I am calling it now, placing my bet, Cosmic Dragon Civil War expansion for 10.x

Dragon Isles, the Cosmic Powers make a move on the Dragon Isles. The Void takes over the Black Dragonflight, Life/Elune easily takes the Green, The Titans/Order takes the Blue, Naaru/Light takes the Red, Disorder (Murozond) takes the Bronze (origin of the Infinite Flight), leaving out Death because the Shadowlands are saved.

Could be the next Covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

Dragon Isles, the Cosmic Powers make a move on the Dragon Isles. The Void takes over the Black Dragonflight, Life/Elune easily takes the Green, The Titans/Order takes the Blue, Naaru/Light takes the Red, Disorder (Murozond) takes the Bronze (origin of the Infinite Flight), leaving out Death because the Shadowlands are saved.

Besides this being a hodgepodge of everything it doesn’t sound too bad.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Scenarios were the same from beginning to end except they added a difficulty and valor
    They weren't. The system was awful at the start and missing basic features like the ability to vote kick and deserter, which meant that people could and frequently did just join and then AFK for a free carry with zero consequence at all. The added difficulty was an attempt to salvage a half-assed system, much like warfronts, but like warfronts it did little to help. The system was such an immediate and total failure that by 5.2 they had pivoted to focusing on its use as a single player story telling option and they were utterly abandoned in 5.3 and 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They weren't. The system was awful at the start and missing basic features like the ability to vote kick and deserter, which meant that people could and frequently did just join and then AFK for a free carry with zero consequence at all. The added difficulty was an attempt to salvage a half-assed system, much like warfronts, but like warfronts it did little to help. The system was such an immediate and total failure that by 5.2 they had pivoted to focusing on its use as a single player story telling option and they were utterly abandoned in 5.3 and 5.4.
    Maybe we just see things as different because personally I don’t see a vote to kick change as anything beyond a QoL change

The gear rewards weren’t any good and I think valor was only a once a week reward until 5.4 where it became the best way to cap and outside of timeless gear was the best way to gear alts because of the heroic difficulty

I think they added some scenarios through the patches so I wouldn’t say they were abandoned

I also can’t say I ran into issues with afk players because for a while they actually required effort but I was also in a guild so 90% of the time I didn’t pug and by the end you could just go into Blood in the Snow and have each player solo a mini boss

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

The Red Dragons are literally representing life though, while the Infinite Flight are agents of the Void/Old Gods.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

if the expansion is ready to be announced, and it's very likely to be (not certain, I know, but likely) and they just waited for 9.2 to ship, I believe we can expect the announcement of the announcement this week, next one to the latest
    8 days was a short window but they were tied to Gamescon schedules, now they can do however they want to

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    if the expansion is ready to be announced, and it's very likely to be (not certain, I know, but likely) and they just waited for 9.2 to ship, I believe we can expect the announcement of the announcement this week, next one to the latest
    8 days was a short window but they were tied to Gamescon schedules, now they can do however they want to
    Why do they need announce the announcement?

Just drop the expansion trailer and press kit. Maybe give journoa some warning ao they can be copypasting the text instanrly, but there is no need for public to be informed about any planned announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Just drop the expansion trailer and press kit. Maybe give journoa some warning ao they can be copypasting the text instanrly, but there is no need for public to be informed about any planned announcements.
    This is true. But if they wanted to do it with little fanfaire, they would have already. They've waited so long they're clearly waiting for after the Sepulcher conclusion cinematic, it must be because they don't want to spoil it. Either they'll show it the day after the second part of the raid opens, or they really are intending on dropping the announcement & beginning the alpha on the same day. I mean that would be a pretty hype stunt: Showing the cinematic, then letting the content creators test it out right after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    This is true. But if they wanted to do it with little fanfaire, they would have already. They've waited so long they're clearly waiting for after the Sepulcher conclusion cinematic, it must be because they don't want to spoil it. Either they'll show it the day after the second part of the raid opens, or they really are intending on dropping the announcement & beginning the alpha on the same day. I mean that would be a pretty hype stunt: Showing the cinematic, then letting the content creators test it out right after.
    I'm 100% sure they will do an alpha on the same day as the announcement. Iirc they already did that for BfA's last patch and it was super balls back than. Maybe they could even do something like the Diablo Pass during MoP and basically give away alpha/beta for a 12 month sub alongside a new mount to hype it up even more?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wasn't that build dead by then? I was playing Shadow Priest Clarity of Power in Blackrock, also an experimental build.
    That was like the best talent for most of wod, hardly experimental. Few patches changed it, but for the most time clarity was bis.

Clarity shadow was fun imo, but many didnt like the shadowmage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    There's a portal, covenant or flightmaster at every pillar in the Ring of Transference--except this one.

It could be a missing patch.

Could be that they had more planned and maybe even had the idea to make that broker town available as quest zone or what ever. The area is just a dungeon altho it sure looks like more was plannend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Because randomly dropping the announcement wouldn't make any sense? Heck, they're giving us dates for patch announcements so I am certain they will give us a major timespan to "prepare" for the announcement.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Odds on Preach not getting an alpha invite due to his very public announcement that he will no longer continue to cover World of Warcraft; then getting offended over not getting an invite?

Only mentioning this due to several posts above commenting on content creators testing the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Odds on Preach not getting an alpha invite due to his very public announcement that he will no longer continue to cover World of Warcraft; then getting offended over not getting an invite?

Only mentioning this due to several posts above commenting on content creators testing the alpha.
    I don’t think he’ll complain about it
    I mean he is a bit cunty in his personal life but he’s pretty professional when it comes to his business.

A lot of content creators are just done with WoW. I was surprised when Kaif quit back during the Hong Kong stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post

I’m not familiar with that streamer, but did he say he’d stop covering WoW forever? Because it is perfectly reasonable to not waste your time streaming an expansion as low quality as Shadowlands. Makes sense to stream much better games to your fans and then come back around to WoW when the devs release an expansion worth playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Landrisser View Post
    I’m not familiar with that streamer, but did he say he’d stop covering WoW forever? Because it is perfectly reasonable to not waste your time streaming an expansion as low quality as Shadowlands. Makes sense to stream much better games to your fans and then come back around to WoW when the devs release an expansion worth playing again.
    In BfA the game wasn’t fun and he only played for raids then SL was worse because the devs kept shitting on player opinion then the cube crawls were made public so he went “fuck it I don’t like WoW and I can’t support this company. For those of you saying I did it for the money I hope you realize my YouTube is almost completely demonetized and my non wow streams are more profitable”

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landrisser View Post
    Its more like.. if wow or 10.0 will come around, the risk is there for him he will not get an invite becsuse of hes negative response. Its not that difficult, blizz would want some good pr and preach how honest and rightfully so is, doesnt match with fake pr wow is awesome. I imagine hes fed up.

Dont worry blizz will find some new people to be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Cinematic tonight?
    as soon as anduin goes down.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Cinematic tonight?
    The Anduin one, yes.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Just don't get too excited about tonight's cutscene or cinematic. Storywise, they've all been fairly bland for the last couple of years. A lot of people are probably expecting some sort of epic finale to Arthas' story and then we'll get something similar to the 9.1 trailer, with Anduin just looking goofy. Positively surprised if proven wrong though.

But 10.0 is where I'm at, because it's such a fresh spin on the story.
    My mindset is the same. I mostly just want these next two weeks to pass to bring us closer to any potential 10.0 news.