Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm pretty sure a casual player wouldn't have had 5 hours to play all the quests.
    You are correct I logged in to check it out I work 12 hour shifts jad 30 mins to spare and did 1 chain of the covenant quest before logging off, theres still plenty for me to do when I next log on.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    This is a massive misconception of what a "casual" player actually is. Most casual players have plenty more than 5 hours to play the game - their issue lies in not being able to access the game due to real life most days. Once "casuals" get some time off from real life, most of them tend to get as many hours into the game as possible, definitely usually more than 5.
    Er, no. Most "casuals" don't have a lot of consecutive free time, not necessarily a lack of total time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Sometimes I read the comments and think people just wanna play Stardew Valley mmo.
    Not if the sweaty raiders have a say about it.

Er, no. Most "casuals" don't have a lot of consecutive free time, not necessarily a lack of total time.
    I think the key distinction is that casuals lack guaranteed free time. I refuse to schedule myself for raiding or Mythics if I cannot guarantee that time to those I'd be playing with. It's not fair to them. And once the family started to grow, my priorities shifted, and I could no longer guarantee that time. I'm never going to be the guy on Ventrilo shouting at his wife to get their child to shut up because daddy needs to slay a virtual dragon. Nor am I going to be the guy that disappears a few minutes into every instance I enter. As such... I became a "casual." Even if I have loads of free time, I cannot guarantee it to those I'm playing with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. I didn't know you lost your characters' names when you were inactive for a long time. Can't even check at which ilvl I left my main(s)

Just checked that by the end of next month, it'll be a year since I last played WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know you lost your characters' names when you were inactive for a long time. Can't even check at which ilvl I left my main(s)

Just checked that by the end of next month, it'll be a year since I last played WoW.
    Might mean someone petitioned to take your name and due to inactivity blizz freed it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Might mean someone petitioned to take your name and due to inactivity blizz freed it up.
    Well I checked wowprogress and it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Well I checked wowprogress and it's still there.
    Armory (and to that extent WoWprogress) only updates once you logout.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I think the key distinction is that casuals lack guaranteed free time. I refuse to schedule myself for raiding or Mythics if I cannot guarantee that time to those I'd be playing with. It's not fair to them. And once the family started to grow, my priorities shifted, and I could no longer guarantee that time. I'm never going to be the guy on Ventrilo shouting at his wife to get their child to shut up because daddy needs to slay a virtual dragon. Nor am I going to be the guy that disappears a few minutes into every instance I enter. As such... I became a "casual." Even if I have loads of free time, I cannot guarantee it to those I'm playing with.
    Well, think about it. Say you have 8 hours of sleep and 8 hours of work. Of the remaining 8 hours, how many will you need for travel, taking care of necessities, family and so on, and how many are actually free? Chances are, at this point you're already down to 5 hours or less. How likely is that time to be consecutive? And that's the time you can't even guarantee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Hope we get 10.0 news soon, zm is so frustrating with its annoying chests and rares.
    Warlock master r̶a̶c̶e̶ class! Or just go Venthyr :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr Demon Hunter here, very easy

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Warlock master r̶a̶c̶e̶ class! Or just go Venthyr :v
    Frankly, i found most of them rather easy to reach if you spend a moment surveying the area instead of bruteforcing it.

Is that not what I said? Casual players still don't only ever get 1 hour sessions to sit down and play the game. 5 hours isn't exactly a lot...

World of Warcraft 10.0: Return to Azeroth

+Five years have passed since the veil between Azeroth and the Shadowlands was shattered. After the Jailer's assault on Azeroth, the heroes rush back to their wounded homeworld.

+Setting: Revamped Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Certain zones, such as Ashenvale, Tanaris, and Tirisfal Glades, have seen significant changes while others only receive minor changes along with graphical updates. Azuremyst Isle and Bloodmyst Isle have been added to the same instance with Kalimdor, and Quel'Thalas has been added to Eastern Kingdoms.

+New level cap: 80

+Leveling: New primary way to level from 10 to 60 is doing zones in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Some zones are reserved for lower levels but most are designed to work for any level between 10 and 80. The intent is to allow you to make meaningful progress with professions and factions right from the get-go as well as having more freedom to play with higher-level friends. Level 60 characters coming from the Shadowlands have a lot of choice where to do their journey to 80. There is a main storyline that you unlock quests for every few levels.

+Story: Heavy focus on racial storylines at launch, including but not limited to: Turalyon refusing to yield the throne back to Anduin, night elves relocating to Nordrassil, the Forsaken rebuilding Lordaeron Keep, and gnomes retaking Gnomeregan. There is no main antagonist, but the Scarlet Brotherhood is present in multiple zones. The Void is also causing mayhem in several zones on Kalimdor and will feature more prominently with later patches as the heroes' focus shifts to attempting to heal the world with the help of the dragonflights. Main protagonists include on the Alliance side Mathias Shaw, Flynn Fairwind, Anduin, and Tyrande. Mayla Highmountain and Calia Menethil become more prominent within Horde, although Thrall returns as leader.

+Systems:
    -More dynamic world with events, updates to zones in patches, and faster day/night cycles with more extreme weather effects.
    -Profession revamp with a greater variety of powerful items to craft, expansive quest chains, and specializations within each profession.
    -The Forgotten Crypt: An evergreen evolution of Torghast with its own expansive progression system and cosmetic rewards. The Crypt will receive updates in each patch.
    -Timewalking expanded: One Timewalking event will always be active. Mythic+ is being added to MoP and WoD Timewalking. Outdoor Timewalking adds world quests and events with relevant rewards to older zones. Most dungeons will be included in the Timewalking dungeon pool, and there will be a Mythic mode for many dungeons.
    -New Game+ type Timewalking mode for completing old expansion zones. For example, you can start Outland questing from the beginning, and once you have completed all the zones you receive a high-resolution version of the tier 4 set of your class together with a mount. The updated tier sets are cosmetic-only, no player power is tied to this feature.
    -Mount customization will be expanded with mounts receiving their own talent trees. Mounts also receive mechanical updates to add depth to the gameplay and customization. There will be world quests where you race across the continents against NPCs. There will also be events where players can race against each other.
    -Shadowlands class-specific covenant abilities become a new talent row, and there will be another new talent row at level 80.
    -Zone attunements. Most zones will have their own talent trees that unlock fun perks for the zone and cosmetic rewards. Progress is account-wide.
    -Gear acquisition is being made more deterministic. Justice points return as a universal currency that can be used to buy basic gear along with a host of other things. Valor upgrading is expanded. The Great Vault is gone.
    -Master loot returns but for guild groups only.
    -More customization options are being added for each race.
    -Player housing. There will be houses all across Azeroth that you can buy and customize. You can acquire items from both current and older content.
    -Musical instruments are being added.
    -The Hearth Tavern is an inn where you can challenge other players to Hearthstone matches.

+Many old dungeons are being updated. There will be more than 20 dungeons in at launch. Maraudon and Blackrock Depths will feature as mega-dungeons. The pre-tier raid is a newly-built Scarlet Brotherhood monastery in Eastern Plaguelands. There is also a dragon-themed raid with a single difficulty mode and no trash mobs. It replaces world bosses. The first raid tier is Siege of Stormwind where the heroes battle against the forces of the Light.

+Announcement is currently planned for early summer along with 9.2.5 launch, but delaying it for an in-person event at Gamescom is still on the table. The cinematic trailer is a throwback to the original WoW trailer. The expansion is planned to launch in the first half of 2023 for PC and Xbox. WotLK Classic will launch at the end of this year, and it will feature loads of changes. WotLK Classic will be used as a starting point for a Classic+ experience.

^ sounds like an amalgamation of other leaks, I think we just had something very similar to this leak some days ago. Doesn't sound bad per se, but the "features" are all meh. There's nothing that stands out like a new class or artifact weapons.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

DOA with no new classes or races.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Is that not what I said? Casual players still don't only ever get 1 hour sessions to sit down and play the game. 5 hours isn't exactly a lot...
    Yes, it is. Days only have 24h, so if you have a full-time job, 5 hours of free time is hard to come by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueLeak View Post
    kek
    This guys name is OneTrueLeak! It must be it bois!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is. Days only have 24h, so if you have a full-time job, 5 hours of free time is hard to come by.
    Not counting commitments like family.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

8 hours sleep, 8 hours work, and 8 hours that is likely to include waking up, preparing for work, travelling to and from work, grocery shopping, making dinner, and miscellaneous odds and ends like tidying up and such.

Even just 5 straight hours of free time is a luxury if you live alone, let alone with someone. With a child that free time gets taken even more.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

That's exactly my point, though. Your original comment made out that casuals wouldn't be able to complete the content offered in the free time that they have, so there's no issue with the time gating. I would argue that it's exactly because casual player's free-time is so precious that there shouldn't be any time gating, they should be able to complete as much of the content as they want to in the time that they have, rather than being forced to wait for yet another period of free time that they might not have for days or weeks.