The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In before Dragon Isles will be 10.1 or 10.2 content in Korthia/Zereth Mortis/Argus/Tanaan style.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why? Did something happen?
    They said the plan was to announce it the 18th. Doubt they're going to be like "bee tee dubz, new expac show in 2 days." Hence "the plan," but it still rings out as bullshit.

Empire of Dragons?

Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

1+ Year Old Account
    The closer we get to 9.2, the closer we get to 10.0 news (hopefully).

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Did something happen?
    There is supposed to be a big reveal on the 18th. They would have announced that by now.

One pattern that's always more or less true is that at the end of each expansion there's a catalyst event that moves the story from one point to another.

At the end of MoP, Garrosh is trialled which leads to his escape and to WoD. At the end of WoD, Archimonde pushes Gul'dan into the main universe and into Legion. At the end of Legion, Sargeras stabs Azeroth with his sword, causing BFA. Sylvanas betraying the Horde at the end of BFA pushes the story into Shadowlands.

I think the big hint is in the name of the raid itself. The Sepulcher of the First Ones. A Sepulcher is a tomb, a burial chamber, which implies they are all dead. That sort of explains the automata, would make sense for a god race that decided to commit mass suicide to make sure reality doesn't fall apart in their absence.

Azeroth is pretty obviously a First One. Jailer calls Azeroth the First Ones biggest secret. First One portals react to Azerothians. And with the Origination devices there's a direct connection between the First Ones and Azeroth. So obviously the big reveal at the end of Shadowlands will be that Azeroth is the last remaining First One, the implications of which are that every Cosmic Force is going to want to claim it for themselves. So a Cosmic War scenario seems pretty likely in my opinion.

It would be chaotic as all hell but it would be fun for players to choose which cosmic force they want to align with. Could be the next iteration of Covenants.

Xal'atath could be involved in the Void play, the Void player campaign could be working to wake up Yogg and C'thun.
    Turalyon, the Army of the Light, the Naaru and Yrels forces beat the Light into everyone they meet.
    Denathrius could come back and keep the Nathrezim infilration operation going and players could scheme their way through the war.
    Elune could finally show up repping Life, maybe command of all of the Dragons, and all the Wild Gods. Big home field advantage.
    The Titan Pantheon could come back to protect their investment, they have a big head start on manipulating Azeroths world-soul compared to everyone else.
    With the Pantheon coming back they could say that Illidan ate Sargeras' heart and became the ultimate God of Fel, and now believes Azeroth is too dangerous to let live (and let players agree with his argument and join him).

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    There is supposed to be a big reveal on the 18th. They would have announced that by now.
    Didn't that leak say that the patch will be launched on March 1 instead of February 22? I mean that already debunked it as fake.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Didn't that leak say that the patch will be launched on March 1 instead of February 22? I mean that already debunked it as fake.
    It did not

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Question for the World Revamp crowd: Do you want a full world revamp? Partial world revamp (targeted)? Or a mixture (similar to Cataclysm) where we get new zones AND some older ones revamped?
    As much as possible. At least the entire EK + kalimdor (including the 5 cata zones). Everything else is bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If they make the announcement of the announcement then it could still be it.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    It did not
    Yeah, I confused that with another leak that was also about Galakron / Dragon Isles. Nevertheless, the mentioned leak of Ashes of Galakros has been pretty much debunked now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Yeah, I confused that with another leak that was also about Galakron / Dragon Isles. Nevertheless, the mentioned leak of Ashes of Galakros has been pretty much debunked now.
    Damn, how dare you mix up these few dragon isles leaks! /s

I agree that with the amount of similar leaks, it is hard to keep them all apart. I feel like i've seen at least 50 at this point.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

How come it's debunked? As far as I know we are waiting for 18th.

- - - Updated - - -

Question for the World Revamp crowd: Do you want a full world revamp? Partial world revamp (targeted)? Or a mixture (similar to Cataclysm) where we get new zones AND some older ones revamped?

People might say that we should get a partial revamp because they know it's very unlikely to get all zones updated (properly, not half-assed job like in Cata) at once. But if you're asking what we WANT then we want everything. No logical reason to want any less

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Want to take a poll here:
    [B]
    Would you like playable Furbolgs if we're in for something Elune/Dream/Druid/Life centric expansion theme wise?
    An Emerald Dream expansion would likely introduce playable faeries (which would be different to the Ardenweald one).

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    I saw the pic on discord, but it seems like it's from an archived 4chan thread: https://arch.b4k.co/vg/thread/372235740

Plenty of logic holes in both the leak and image (like other people said, height doesn't match if it's supposed to look like it's in Hillsbrad). Full world revamp just feels extremely unlikely. Also, why show a Shadowlands logo if it's announcing the next expansion?
    Kaldrassil the originality just drips from the name...
    Wrathion absent from a Dragon-focused expansion? Yea, right...
    The Dragon Isles won't feature? Aha... seems very reasonable for such a Dragon-heavy themed expansion...

7+ Year Old Account
    >Azeroth heals but is eventually bombarded by additional attacks from the Jailer. This cycle repeats for several decades as the dragon aspects struggle with their task and grow increasingly contemptuous towards mortals.

>Nozdormu is extremely fatigued and on the brink of madness.
    >Alexstrasza’s forces are attacking and burning Horde sites on Kalimdor.
    >Kalecgos can’t be reasoned with and attacks Icecrown upon our return.

>Our absence has given the dragons time to think, and they have grown convinced that mortals are as much a danger to Azeroth as anything else. The dragon aspects aren’t straight-up evil, but they hold us in very low regard.
    This is it people.

We found the one.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    This is it people.

We found the one.
    Oh no - not another expansion where I don't want to raid the final boss ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Oh no - not another expansion where I don't want to raid the final boss ...
    Oh, I'd raid her alright...

Also, Alexstrasza is misspelled, that might debunk it, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2022-02-16 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... I'd wait until Thursday to call it a wrap on AoG. I will agree that it's not looking good though. If AoG falls, only one remains;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'll just say that Blizzard not making a dragon class based off of characters like Alexstraza, Chromie, Wrathion, and Kalecgos would be one of the biggest missed opportunities ever. People would go crazy over a class like that.

1+ Year Old Account
    Eh... I'd wait until Thursday to call it a wrap on AoG. I will agree that it's not looking good though. If AoG falls, only one remains;

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just say that Blizzard not making a dragon class based off of characters like Alexstraza, Chromie, Wrathion, and Kalecgos would be one of the biggest missed opportunities ever. People would go crazy over a class like that.
    Even so, I think announcing an announcement one day before (if Friday is the hypothetical day) would be a HUGE fail on Blizzard's part. I never believed the February 18th date as mentioned in the AoG "leaks"; however, if it were true, we should have already had a pre-announcement to HYPE/prepare people for the full announcement this Friday. While they could, in theory, announce something today (2 day heads up), even then it would be a FAIL IMO. The 10.0 announcement should be HYPED up in advance by several days, weeks even. Lastly, I still believe at this point (since we are so close to 9.2 release), 10.0 should wait to be announced until, at the minimum, week of the Jailer fight.
    Last edited by Catastrophy349; 2022-02-16 at 11:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Also, Alexstrasza is misspelled, that might debunk it, but I'm not sure.
    Nono, it's prolly a copyright issue similiar to Grom/Grommash :P

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Even so, I think announcing an announcement one day before (if Friday is the hypothetical day) would be a HUGE fail on Blizzard's part.
    If something is so delayed that you don't know whether your announcement will be ready on your internal date until the literal day beforehand I feel like the marketing team would just instantly go "ok shove the announcement up by two weeks". There's no way.