1. #25961
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Are you saying that Helya has the same popularity as Illidan? Sure, in 10 years time, when they make another Death themed expansion, she might come back as a leveling dungeon boss.
    No she isn't, but the idea that she can't come back despite the fact she is alive and there likely will be more death expansions seems obviously wrong.

  2. #25962
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    No she isn't, but the idea that she can't come back despite the fact she is alive and there likely will be more death expansions seems obviously wrong.
    Literally every single character in the game can come back. This is such a stupid argument. They could create some convoluted reason to bring Garrosh back.

    Yeah, she can come back. But she wont come back. Because no one would get hyped or cared if she came back. It's not a case of bringing back Vash'j or Kaelthas. It's Helya.

  3. #25963
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Literally every single character in the game can come back. This is such a stupid argument. They could create some convoluted reason to bring Garrosh back.

    Yeah, she can come back. But she wont come back. Because no one would get hyped or cared if she came back. It's not a case of bringing back Vash'j or Kaelthas. It's Helya.
    She literally already has, my guy. They brought back that "no one cares or is hyped" character from actual death once already, and then didn't kill her a second time.

  4. #25964
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yeah, she can come back. But she wont come back. Because no one would get hyped or cared if she came back.
    Why is that relevant?

    Why can't she come back to fullfil a secondary/minor role?
    You know, like in the very expansion we are currently playing?


    Formerly known as Arafal

  5. #25965
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Literally every single character in the game can come back. This is such a stupid argument. They could create some convoluted reason to bring Garrosh back.
    Does Yrel's right hand man Exarch Hellscream count?

  6. #25966
    Is there actually some proof that stuff got cut instead just assuming? Like with WoD where we got tons of stuff datamined and concept art?

  7. #25967
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They are absolutely gonna bring her back, that's the whole point of banishing her back to Helheim isntead of just making us cut her into pieces.
    We didnt even fight her.. she just had a cameo with Odyn. Many though more was goijg to happen down the line as the story of helya and Odyn is still only partly told. Odyn is still the hero altho the story said something else.

    She was like you said pushed back.. in no shape or form did we cut of her head or have some kind of closure with her. She felt random at best.. almost as some stuff got cut.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Does Yrel's right hand man Exarch Hellscream count?
    Was it sure he was even killed?

  8. #25968
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    That pace was really amazing
    Spliting raid and story patches was really smart. Question is, did they really abandon this model or delayed 8.1 and 9.1 forced them to release all at once (because 2-3 months post launch we need new content, but not really new raid, after that we need new tier all well).

  9. #25969
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    You have no idea wtf you’re talking about
    Now post that without crying.

  10. #25970
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Spliting raid and story patches was really smart. Question is, did they really abandon this model or delayed 8.1 and 9.1 forced them to release all at once (because 2-3 months post launch we need new content, but not really new raid, after that we need new tier all well).
    I think they just stopped doing it since it required keeping a tight grip over exactly when content would release, and this would fall apart as soon as something didn't release like they hoped to.

    But yeah, they should have kept trying to refine it. It made each major patch less impactful by itself, but it did massively improve feeling like you had something to look forward to.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  11. #25971
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    She's *essentially* dead. We are done with Death-related content. No one cares about Helya. This was her expansion to shine. They are not gonna bring her back.
    Shine my ass. She was completely wasted in SL. One brief appearance during opening quests and second during Korthia campaign. But I'm not complaining really, we had enough of her.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  12. #25972
    Have we ever had 1.30 second cinematic? I just don't understand how they are going
    - destroy the kingsmourne
    - complete the fate of Arthas
    - show Anduin's suffering
    - show Anduin's fight against Jaina and friends

    and all this must be done in 1 minute 30 seconds

  13. #25973
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Drust were seemingly set up as a much larger threat with a bunch of plots about them completely dropped. It seemed like there was gonna be an Emerald Nightmare style raid about them.
    I imagine the Drust will just be used as an evergreen threat for future expansions; similar to the likes of the Gnolls, Murlocs, Quillboar etc but in the higher tiers like the Scourge, Demons, Naga, Qiraji, Scarlets, etc.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see Devourers cross over somehow.

    This way for a potential future world revamp expansion, we can have zones peppered with: Drust, Scourge, Demons, Naga, Qiraji, Scarlets, Bloodsail, Venture Co, Botani and maybe Devourers as our ''higher up'' enemies - and the likes of Saberon, Gnolls, Quilboar, Murlocs, Kobolds, Troggs etc as our usual standard lower level enemies.

    Maybe throw in some hostile Light scouting parties sent by Yrel to plant some seeds of their future appearance.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2022-02-23 at 01:11 PM.

  14. #25974
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I imagine the Drust will just be used as an evergreen threat for future expansions; similar to the likes of the Gnolls, Murlocs, Quillboar etc but in the higher tiers like the Scourge, Demons, Naga, Qiraji, Scarlets, etc.
    They need some tangible reason to constantly pop up, because compared to other races they got kicked out of our dimension. I don't think we will see much of them.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  15. #25975
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I imagine the Drust will just be used as an evergreen threat for future expansions; similar to the likes of the Gnolls, Murlocs, Quillboar etc but in the higher tiers like the Scourge, Demons, Naga, Qiraji, Scarlets, etc.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see Devourers cross over somehow.

    This way for a potential future world revamp expansion, we can have zones peppered with: Drust, Scourge, Demons, Naga, Qiraji, Scarlets, Bloodsail, Venture Co, Botani and maybe Devourers as our ''higher up'' enemies - and the likes of Saberon, Gnolls, Quilboar, Murlocs, Kobolds, Troggs etc as our usual standard lower level enemies.

    Maybe throw in some hostile Light scouting parties sent by Yrel to plant some seeds of their future appearance.
    Yeah same goes for the Devourers - that said both their origin place and Thros could be easy mid patches for MoP/BfA style expansions.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  16. #25976
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Drust were seemingly set up as a much larger threat with a bunch of plots about them completely dropped. It seemed like there was gonna be an Emerald Nightmare style raid about them.
    The Drust are very overrated in my opinion. People just make more out of them as there really is (at this point).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  17. #25977
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They need some tangible reason to constantly pop up, because compared to other races they got kicked out of our dimension. I don't think we will see much of them.
    The same way they showed up in Drustvar - magic. That's all the explanation thats needed.

    ''Somehow Palpatine returned.''

  18. #25978
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The Drust are very overrated in my opinion. People just make more out of them as there really is (at this point).
    They are just seafaring druidic Vrykul, but they were cool, and people wanted more than just a dungeon boss, I'm glad we got something in SL, still not satisfying though.

  19. #25979
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The Drust are very overrated in my opinion. People just make more out of them as there really is (at this point).
    I'm confused, what do you mean when you say people make them out as more than they actually are? I don't think anyone has presented them as a true expansion box cover threat. They are easily a raid worthy threat, though.

  20. #25980
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I'm confused, what do you mean when you say people make them out as more than they actually are? I don't think anyone has presented them as a true expansion box cover threat. They are easily a raid worthy threat, though.
    Exactly that. What makes them "raid worthy"? I guess each and every threat can be made raid worthy, so that's not telling much. Could we go to Thros? Sure. But I just find them very lacking overall. Sethrak in BfA definitely could have gotten a raid, the same can be said about basically every (minor) threat we faced in the last years.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    They are just seafaring druidic Vrykul, but they were cool, and people wanted more than just a dungeon boss, I'm glad we got something in SL, still not satisfying though.
    That I don't disagree with.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •