The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Admittedly, using red herrings to fuel the Old Gods' schemes isn't a bad idea. It fits, since they are the sorts to drive people insane—making you question reality by giving true and false statements in the same encounter is definitely what they'd do.
    Yeah for N'Zoth especially, whose entire endgame was basically "drive everyone to mistrust and confusion via visions of falsehoods" it makes perfect sense that he'd potentially try and turn you against the World Soul by making you think it was Him.

Of course then we'd have an expansion that wasn't all about Sylvanas and we can't do that.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah for N'Zoth especially, whose entire endgame was basically "drive everyone to mistrust and confusion via visions of falsehoods" it makes perfect sense that he'd potentially try and turn you against the World Soul by making you think it was Him.

Of course then we'd have an expansion that wasn't all about Sylvanas and we can't do that.
    Imagine Battle for Azeroth as a proper war expansion. The tone would be very dark, and there would be this undercurrent of N'Zoth's environment—player choice would be incentivized in a way that alters the story, but often has unclear answers to make players make hasty decisions out of paranoia to show how dangerous N'Zoth is. Over time, we gradually come to see things others don't—think Bloodborne. Zones seem to change, mobs become Aberrations as we realize what reality is, and the horrors of war get increasingly worse as the Old Gods influence the war more and more. Eventually, even the ending would be vague. Rather than a wink from Blizzard and a terrible laser beam, we would be left in confusion as to whether we even defeated N'Zoth or not, or if this is merely the beginning of the worst. Either way, it would create an atmosphere of paranoia and (deliberate) confusion that would open up interesting things for the future—it would be a far more interesting cliffhanger than the endless "got you by the balls!" storytelling we've had thus far, and would be something we can enjoy in the moment more.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Yeah remember the kara updates and Uther’s tomb updates that we got told were just “a single person’s little passion project”
    I didn't buy what they were trying to sell and good thing too because they were doing it to throw us off the trail.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    That sounds like the sort of thing that 95% of the playerbase would hate but Reddit would convince themselves is totally the only way to tell a story and then throw hissy fits when people point out how no one wants that.
    I'd imagine 99.9% would also have no idea what actually happened. Admittedly, that's not much different from the norm.

Every time a new class was added as feature of an expansion, it fitted thematically into the expansion: Dks to Wrath, Monks to Mop, DHs to legion.
    The thing about tinkers, what would be the theme of the xpack they're part of? Arthas was a death knight, Illidan is a demon hunter, so it makes sense for a hero class to be like them. Even monks who are not a hero class, fit will to Pandaren culture, martial arts, zen meditation etc. Many great Pandaren were/are monks.

I don't see any of this in any of the proposed leaks. Who are the great lore characters that are tinkers that are equal in importance and coolness to Arthas and Illidan?
    It just doesen't make any sense. Tinkers are just not cool enough to be a selling point to an xpack.
    All these leaks are vaguely dragon themed or void/light themed, with tinkers just slapped atop. That's not how Blizzard does things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomba the Shaman View Post
    Every time a new class was added as feature of an expansion, it fitted thematically into the expansion: Dks to Wrath, Monks to Mop, DHs to legion.
    The thing about tinkers, what would be the theme of the xpack they're part of? Arthas was a death knight, Illidan is a demon hunter, so it makes sense for a hero class to be like them. Even monks who are not a hero class, fit will to Pandaren culture, martial arts, zen meditation etc. Many great Pandaren were/are monks.

I don't see any of this in any of the proposed leaks. Who are the great lore characters that are tinkers that are equal in importance and coolness to Arthas and Illidan?
    It just doesen't make any sense. Tinkers are just not cool enough to be a selling point to an xpack.
    All these leaks are vaguely dragon themed or void/light themed, with tinkers just slapped atop. That's not how Blizzard does things.
    That is generally my concern. Nothing seems interwoven to the theme. Every class fits the theme perfectly, which is also what makes me doubtful of Tinkers. The only environment in which they would be perfectly-suited would be an Undermine expansion, which I doubt we'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Despite finding that hilarious and feeling vindicated, I'm gonna be the one to ask for actual hard evidence, since anyone could claim to have been the one behind a leak and that it's fake.

Do you have the higher res version? or the PSD?
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Excellent. This is quite amazing, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    @Totally Not Dragons

So much of 'reaching about Naarus', eh?
    I guess
    Honestly the border stuff seemed too different

- - - Updated - - -

It was made in Photoshop. Ok, so I used the classic vanilla logo as the reference point for the border and Shadowlands' logo for the "WoW" text (tweaked the colors etc). I handpainted the border, some parts are inspired by a Naaru but the rest I just winged. The starry background is just a photo of the sky.
    Kudos
    The globe is my favorite part

I don't know whether to appreciate the artistry or curse you for giving hope to the dragonposters. Both is doable.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    That logo was fantastically made and you did an awesome job, but I'm glad it isn't real 'cause the name and the color pattern just weren't appealing to my tastes personallly. :^

Oh well, time to wait until the next big leak.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

That’s hilarious. Congrats on a fun and realistic looking leak!

One question. Why? What compelled you to do it? And what was the desired outcome?

That sounds like the sort of thing that 95% of the playerbase would hate but Reddit would convince themselves is totally the only way to tell a story and then throw hissy fits when people point out how no one wants that.
    Truly, what better plot than to follow a character no one unironically likes anymore through a sequence of increasingly-contrived cliffhangers and makeshift story swerves made solely from the cardboard cutouts of preexisting lore? Obviously, the only way to tell stories is to bulldoze everything else that preexists and simultaneously assume your viewers are goldfish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    That’s hilarious. Congrats on a fun and realistic looking leak!

One question. Why? What compelled you to do it? And what was the desired outcome?
    Realistically, just for amusement, which is something I definitely get. We needed hopium, and he came to our rescue.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Very cool and very well done! Thanks for confirming what some of us suspected all along.

Appreciated!

WoW players are goldfish. They can't handle shit.
    I'll actually concede there, given that people are still convinced that Le Big Funni Retcon Man Mal'Ganis was retconned into being all dungeon bosses evar!!! because of a sequence of teensy-tiny references in the form of briefly transforming into dungeon bosses, something which has existed in several other encounters.

Nevertheless, even assuming it may be true, I figure it may be worthwhile to assume that consumers are intelligent. Perhaps I simply don't have enough of a complete disregard for the intelligence of an audience to be a modern writer.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-03-14 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I was thinking as a class idea, not as a concept—I suppose I should've also specified "absurd" rather than "stupid". Again, as I've said ad nauseum, I'm all for it, but it basically confirms nor denies nothing.
    Well that's problematic too, because we have Goblins and Gnomes running around in giant robot armor in the game. Don't see why making that playable would be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well that's problematic too, because we have Goblins and Gnomes running around in giant robot armor in the game. Don't see why making that playable would be absurd.
    I figure it's mostly putting them front-and-center. I also find the aesthetics a little hard to reconcile with other extant classes, and as aforementioned, I don't see any class being added unless it really fits the theme. Unless we get a shocking swerve Undermine expansion out of nowhere or maybe a very specific world revamp, I don't know why we'd get Tinker.

Ok so the mount hint we have for the next expansion is the red cat
    It’s definitely a wonderland reference
    Has ties to Blood elves
    I’m not going to reach about the colors beyond scarlet crusade
    So my theory

The final patch did cause screwy things on Azeroth and our return is like Alice returning in through the looking glass. The schroedinger’s cat mount is because the world didn’t know if we were dead or alive. The scarlet crusade will be there and have support in the time we’ve been gone. Gonna say there will be a dragon because of the wonderland tie so a dragon which would be the black dragon behind the scarlet crusade. The red queen could be seen as the head of the scarlet and the white queen would be Calia. The blood elf connection could be due to Alleria and her void issues and the unfinished story threads of “will the blood elves go back to the alliance?” From MoP

I can’t let myself believe in galakaros because that name is too dumb and even if Jericho supports it he was caught last leak season bullshitting about a dragon expansion with a new AP system then being hunted down by blizzard legal. Also we got told DH wasn’t launched until legion because they want to match the theme…how does tinker match dragon?

I don’t use the steamscale because it wasn’t the last mount. I don’t use the zodiac mounts. The dragon bundle is a possible hint but has no previously established pattern unlike the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomba the Shaman View Post
    Underground expansion to heal the world soul and discover the hidden wonders within Azeroth. Jumping-off point being Undermine and a reclaimed Gnomeregan.

They don't need to be as important as Arthas or Illidan, they just need to be as important and cool as Chen. Gazlowe and Mekkatorque are about equal level of importance and coolness as Chen Stormstout, so we're good.

That's an opinion. There are a lot of players who enjoy technology-themed classes, and WoW does not have a technology class in its lineup. That addition could draw in new or former players.