10+ Year Old Account
    It has been a hard week. We can see it by the amount of pointless discussions spreading through the pages.

Hopefully we get news soon.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was reading the dungeon journal and damn the jailer is crushing azeroth pretty hard are we sure she will still be alive after that ?
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    i was reading the dungeon journal and damn the jailer is crushing azeroth preatty hard are we sure she will still be alive after that ?
    Because her Death would mean:

And accomplishing that is his goal.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-02-19 at 12:28 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

Mawsworn guard but bigger

For all the shit the Jailer gets, and most of it is rightfully so, he does look menacing with his armor.

But then I realize we've been fighting NPC's that look exactly like this for 2 patches now... so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Time is an aspect of arcane magic, and mages have access to a few temporal abilities because of it. However they do not have an entire spec dedicated to the concept. It’s no different than Destruction Locks and Fire Mages. By virtue of demon magic, Destruction has Fire spells. That doesn’t prevent Mages from having an entire spec dedicated to Fire.
    Oh, so suddenly overlapping themes is not an issue.

There’s nothing weird about it; People in general prefer attractive looking objects across the board. There are certainly those out there that wouldn’t mind playing a hideous female monster for the LoLs, but that would be few and far in-between.
    For the lols? Are you completely disregarding the Horde faction?

We’re also getting a bit too far in the weeds here; The fundamental question is this; Is a playable dragon concept better served as a race or a class? I lean towards class, because within that class, you can have the race.
    The problem is you don't have a dragon class outside of the RPG sources, and they already had a concept for a playable dragon race.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Do you really think that Ysera and Alexstrasza are popular because they are mighty dragons, and not because they look like this in their Humanoid forms?
    First, i don't think they are popular at all. I would consider Deathwing to be a badass Dragon.
    secondly, those model graphics are horrible.
    Thirdly, it is the Dragon form that attracts people, not the casual-looking elf form:

Why are you even talking of "videogame fetish" is beyond me, the character is purposefully created to be sexy, that's why they dressed her in bikini armour. If anything, the one with a fetish would be the one who likes ugly female ogres.

I can assure you that most people prefer the "Humanoid" side of Dragons as opposed to their, you know, Dragon side. A lot of people even felt that Deathwing's humanoid form was underused.
    If you're looking to play attractive video game characters, there's nothing much i can say about it...

People play fantasy games for those monstrous mythological creatures. It has nothing to do with sexes, actually. They don't play it for the sexiness of it (except for those Moonguard server weirdos). There are other games for that.

I would even go so far as to say that if Blizzard implemented a dragon class based on Wrathion, Alexstraza, Chromie, and co. It would very likely become the most popular class in the game, and unlike DKs and DHs, probably stay in that spot permanently.
    That is a wild assumption. But, i could definitely see the initial hype. Even i tingle a little bit when i think of playable dragon aspects. The problem is that it has no foundation in WC3 Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Let‘s be real here, neither is going to happen. It’s nice fanfic, but we’re not getting a dragon race nor a dragon class either.
    Actually, Blizzard had a concept for a playable Draconic race.

Eh.... there's a possibility. Blizzard are the ones who designed HotS Alexstraza, Chromie, and Deathwing, and made them a healer, RDPS, and tank respectively. If you need a dragon class for a dragon expansion, it's a pretty obvious decision to make.
    Assuming they need a dragon class for a dragon expansion.

Check out some Wrathion fan art. It becomes pretty obvious why he's popular. Especially when he returned in his more adult form.
    Players are drooling over him?

I would say Deathwing's human form was popular because it was badass, and he looked like a medieval Darth Vader;
    His Dragon form was much more popular.

Criminally underused concept. Highly disappointed that they didn't incorporate his human form in HotS.
    Considering the awful human models back then, he couldn't look that epic to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    In fact I would argue that many people would tell you they wish Deathwing used his Humanoid form more. A big complaint about DW is that he was just a "big dumb lava dragon", so as a villain he might have felt more unique if he switched between the two forms.
    Big dumb lava dragon? Are you for real? He's the most badass looking dragon in any fantasy setting. Just look at that:

You're doing a disservice to Warcraft Dragons. A major unique trait of Warcraft Dragons is that they are not just giant beasts, like Smaug or Daenerys' children. Warcraft Dragons can be subtle, cunning, manipulative, they can walk with mortals without raising suspicions. Remember how Onyxia and Deathwing pretty much manipulated the entire Alliance while using human disguises? Acting and looking like mortals is a major trait of Warcraft Dragons.
    I'd say it's their downside. Instead of being this big, badass, ferocious beasts, they are reduced to these anime-like looking characters.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-02-19 at 12:35 PM.

It's what will happen to Azeroth is interesting about 9.2, not Jailer, he's just a tool. I will be mega dissapointed if last fight is usual "we stop villain, status quo is unchanged" (with exception of Legion of course). Few years ago I expected 10.0 to be Light vs Void expansion where in finale Azeroth will be awakened, now I wonder if it will happen now, especially with that LivingWorld hint.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i said it before, but going over the Jailer encounter entry i'm even more convinced the next expansion will be Life themed with a focus on an effort to rejuvenate Azeroth (...again) with Dragons taking the lead.

Azeroth gets brutallized in the raid, we're going to have to fix her.
    Which makes the Sepulcher essentially 'Antorus 2 - Spiritual Abortion'
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-02-19 at 12:48 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonborn View Post
    World of Warcraft: The Wayward Children
    Largely inspired by classic dungeon fantasy; Big focus on the different peoples of Azeroth and the exploration of their cultures and traditions
    Countdown to Azeroth's awakening: Five Aspects, Four prisons, Three forges, Two moons, One key
    Return to Azeroth - Level through the expansion with six different campaigns in Kalimdor and The Eastern Kingdoms, each spanning multiple zones
    Companions - Characters that you meet in the campaigns, each with unique stories to explore. They can act as overworld bodyguards, do remote missions, or party members in Forays
    New Class: Tinker - Rocketeer(Ranged DPS), Medic(Healer), Pilot(Tank). Starts at Level 1 similar to Monks. Has an optional questline establishing your Class Order, with rewards from the Class Order campaigns from Legion, like Artifacts and Class Mounts
    Forays - Completing a dungeon unlocks an after-state version that you can play through by yourself, with other players, or with Companions. Forays contain treasure such as Legacy equipment and trade goods, Companion items, Anthropology research fragments, etc.
    Class Origins - Return to the Order Halls to study the different forms and origins of your class and unlock new appearances for spells

or something like that
    That's a really neat idea. Like once you've cleared out a dungeon you can unlock a mode where instead of being filled with elites the dungeon is like an exploration and treasure zone? I have never thought of this and actually love the idea.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Because her Death would mean:
    [IMG]

And accomplishing that is his goal.
    Actually, that's just an intermediate step in his plan. She's little more than a power source for his purposes.

Has there been any speculation (or did I miss an explanation?) as to why the Jailer still has what seems to obviously be a gaping wound in his chest? The hole was there in his previous form because of his stolen sigil. In his "restored" form, however, it seems odd that he would have such a wound-like hole, since the armor would have existed prior to him being stripped of it and imprisoned in The Maw.
    MOGS > LOGS

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    Has there been any speculation (or did I miss an explanation?) as to why the Jailer still has what seems to obviously be a gaping wound in his chest? The hole was there in his previous form because of his stolen sigil. In his "restored" form, however, it seems odd that he would have such a wound-like hole, since the armor would have existed prior to him being stripped of it and imprisoned in The Maw.
    I think the hole is there because they ripped out his sigil through the armor.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    Has there been any speculation (or did I miss an explanation?) as to why the Jailer still has what seems to obviously be a gaping wound in his chest?
    Presumably when the Eternal Ones removed his essence/sigil that made him the Arbiter, as when he took it back from the Arbiter it zoomed in on it entering his chest... its rightful place.

You would think that magic would also fix the hole in his armor, but guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Oh, so suddenly overlapping themes is not an issue.
    Where's the overlapping theme? Warlocks use Demonic Magic, Mages use Fire/Arcane/Frost magic. That's not an overlapping theme. What's overlapping is the nature of demonic magic with ONE of the Mage's magic schools. The same applies to Mages and a potential Bronze Dragon spec. By nature, Arcane magic possesses some temporal aspects, but that isn't enough to push out a spec that COMPLETELY revolves around temporal magic. Especially one based around the sands of time.

For the lols? Are you completely disregarding the Horde faction?
    Honestly, I'm willing to bet that outside of Blood Elf and Nightborne females, people playing Orc, Troll, Undead, Tauren, and Goblin females is VERY low. Far lower than people playing Alliance race female characters.

The problem is you don't have a dragon class outside of the RPG sources, and they already had a concept for a playable dragon race.
    Yeah you do. Like I said, the Warcraft version of dragons is more of a class than a race. They have the ability to turn into humaniods, and they have multiple versions of themselves that do different things. Again, if we were just talking about a giant lizard with wings that breathes fire, then we would clearly not have the grounds for a class. However, that isn't what we have here. What we have is a druid-like concept where the character turns into dragons instead of beasts.

Blizzard themselves even lean into that idea. Below is completely their own concept;

Are we going to seriously argue that Blizzard isn't considering this idea when they're paying professional artists to produce this artwork for them?

7+ Year Old Account
    On a less serious note, i wish Blizzard could fuck off with toy cooldowns.

I just got the fairy wing toy, the effect looks fantastic but it only has a 3 minute duration with an annoying 5 minute cooldown.
    Why the need for those 2 minutes of having to wait to reapply it?

Its not like the effect is something super flashy and loud either where it really needs to be dumbed down, the wing effect is rather feint and its mostly just see-through.
    Other toys that influence your character appearance far more have tend to last significantly longer.

Hell, the Blazing Wings from the DMF last a whole 15 minutes despite being a lot more flashy and visible.
    My own damn weapon enchant is more flashy and distracting than the wings, despite being permanent:

This is so damn stupid.

Formerly known as Arafal

Where's the overlapping theme?
    Time magic.

Warlocks use Demonic Magic, Mages use Fire/Arcane/Frost magic. That's not an overlapping theme. What's overlapping is the nature of demonic magic with ONE of the Mage's magic schools. The same applies to Mages and a potential Bronze Dragon spec. By nature, Arcane magic possesses some temporal aspects, but that isn't enough to push out a spec that COMPLETELY revolves around temporal magic. Especially one based around the sands of time.
    Oh, really? But when it comes to other class concepts, suddenly the issue of overlapping themes is unbearable?

Honestly, I'm willing to bet that outside of Blood Elf and Nightborne females, people playing Orc, Troll, Undead, Tauren, and Goblin females is VERY low. Far lower than people playing Alliance race female characters.
    I don't know and i don't care. But, they obviously don't play those races for their beauty standards.

Yeah you do. Like I said, the Warcraft version of dragons is more of a class than a race. They have the ability to turn into humaniods, and they have multiple versions of themselves that do different things. Again, if we were just talking about a giant lizard with wings that breathes fire, then we would clearly not have the grounds for a class. However, that isn't what we have here. What we have is a druid-like concept where the character turns into dragons instead of beasts.
    That is not an official class. That is what you consider worthy of a class. Blizzards follows established lore, not fan fiction.

Blizzard themselves even lean into that idea. Below is completely their own concept;

Are we going to seriously argue that Blizzard isn't considering this idea when they're paying professional artists to produce this artwork for them?
    Huh? Wrathion has always been able to tranform into a Dragon. What were you trying to prove with those pictures?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Time magic.
    Time magic is not the theme of the Arcane spec;

Arcane: Manipulates raw Arcane magic, destroying enemies with overwhelming power.

Oh, really? But when it comes to other class concepts, suddenly the issue of overlapping themes is unbearable?
    Again, a spec based on the Bronze Dragonflight would not overlap with Arcane mages.

I don't know and i don't care. But, they obviously don't play those races for their beauty standards.
    Not the point. The point is that the vast majority of players prefer to play pretty races. Now, does that mean that Blizzard should only produce races with supermodels? Probably not. However, if the option for the same race is pretty or ugly, I can't imagine Blizzard choosing the ugly, less popular option.

That is not an official class. That is what you consider worthy of a class. Blizzards follows established lore, not fan fiction.
    It's the established lore that allows dragons to become a playable class.

Huh? Wrathion has always been able to tranform into a Dragon. What were you trying to prove with those pictures?
    That you have draconic characters in WoW that are similar to the Druid class, and Blizzard is well aware of it.

That you have draconic characters in WoW that are similar to the Druid class, and Blizzard is well aware of it.
    What does that have to do with the Druid class? You have an extremely narrow and simplistic understanding of things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time magic is not the theme of the Arcane spec;

Arcane: Manipulates raw Arcane magic, destroying enemies with overwhelming power.
    Hilariously wrong you are. Time Warp, and Alter Time are from Arcane school. The Arcane spec description you quoted used to have "time and space" in it like 2 expansion before when they introduced (and later remove) Alter Time. Each day you keep this mental gymnastic and bullshit peddling, because you desperately want to be right. But you are not.

Literally first sentence from the Wiki:

Arcane magic (also called arcane energy,[2] or arcana)[3] is a cold and intellectual[4] magic that warps time, space, and controls the flow of mana,[5] which is just a measure of a fundamental power—if mana were water, then arcane would be steam pressure
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-02-19 at 02:52 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I had no idea deathwing was a Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    On a less serious note, i wish Blizzard could fuck off with toy cooldowns.

I just got the fairy wing toy, the effect looks fantastic but it only has a 3 minute duration with an annoying 5 minute cooldown.
    Why the need for those 2 minutes of having to wait to reapply it?

Its not like the effect is something super flashy and loud either where it really needs to be dumbed down, the wing effect is rather feint and its mostly just see-through.
    Other toys that influence your character appearance far more have tend to last significantly longer.

Hell, the Blazing Wings from the DMF last a whole 15 minutes despite being a lot more flashy and visible.
    My own damn weapon enchant is more flashy and distracting than the wings, despite being permanent:

This is so damn stupid.
    Yeah, cool downs on cosmetics are stupid.
    If they are disruptive in PvP they could just deactivate them there but there no good reason to restrict them like that in a PvE setting