New races.
    3. Player Housing.

Those are the 3 biggest things they could do to generate hype.

The legion announcement cheering from the crowd is more impressive when you consider it was Gamescom and not Blizzcon that would be loaded with fans for WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

The best expansion announcement to date imo.
    from the best expansion. legion was so good i never wanted it to end.

- - - Updated - - -

I watch that every once in a while when i want to feel hyped. The WoD and Cata ones also got a great reaction.

I don't think any reaction has ever been bigger than "New character Models".
    watch the BFA intro cinematic reaction. biggest reaction of any of them.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

By the time 10.0 releases, it will have been almost 6.5 years since the last class was released. Its time. Honestly, if they really wanted to generate hype they would do 3 things.

1. New Class.
    2. New races.
    3. Player Housing.

Those are the 3 biggest things they could do to generate hype.
    Make it 18 years without a new rDPS, and 10 since the last healer.
    Also, glad to hear I'm not the only one that sometimes just randomly watches crowd reactions to reveal trailers lol

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Make it 18 years without a new rDPS, and 10 since the last healer.
    Also, glad to hear I'm not the only one that sometimes just randomly watches crowd reactions to reveal trailers lol
    Don't forget there was no new classes that could use mail armor, and there was no new class that can use bow.

This is how I imagine Undermine to really be --- or rather anything heavily Goblin/Gnome tech. Mechagon's questing zone should have been the actual dungeon areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Krockedy View Post
    Don't forget there was no new classes that could use mail armor, and there was no new class that can use bow.
    The same is true for cloth.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Krockedy View Post
    As someone with the terrible life decisions of maining both hunter and shaman at different points, I think we're ok without more mail classes lol, just fuse it with plate or leather so we can have nice things

10+ Year Old Account
    That link is broke.

Also, yes its far past time we get another ranged class. What class could be a rdps and a healer?

I suppose you could have a dragon class with ranged dps. If they did add a dragon class I will be disappointed if it doesn't have 4 specs. Although, I think every spec should potentially have abilities from every flight. Like a heal from red or bronze, and a defensive black flight ability.

Tank spec- Mostly Black and Bronze. Heals wounds rewinding time.
    Healer- Mostly red with some green and bronze.
    Ranged DPS- Mostly Blue with some bronze and green.
    Melee DPS- More like a druid form. Abilities from all flights, but takes the form of a dragon to fight.