The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Your standards must be really fucking low if replacing 2 letters in a word (which fucks up its rhytmn and makes it painful to pronounce on top of that) counts as "clever".
    I would love to see your tentative of coming up with something "clever" by playing with words. Replacing two letter is fine and still reflects to the two names, without something bizzare

if fucks up the rhytmn or is painful to prounce for you, maybe is something wrong with your accent and/or language, cause its totally fine to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Wouldn't it be equally clever if it was just an island themed after the Galapagos and it was called something else that sounds better to pronounce in normal conversation?
    Seems totally ok to pronounce for me

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I would love to see your tentative of coming up with something "clever" by playing with words. Replacing two letter is fine and still reflects to the two names, without something bizzare

if fucks up the rhytmn or is painful to prounce for you, maybe is something wrong with your accent and/or language, cause its totally fine to me
    I've no issue with it. Ga-la-kar-os is pretty easy to pronounce.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I've no issue with it. Ga-la-kar-os is pretty easy to pronounce.
    Even if you do Ga-lá-ka-ros, is fine, rly can't see whats the big deal on it

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ye lets hit boars with a music note or a gitar instead of some sick axe or sword.

Bard sounds lame as hell
    As opposed to any healing class. Bard is one of the most popular D&D classes. Not to mention the instrument two-handers are some of the most-sought transmogs in the game

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    As opposed to any healing class. Bard is one of the most popular D&D classes. Not to mention the instrument two-handers are some of the most-sought transmogs in the game
    I guess I am not one of those people then.

It doesn't, is a clever combination of galakrond and galapagos, as galapagos is a famous island related to "evolution" by Darwin, and would fit well the thematic of the expansion.

This is why i think is way over Danuser and his team league
    If you think "Galakaros" is clever, then I got bad news for you.

What ingenious location names are next? Antdragonica? Voidrope? Lightmudas? Papua New Draconea?

Galakaros is hilariously bad. It's a mouthful that doesn't flow naturally. The fact that it's a real place with just two characters changed out is just icing on the cake.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't, is a clever combination of galakrond and galapagos, as galapagos is a famous island related to "evolution" by Darwin, and would fit well the thematic of the expansion.

This is why i think is way over Danuser and his team league
    Arthasotarctica = clever people like you

Northend = stupid WoW writers beneath your league

But congratulations on making most douchy comment I saw in this thread, that's big achievement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

NorthRend = stupid WoW writers beneath your league

But congratulations on making most douchy comment I saw in this thread, that's big achievement.
    TFW you try to make a point and misspell the name...
    Northrend is North + Rend
    And the example you gave wouldn't make sense due to it being there and named before Arthas. Also you are going way overboard to what OP said.

OPs example is closer to stuff we already have ingame from older lore, since WoW lore since the beginning wasn't original mostly but a mashup of other franchises with a twist.

The old god names, titan keeper names are first things that come to mind about the word play by changing some letter or similar. I mean even the name of the planet is based on that.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Your standards must be really fucking low if replacing 2 letters in a word (which fucks up its rhytmn and makes it painful to pronounce on top of that) counts as "clever".
    Pretty ironic considering you believe adding on an extra syllable to a word makes it too complicated to pronounce.

There's an old idiom, I believe it has something to do with stones and glass houses?

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on, have you seen your response to his comment which actually isn't even douchy!?

Some people are so tone deaf.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    TFW you try to make a point and misspell the name....
    And? It would be embarassing if I would make fun of his grammar. I was making fun of person thinking he's "league above" people working on Blizzard cause he can mash two words together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    If you think "Galakaros" is clever, then I got bad news for you.
    If you don't think its clever its entirely on your lack of imagination fam, this is fantasy and a nice play with words,
    What ingenious location names are next? Antdragonica? Voidrope? Lightmudas? Papua New Draconea?
    Nice tentative of appeal to ridcule fallacy, but its as weak as your previous argument.

It's a mouthful that doesn't flow naturally..
    seems like this is a "american" problem, not surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

>says i did the most douchy comment
    >proced to be even more douchy

is this what they call poetry? lmao

Northrend is a combination of north and rend, is also clever, nothing absurd, never said it was bad, so your are also using a strawman fallacy here, making your comment even more douchy.

seems like this is a "american" problem, not surprised.
    I honestly have no problem pronouncing it—maybe it's just because I'm from Louisiana and naturally more inclined towards pronouncing larger, more polysyllabic words with more ease due to that being commonplace in place names here, but I'm really not so sure that's even the case. Most people can pronounce "Galapagos" no problem, probably even say it ten times fast (I certainly can), so I don't see the issue with the same word with a very slight alteration. It even sounds like preexisting, commonplace words—it's phonetically similar to saying "glucose".

10+ Year Old Account
    I do fully expect Wrathion to be the next "pushed" character in the game. He has... potential.

Perhaps a mixture of the character that serves the purpose Lorewalker Cho/Khadgar/Magni/Bolvar has served in their respective expansions, and a mixture of being the next "Sylvanas" character that gets all of the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I do fully expect Wrathion to be the next "pushed" character in the game. He has... potential.

Perhaps a mixture of the character that serves the purpose Lorewalker Cho/Khadgar/Magni/Bolvar has served in their respective expansions, and a mixture of being the next "Sylvanas" character that gets all of the spotlight.
    I'd figure there's a possibility it's the latter, but given his personality isn't so much the nice pair of personalities that Sylvanas has, it shouldn't be so dramatic. (In that connection, I would especially love for a female character to get to take that role without becoming a Coomer Black Hole). I figure that he does have a good enough personality to carry us and will be closer to a Khadgar than a Bolvar—unless he sheds his personality entirely, he has a remotely interesting personality that even WoW writers can make adequate use of. He was amusing enough in BfA and a slightly more coherent narrative could make very good use of a guy like him. He could be very fun to have as an expansion cover.

That, and he has an actual arc to resolve that we could get a lot out of.

7+ Year Old Account
    The old god names, titan keeper names are first things that come to mind about the word play by changing some letter or similar. I mean even the name of the planet is based on that.
    What? are you telling me C'thun have something to do with C'thulu? or Loken and Odyn are supposed to be Loki and Odin? :OOOOOO

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s actually easy to pronounce, the way it looks is throwing some people off. Galakaros doesn’t get any less clever than Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I can't tell if this is a "human potential" knock because of Anduin adjacency but I love it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I like the Ashes of Galakaros leak (and seriously, it's not hard to pronounce), I think Empire of Dragons is the more likely expansion. I simply buy the notion of a logo being a leak than a highly detailed description of every nook and cranny of the next expansion.

OPs example is closer to stuff we already have ingame from older lore, since WoW lore since the beginning wasn't original mostly but a mashup of other franchises with a twist.

I was about to make that same exact point. On Galakaros: discrediting that name because it sounds too much like a real one is ignoring YEARS of Blizzard copy-pasting real life mythological/historical names and changing one letter about it. They get away with it everytime.

And as far as made up names go, if they can get away with a name like Pandaria, Galakaros is definitely still in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As much as I like the Ashes of Galakaros leak, I think Empire of Dragons is the more likely expansion. I simply buy the notion of a logo being a leak than a highly detailed description of every nook and cranny of the next expansion.
    I still think that logo is fake. It looks good, but the style is way off what was done with the past three expansions logos. It looks like a beautiful logo that might have been made in the WotLK/Cataclysm/Mop era, it doesn't have those ultra-HD and edgier elements Legion, Bfa and SL brought. I know obviously the "allegedly" leaked logo is low resolution, but you can see in the style that even in HD, it wouldn't match to that very detailed style we've been getting recently. So either they've departed from that and that logo is real (in this case, I'm plain wrong), or it is indeed a fake (but it will still be a very well made one).

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ye lets hit boars with a music note or a gitar instead of some sick axe or sword.

Bard sounds lame as hell
    That's not how I picture bards, but eh, to each their own! I'd love for it to be a support class, away from the hero class concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Galakaros is definitely still in the race.
    It's interesting that I haven't seen more buzz about this comment from Jericho last night on the Ashes of Galakaros leak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    ....and there it is
    after about a month or so of silence, their last post being:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    I've been given the general gist, yeah. Sharing? Not a chance in hell. Not going through that again.
    Now you'd think that after having said they're not sharing, that commenting on AoG's legitimacy would contradict that.

Which I think tells us either;
    A: Galakaros is fake, and Jericho is throwing us off because they know what 10.0 is. (They've been known to throw red herrings since Legion leak.)
    B: Galakaros is real, Jericho knows something this time again and is willing to legitimize the leak without fear of consequence.
    C: Galakaros is fake/real who knows, and Jericho doesn't know either. Playing w/ us.
    D: They were referring to Teriz' Dragontinker proc

Leaning towards A or C or D myself.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2022-03-14 at 05:32 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!