1. #25161
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Nope. Dragonmaw Orcs has bluish-grey skin with glowing eyes, and are corrupted by fel magic as well



    I dunno dude, they look identitcal.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  2. #25162
    Gotta admit, the stuff Jake Lefkowitz did for 9.2 is some of the best this game had since Legion.


  3. #25163
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post



    I dunno dude, they look identitcal.
    They are as playable as High Elves are on the Alliance. Whether this is a positive or a negative take lies entirely in your own mindset.

  4. #25164
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,001
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Others.
    .... What?

    Chromie isn't a healer in HotS.
    So?
    Chromie, in the game World of Warcraft during the expansion pack Warlords of Draenor acted as a healer during one of the legendary ring quests.
    Therefore yes, Chronomancy can be used and has been show to be able to heal others.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  5. #25165
    Brewmaster Jekyll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post



    I dunno dude, they look identitcal.
    Nope. Different lighting causes identical colouration. The top one is a Blackrock Orc and is Dark Grey. The bottom one is a Dragonmaw Orcs and is Bluish Gray.

    This is the colour of Dragonmaw Orcs under neutral lighting conditions.


  6. #25166
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
    Posts
    5,537
    The eye glow between Dragonmaw orcs and Mag'har orcs seems to be different enough to have a distinction. Mag'har orcs eyes include a yellow-ish/orange-ish coloration to them (that look like they are glowing)... Dragonmaw orc eyes have a distinct yellow glow emitting from them. One could mistake a Dragonmaw orc for being "lightforged"...


    Also, I think Dragonmaw orcs used to have dragon tattoos on them as a part of their culture and their models used to reflect that.

  7. #25167
    Brewmaster Jekyll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The eye glow between Dragonmaw orcs and Mag'har orcs seems to be different enough to have a distinction. Mag'har orcs eyes include a yellow-ish/orange-ish coloration to them (that look like they are glowing)... Dragonmaw orc eyes have a distinct yellow glow emitting from them. One could mistake a Dragonmaw orc for being "lightforged"...


    Also, I think Dragonmaw orcs used to have dragon tattoos on them as a part of their culture and their models used to reflect that.

    IIRC, We can't customize our Orcs into Shattered hand skins as well. Dragonmaw, Shattered Hands, Laughing Skulls, Bleeding Hollows and Black Rock all have different grey hues (Laughing Skulls and Bleeding Hollows are almost the same, save some can be brown with paints and some with piercings but grey), but they're very different side by side.

  8. #25168
    If we get another Cata-like revamp with thousands of new quests I will literally just kneel to Blizzard. That's all I've ever wanted for years.

  9. #25169
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Except there’s never been a time where players would be that big in content for several raids/dungeons.
    Guardian Druid were bears were pretty darn big;



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Their addition pattern.
    Which aligns just fine with a Dragonborne class inclusion.

    Their names are identical.
    Her Dragon's Breath is, literally, a sand version of Flamestrike.

    Dragon's Breath
    65 Mana Cooldown: 14 seconds
    Launch 3 blasts into the air that land every 0.75 seconds toward the targeted direction, dealing 215 damage each.


    Flamestrike
    2.5% of base mana 40 yd range
    4 sec cast
    Requires Mage (Fire)
    Requires level 17
    Calls down a pillar of fire, burning all enemies within the area for (54.756% of Spell power) Fire damage and reducing their movement speed by 20% for 8 sec.




    Just a matter of recoloration.
    Uh no. Chromie's ability in WoW wouldn't do fire damage (because it's sand, not fire), and it launches three shots into the air, whereas Flamestrike hits once. Flamestrike slows, and Dragon's Breath does not.

    Again, not remotely the same ability. You might as well say Frostbolt and Shadowbolt are the same ability....

  10. #25170
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Guardian Druid were bears were pretty darn big;



    - - - Updated - - -



    Which aligns just fine with a Dragonborne class inclusion.



    Uh no. Chromie's ability in WoW wouldn't do fire damage (because it's sand, not fire), and it launches three shots into the air, whereas Flamestrike hits once. Flamestrike slows, and Dragon's Breath does not.

    Again, not remotely the same ability. You might as well say Frostbolt and Shadowbolt are the same ability....
    Yes, because that’s a guardian Druid using a growth potion.
    And that model, even with the growth potion, isn’t nearly as long as a dragon would be.

    And is something that’s very rare. Different than something an entire class would have/be actively using.

  11. #25171
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,001
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Mag'har orcs eyes include a yellow-ish/orange-ish coloration to them (that look like they are glowing)
    That's just how Blizzard depicts glowing eyes nowadays.
    Night elf eyes are also just very brightly colored balls.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  12. #25172
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Yes, because that’s a guardian Druid using a growth potion.
    And that model, even with the growth potion, isn’t nearly as long as a dragon would be.

    And is something that’s very rare. Different than something an entire class would have/be actively using.
    Tanks usually don't stand in the middle of the camp, either. And while it is big, it's footprint actually isn't. You can still see reasonably well what's going on below it.

  13. #25173
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Yes, because that’s a guardian Druid using a growth potion.

    And that model, even with the growth potion, isn’t nearly as long as a dragon would be.
    Okay, then make player dragons about the size of Devilsaurs (Hunter pet).


  14. #25174
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Okay, then make player dragons about the size of Devilsaurs (Hunter pet).

    Hunter pets don't take damage if they're hit by mechanics they're too big to avoid

  15. #25175
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    If we get another Cata-like revamp with thousands of new quests I will literally just kneel to Blizzard. That's all I've ever wanted for years.
    I would do WAY more than kneel

  16. #25176
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Hunter pets don't take damage if they're hit by mechanics they're too big to avoid
    Okay? That obviously wouldn't apply to a player character, especially since a dragon under the direct control of the player would have more direct control over their own character than a pet.

  17. #25177
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Okay? That obviously wouldn't apply to a player character, especially since a dragon under the direct control of the player would have more direct control over their own character than a pet.
    Player dragon takes damage from the mechanics they're too big/long to avoid

  18. #25178
    Oh my god, are you still arguing over whether actual literal dragons would be a good race/class? Just stop.

  19. #25179
    Merely a Setback Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Player dragon takes damage from the mechanics they're too big/long to avoid
    The class should have plenty of utility and mobility options to avoid that from being a significant issue. Also if we’re going by the HotS model of the class concept, only the tank spec stays in dragon form for any significant length of time.

  20. #25180
    they could easily make 2 dragon races by using the worgen and the tauren skeleton
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •