1. #27961
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its the dragonball arc that we got old villains to fight in the tournament, lmao, how low we have fallen
    From Game of Thrones to Dragon Ball!

  2. #27962
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,467
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Maybe Zovaal was the warden of something. Maybe there is something in the Maw that should not come in contact with Azeroth. At the same time, Azeroth is trapped in the physical universe.
    --------------------------------------

    At this rate, it seems that:
    - Sargeras is in prison.
    - Azshara is missing in action.
    - Nzoth and the other old god are destroyed?
    - I guess that Zovaal can be turned on again hahah

    I think we are going to ally with all the villains in the future to face the true enemy.
    And then we’ll ally with the true enemy to defeat the truer enemy. I will shelf the game if this happens (doubtful, unless the writers are stupid). I can do one other layer of power but not more.

  3. #27963
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why would they know anything about it? "world souls" is just the name, it's not like they have some special insight into souls in general. Their whole thing is finding titan eggs and terraforming planets to their own liking.

    The titans weren't even aware the Void was hanging out trying to break into their reality to consume everything by creating a void titan, why would they know all about the death end of the cosmic forces?
    Because Norgannon the Dreamweaver casts a spell to save the fragments of their Souls upon Sargeras' annihilating them.

    Edit: and don't the Titans/Keepers create ensouled beings with The Forge of Wills?

    and in the edit I made during your quoting, Aman'thul with mastery of Time, should be aware of the future including Zovaal's actions that threaten Azeroth.


    It's even said that "Time is not a construct of Death", so isn't Reality (where Time does exist) > Shadowlands in terms of "Real-Time' awareness/events? What happens in reality has to happen first to dictate anything happening in the Shadowlands?

    ie. A person has to die in reality-time for a Soul to go to the Shadowlands non-time.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2022-03-08 at 10:47 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

  4. #27964
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I can appreciate none of sylvanus in this cinematic, but holy shit it was still bad.

    If wow Thanos had those reasons why along, they could have you know, explained and worked that out across the expansion, so we actually knew him and had reasons to fight him, instead of big bad evil guy doing big bad evil stuff. It make no sense to hold until the very end of the straw to reveal this, now nobody fucking cares, is pointless. They making him a sargeras 2.0(He was trying to do the right thing, by the wrong means ) didn't help either.

    But what pisses me of the most is their way of storytelling based around the clifhangers, trying to build hype or i dunno what the fuck they want, such amateur level of writing, it was the same thing before with sylvanus saying "he cant reach the...." and fades out, and now, the fucker drops "for what is to come" and thats it.
    Man imagine a world where they had consistent pre-planned writing and everything with Sylvanas since Legion led cleanly into a Jailer that also cleanly had his motivations led out. That everything with the Horde, and trying to conquer Azeroth, and trying to feed souls into the Shadowlands, and trying to remake reality itself was a natural progression of "The First Ones' plan was broken, and our current state of constant warfare means we will either kill each other completely or be left so divided and vulnerable that a greater power out there would easily consume us."

    Then everything we've been doing becomes cast as the Mortal Races' conviction (and perhaps blind hope) that we can do better set against the resignation of those Immortal Pantheons that the system is doomed to failure and their desperation to try and remake it.

    Hey, that sounds like an actual compelling storyline.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  5. #27965
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Because Norgannon the Dreamweaver casts a spell to save the fragments of their Souls upon Sargeras' annihilating them.

    and in the edit I made during your quoting, Aman'thul with mastery of Time, should be aware of the future including Zovaal's actions that threaten Azeroth.
    Right but priests being able to cast ressurection doesn't mean that they know where dead people go when they die and the intricate details of how the realms of death are run. Even the Necromancers who actively wield death as a power don't know much about its realm, just like paladins don't know about what goes on in the plane of Light and druids don't know what goes on in the plane of Life. Titans are good at dealing with other titan stuff, including raising not yet born ones, purging the void from corrupted ones, and saving mostly dead ones. That doesn't mean they know a bunch about the void, or about death, or about where the titans came from prior to their birth.

    Prophecies are not all or nothing. We have no idea what Aman'thul's mastery entails. Clearly his time powers didn't give him enough foresight to know about the Void prior to Sargeras' discovery. It didn't give him the foresight to know what Sargeras was going to end up becoming, or that his confrontation with Sargeras was going to get the pantheon destroyed. He didn't know where other world souls could be found, he just went looking.

    So why would you assume that somehow he had exact knowledge of one potential threat out of dozens, tens if not hundreds of thousands of years ahead of time, including all the information about exactly where that threat came from and what it was doing and who it used to be friends with?

  6. #27966
    Lore aside, has anyone tried the jailer fight? Is it any good, Worth the last boss of expansion?

  7. #27967
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    So why would you assume that somehow he had exact knowledge of one potential threat out of dozens, tens if not hundreds of thousands of years ahead of time, including all the information about exactly where that threat came from and what it was doing and who it used to be friends with?
    Who said anything about assuming. I'm doubting what's told and asking questions, for the sake of my enjoyment of the story.

    Not here to try to say these are facts, so what's the riding for. You want me to be sobered and sad about the state of the game too?
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

  8. #27968
    The end of BFA and the SL story were actually a vision of a potential future thrown at us by N'Zoth who isn't dead at all. He has used the time we were "dreaming" to free C'Thun/Yogg and take over Azeroth.

    Yep. That makes much more sense. Now let's get back to something better Steve.

  9. #27969
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Man imagine a world where they had consistent pre-planned writing and everything with Sylvanas since Legion led cleanly into a Jailer that also cleanly had his motivations led out. That everything with the Horde, and trying to conquer Azeroth, and trying to feed souls into the Shadowlands, and trying to remake reality itself was a natural progression of "The First Ones' plan was broken, and our current state of constant warfare means we will either kill each other completely or be left so divided and vulnerable that a greater power out there would easily consume us."

    Then everything we've been doing becomes cast as the Mortal Races' conviction (and perhaps blind hope) that we can do better set against the resignation of those Immortal Pantheons that the system is doomed to failure and their desperation to try and remake it.

    Hey, that sounds like an actual compelling storyline.
    that would require a competent writing team without Danuser, without him making legion-bfa-shadowlands sylvanas trilogy, so they would have to actually try to write something for the long run.

    But hey, Danuser is just trying to fix afrasiabi mistakes am i right, it was all his fault

  10. #27970
    High Overlord uzira's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    147
    Guys the new big threat is the cosmic serpent that was teased by the Brokers and the azeroth doomsayers

  11. #27971
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that would require a competent writing team without Danuser, without him making legion-bfa-shadowlands sylvanas trilogy, so they would have to actually try to write something for the long run.

    But hey, Danuser is just trying to fix afrasiabi mistakes am i right, it was all his fault
    "Everything is Danuser's fault!"
    "I can't believe they're saying everything is Afrasiabi's fault!"

  12. #27972
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "Everything is Danuser's fault!"
    "I can't believe they're saying everything is Afrasiabi's fault!"
    i commend the tentative of strawman, but it wasn't good enough.

  13. #27973
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Was it ever explained why the Soul Forge was built? Like why would the Titans build a forge to extract Azeroth's soul? Is it to destroy her if she becomes too corrupted?

  14. #27974
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i commend the tentative of strawman, but it wasn't good enough.
    Not a strawman, you literally tried to blame Danuser for a three expansion arc in the same post where you pointed out the absurdity of blaming a single person for story mistakes.

  15. #27975
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    The end of BFA and the SL story were actually a vision of a potential future thrown at us by N'Zoth who isn't dead at all. He has used the time we were "dreaming" to free C'Thun/Yogg and take over Azeroth.

    Yep. That makes much more sense. Now let's get back to something better Steve.
    I have a feeling that 10.0 is largely going to pick up where BFA left off.

  16. #27976
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not a strawman, you literally tried to blame Danuser for a three expansion arc in the same post where you pointed out the absurdity of blaming a single person for story mistakes.
    Again, i didn't, i said the writing team and him, because he was aprt of the writing team, read again.

    What happen in shadowlands is entirely his fault, but, previous "rumors" claimed he was just trying to fix afrasiabi mistakes.

  17. #27977
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Again, i didn't, i said the writing team and him, because he was aprt of the writing team, read again.

    What happen in shadowlands is entirely his fault, but, previous "rumors" claimed he was just trying to fix afrasiabi mistakes.
    That's not what you typed though?
    without him making legion-bfa-shadowlands sylvanas trilogy
    Him is a singular pronoun. Did you mean to type "them"? Also, lmao
    What happen in shadowlands is entirely his fault
    I appreciate you doubling down and proving my exact point. Thank you.

  18. #27978
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Again, i didn't, i said the writing team and him, because he was aprt of the writing team, read again.

    What happen in shadowlands is entirely his fault, but, previous "rumors" claimed he was just trying to fix afrasiabi mistakes.
    No, you didn't. You said "a writing team without danuser", which implies that you're blaming everything on him.

  19. #27979
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Was it ever explained why the Soul Forge was built? Like why would the Titans build a forge to extract Azeroth's soul? Is it to destroy her if she becomes too corrupted?
    The Forge of Souls was built by Arthas and the scourge.
    It's not a titan facility.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  20. #27980
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, you didn't. You said "a writing team without danuser", which implies that you're blaming everything on him.
    Steve's narrative lead on WoW so if shit sucks then he's to blame, makes sense, no?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •