1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Yeah the scourge are going buckwild right now. For instance in the Kyrian story you find out that redridge has been mostly wiped out already.
    I never put two and two together when I was doing the Kyrian campaign. I figured that had happened in the past during Arthas' reign. However, I guess it makes sense that it occurred in our timeline since we traveled back to Redridge with the Kyrian and found out about Oribos, the Maw, and the souls all in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Considering the connection between Northrend and the Shadowlands, I could totally see us leaving and coming back to a revamped Northrend. Additionally, it is the oldest continent on Azeroth in terms of exploring in-game (since Outland is not on Azeroth although it would be technically older). Aren't the scourge supposed to be running rampant anyway since the helm was destroyed?

Regardless, I hope 10.0 is something that makes me not only excited but also want to watch and rewatch the cinematic/features trailer over and over again until it launches.
    Outland even technically has a "revamp" already with WoD. It didn't further the plot there, but it was very deliberately giving us something similar to Outland to satiate those who miss it.
    Northrend has only been visited once in dedicated levelling. I would be very happy with a revamp there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

1+ Year Old Account
    Yep it was real time. As in while we did the leveling campaign in SL the Scourge attacking Redridge happened and then as we get to the Kyrian campaign then we go bring the soul back.
    That's interesting. That whole "scourge running rampant" concept would feel really bad if Blizzard completely ignores it for 10.0 when we return to Azeroth.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's interesting. That whole "scourge running rampant" concept would feel really bad if Blizzard completely ignores it for 10.0 when we return to Azeroth.
    It certainly feels like a convenient excuse to reset the status quo and get rid of NPCs they didn't want to have to deal with if we ever went back to some of those zones.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

1+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a huge piece of lore that needs to be addressed. It's also just about the only piece of actually current lore for what's happening on Azeroth right now. All the other times we've gone back like for instance to take the mement from Alexstraza for Ysera in the NF campaign it's just going to see her and then right back.

It's a huge breadcrumb and I'll be shocked if it isn't meant to be the lead in for the next expansion or at least a major aspect of it.
    Super excited for 9.2! One more week!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Where is this pic from? No sign of this on social media.

What's next was always about next patch or expansion
    I saw the pic on discord, but it seems like it's from an archived 4chan thread: https://arch.b4k.co/vg/thread/372235740

Plenty of logic holes in both the leak and image (like other people said, height doesn't match if it's supposed to look like it's in Hillsbrad). Full world revamp just feels extremely unlikely. Also, why show a Shadowlands logo if it's announcing the next expansion?

Why is that image even getting attention? We saw thousands of fakes before using private server terrain, putting a different background to Dalaran is incredibly easy, unless I am missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    I saw the pic on discord, but it seems like it's from an archived 4chan thread: https://arch.b4k.co/vg/thread/372235740

Plenty of logic holes in both the leak and image (like other people said, height doesn't match if it's supposed to look like it's in Hillsbrad). Full world revamp just feels extremely unlikely. Also, why show a Shadowlands logo if it's announcing the next expansion?
    This also matches some of the theories that have been thrown around this thread for months now, almost to a letter, so either we're really good at guessing and ruined most of the surprises, or not.

Question for the World Revamp crowd: Do you want a full world revamp? Partial world revamp (targeted)? Or a mixture (similar to Cataclysm) where we get new zones AND some older ones revamped?
    I'd prefer partial... in the sense of - I'd like them to take their time and do it right, a few zones at a time. Ideally I hope they would scale certain zones to be even bigger than before (or combine zones where it makes sense). Regardless, I hope they learned their lesson in Cataclysm and make the zones more 'evergreen' (rather than all focused on one story, like Deathwing), self-contained stories, and relevant at max level.

It's a huge breadcrumb and I'll be shocked if it isn't meant to be the lead in for the next expansion or at least a major aspect of it.
    I don't know. If Legion didn't lead into an Argus expansion and Battle for Azeroth didn't lead into a Ny'alotha expansion, it would be weird for Shadowlands to lead into an expansion just to mop up the Scourge. The implications in that questline were apocalyptic, but I expect we'll hear that the Jailer's defeat ends the invasion and we won't really see any effects from it going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    I'd prefer partial... in the sense of - I'd like them to take their time and do it right, a few zones at a time. Ideally I hope they would scale certain zones to be even bigger than before (or combine zones where it makes sense). Regardless, I hope they learned their lesson in Cataclysm and make the zones more 'evergreen' (rather than all focused on one story, like Deathwing), self-contained stories, and relevant at max level.
    My concern with a "few zones at a time" revamp is that we'll end up in a Heritage Armor situation. We'll start at a fine pace, then we'll stop getting revamps altogether without warning with only vague promises of continuing them in the future. In the meantime, we'll be left with certain areas begging for a revamp being left alone, and it'll probably hit some races or factions harder than others and lead to lots of completely understandable drama.

I definitely understand where you're coming from though. Part of my Kalimdor Revamp idea came from the perspective of narrowing the scope to make the work easier without less quality. Also, I've mentioned before that my ideal, 'in a perfect world' revamp would include completely redesigning some of the zones, like you said with re-scaling some of them. I want a Hyjal that's a proper mountain with the surrounding zones being properly on the sides of the range rather than having a nearly sheer cliff.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-02-15 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Why is that image even getting attention? We saw thousands of fakes before using private server terrain, putting a different background to Dalaran is incredibly easy, unless I am missing something?
    It's been a slow couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This also matches some of the theories that have been thrown around this thread for months now, almost to a letter, so either we're really good at guessing and ruined most of the surprises, or not.
    Either that, or it's written by someone who's been following the thread. Do you know if any of the datamined Jailer fight stuff supports the possibility of a time jump like the one mentioned in the leak? Seems like a quick way to debunk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Either that, or it's written by someone who's been following the thread. Do you know if any of the datamined Jailer fight stuff supports the possibility of a time jump like the one mentioned in the leak? Seems like a quick way to debunk it.
    You could interpret the LivingWorld animations names being applied to some sort of rift/planet to show that effect, but impossible to say considering they're good at hiding things.

I'm not sure how much stock I put in a time skip. I don't think this is the first time they've made a comment teasing that we may return to a different Azeroth than we left. I swear it was said around Warlords of Draenor, and I feel like it might have been said somewhere else too for some reason or another.

That said, I don't mind this leak. Since it's mostly talking about how various zones will have changed before our arrival it leaves a lot to the imagination and isn't focused on features, or a lack thereof.

I definitely don't see anything beyond a few years. Decades enough to rust a giant sword into nothing? No way. Shadowlands didn't bring in only a couple of extra characters like Taelia to save them from dying off screen, it did so because they had a connection to characters or events in Shadowlands. There's no way they'd kill off anyone who didn't come with us.

I could still see something like this being true and just poorly worded or poorly informed though, like the sword rusts away because the bronze dragons, not because the sheer amount of time that passes. It's not a good sign for it, though. Still, it's fun to talk about.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-02-16 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was always safe to say that with a dumb ass name like Galakaros.
    I kinda liked it =/

The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    >Alexstrasza’s forces are attacking and burning Horde sites on Kalimdor.
    >Kalecgos can’t be reasoned with and attacks Icecrown upon our return.
    like, what

no, seriously, why, it makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think it's safe to say Galakaros leak is fake now.
    Why? Did something happen?

Time skip seems simple enough: without her "champions", Azeroth has been overrun by the Scourge and other threats. Wrathion and the dragons gave up on us returning, so they established a new "empire" to protect the planet, with each flight overseeing certain continents.

When we return, we're viewed like that employee who took 6 months off work for child leave and now comes back to their position that others have been handling in the interim -- or, think of 1/2 of people suddenly returning after the Thanos snap. Instant internal conflict, bad blood, etc, but must unite against blah blah
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    Time skip seems simple enough: without her "champions", Azeroth has been overrun by the Scourge and other threats. Wrathion and the dragons gave up on us returning, so they established a new "empire" to protect the planet, with each flight overseeing certain continents.

When we return, we're viewed like that employee who took 6 months off work for child leave and now comes back to their position that others have been handling in the interim -- or, think of 1/2 of people suddenly returning after the Thanos snap. Instant internal conflict, bad blood, etc, but must unite against blah blah
    Empire of Dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    while Dragon Isles would be neat, I am more in team world revamp (including Northrend, which they can just redo since WotLK classic should be out and about soon) with a sprinkle of hope for Dragon Isles being added with said revamp.
    Honestly, since the original Dragon Isles was planned to just be a zone or raid off the northern coast of the Eastern Kingdoms, that could still end up being true. I could easily see an Eastern Kingdoms revamp that finally brings Quel'thalas onto the main continent server and then adds a new zone off the coast to make up for the inaccessible "Northeron" area.

While taking bits of obscure lore and expanding them into whole continents or expansions is something Blizzard has done a lot of, it's not something they need to do.