1. #26901
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Blizzard totally mistimed their 10.0 announcement. You're supposed to ride the wave of hype and release the announcement at peak hype. Now, everyone is bored of fake leaks and the hype is dying down. By time they get around to it, will anyone still care?
    If they announce pre-order allied races hype won't matter $$$$$$$$$$$

  2. #26902
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Blizzard totally mistimed their 10.0 announcement. You're supposed to ride the wave of hype and release the announcement at peak hype. Now, everyone is bored of fake leaks and the hype is dying down. By time they get around to it, will anyone still care?
    This is how it's been even back since the TBC days though. Patch drops, people are super hyped for a week or two. Hype dies down. The real players who spend their weeks raiding, doing pvp or working towards their long term goals (whether that's clearing a raid, reaching their pvp rating or m+ rating) will keep being hyped and keep playing and enjoy the game in a more quiet way, but the 'hivemind' that swarms to the game every patch and then vanishes 3-4 weeks later gets quiet because they have seen the surface level content and they are happy with that.

    It does make sense to hold off the 10.0 announcement a bit in my opinion as it would feel weird to put that out at the same time as our current raid. Kind of a "Hey, we know we just dropped a new patch and raid but here's the real content we are hyped about"

  3. #26903
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Blizzard totally mistimed their 10.0 announcement. You're supposed to ride the wave of hype and release the announcement at peak hype. Now, everyone is bored of fake leaks and the hype is dying down. By time they get around to it, will anyone still care?
    Was there every hype for Shadowlands past its launch? Like honestly? Neither 9.1 nor 9.2 had any major hype levels you could "feel". This was very different in e.g. 7.2, 7.3 and even in 8.2.

    Due to every patch being so late and then dragging on forever Shadowlands was never able to build momentum like Legion did (I know this comparison is unfair because Legion was timed perfectly, but you can see and feel the difference).

    So when would have been the best time to announce the next expansion in your eyes? Before they announced 9.2 I guess? Because 9.2 didn't generate any worthwile hype, people were just happy that this expansion ends with 9.2 and isn't getting another content patch that makes it even longer.

    I really have no idea when would have been the best time to do it. Last autumn?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  4. #26904
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,773
    I don't expect much from the end-of-raid cinematic, after the disappointment of N'zoth's... Only one thing can make it interesting: if he succeeds in his plan.

  5. #26905
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Was there every hype for Shadowlands past its launch? Like honestly? Neither 9.1 nor 9.2 had any major hype levels you could "feel".
    Hype "feel" is super anecdotal and depends entire on yourself, my YouTube has been full of recommended videos about the 9.2 meta shake-up and the new content, and many people on my friend's list who haven't played since 9.0 are returning to PvP in 9.2, so I'm experiencing a big feeling of hype around this patch. Not a clue what the YouTube or twitch engagement numbers or the Wowhead visits are compared to say, 7.2 or 8.3.

  6. #26906
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    If she’s stuck there and can’t mount until the rotating shadehound drops, I’d actually find that reasonable punishment to be honest. Why Blizzard inflicted that actual hell on us, we may never know.
    Because it's literally meant to reflect that place. That was actually on purpose.

  7. #26907
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I just want an expansion that really focuses on casual play, more so than ever before. I'm so tired of hardcore raiding and the e-sports scene surrounding it, with all the hardcore culture that comes with it like spreadsheet culture and general toxicity.

    But that will never happen sadly.
    I agree, the focus on niche things is all dandy, but by far the most players(casuals) should have more options.

    I never liked raiding so much.., shame most focud goes to that.

  8. #26908
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I don't expect much from the end-of-raid cinematic, after the disappointment of N'zoth's... Only one thing can make it interesting: if he succeeds in his plan.
    As I said and keep saying, the writing will NEVER change until Steve is removed as lead. He'll bench Sylvanas and make someone similar looking like Alexstrasza or Ysera or Tyrande or maybe even Azeroth his new girl toy
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  9. #26909
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,371
    Tel Abim.
    Ah yes.

    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Bananas


    Formerly known as Arafal

  10. #26910
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really have no idea when would have been the best time to do it. Last autumn?
    A month ago would have been perfect. We can be excited for two things at the same time, a new patch and a new expansion. Only reason I can see to wait is if there is some big reveal with the Jailer that the next expansion announcement would spoil. But who cares about the Jailer? We need news about 10.0.

  11. #26911
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    If you look at the world map, the distribution of isles and "continents" isn't very fair. On the EK side, you have (beside the EK) Kul'Tiras, Zandalar and the Broken Isles + possibly the Dragon Isles.

    When are we going to have content close/connected to Kalimdor ? Still waiting for Kezan and Tel Abim.

    Yeah, I could definitely see Kezan/Undermine being placed in the space between Kalimdor, Pandaria and the Malestrom. Make Undermine about the size of the Broken Isles, and we should be good to go. Also Dragon Isles north of the Eastern Kingdoms and east of Northrend makes sense too.

  12. #26912
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    Hype "feel" is super anecdotal and depends entire on yourself, my YouTube has been full of recommended videos about the 9.2 meta shake-up and the new content, and many people on my friend's list who haven't played since 9.0 are returning to PvP in 9.2, so I'm experiencing a big feeling of hype around this patch. Not a clue what the YouTube or twitch engagement numbers or the Wowhead visits are compared to say, 7.2 or 8.3.
    I mean... getting YouTube recommendations has nothing to do with hype, it's just the algorithm that thinks you're interested in that. Sure, you can't measure "feeling" either, but that's just my impression about 9.2 and everything regarding Shadowlands. Very low-key compared to previous expansions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    A month ago would have been perfect. We can be excited for two things at the same time, a new patch and a new expansion. Only reason I can see to wait is if there is some big reveal with the Jailer that the next expansion announcement would spoil. But who cares about the Jailer? We need news about 10.0.
    I do not think that an announcement one month ago would have changed anything. What makes the difference? An announcement last year around the expected time (aka Blizzcon season in November) I would have understood, but shortly before 9.2? Meh in my eyes. So they're already waaaaaaaaaay too late.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    I hate how f*cked up this map is. Center the maelstorm in the middle and place everything accordingly around. This way it just looks super messy.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  13. #26913
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I do not think that an announcement one month ago would have changed anything. What makes the difference? An announcement last year around the expected time (aka Blizzcon season in November) I would have understood, but shortly before 9.2? Meh in my eyes. So they're already waaaaaaaaaay too late.
    Definitely way too late. I think the lack of Blizzcon is throwing everything off. We had a definite day set way in advance before, now we are just shooting in the dark.

    For me though, it's like once leak season goes from being exciting to being repetitive and boring, and everyone is sick of reading leaks, you have waited too long to announce. Excitement turns into impatience and annoyance, which isn't a good place to announce a product in.

  14. #26914
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Definitely way too late. I think the lack of Blizzcon is throwing everything off. We had a definite day set way in advance before, now we are just shooting in the dark.

    For me though, it's like once leak season goes from being exciting to being repetitive and boring, and everyone is sick of reading leaks, you have waited too long to announce. Excitement turns into impatience and annoyance, which isn't a good place to announce a product in.
    Yeah absolutely. I don't remember when leak season was fun. November / December? Or even earlier than that? Because everything that happened leak-wise this year was pretty... meh. Super meh. We got tons of leaks but only a handful was decent or... good. It's really tiresome.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  15. #26915
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    So basically youre way too online and just assume that because you read every leak that means that more than .1% of the playerbase also reads every leak and is also somehow sick of it even though Blizzard has people whos entire job is knowing when the right time to announce something is or not?
    Yeah, pretty much. Is it that obvious?

    Really though, anybody still hoping we'll see anything before the Jailer dies in WF is just spinning their wheels. Not that Blizzard is specifically waiting for it, but rather they probably planned it far enough out that they can be sure it's done by then. I'm actually beginning to fall into the Release of the Sylvannas book club. But, I'll just be excited when they do announce something. In the meantime, I'm enjoying 9.2

  16. #26916
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Definitely way too late. I think the lack of Blizzcon is throwing everything off. We had a definite day set way in advance before, now we are just shooting in the dark.

    For me though, it's like once leak season goes from being exciting to being repetitive and boring, and everyone is sick of reading leaks, you have waited too long to announce. Excitement turns into impatience and annoyance, which isn't a good place to announce a product in.
    It's not like that's a hard train to shift though. As soon as they announce an event to reveal 10.0, that impatience & annoyance will turn back into hype. Plus if they reveal some sort of pre-order bonus or have something else cool to show in 9.2.5, that will build the hype just that much more.

    Hype isn't exactly a finite resource. It absolutely ebbs & flows, and a good reveal will bring on more than enough hype to help bring excitement to 10.0.

  17. #26917
    If you like what's in the trailer you gonna buy the expansion anyway. Some people will buy it regardless of what's in the trailer. This so called hype is not that important as you present it

  18. #26918
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    The good news: All of the speculation regarding an announcement/announcement of an announcement before the Jailer cinematic goes live is now NULL. Furthermore, we are just 4 days away from the Jailer fight/cinematic (and any other cinematics that may come out).

    Personally, even with the Anduin cinematic being the longer one, I am still excited to: 1). See the final 3 bosses of the raid (since they are unknown in terms of video evidence). 2). See what is said/happens during the RP of the 3 fights as well as any/all cinematics. 3). If Blizzard did, in fact, want to wait for the Jailer fight to go live before making any announcements regarding 10.0 (as was also hinted in an interview with Ion), we are getting close. Whether an announcement happens in the next couple weeks (before end of March) or even in April, I am ready!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    If you like what's in the trailer you gonna buy the expansion anyway. Some people will buy it regardless of what's in the trailer. This so called hype is not that important as you present it
    To your point, and I have said this before, I was super excited for Shadowlands when they premiered the cinematic. However, once they premiered the features trailer (shortly after), my HYPE went down quite a bit (not entirely). I really want a sweet cinematic and trailer this time around for 10.0.

  19. #26919
    yeaaah the SL features trailer was lame as hell. I just want to see "NEW HERO CLASS" in big-ass letters, the hype during the legion announcement and watching chat+twitter blow up with each cool feature getting revealed was huge.

  20. #26920
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    yeaaah the SL features trailer was lame as hell. I just want to see "NEW HERO CLASS" in big-ass letters, the hype during the legion announcement and watching chat+twitter blow up with each cool feature getting revealed was huge.
    To be fair, the Shadowlands announcement was very bad. The just left out half of the stuff. Legendaries, all the intricacies for Covenants etc. - all was left out. The feature trailer for Shadowlands was just very poorly done and we ended up getting way more.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •