1. #28881
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    In this case, the last AoC just shares theme with the raid, so it doesn't seem to hint at the next expansion, but we have other hints:
    - The blue phoenix on the store, and the red one datamined at the same time. The birds on ZM seem to be "prototypes" of them.
    - Cats similar to the one in the store.
    - Wombats. I doubt wombatas they are just made for ZM, and they seem to be "prototypes" of the ones we'll see.
    - Axolotls. Same as wombats.

    We also have the hint at the transmogs: they released the sprite transmog with the SL pre-patch. To me, it feels like a discarded concept for an Ardenweald armor set.
    So what if the stargazer transmog is also a discarded concept for the next expansion?
    Honestly my bet would be way more on the Phoenix being an asset used in 10.0 than the steamscale dragon.

    Also, the story mount never really revealed the theme, just a model of a mob used in one zone. Manasaber wasn't Legion but something relating to Suramar, Dreamer wasn't SL related but just one subzone of one zone (Do the dragons even get used during questing? I cant remember). Closest we had IMO as a hint based on mounts were to 4 Falcosaurs in like 7.2 or something, having new dinos out of the blue hinting at trolls. But then again that was relating to troll zones, not a Faction War or Old Gods
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  2. #28882
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Didn't jericho claim for also to have a leak for BfA or SL that proved to be fake?
    Yep
    He claimed that 9.0 would be shadowlands but dragon based with dragon heart as the new AP system and tinker as a class

  3. #28883
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Yep
    He claimed that 9.0 would be shadowlands but dragon based with dragon heart as the new AP system and tinker as a class
    No shock. Most "leakers" are of poor credibility, especially the ones who engage too much.

  4. #28884
    Christ, we're back to "this class can't work for X reason or because I like Y class more"

    Anything can work, any justification can be made, it's absolutely stupid to argue anything on those grounds. The only plausible argument to make is why one thing could work better, but saying something can't work is absolutely stupid.

  5. #28885
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Dude you have nothing to support that a mount released after an announcement has something to do with the next expansion
    I thought we agreed that the next expansion is dragon-based correct?

    Then at the VERY least a Dragon mount should be a hint of said dragon-based expansion. You're simply dismissing it because it's mechanical.

    The artifact Demon Soul is a dragon artifact
    Actual demon souls aren’t
    Its a call-back to the original dragon soul.

    The pet was released later
    With the exact same skin as the Steamscale.

    Just take a breath and stop trying to force connections
    It's a mechanical dragon released at the end of an expansion filled with technology class and dragon hints. What connections do I need to force?

  6. #28886
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If you think the store mount is the only clue, you haven't been paying attention.
    No sorry, even in your ramblings I've never seen it hinted that GNOME ENGINEERS can make -actually- "authentic Dragon Souls"

    ARE YOU SERIOUSLY suggesting that Tinkers individually will be as powerful as the 5 Dragon Aspects combined!? AND then the power DW granted it when it became a Demon Soul?

    The fact that you just replied to my post there seriously shows just how completely unpracticed you are in the art of self doubt.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

  7. #28887
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    No sorry, even in your ramblings I've never seen it hinted that GNOME ENGINEERS can make -actually- "authentic Dragon Souls"
    You do know that the original Demon/Dragon Soul was constructed by Goblin artificers/engineers led by a Goblin named Meklo correct?

  8. #28888
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Thank you to everyone for helping to push above 1500 pages to make my prediction true!

  9. #28889
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Honestly my bet would be way more on the Phoenix being an asset used in 10.0 than the steamscale dragon.

    Also, the story mount never really revealed the theme, just a model of a mob used in one zone. Manasaber wasn't Legion but something relating to Suramar, Dreamer wasn't SL related but just one subzone of one zone (Do the dragons even get used during questing? I cant remember). Closest we had IMO as a hint based on mounts were to 4 Falcosaurs in like 7.2 or something, having new dinos out of the blue hinting at trolls. But then again that was relating to troll zones, not a Faction War or Old Gods
    Honestly the steamscale has zero meaning

  10. #28890
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Christ, we're back to "this class can't work for X reason or because I like Y class more"

    Anything can work, any justification can be made, it's absolutely stupid to argue anything on those grounds. The only plausible argument to make is why one thing could work better, but saying something can't work is absolutely stupid.
    Eh... it's fair to say that given the history of Warcraft, some concepts make more sense than others. WoW classes in particular seem to require a high level of established lore before being implemented as classes.

  11. #28891
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You do know that the original Demon/Dragon Soul was constructed by Goblin artificers/engineers led by a Goblin named Meklo correct?
    Yea you're right, Goblins really should get back to their Slave Roots.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

  12. #28892
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Honestly my bet would be way more on the Phoenix being an asset used in 10.0 than the steamscale dragon.
    Interesting... I thought we all agreed that dragons would be a major part of the next expansion. When did that change?

  13. #28893
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Honestly my bet would be way more on the Phoenix being an asset used in 10.0 than the steamscale dragon.

    Also, the story mount never really revealed the theme, just a model of a mob used in one zone. Manasaber wasn't Legion but something relating to Suramar, Dreamer wasn't SL related but just one subzone of one zone (Do the dragons even get used during questing? I cant remember). Closest we had IMO as a hint based on mounts were to 4 Falcosaurs in like 7.2 or something, having new dinos out of the blue hinting at trolls. But then again that was relating to troll zones, not a Faction War or Old Gods
    True.
    With the (probable) preorder mount though next xpac is going to have dragons play some bigger role most likely.

    Though there’s always the chance that the mount effects that were datamined isn’t for a preorder at all and is just another store mount or a mount from something in 9.2.5 akin to the chromie scenario in Legion or the cut Emerald Dreamway murder mystery in BfA.

    Unless there’s actual proof I missed saying that it’s actually a preorder mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

  14. #28894
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Honestly my bet would be way more on the Phoenix being an asset used in 10.0 than the steamscale dragon.

    Also, the story mount never really revealed the theme, just a model of a mob used in one zone. Manasaber wasn't Legion but something relating to Suramar, Dreamer wasn't SL related but just one subzone of one zone (Do the dragons even get used during questing? I cant remember). Closest we had IMO as a hint based on mounts were to 4 Falcosaurs in like 7.2 or something, having new dinos out of the blue hinting at trolls. But then again that was relating to troll zones, not a Faction War or Old Gods
    The feathered dragons are only referenced in ONE world quest (where you mount them and shoot at incoming flying gorms) and in the wildshape delivery. Outside of that, they are just there in the labirynt part of Ardenweald and they are all agressive (not neutral).

  15. #28895
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,975
    I am interested to see what the transmog set for the deluxe edition is. All datamining has found was a few encrypted wearables in a set.
    (Again assuming it’s for the deluxe edition/preorder)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

  16. #28896
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Unless we have confirmation the new scarlet leader pushing the false heir is a guy
    It's possible that when they were refering to the heir of Lordaeron they weren't being totally literal: They were talking about Turalyon, the oldest living human of the Lordaeron aristocracy. The next question would be "what was the point of this storyline?" Why were they sowing dissonance within Stormwind? Was it to set up that the Alliance rejects Anduin post-shadowlands? That they prefer Turalyon as a leader? That would put the Alliance & Horde in an interesting juxtaposition: The Alliance, led by union of Light & Void with Turalyon & Alleria, and the Horde led by the union of Day & Night, with Lor'themar & Thalyssria.

  17. #28897
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Interesting... I thought we all agreed that dragons would be a major part of the next expansion. When did that change?
    If you read the rest of my post you could see that I am not saying that dragons aren't the major part, I am just saying that the phoenix is a model that they might use in a zone/part of a zone. The store mounts never gave the main plot away. That is where post announcement Deluxe Edition mounts come in (Which for now as far as we know for 10.0 is in fact and Emerald Drake). The Steamscale mount is not released in the current expansion to be used as a hint, and if you were to read all the descriptions of all mounts in the store you could pull many threads about possible expansions.

    And especially if you looked at store mounts descriptions that were part of the following expansion:

    Dreamer - Nothing to do with Shadowlands or Ardenweald (BfA)
    An artist in the magical city of Dalaran fell asleep on her brush, and dreamed of painting a beautiful feathered dragon. Her artwork lept from the page, and when she awoke, she found it sleeping gently beside her.
    Vulpine Familiar (BfA) - Nothing to do with Shadowlands or Ardenweald
    A fiercely intelligent and curious species, these fox-like creatures have traveled the Great Dark Beyond and found their way to Azeroth. Drawn to Azeroth's champions, they seek adventure and companionship.
    Mystic Runesaber (WoD)- This one is closest because it mentions the Nether. But Leylines are pretty much just a Suramar and a bit of Azsuna thing. Still not Burning Legion themed
    Infused with arcane power, the Mystic Runesaber has long been hidden by chaotic nether energies. Recently they have emerged from the shadows in search of ley lines to sate their thirst for magic.


    As for the 2 possible creatures used in 10.0:
    Sapphire Skyblazer - not native to azeroth?
    These brilliant blue birds burn brighter (and hotter) than their orange cousins, though the origin of both remains a mystery.

    In-Game Store:
    It's not quite certain why Sapphire Skyblazers flocked to Azeroth, but what's known for sure is that they burn brighter (and hotter!) than any avian to ever soar across the skies.
    Sunwarmed Furline - enemies of birds on Azeroth
    The presence of the giant felines heralds the beginning of the end for the birds of Azeroth.

    So based on this I guess the next expansion is steering away from Faction conflict and is Birds vs Cats (didn't one of the leaks claim a catlike race?) /s
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  18. #28898
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They're mechanical dragons, thus they would be tied to a dragon expansion.
    But it's not a mount tied to any future expansion. That's the point.

    You're arbitrarily talking about a store mount that is unrelated to any future expansion. I mean you might as well start bringing up the Pirate ship mount and talking about that too, because it's got nothing to do with the future expansion tie in.

    There's only one mount and it's already datamined as being the one with the drakemountemerald_buff.

  19. #28899
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    But it's not a mount tied to any future expansion. That's the point.
    And you know this how exactly?

    You're arbitrarily talking about a store mount that is unrelated to any future expansion.
    Any future expansion that we know of.


    There's only one mount and it's already datamined as being the one with the drakemountemerald_buff.
    There's a history of WoW mounts and pets foreshadowing future content. In this case, we have both a mount and a pet.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    If you read the rest of my post you could see that I am not saying that dragons aren't the major part, I am just saying that the phoenix is a model that they might use in a zone/part of a zone. The store mounts never gave the main plot away. That is where post announcement Deluxe Edition mounts come in (Which for now as far as we know for 10.0 is in fact and Emerald Drake). The Steamscale mount is not released in the current expansion to be used as a hint, and if you were to read all the descriptions of all mounts in the store you could pull many threads about possible expansions.
    The difference here is that we got both a mount and a pet utilizing the same skin. There is a history of WoW mounts showing aspects of future content, and we have a history of pets outright foreshadowing future content (Pandaren Monk Pet WotLK). As I said in another post, in the case of the mechanical dragons, not only do we have a mount and a pet, but they're connected because the pet is the companion to the mount.

  20. #28900
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Eh... it's fair to say that given the history of Warcraft, some concepts make more sense than others. WoW classes in particular seem to require a high level of established lore before being implemented as classes.
    I know you aren't actually going to listen to what I say here, but they can create lore for any of these things at any time. Dev team changes hands, different concepts become popular, they can make whatever they want.

    "Monks" weren't a Warcraft 3 class, Brewmasters were, and outside of a joke pet and a quest, Pandaren were 0% established in WoW itself; over 95% of what WoW Monks are was created specifically within MoP. If there's even a nebulous concept and people like it, they'll work with it.

    You're gonna need to trust me on this, but it's not as cut and dry as you think.

    Besides, since your argument is typically against Bards, they can make direct references to the April Fools joke Bard if they want and go from there.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-03-15 at 12:32 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •