1. #24501
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I think it all depends on how Blizzard wants to do the announcement. Possible scenarios in my head (there are many):

    1). Announcement of an announcement before 9.2 launches (so today or tomorrow) for a future date after 9.2 goes live
    2). Announcement of an announcement after 9.2 goes live for a future date after the jailer fight goes live
    3). Announcement of an announcement during the week of the jailer fight going live for a future date (hopefully March).

    Honestly, I’ve always thought that the 10.0 news would come AFTER the jailer fight/cinematic goes live. My opinion has changed many times over the last few weeks; however, now that 9.2 is just 5 days away, I feel confident in this scenario.

    Truthfully, as long as we get news before the end of March I’m happy. Hopefully, we get news ASAP though because Im starting to talk to myself more often than normal (am I going crazy?). LOL
    Same reasoning here, and as long as we get something in March I'll be satisfied! And I strongly believe we will.

  2. #24502
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,239
    See no reason for to reveal next expansion before final Sepulcher's cinematics. Pretty sure it would be late February to early March when we will get the announcement.

  3. #24503
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I think we'll get an announcement of the reveal presentation after 9.2 is live, so next Thursday or Friday, and and actual reveal after the last cinematic of the raid is revealed. Anytime sooner than that would be great but I don't think it will happen (those are just my two cents on the topic though)
    Imo we won't see any date until the week after patch launch, or the week after that (following the Jailer defeat).

    If we get anything today or tomorrow, its probably gonna be OW2 stuff.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  4. #24504
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    See no reason for to reveal next expansion before final Sepulcher's cinematics. Pretty sure it would be late February to early March when we will get the announcement.
    Yeah, feel like doing it after (mythic) raid is out or raid is cleared would be the best way to coast off some of the mythic race and new patch in general hype.

  5. #24505
    The reveal is gonna happen once the entire playerbase can see the story (i.e. release of LFR Jailer).

    It's either that week, or the week after that.

  6. #24506
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    This is a valid argument and I agree with you on the Demon Soul callback. But again, it clashes with the context the mount was released : in the middle of an expansion with a complete mechanic theme for a zone. The mechanical part of the mount makes more sense than the draconic on the moment the steamscale releases and that's what I'm pointing.
    Incorrect. The mount was released in 8.3.7. That was the final patch of BFA, and 6 months after Visions of N'zoth patch, and over year after 8.2. Mechagon was long over by that point.


    Because the mechanical dragon's trinket has been a strong part in the engineer vanilla identity as it was something unique ? Because having a pet instead of a trinket is a better way to celebrate its effect since it's a summon ? Because the model was already made in 9.0 ? What made sense when they added a corgi pet ? Or the yellow sunglasses from Cataclysm ? Or some random cloak with a generic skin ?
    If the trinket was such a strong part of the Engineer's identity, why haven't we seen one in over ten years? And once again, trinkets and engineering is not mentioned at all regarding the TMD.

    As for the corgi, it was part of a long-running gag in the official forums, and Blizzard made it into a pet.

    Again, the new model for the mechanical dragon was added after the steamscale which easily explains the inspiration. It wasn't encrypted, meaning it was never meant to be a store pet unlike the steamscale incinerator so yes, this model might have just been here to replace the low poly vanilla model for future content to follow what they've started back in Legion, which is to slowly remake all creatures into an higher quality version.
    Again, there has not been a mechanical dragon trinket since Cataclysm. Also, if you're planning on reintroducing Mechanical dragon trinkets, why weren't they reintroduced in Shadowlands? Of course, Blizzard could reintroduce mechanical dragon trinkets for engineering in a dragon expansion, and that would also show that the TMD was a hint.

    You're missing my point. I'm not saying the Steamscale was made for the dragon bundle. I'm saying that the amount of dragon in the store explain why this mechanical being was a dragon. Because dragons are cool in fantasy and dragons are easily sold.
    Uh look again. The only thing remotely resembling a true dragon in that bundle was the Steamscale Incinerator. There are hardly any dragons in the mount store.

    As for Vexiona, it is a completely different matter. I won't lie to you if I said that the voidwing was also added as a mount because Vexiona's model was gorgeous and we all know that's what Blizzard consider first. But here, you're right. It's in game, it has a solid in-game lore unlike the store mount. Vexiona's lore is here to set up a major storyline for a return of the twilight flight with maybe a new name since they're now totally voidtouched drakes.

    You could of course argue that Vexiona is more a voidthemed being than a dragon themed. But dragons have a deep connection with void while they have few to none connection with technology / tinkering / engineering outside of the mechanical dragon trinkets.
    And that is a prime example of a double standard.


    What will you say if there's no tinker or no mech-based race on the very likely dragon island expansion ? Will they still be clues hinting toward a dragon island expansion to you ? And also, were you thinking this might hint to a dragon island expansion before you had more infos about a possible dragon expansion (the main info being the datamined collector mount name) ?
    Yes, because BFA was hinting at a few major themes; Technology (mechagon, Tinker teams in Island Expeditions, Gazlowe becoming leader of the Goblins, Mekkatorque becoming king of the Gnomes, return to Kezan) Void (N'zoth, Azshara, Vexonia, Voidwings), and Dragons (Wrathion, Dragon Isles, Vexonia, Voidwings). After BFA we got Exile's Reach in Shadowlands, which once again hinted at Tinkers and Dragons.

    In my view, the Steamscale Incinerator is a combination of the technology and draconic themes found in BFA, and the uncorrputed Voidwing is a combination of the void and draconic themes also found in BFA. Both were mounts, both were released in a similar time frame.

  7. #24507
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The reveal is gonna happen once the entire playerbase can see the story (i.e. release of LFR Jailer).

    It's either that week, or the week after that.
    Doubt it since last LFR wing is due for April 19th
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  8. #24508
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah they really should take a note from Hearthstone and go all in with a nostalgia expansion with HD graphics including remakes of old sets and re-creating all the old classic and TBC mounts in HD (similiar to the Kodos and Amani Bears).
    Yeah, going all-in with rehashed content is exactly the thing Blizzard needs to do after the two back-to-back all time favorite expansions BFA and SL.

    unclench your jaw

  9. #24509
    Looking for the real leak like


  10. #24510
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Doubt it since last LFR wing is due for April 19th
    I still have no idea why y'all so dead set that they will announce the next expansion in the next ~ 4 weeks. It can happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it's definitely the case.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  11. #24511
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I still have no idea why y'all so dead set that they will announce the next expansion in the next ~ 4 weeks. It can happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it's definitely the case.
    I could see them wanting to wait for the finale to be available, but if they don't, it could be months.

  12. #24512
    They won't wait for the announcement til LFR is completely open...people will know in advance what happens through the campaign. The longest I can see them waiting is til the last chapter of the campaign.

  13. #24513
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I still have no idea why y'all so dead set that they will announce the next expansion in the next ~ 4 weeks. It can happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it's definitely the case.
    I'm just going based of the info that they probably originally planned to announce it during Blizzconline which was supposed to take place in this timeframe, and with the next patch being so close what from it it makes sense to wait to release before the expansion, which are:
    1. Raid finale cinematic
    2. Final chapter opening
    3. Race for world first ends (not to clash their announcement with the event)

    I don't see a world where they would benefit from LFR waiting IF an announcement was supposed to be in this timeframe originally, just wait for the story and community events to finish.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  14. #24514
    Speculation -
    If 10.0 doesn’t have a graphically updated Kalimdor and eastern kingdoms with player housing in main zones it’s gonna be a FLOP

  15. #24515
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticmisty View Post
    Speculation -
    If 10.0 doesn’t have a graphically updated Kalimdor and eastern kingdoms with player housing in main zones it’s gonna be a FLOP
    Then prepare for a "flop".

  16. #24516
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, because BFA was hinting at a few major themes; Technology (mechagon, Tinker teams in Island Expeditions, Gazlowe becoming leader of the Goblins, Mekkatorque becoming king of the Gnomes, return to Kezan) Void (N'zoth, Azshara, Vexonia, Voidwings), and Dragons (Wrathion, Dragon Isles, Vexonia, Voidwings). After BFA we got Exile's Reach in Shadowlands, which once again hinted at Tinkers and Dragons.
    You do realise that BFA also pushed Dark Rangers extremely hard aswell, don't be ignorant to that.

  17. #24517
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Then prepare for a "flop".
    Prepare to be unflopped sir.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  18. #24518
    Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    Looking for the real leak like

    *snip*
    This made the thread haha, thanks!

  19. #24519
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Lmao no it wont. Just like every other expansion it'll sell out the wazoo and nerds will still find ways to do mental gymnastics to explain how it's actually a sign the game is dead that the expansion sells 4 million copies on/by release day.
    I meant considered a flop by the players not by capitalistic metrics. Cata, wod, bfa and sl made bank but are still considered flop eras

  20. #24520
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    You do realise that BFA also pushed Dark Rangers extremely hard aswell, don't be ignorant to that.
    I wouldn’t consider Sylvanas slaughtering a bunch of Nightelves and rezzing them as undead Hunters to be “pushing DRs very hard”.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •