1. #26961
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Knowing Blizzard, their idea of housing will be desastrous. Timegating, horrible currency farming, few customisations ...
    Arguably it already was disastrous, garrisons, remember?

  2. #26962
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Arguably it already was disastrous, garrisons, remember?
    You know I didn't hate Garrisons so much as I hated the lack of anything to do outside of them and the overpowered rewards from just afk mission table farming.

    If they said they were giving us, let's say, an island that we could make our sanctuary on and it was kinda like Garrison meets Animal Crossing.... I'd be intrigued.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  3. #26963
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You know I didn't hate Garrisons so much as I hated the lack of anything to do outside of them and the overpowered rewards from just afk mission table farming.

    If they said they were giving us, let's say, an island that we could make our sanctuary on and it was kinda like Garrison meets Animal Crossing.... I'd be intrigued.
    I do wonder what the best place for "player housing" would be. TBH I think starter zones would be the best locations cause it would then rely on those core base aesthetics of Warcraft's playable races.

    I do feel it would be pretty much instanced like the Garrison was, but perhaps it would be interesting if the outside area was made into a hangout spot, like the Halfhill Market.

  4. #26964
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Doubtful. Spoilers below:
    Datamined broadcast text makes it look more likely that Tyrande let’s her off the hook and she goes to the Maw to find Nathanos.
    No, really.
    Wait isn't that exactly what one of the leaks from like 2 months ago said?

  5. #26965
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Wait isn't that exactly what one of the leaks from like 2 months ago said?
    Nah, backwards. People put it in all their bullshit leaks after it was found out to seem more legit.

  6. #26966
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,266
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I do wonder what the best place for "player housing" would be. TBH I think starter zones would be the best locations cause it would then rely on those core base aesthetics of Warcraft's playable races.

    I do feel it would be pretty much instanced like the Garrison was, but perhaps it would be interesting if the outside area was made into a hangout spot, like the Halfhill Market.
    Considering the constant mess that FF14 is in for having non-instanced housing, I will 100% guarantee if WoW did housing it'd be Garrison-style instancing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  7. #26967
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Me gonna ook you in the dooker!

  8. #26968
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Considering the constant mess that FF14 is in for having non-instanced housing,
    That must be a hilarious mess.

  9. #26969
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Me gonna ook you in the dooker!
    Yes riko is good dooka.

  10. #26970
    The Lightbringer Izalla's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Way I see it I need them to hit 2 of 3 things:

    1. EK/Kalimdor revamp

    2. More & Diversified class mechanics. So every class doesn't feel like "do you want a rage bar or combo points as the vehicle for applying your burst window?"

    3. Valor/Justice vendors returning as the mechanic for catch-up gear, bad luck protection, and non-raider gearing.
    I second this post. But add tinkers for me as a best case scenario, and literally any other class otherwise.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  11. #26971
    Stood in the Fire Dragon ANX's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    438
    So... next week "IS THE WEEK", right? Riiiight....?
    Btw i think that this delayed announcement(Based on original Blizcon date) probably means that 10.0 will come in 2023, what does everyone thinks?

  12. #26972
    The announcement will happen on March, 24th 2022.

  13. #26973
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    The announcement will happen on March, 24th 2022.
    Saving this one.

  14. #26974
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    The announcement will happen on March, 24th 2022.
    Sounds pretty likely. End raid cinematic next week, announcement of reveal on March 10th with a two weeks notice, takes us straight to March 24th.

  15. #26975
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    The announcement will happen on March, 24th 2022.
    And you came to this conclusion how exactly?

  16. #26976
    Anyone see Mark Kelada's Twitter post? I'm too new to post the link so find it yourself.

    Might mean nothing, but interesting choice of words. 'Living world' indeed.

  17. #26977
    Quote Originally Posted by CognateClockwork View Post
    Anyone see Mark Kelada's Twitter post? I'm too new to post the link so find it yourself.

    Might mean nothing, but interesting choice of words. 'Living world' indeed.
    Which post do you mean? I went through his timeline and couldn't find anything with living world in it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  18. #26978
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Which post do you mean? I went through his timeline and couldn't find anything with living world in it.
    I think he means this one, but I didn't get the same "living world" vibe from it:

    https://twitter.com/itsmarksopp/stat...DF9o7wHpg&s=19

  19. #26979
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,550
    Quote Originally Posted by CognateClockwork View Post
    Anyone see Mark Kelada's Twitter post? I'm too new to post the link so find it yourself.

    Might mean nothing, but interesting choice of words. 'Living world' indeed.
    Yeah, I didnt see anything either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RoshuanEU View Post
    I think he means this one, but I didn't get the same "living world" vibe from it:

    https://twitter.com/itsmarksopp/stat...DF9o7wHpg&s=19
    Thats a huge stretch..

  20. #26980
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, I didnt see anything either.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thats a huge stretch..
    I completely agree, but that was the closest thing I could find in there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •