1. #27541
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Its weird because there's plenty of items in WoW were the model doesn't match the name or description. Why start now?
    I suppose because people were actually complaining here.

  2. #27542
    I'm so far gone in denial that it's a World Revamp for 10.0 I'm going to lose my mind on 4/19 if that's the case.
    After speculation and hopes since WoD/Legion, I've just hardened myself for the long haul on this one and if they pull THAT ripcord sooner than I expect...

    4/20 this year is going to be one hell of a day if so. An Emerald Dream.

    Edit: I mean even with Zovaal threatening to 'remake reality' and the setting never justifying the potential for a revamp better, I'm sitting here like "psssshhh yeaaaa sureee blizzz... .... wait... are you..? naaaaaaaaahhhh"
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2022-03-08 at 05:06 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

  3. #27543
    Stood in the Fire Dragon ANX's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I'm so far gone in denial that it's a WV for 10.0 I'm going to lose my mind on 4/19 if that's the case.
    After speculation and hopes since WoD/Legion, I've just hardened myself for the long haul on this one and if they pull THAT ripcord sooner than I expect...

    4/20 this year is going to be one hell of a day if so. An Emerald Dream.
    Stay strong my friend, you are not alone! #TeamWorldRevamp Assemble!

  4. #27544
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    Stay strong my friend, you are not alone! #TeamWorldRevamp Assemble!
    I'm frankly drinking the kool-aid here. I really want a world revamp regardless of the likelihood. I stand by the revampists!

  5. #27545
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Possible next expansions:

    Dragon Isles
    Lightbound Invasion
    Undermine
    Empire of Dragons

    Anything else?
    Emerald dream. One could say that and Azeroth are both different worlds in a sense.

  6. #27546
    Epic! Pheraz's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,675
    So today, if the good guild guys kill the last three bosses, we see the last vid?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

  7. #27547
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    He doesn't need to mention the limitations
    But he did, and got them wrong. That's the point.

  8. #27548
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Yeah and keep in mind there's a high chance 9.2.5 gets unveiled and put on the PTR this week as well.

    Hoping for some fresh world content to keep things exciting until April 19th, like character customization and new Allied Races / Heritage Armour.
    Why do you think 9.2.5 would hqve content? No SL .5 pqtch has had new content, just system fixes.

  9. #27549
    Quote Originally Posted by therewillbedragons View Post
    no need to argue, I was definitely under the impression that xfaction was a 10.0 feature

    the version I played still had shadowlands logon/splashscreen, and the loading screens for any new areas were just the generic placeholder one (dwarf on gryphon). there's likely a name and logo at this point, there was just no trace of it in the build I played. lips are very tight, the only piece of information I've been able to get since my hands-on experience was "announcement this week".
    even blizzard devs not on WoW know the name of the expac, there's zero chance you played an internal build and don't know the name

    Also Ion has said they wanted crossfaction to be in 9.2 but it proved to be too difficult to get out that early and was pushed back to 9.2.5

  10. #27550
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Do they replace this one: https://www.wowhead.com/item=189845/...ron?bonus=6805 ?

    If so, I gotta say I'd rather have the model that fits the rest of the zone loot (and therefore my tier sets) than a random pimped vanilla item. The lordaeron shields would have made for nice cosmetic bonus loot, like the shaman set in SoO.
    You can still get the old appereance from another shield, so nothing is lost.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Its weird because there's plenty of items in WoW were the model doesn't match the name or description. Why start now?
    Because you have to start somewhere - and it's super good that they actually do listen to feedback now, especially in this case.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  11. #27551
    I mean if we go full tinfoil here
    The new shield being a part of next expansion makes sense because we have the scarlet crusade and right now they can claim the throne of lordaeron since
    The queen is gone
    The horde leaders are mostly gone
    The true heir is gone

    Interesting possibility of a prepatch

  12. #27552
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    even blizzard devs not on WoW know the name of the expac, there's zero chance you played an internal build and don't know the name

    Also Ion has said they wanted crossfaction to be in 9.2 but it proved to be too difficult to get out that early and was pushed back to 9.2.5
    Knowing the name of the expansion isn't necessary to make it unless you are designing the logo and such though. The devs would know the stuff directly pertaining to whatever they are making, but the name and logo is never really mentioned in-game.

    Random developers wouldn't really have needed to know that this expansion was called Shadowlands just because that is where the expansion took place. It could just as easily been called Veil of Shadows, or Deaths Reckoning, or something equally out there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #27553
    Why do people here ignore that Turalyon literally said "I'm going to reclaim other holdings of the Alliance of Lordaeron"? New story developments in Lordaeron are inevitable and taken for granted.

    No this doesn't mean that Turalyon will start some kind of war btw, especially since Ion literally said the time of faction wars is over and cited Genn (and not Turalyon) as example of some Alliance drama they could explore.

    It just means that in 10.0 we could see an Alliance effort to reclaim former lands of Lordaeron, which belong to no one btw. Since the Forsaken fled like cowards and abandoned their own lands.

    It's basically free real estate for Turalyon. With the Forsaken gone, Lordaeron is no longer off-limits.

    What is more interesting than an Alliance vs. Forsaken (the throng of refugees that are left lol) conflict, is an Alliance vs. Scarlet conflict. Would the zealots of the Crusade embrace or reject Turalyon, one of the original Paladins and heroes of the old Alliance, as well as nobleman of Lordaeron?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-03-08 at 10:28 AM.

  14. #27554
    Two terrible expansions in a row - BfA and Shadowlands.

    They really need it to hit it out of the park with next expansion.

    Some immediate, easy improvements would be getting rid of Hazzikostas and Danuser.

  15. #27555
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Two terrible expansions in a row - BfA and Shadowlands.

    They really need it to hit it out of the park with next expansion.

    Some immediate, easy improvements would be getting rid of Hazzikostas and Danuser.
    And replace them with who, exactly? Danuser yes, he's a complete clown, but there is no one more qualified for a game director than Ion atm - unless you promote Holinka. I absolutely don't want to see some random diversity hire take the reins and shit up the game even more. It's very easy to screech about replacing people, but what comes after when the replacement is even worse - have you considered that little nugget?

  16. #27556
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    And replace them with who, exactly? Danuser yes, he's a complete clown, but there is no one more qualified for a game director than Ion atm - unless you promote Holinka. I absolutely don't want to see some random diversity hire take the reins and shit up the game even more. It's very easy to screech about replacing people, but what comes after when the replacement is even worse - have you considered that little nugget?
    I'm not sure who would replace Ion, but one thing is clear after the past few expansions - people are done with 'World of Systemscraft'.

    What this game needs, nearly more than anything else right now, is a half-decent story again (or at least one that isn't completely terrible), so we can see how tied up the joint problem of Danuser and Hazzikostas is.

    As many others have said, Ion is fine in raid design. That's his lane, but he needs to stay in it.

    Who they should be replaced with is not our problem, but Blizzard's.

  17. #27557
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Two terrible expansions in a row - BfA and Shadowlands.

    They really need it to hit it out of the park with next expansion.

    Some immediate, easy improvements would be getting rid of Hazzikostas and Danuser.
    I honestly loved some aspects of BFA; mainly exploring Kul’Tiras, and Zandalar. I didn’t like the new races being locked behind rep walls, I didn’t like the overarching story, I didn’t like N’zoth or Azshara’s treatment, and I disliked the Azerite system.

    I did feel that BFA was way better than Shadowlands though.

  18. #27558
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    I'm not sure who would replace Ion, but one thing is clear after the past few expansions - people are done with 'World of Systemscraft'.

    What this game needs, nearly more than anything else right now, is a half-decent story again (or at least one that isn't completely terrible), so we can see how tied up the joint problem of Danuser and Hazzikostas is.

    As many others have said, Ion is fine in raid design. That's his lane, but he needs to stay in it.

    Who they should be replaced with is not our problem, but Blizzard's.
    It becomes our problem when the new person runs the game into the ground even harder. Danuser can probably be replaced with any RP-er from Argent Dawn though, they'd do a better job.

  19. #27559
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post



    It would be available though which is the main thing
    Only for NA and not for any other region.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  20. #27560
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Possible next expansions:

    Dragon Isles
    Lightbound Invasion
    Undermine
    Empire of Dragons

    Anything else?
    Dragon Isles and Empire of Dragons is the same thing.
    You forgot:
    Emerald Dream.
    Ancient Kalimdor.
    Light vs Void.
    Titan Homeworld.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why would it be the likeliest scenario? Blizzard obviously has more races and classes in the pipeline, so they have to release them at some point.
    Classes? As in plural?
    Races? As in they're not done?

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    TherewillbeDragon's leak. He mentions there is no new race or class.

    So far, his is the most compelling rumor because he actually predicted Cross Faction and specifically how it worked, 3 days before it was actually announced.
    If that turns out to be true, it would be extremely disappointing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Airship housing, a new continent, and a new class definitely sounds more interesting than the nothing being offered in that leak.
    That's not how it works, unfortunately.
    More interesting isn't more likely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, cross factions being a feature of the next expansion has been proven wrong. The leaker doesn’t want to reveal the name of the next expansion. The notion that Blizzard is considering a tank spec for Hunters when they’re struggling with the current three specs? C’mon man.
    Hunters used to wear bucklers before vanilla really solidified.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •