1. #26041
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    "Any 10.0 news today, you think?" will continue until actual 10.0 news comes out.
    You’re right. I’m sure tomorrow we’ll read announcement today?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  2. #26042
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Respond to what? I know that. It’s still a lame excuse after two years. There’s nothing more to say.

    Yes, games have been delayed. Yes, companies have been affected. Most of the adapted, others didn’t. Blizzard obviously didn’t.
    Nice, becasue you kept saying for months that COVID excuse is simply not valid anymore, that it does not affect them.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  3. #26043
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I still don't understand why they removed the currencies we used in Wrath and Cata.
    Primarily because it was making people spam dungeons & they wanted people to raid more. Honestly its high time we bring bad-luck-insurance systems back.

  4. #26044
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Eh I didn’t like him saying the borrowed power systems were deep and transformed gameplay because azerite did not do that

    They still can’t admit fault so I’m fairly certain 10.0 will have a terrible system that won’t be changed until midway
    Covenants we’re good, pretty good to be fair. They worked really well.

    Azerite was crap.

    Artifact weapons were the best of the three.

    So I wouldn’t say all of the systems were not good or well-received. The biggest problem was always what happens after and that was mentioned as well. The phase where you lose all your unlocked power and until you get the new one fully unlocked feels incredibly bad and that’s what they need to work on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Nice, becasue you kept saying for months that COVID excuse is simply not valid anymore, that it does not affect them.
    Yeah, because it isn’t after two years. It‘s a strawman argument and a lame excuse to blame COVID for all of your problems. Nothing more needs to be said in this case. We’re not talking about retail or production or whatever, we’re talking about a digital business and a digital product.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  5. #26045
    The Lightbringer Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Covenants we’re good, pretty good to be fair. They worked really well.

    Azerite was crap.

    Artifact weapons were the best of the three.

    So I wouldn’t say all of the systems were not good or well-received. The biggest problem was always what happens after and that was mentioned as well. The phase where you lose all your unlocked power and until you get the new one fully unlocked feels incredibly bad and that’s what they need to work on.
    My only issue with the artifact weapons was the AP grind at the start of the xpac.
    Near the end when it was easier/they just increased Artifact Knowledge automatically it was great.

    That and yeah as you said losing the artifacts wasn't great especially when followed up by Azerite Gear. (Had we started out with essences it MIGHT have been better though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

  6. #26046
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    On youtube there is a 40 minute video with nazjatar and the first few tunes are almost 1:1 to the westworld intro. It also makes sense since both ZM and westworld involve printing "people"
    The 3D printing point makes so much sense!

  7. #26047
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, because it isn’t after two years. It‘s a strawman argument and a lame excuse to blame COVID for all of your problems. Nothing more needs to be said in this case. We’re not talking about retail or production or whatever, we’re talking about a digital business and a digital product.
    Damn, gotta tell Sony that they should be affected by pandemic and not delay GoW: Ragnarok to 2022.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  8. #26048
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Damn, gotta tell Sony that they should be affected by pandemic and not delay GoW: Ragnarok to 2022.
    My goodness, are you Aeluron 2.0? I give up, yes, hooo booo COVID is the only reason why Blizzard was performing so pathetically in the last two years.

    Back to topic now, please.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    My only issue with the artifact weapons was the AP grind at the start of the xpac.
    Near the end when it was easier/they just increased Artifact Knowledge automatically it was great.

    That and yeah as you said losing the artifacts wasn't great especially when followed up by Azerite Gear. (Had we started out with essences it MIGHT have been better though.)
    I agree. Essences made Azerite A LOT more tolerable. It was still a clear step down from artifacts. Let’s see what’s in for us with the next expansion…
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  9. #26049
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    My goodness, are you Aeluron 2.0? I give up, yes, hooo booo COVID is the only reason why Blizzard was performing so pathetically in the last two years.

    Back to topic now, please.
    No, no one is saying it's the only reason. The main reason. But you kept denying it due to some weird bias against Blizz.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  10. #26050
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, because it isn’t after two years. It‘s a strawman argument and a lame excuse to blame COVID for all of your problems. Nothing more needs to be said in this case. We’re not talking about retail or production or whatever, we’re talking about a digital business and a digital product.
    You know logistics isn't just a merchandise thing, right? Besides the emotional balance of a major pandemic, we don't know how many Blizzard developers got sick during this time. I feel like I'm at a very reasonable middle-ground between the "Covid isn't a problem if you're working from home" people and the "We can expect 10.0 to come out December 2024" people.

    Covid hurt production. It's continuing to hurt production. But WFH is something that can be adjusted to. I say "can be" because how successful an individual development team is going to be at it is a case-by-case basis. It's hard to tell if Blizzard is really good at it or really bad at it. We'll eventually have a good indication if they're good or bad at WFH based on if 10.0 is good or bad.

    I still think the 9th expansion is coming out this year because, clearly, that big pre-order cash-in is more important than actually releasing a finished expansion.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-02-23 at 06:44 PM.

  11. #26051
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You know logistics isn't just a merchandise thing, right? Besides the emotional balance of a major pandemic, we don't know how many Blizzard developers got sick during this time. I feel like I'm at a very reasonable middle-ground between the "Covid isn't a problem if you're working from home" people and the "We can expect 10.0 to come out December 2024" people.

    Covid hurt production. It's continuing to hurt production. But WFH is something that can be adjusted to. I say "can be" because how successful an individual development team is going to be at it is a case-by-case basis. It's hard to tell if Blizzard is really good at it or really bad at it. We'll eventually have a good indication if they're good or bad at WFH based on if 10.0 is good or bad.

    I still think the 9th expansion is coming out this year because, clearly, that big pre-order cash-in is more important than actually releasing a finished expansion.
    They’ve clearly proven on Shadowlands that they’re bad at it. Pretty bad, if we’re fair. But: we don’t know if it was deliberate to make 10.0 amazing or simply be sure they are a poorly run business (at least the WoW team). That - as you’ve said - can be judged by the quality and scope of 10.0, which we can’t say yet.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  12. #26052
    Quote Originally Posted by Landrisser View Post
    Now post that without crying.
    You don't know what you're talking about, friend! That better?

  13. #26053
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They’ve clearly proven on Shadowlands that they’re bad at it.
    Yeah, all big developers were bad at it: before Covid corporate culture unilaterally banned WFH except in extreme cases, for rather anti-worker reasons. Suddenly everyone had to get good at it, developers and management, with almost no previous experience. That's why I was said small developers were better at WFH; WFH was far more normalized in indie development.

    It's been two years. Clearly the rates at which different developers are going to make WFH work is going to vary.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Shine my ass. She was completely wasted in SL. One brief appearance during opening quests and second during Korthia campaign. But I'm not complaining really, we had enough of her.
    "So we have this Goddess who was taken advantage of & abused by this big himbo god with a lot of clout in the universe. Does anyone have any ideas about how to develop her character?"

    Chilton: Bitch

    Afrasiasbi: Bitch

    Ion: mega-bitch, forever

    "Okay, now let's talk about how to develop Helya"
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-02-23 at 07:24 PM.

  14. #26054
    If 10.0 comes out on time and will be decent in amount of content that would mean the only thing 'lost' was a single major patch aka 4-5 month of development. Now compare it with a full year other companies delayed their games for. Who is bad at handling COVID in that case?

    Now if 10 is delayed for longer then half a year then we can blame Blizzard for not adjusting as well as other game companies.

    It's a simple math.

  15. #26055
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamoth View Post
    If 10.0 comes out on time and will be decent in amount of content that would mean the only thing 'lost' was a single major patch aka 4-5 month of development. Now compare it with a full year other companies delayed their games for. Who is bad at handling COVID in that case?
    Yes, but of the major content patches we did get the lore is underdeveloped. Way too much ambiguity toward the very complicated lore of the Shadowlands, is the result of very barebones development. If they had more time we'd get more lore opportunities to clarify their statements through quests, items, etc. If you compare Torghast to Island Expeditions, Torghast was released unfinished & was never finished even after all this time, effectively abandoned. They got the powers of a roguelike, but its severely lacking in random events where Island Expeditions was the opposite. A boss-rush mode being the best iteration of the system is the best example of this.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-02-23 at 09:27 PM.

  16. #26056
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Primarily because it was making people spam dungeons & they wanted people to raid more. Honestly its high time we bring bad-luck-insurance systems back.
    Heck even beyond that, we're well past the point where "Raid or Die" was WoW's driving philosophy.

    Now that we have systems like Mythic it's high time to bring back those currencies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  17. #26057
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I hope they make a stuffed Pocopoc. I want it so bad.
    This is one of those things I thought I wouldn't pay attention to and just do Cyphers for the mount crafting, but over these past 12 hours I really did create a bond with the little fellow

    - - - Updated - - -

    The Broker tmog sets from outdoor content are IMO the best non Raid/PvP sets they had in a while, love them on all armor types and colors. Also the fact that they don't look like the raid theme, and are way cooler than we got in Korthia. (Im not counting covenant/Legion class hall sets into this since since they were a different thing that what these fill)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  18. #26058
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Based on my initial exploration, ZM is actually a great zone. It would work better as a sort of mysterious Uldum+ on a strange and mysterious continent, and remembering that it is supposed to (basically) be the cradle of creation feels a bit silly. There's sand, weeds and crap. But anywhoo. It gives off some Diablo 2 Act 2 vibes which is great.

    If only Blizzard'd remember for future expansions that endgame zones, or dangerous zones in general, don't need to look grey and depressing.
    Honestly, the Garden area to the south of ZM is one of my favorite areas of WoW in the recent years
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  19. #26059
    9.2 looks dead on arrival. Not even the usual streamers who are all over new patch content care enough to switch over from Lost Ark.

    Blizzard fucked up badly with SL.

  20. #26060
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    9.2 looks dead on arrival. Not even the usual streamers who are all over new patch content care enough to switch over from Lost Ark.

    Blizzard fucked up badly with SL.
    I have to say, I was hyped for 9.2 today (EU). I logged in shortly after patch release, played for 5 hours to finish all the available quests for this week and then logged out because I had nothing more to do other then farm rares and treasures. I expected...more for casual players tbh. The Timegating is getting really annoying. Having to wait 18 hours for level 2 of the cypher doesnt make it better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •