1. #26761
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It's with all the loading screens once your window is wide enough as of 8.2
    People are desperate enough to get excited about anything, but not interested enough to go back one or two pages and see that someone already answered...

  2. #26762
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdoms are part of Azeroth
    They're literally just the equivalent of black bars of letterboxing.

  3. #26763
    Stop trying to make a world revamp happen, it's not gonna happen.

    The new leveling changes from SL assures this. New players are forced into exiles reach and sent to the most recent expansion to level in. And the fact that you need a new land to explore for marketing purposes.

    It's clear 10.0 is dragon isles with tinkers, the sooner u guys accept this the better time you'll have in two weeks.

  4. #26764
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    It's clear 10.0 is dragon isles with tinkers, the sooner u guys accept this the better time you'll have in two weeks.
    But what about Exploding Dragon Isles and Dark Tinkers?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  5. #26765
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Stop trying to make a world revamp happen, it's not gonna happen.

    The new leveling changes from SL assures this. New players are forced into exiles reach and sent to the most recent expansion to level in. And the fact that you need a new land to explore for marketing purposes.

    It's clear 10.0 is dragon isles with tinkers, the sooner u guys accept this the better time you'll have in two weeks.
    Someone is a bit too confident me thinks.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  6. #26766
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Stop trying to make a world revamp happen, it's not gonna happen.

    The new leveling changes from SL assures this. New players are forced into exiles reach and sent to the most recent expansion to level in. And the fact that you need a new land to explore for marketing purposes.

    It's clear 10.0 is dragon isles with tinkers, the sooner u guys accept this the better time you'll have in two weeks.
    Or you could argue that the SL levelling revamp instead guarantees a revamp. You have Exiles reach as the tailor made tutorial zone, and now we need some tailor made intermediate levelling zones to ease players into the game before the endgame levelling.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #26767
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Stop trying to make a world revamp happen, it's not gonna happen.

    The new leveling changes from SL assures this. New players are forced into exiles reach and sent to the most recent expansion to level in. And the fact that you need a new land to explore for marketing purposes.

    It's clear 10.0 is dragon isles with tinkers, the sooner u guys accept this the better time you'll have in two weeks.
    Not sure that's as clear as you think it is. There's still a ton of non-Dragon Isles options it could be: Light/Void conflict, revamp, Other Side of Azeroth all come to mind right off the top of my head. Plus, while I'd personally love to have Tinkers in game there's really not a great iron clad reason to say that would for sure be the new class if we got one. Could be Dragonsworn if we have Dragon Isles or something else entirely.

    I still say if we're seeing a World Revamp it'll be in 11.0, but that doesn't mean Dragon Isles is a lock at this point either.

  8. #26768
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Someone is a bit too confident me thinks.
    I'm just reading the very obviously writing in the wall without any biased goggles on.

    I would love the addition of tinkers and feel confident that they are the next class for multiple reasons, but I ain't gonna main it.

    Just think about it. Every racial leader / important character is one of the playable classes available to players. Even sylvanas and alleria, who are hunters with special skins.

    Now just about every significantly important gnome or goblin character is a tinker, yet there's no way to effectively express that in combat.

    Island expeditions have already laid a small groundwork to what 3 different tinker specs could be.

    If Necro or Drs we're ever gonna be a class it would have been in SL, but they weren't and prob won't be.

    Dragon isles will probably continue the covenant system with the 5 flights and have them called dragonsworns, instead of a draconic class. Plenty of classes already have dragon themed spells anyway.

    So there's really nothing left.

    It is what it is, just wait till after zovaal bites the dust. And we get our 10.0 reveal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Or you could argue that the SL levelling revamp instead guarantees a revamp. You have Exiles reach as the tailor made tutorial zone, and now we need some tailor made intermediate levelling zones to ease players into the game before the endgame levelling.
    Then that wouldn't be a revamp if you have multiple new zones for leveling purposes.... Which is completely unnecessary as noobies really only need the most recent expansion to understand the current story.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Not sure that's as clear as you think it is. There's still a ton of non-Dragon Isles options it could be: Light/Void conflict, revamp, Other Side of Azeroth all come to mind right off the top of my head. Plus, while I'd personally love to have Tinkers in game there's really not a great iron clad reason to say that would for sure be the new class if we got one. Could be Dragonsworn if we have Dragon Isles or something else entirely.

    I still say if we're seeing a World Revamp it'll be in 11.0, but that doesn't mean Dragon Isles is a lock at this point either.
    The light void conflict is precisely the reason why 10.0 is dragon isles.

    We need a way to bring yrel into azeroth and the only being capable of doing that is a bronze dragon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    In two weeks my being will ascend into omnipotence as you all see my predictions were right all along.

  9. #26769
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

    In two weeks my being will ascend into omnipotence as you all see my predictions were right all along.
    I really hope that they don't reveal or say anything about 10.0 until a couple weeks after Zovaal dies, so that I can see this thread go absolutely crazy arguing about when they should/will announce.

  10. #26770
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    I really hope that they don't reveal or say anything about 10.0 until a couple weeks after Zovaal dies, so that I can see this thread go absolutely crazy arguing about when they should/will announce.
    Well whether it's in two, three weeks, or in the next half hour, my radiance will be known.

  11. #26771
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Or you could argue that the SL levelling revamp instead guarantees a revamp. You have Exiles reach as the tailor made tutorial zone, and now we need some tailor made intermediate levelling zones to ease players into the game before the endgame levelling.
    You're both wrong: If they did a vanilla world revamp, and kept the cataclysm version of zones in game, why would a revamped world need to include a new leveling experience? Especially after the positive reaction to the 9.0 timewalking revamp.

    Instead, they revamp the eastern kingdoms & kalimdor entirely for 60-70. Letting new players play through BFA, then Shadowlands, then to return to Azeroth now that so much has changed. I want to say part of the reason they destroyed Teldrassil & Lordaeron was so they wouldn't have to redesign so many hub cities when they had long-term plans to revamp the world. Plus, the idea that we'd actually at some point see the events of BFA on the old world reflected in game, because so far, we haven't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    That's a bad take. For all we know, Exile's Reach might exist in the first place because they're removing the old starting zones in a revamp.
    Considering they had to make Classic a thing, now they know better than to remove *anything*. They don't need to remove the Cata era versions of the zones to do a world revamp. They primarily needed to make Exiles' Reach as a tutorial for BFA content, because they wanted new players to start in BFA, but it didn't have anything to explain the game to new players, so its like a BFA tutorial zone.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-03-03 at 06:03 PM.

  12. #26772
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    That's a bad take. For all we know, Exile's Reach might exist in the first place because they're removing the old starting zones in a revamp.

    Updated KA and EK could feel like new if they drastically revamp it. Depends a bit on what happens to Azeroth next week.
    You say that like revamping the entirety for EK and Kal is some minor feat. And all that just for nooby leveling? Even cata had a new continent in the form of spread out zones.

    No way... Exiles reach was meant to put new players in a modern environment that doesn't conflict chronologically with the current story.

    That was the problem with cata.

    You level in cata to 58, then go back in time to outland, then forward in time to northrend but still in the past from where you began, then go back to the present in cata leveling zones.


    Exiles reach fixed this by being chronologically neutral and then dropping you in the events of the last expansion and forcing you to level there.

    Revamping the word just brings us back to square one for future expansions.

    No, all we need is a new continent and updated zones where it makes sense in the current story, like uldum, the vale, silitus, dark shore, and arathi

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You're both wrong: If they did a vanilla world revamp, and kept the cataclysm version of zones in game, why would a revamped world need to include a new leveling experience? Especially after the positive reaction to the 9.0 timewalking revamp.

    Instead, they revamp the eastern kingdoms & kalimdor entirely for 60-70. Letting new players play through BFA, then Shadowlands, then to return to Azeroth now that so much has changed. I want to say part of the reason they destroyed Teldrassil & Lordaeron was so they wouldn't have to redesign so many hub cities when they had long-term plans to revamp the world. Plus, the idea that we'd actually at some point see the events of BFA on the old world reflected in game, because so far, we haven't.

    Considering they had to make Classic a thing, now they know better than to remove *anything*. They don't need to remove the Cata era versions of the zones to do a world revamp. They primarily needed to make Exiles' Reach as a tutorial for BFA content, because they wanted new players to start in BFA, but it didn't have anything to explain the game to new players, so its like a BFA tutorial zone.
    No that won't work since new players wouldn't be able to finish off in BfA if they wanted to or completely undermine SL, which goes completely against the current level design for new players.


    We don't need to complicate this.

    WE. DO. NOT. NEED. A. WORLD. REVAMP.

    It's as simple as that.

    It would be suicide to sell to existing players that they don't have a new world to explore and instead you got HD Desolace and Felwood, gtfo.

    Again, even cata had brand new zones for endgame players.

  13. #26773
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    The light void conflict is precisely the reason why 10.0 is dragon isles.

    We need a way to bring yrel into azeroth and the only being capable of doing that is a bronze dragon.
    Okay but one helps us go there to get the mag'har. A bronze dragon being involved in the plot doesn't mean the whole expansion will revolve around dragons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    WE. DO. NOT. NEED. A. WORLD. REVAMP.
    yes we do. So much has changed in the last 3 expansions and NONE of it is reflected in the world of Azeroth. Oh the Forsaken & Night Elves are homeless? Sylvanas redrew all the maps? The Old Gods invaded? the Naga are in a power vaccum? The Nightborne erected a dome around Silvermoon? Players would never know these things if they weren't specifically in the questline for them, and even then they're things you're just told. They need to be reflected in the actual world.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-03-03 at 06:18 PM.

  14. #26774
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Okay but one helps us go there to get the mag'har. A bronze dragon being involved in the plot doesn't mean the whole expansion will revolve around dragons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    yes we do. So much has changed in the last 3 expansions and NONE of it is reflected in the world of Azeroth.
    No but they need to be involved in some level to even think about having yrel come to our timeline... And such a significant event would probably involve nozzy, which would probably involve the isles because we know that they're the next frontier as per wrathion and BFA.


    Who gives a shit how Desolace and westfall looks like because stupid ass pelagos doesn't know why he can't ascend.

    If some significant change happens then we'll get something like uldum and the vale or silithus, we don't need a massive cata level revamp.

    Every expansion needs new leveling content, there's no denying this.

    Everything you listed in your update doesn't need a world revamp cata style.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-03-03 at 06:21 PM.

  15. #26775
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Every expansion needs new leveling content, there's no denying this.
    Like I said, make the revamped Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdoms the 60-70 leveling content: It's the perfect solution. From a player & developer perspective, it's no different from inventing an entirely new continent to level in.

  16. #26776
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Like I said, make the revamped Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdoms the 60-70 leveling content: It's the perfect solution. From a player & developer perspective, it's no different from inventing an entirely new continent to level in.
    Christ.... There's too many zones between EK and Kal for that to even make a lick of practical sense my dude.

    If there's significant shit like you posted then we can get singular zone updates like we did for 8.3 and 8.0.

    But revamping both those continents in their entirety, are you out of your mind?

    One more time, even cata had new zones for endgame leveling.

    Plus, what about northrend, pandaland, zandalar, KT, broken isles, and outland should they all be updated too, or are you okay with them being in chronological limbo???

    Like come on use your common sense.

  17. #26777
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    No that won't work since new players wouldn't be able to finish off in BfA if they wanted to or completely undermine SL, which goes completely against the current level design for new players.
    What do you mean? That's already how it's designed. New players do Exiles Reach, BFA, then Shadowlands. That IS the current level design for new players. It seems natural that the next content isn't supposed to supplant that, but come after.

    level 60 players returning from shadowlands to an entirely new Azeroth seems like a natural segue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Christ.... There's too many zones between EK and Kal for that to even make a lick of practical sense my dude.
    Not really. Half those zones are extremely sparse. Plus, they wouldn't necessarily need to create new geography, unlike with an entirely new continent they'd have to create that from scratch. It surely wouldn't have as many quests as Cata did but it wouldn't need to. I imagine them introducing a lot of world quests & invasions to the old world zones.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-03-03 at 06:30 PM.

  18. #26778
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,365
    We've had 3 whole expansions now that utilized all of their zones via WQs, invasions, campaigns, dailies and other open world affecting systems (cyphers/covenants)

    The point of the revamp would be to visually update each zone and bring Azeroth chronologically forward, while using the systems and tech mentioned above to make all/most zones relevant and have a purpose.

    So no, its not just "for the noobies".

    Even cata had a new continent in the form of spread out zones.
    Yes, and it was the biggest fucking mistake that they have made in that expansion.
    The whole revamp was rendered pointless as it went completely ignored, while they focused on spreading the players between a bunch of new zones.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  19. #26779
    We need a revamp, but I'm doubtful that presently Blizzard is as ambitious as the one that made Cataclysm, which itself ran into issues with such a huge project.

    Just like how people have dismissed truth out of having other preferences with the Kul Tiran and Zandalar achievement/armor leaks, the Allied Race data mining, the Bolvar art, Death Knight swords, and the Shadowlands logo/Bastion concept art flier, I really think the Empire logo is sadly the one, and the two text leaks corroborating it are accurate. :/
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-03-03 at 06:31 PM.

  20. #26780
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    You say that like revamping the entirety for EK and Kal is some minor feat. And all that just for nooby leveling? Even cata had a new continent in the form of spread out zones.

    No way... Exiles reach was meant to put new players in a modern environment that doesn't conflict chronologically with the current story.

    That was the problem with cata.

    You level in cata to 58, then go back in time to outland, then forward in time to northrend but still in the past from where you began, then go back to the present in cata leveling zones.


    Exiles reach fixed this by being chronologically neutral and then dropping you in the events of the last expansion and forcing you to level there.

    Revamping the word just brings us back to square one for future expansions.

    No, all we need is a new continent and updated zones where it makes sense in the current story, like uldum, the vale, silitus, dark shore, and arathi

    - - - Updated - - -



    No that won't work since new players wouldn't be able to finish off in BfA if they wanted to or completely undermine SL, which goes completely against the current level design for new players.


    We don't need to complicate this.

    WE. DO. NOT. NEED. A. WORLD. REVAMP.

    It's as simple as that.

    It would be suicide to sell to existing players that they don't have a new world to explore and instead you got HD Desolace and Felwood, gtfo.

    Again, even cata had brand new zones for endgame players.
    They wouldn’t be “HD remakes”, pretty sure they’d have a change in environ and demographic given ongoing conflicts. You’d have to have no imagination to think they can’t pull it off in small increments. Players want to experience the natural world again, because there’s untapped themes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •