10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Here’s another fun difference between Azeroth and the other Titans

Sargeras and Argus had sargerite and Argunite
    Neither of which was from them bleeding unlike azerite. Azerite also effected the intelligence of the people who were exposed but we don’t see that on Argus. Magni is a speaker for Azeroth but Azeroth gave him a vision of the sword and Sargeras…not even the Titan of time could see the future and the only forces that seemed to have that ability were the light and void.

I’m also wondering why the Titans have placed so many facilities and watchers here when they seemingly haven’t done so with other world souls.

Guarantee they are going the way of the immortals and Azeroth ain’t the good guy and we have to stop her from waking up
    Azeroth is already corrupted maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    No. That's a baseless misunderstanding people had for some reason. It makes no implication of that.

Ah ok. Thank you for info. Funny tho since your forum "title" is Dreadlord. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    I’m also wondering why the Titans have placed so many facilities and watchers here when they seemingly haven’t done so with other world souls.
    You don't know that for sure. The only two world souls we've seen have been Argus & Azeroth & Argus was the first time they were like "Oh fuck entities are going to try to corrupt these"

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Azeroth is already corrupted maybe?
    I’m thinking she’s a rogue first one

I’m also intrigued about why Argus went to the SL instead of the realm of order and why that was too much for the arbiter if Titans were below the eternal ones in rank

I’m sticking by my theory that those two are first ones with Argus being the First Unmaker and Azeroth being the first creation. In those war book Alleria sees Argus and he has memories from before time meaning he has memories from before the titan of time which in that universe or plane would only be a first one

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly the first ones are just two

Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    Empire of Dragons.. could be but after those final boss cinematics churning up Azeroth core with the soul forge, I’m hopeful that the next expac will be heading ‘into’ Azeroth. There’s a Lot of content to explore there between void, azerite, nerubians, undermine, lots of possibility.
    After going back and reading the What's Next announcement again for World of Warcraft, I can't help but think that you are right. Especially when the announcement says this.

On April 19, the World of Warcraft development team will reveal the next expansion. We’re excited to show you what we've been working on and where your adventures IN Azeroth will go next.

It could be a play on words but why wouldn't they have just said "on" instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Does anyone think this will be announced on April 19th;

??????

It seems to be the last leak not thoroughly debunked.
    I brushed this leak off before, but now thinking about it, the ‘Azeroth’ portion of this logo has a huge crack in it from the top. The top being where Northrend is. And we just saw a cinematic where the top of Azeroth was pulverised by the Jailer.

This logo came out before the cinematic.

So therefore it seems way too coincidental that the logo with a crack in Azeroth also seemingly matches up with the events from the Jailer cinematic.

So whilst I was sceptical at first, if any leak is legit, I think it would be this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    WoD was the last time i enjoyed the traveling, including non-flying, or at least could easily tolerate it. Zones were designed old-fashioned, and in a good way.
    This moment when i went into Spires of Arak, and run under the trees, listening to quiet ambient, just to see this, was one of the moments that i will remember forever, AND i still visit it occasionally just to run around and embrace the atmosphere and gorgeous landscapes.

Starting with the Legion Blizzard went into vertical and tight zones, focused on rush. You rush because you want to get free from doing ground shit, get rid of annoyingly designed levels. Blizzard does it purposefully to artificially increase the size of the carrot that the ability to fly is.
    Spires is definitely an underappreciated zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    After going back and reading the What's Next announcement again for World of Warcraft, I can't help but think that you are right. Especially when the announcement says this.

On April 19, the World of Warcraft development team will reveal the next expansion. We’re excited to show you what we've been working on and where your adventures IN Azeroth will go next.

It could be a play on words but why wouldn't they have just said "on" instead?
    It just means "your adventures in game". They have used the phrase for a long time. Like how they use "See you in the Nexus" as "see you in game" for HotS. Your adventures in the world of Azeroth, not your adventures literally inside the planet Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It just means "your adventures in game". They have used the phrase for a long time. Like how they use "See you in the Nexus" as "see you in game" for HotS. Your adventures in the world of Azeroth, not your adventures literally inside the planet Azeroth.
    I’m with Hitei on the interpretation of « in Azeroth », although I must say an underground expansion would be most welcome and unexpected, potentially connecting very well to events of 9.2 and BFA, with a lot of possible narrative tropes. Nerubians, Elementals, Tinkers, Undermine, Azeroth and Sargeras’ sword… this could be quite interesting!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    I brushed this leak off before, but now thinking about it, the ‘Azeroth’ portion of this logo has a huge crack in it from the top. The top being where Northrend is. And we just saw a cinematic where the top of Azeroth was pulverised by the Jailer.

So therefore it seems way too coincidental that the logo with a crack in Azeroth also seemingly matches up with the events from the Jailer cinematic.

So whilst I was sceptical at first, if any leak is legit, I think it would be this one.
    empire of dragons is too old to be true. Expansion is 100% about dragons but this is not this one

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    empire of dragons is too old to be true. Expansion is 100% about dragons but this is not this one
    Just the logo could have been made ages ago a d leaded that way. Nothing about this leak cycle is on any way normal, so just a logo leaking would make sense, especially considering it's only early compared to the massively delayed expansion announcement.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Just the logo could have been made ages ago a d leaded that way. Nothing about this leak cycle is on any way normal, so just a logo leaking would make sense, especially considering it's only early compared to the massively delayed expansion announcement.
    Well that’s the thing, in a normal timeline, the expansion would have been announced in November and we would probably be starting beta soon. Things like logos would have been done way in advance of an unveiling. It’s possible that the logo was done to hit the November target or in this case February target (with Blizzconline), so it doesn’t seem unreasonable that the logo would leak on its own.

I’m still not completely convinced that this logo is real but rather than dismiss it like I have done before, after looking at the logo again, specifically the globe… with extra context from the cinematic, it made me wonder a bit more. I still don’t think it’s real as Empire of Dragons to me sounds like a silly name for an expansion but then again we have had Warlords of Draenor and Battle for Azeroth, so who knows!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    What about Vol'jin ? We still have to wait another xpac to see the end of his story ? Iirc he's in Ardenweald, with the Spirit of Rezan and ... that's it.
    Exactly. How long does it take for a Loa to be 'grown'? And are we going to see Mueh'zala again?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    What I would give for a bard class
    Ye lets hit boars with a music note or a gitar instead of some sick axe or sword.

Bard sounds lame as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    We're not going to get any of the leaks as an expansion. Better be prepared for something very different with snippets of different leaks sprinkled here and there blizzard style. Like legion was with argus expansion or bfa with pirates, south seas, nagas and old gods.
    I don't think it's so much "sprinkled" as the leaks being so broad that if Blizzard tried to avoid all of them, they'd end up not having enough material for an expansion.

99% chance that it is an expansion about Dragons and the Void.

1% chance that it is a meme expansion like MoP.

0% chance that it is an expansion set on another planet/dimension, because that's suicidal after Shadowlands. It's straight admission from Blizzard that they don't give a single fuck about player feedback.

0% chance of an expansion about a faction war because Ion said there will never, EVER, be another faction war. Although Genn Greymane (the king of Gilneas) is poised to become a problematic character for the Alliance, this was also stated by the Game Director Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

0% chance that it is an expansion set on another planet/dimension, because that's suicidal after Shadowlands. It's straight admission from Blizzard that they don't give a single fuck about player feedback.

0% chance of an expansion about a faction war because Ion said there will never, EVER, be another faction war. Although Genn Greymane (the king of Gilneas) is poised to become a problematic character for the Alliance, this was also stated by the Game Director Ion.
    So we're going to get an expansion on a different planet in another dimension where we must choose whether we want to support the Halliance or the Orde in their all-out faction war. Got it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

MoP is regarded as one of the best expansions with BC and WotLK.

It is time for you people to give up on your panda hate crusade.... I was also expecting a shit, and hey, I was wrong.. it turned out to be a damn good expansion in literally all regards.

10+ Year Old Account

That’s a good catch, since Northrend is the top of the planet, and that’s where Zovaal drained the world soul. I wonder what effect that soul drain had on Azeroth.

I also pointed out in another thread that we fought a vision of Wrathion being corrupted by the Old Gods and calling himself the Black Emperor, and we got a new Dragonflight in BFA. I do wonder if Wrathion would be the main antagonist in the next expansion. Perhaps getting manipulated by Xal’natath into believing that the factions are incapable of properly defending Azeroth, and that he has to take matters into his own hands?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-14 at 11:54 AM.

We already knew of the rough mechanics of the fight and that the globe had Northrend facing up.