Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect Alpha right away after reveal, but usually they had short demo on 'expac' Blizzcons. Maybe wowdev3 is preparation for exactly that, but public?

Dalaran is just a better looking Oribos. It’s too small. The Legion-Dalaran is a beautiful city, they can’t update enough to make it a good city for a third time. I mean a flying city is a cool thing but come on, a little bit more creativity, please?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It's entirely possible if real (which it isn't) that it's a tease to illustrate some world updating by showing Dalaran returned to Hillsbrad rather than it being a definite capital.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's entirely possible if real (which it isn't) that it's a tease to illustrate some world updating by showing Dalaran returned to Hillsbrad.
    Possible but as people pointed out, the tree level is all wrong for that. It looks like it's floating off the ground, not back in the ground.

Truth is it's probably just a bad photoshop job.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's entirely possible if real (which it isn't) that it's a tease to illustrate some world updating by showing Dalaran returned to Hillsbrad rather than it being a definite capital.
    This sounds at least plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Dalaran is just a better looking Oribos. It’s too small. The Legion-Dalaran is a beautiful city, they can’t update enough to make it a good city for a third time. I mean a flying city is a cool thing but come on, a little bit more creativity, please?
    Small size is not really a problem. I saw plenty of Hordies complaining in BfA how much running they had in Dazar'alor when compared to neatly packed Boralus Harbor.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Small size is not really a problem. I saw plenty of Hordies complaining in BfA how much running they had in Dazar'alor when compared to neatly packed Boralus Harbor.
    Dazaralor is a beautiful city, but without flying it’s just a pain due to all the stairs and different places. In Boralus most stuff was on the same level. Both cities have been excellent, in my opinion. One was just very difficult to traverse without flying.

Loved having that massive scale for a Horde city, but yea it was kind of nuts it was so vertically offset that we needed Flight Paths within the city.

Probably could have included a bit less at the docks or had a cool Zip-Line-Vine to zoom down lol (I know there was the Paku lifts at least.)

Meanwhile I did like Boralus, just felt it was almost a tad cramped/overly detailed for it's size? Makes sense as wooden human work, but I do miss the literal 'larger than life' feeling some of the larger architecture in places like Darnassus have.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Okay so if it's Dalaran again, why?

That would mean the Kirin'tor are involved and so far they only get involved when Azeroth is being invaded. So who the fuck is invading the Dragon Isles?
    The Jailer 2: Electric Boogaloo

7+ Year Old Account
    They don't really need any place to introduce it. Especially if it only happens in instanced zones.
    I'm quite sure it will only happen in instanced zones for 9.2.5. - but I'm fully expecting open world and guild support once 10.0 launches.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't mistake cities with hubs. Suramar, centre Revendreth, Boralus, Dazal'Alor are all great cities, Dalaran/Oribos are mediocre compared to them. But hub carved in Dazal'Alor is awful, one in Boralus mediocre and Dalaran/Oribos great (Dalaran slightly better because flying).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Dalaran is the only good city from an expansion. There's a reason it's been used twice and shockingly in the two most beloved expansions to date.

The idea that Blizzard wouldn't bring it back in a hail mary expansion is silly.
    Dalaran wasn’t necessary the reason why it was good though. Also legion wasn’t that good either.

MoP was far better in terms of quality. That one just had a duplicate temple.

Anyways 3rd time Dalaran would mean they become even more lazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Vantage point seems off. Like its still floating just above Hillsbrad instead.

This is better idea of what Dalaran would look like from surface level.

Whoah where is this pic from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I'm quite sure it will only happen in instanced zones for 9.2.5. - but I'm fully expecting open world and guild support once 10.0 launches.
    Well ye, that's what they said. 9.2.5 cross faction is in Raids, M+ and PvP instances only.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-02-15 at 08:08 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    It's from a private server, best to not engage before someone gets in trouble.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-02-15 at 08:52 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Okay so if it's Dalaran again, why?

That would mean the Kirin'tor are involved and so far they only get involved when Azeroth is being invaded. So who the fuck is invading the Dragon Isles?
    Because it can fly.
    Got history already

7+ Year Old Account
    Well ye, that's what they said. 9.2.5 cross faction is in Raids. M+ and PvP instances only.
    No, they implied we wouldn't need a neutral hub because crossfaction will stay in instanced content only.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Uhhh...uhhhh...wait wait lemme make a fun lil explanation rq...

Archimonde's Holographic Antoran Strategy Plan#234542: Damning Humanity's Mockery of Magic and flame, Dalaran's Annihilation. Located 84.21 miles West of Kin'garoth''s Fel Workshop and Factory!

But fr tho, he likely got it from Deviant art. I just wanted to make a fun lil WC3 reference, worry LOL

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's a from a private server, best to not engage before someone gets in trouble.
    Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with that. Private Servers shouldn't be allowed to exist imo.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Loved having that massive scale for a Horde city, but yea it was kind of nuts it was so vertically offset that we needed Flight Paths within the city.

Probably could have included a bit less at the docks or had a cool Zip-Line-Vine to zoom down lol (I know there was the Paku lifts at least.)

Meanwhile I did like Boralus, just felt it was almost a tad cramped/overly detailed for it's size? Makes sense as wooden human work, but I do miss the literal 'larger than life' feeling some of the larger architecture in places like Darnassus have.
    Boralus and Dazar'alor is in my opinion one of the best examples of the WoW audience wawnting different things for different equally valid reasons.

Some loved Boralus because it was tightly packed and was easily accessible, some hated how this meant most of the actual Boralus was just window dressing instead of something more immersive.
    Some loved Dazar'alor for feeling like a vast city with a clear distinction between the palace and the more rugged docks, some hated how this meant they needed to constantly move between the two instead of just being able to log on and easily get to everywhere you wanted.

Sadly there isnt really a solution to this other than picking a side and sticking to it, alienating one side almost completely, so we will probably just keep getting compromises.
    The world revamp dream will never die!