1. #28901
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    :P
    Beautiful. Just to put the final nail in the dragon coffin, all the stuff I posted was fake as well. Was gonna just do the one and done post, but got real lucky with the xfaction announcement so I figured I had to keep it going and made the stupid ms paint map, expecting that it would be laughed out of the thread. I made everything purposely boring to make it sound more realistic.

    I hope 10.0 blows all our pants off and makes everyone's leaks look bad.

  2. #28902
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    I know you aren't actually going to listen to what I say here, but they can create lore for any of these things at any time. Dev team changes hands, different concepts become popular, they can make whatever they want.

    "Monks" weren't a Warcraft 3 class, Brewmasters were, and outside of a joke pet and a quest, Pandaren were 0% established in WoW itself; over 70% of what WoW Monks are was created specifically within MoP. If there's even a nebulous concept and people like it, they'll work with it.

    You're gonna need to trust me on this, but it's not as cut and dry as you think.
    Uh what? Pandaren got quite a bit of lore from WC3;

    Hailing from the secretive Pandaren Empire, the mighty brewmasters travel the world in search of exotic ales and the finest brewed spirits. These affable warriors rarely seek out danger or trouble, preferring instead to spend their time concocting new and tasty beverages for any brave enough to imbibe them. However, if attacked, the laughing brewmasters bring all of their pandaren agility and ferocity to bear! They even bring their beer to war! They are peerless warriors and world class drinkers all in one![1]

    A warrior Hero, the brewmasters of Pandaria have emerged from the bamboo forests of their ancestors to bring their unique fighting style (and robust ales) to the highest bidder
    That's just from the Brewmaster hero.

    Then there was this;

    http://classic.battle.net/war3/pandaren/

    Some of those items should look familiar.

    Also if you follow this link;

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pandaren

    And skip down to the RPG, you get a load of more lore about the Pandaren, and all of that was BEFORE MoP. Blizzard used quite a bit of lore from that and the Brewmaster RPG class to build the eventual monk class.

    BTW, there was no Bard hero in WC3, and no Bard class in the TTRPG.

  3. #28903
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by therewillbedragons View Post
    Beautiful. Just to put the final nail in the dragon coffin, all the stuff I posted was fake as well. Was gonna just do the one and done post, but got real lucky with the xfaction announcement so I figured I had to keep it going and made the stupid ms paint map, expecting that it would be laughed out of the thread. I made everything purposely boring to make it sound more realistic.

    I hope 10.0 blows all our pants off and makes everyone's leaks look bad.
    Well, I would certainly say that today was a productive day indeed. We learned a lot about these "leaks" which can finally shine a light on some speculation. Excited for April 19th!

  4. #28904
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh what? Pandaren got quite a bit of lore from WC3;



    That's just from the Brewmaster hero.

    Then there was this;

    http://classic.battle.net/war3/pandaren/

    Some of those items should look familiar.
    This was literally an actual April fools joke btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  5. #28905
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    This was literally an actual April fools joke btw.
    An April Fool's joke that eventually turned into this;


  6. #28906
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    love the bad timing XD
    That timing made me laugh hardest of anything in this thread.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  7. #28907
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    An April Fool's joke that eventually turned into this;

    Concepts were adapted over from the joke for sure.
    Doesn’t mean the April Fools joke for WC3 has actual Pandaren lore.

    By that logic this also is lore.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bard_(April_Fools)

    And by that logic this is going to be a thing as well
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ogre_(April_Fools)

    Oh look, it even has backing in HotS with Cho’Gal, clearly they’re wanting two headed ogres to be playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  8. #28908
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Concepts were adapted over from the joke for sure.
    Doesn’t mean the April Fools joke for WC3 has actual Pandaren lore.

    By that logic this also is lore.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bard_(April_Fools)

    And by that logic this is going to be a thing as well
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ogre_(April_Fools)

    Oh look, it even has backing in HotS with Cho’Gal, clearly they’re wanting two headed ogres to be playable.
    Actually, if you read the April Fool's lore behind Pandaria and the actual history Blizzard used, they're extremely close. So yeah, Blizzard used quite a bit from the original April Fool's for WoW's Pandaren lore.

    In comparison, I have yet to see a Blood Elf playing a guitar Guitar-hero style in WoW.

  9. #28909
    Well as I thought when first posted, EoD was faked. Pretty sad to be honest, Empire of Dragons and Ashes of Galakaros both sounded pretty good, even if the first one was just a name. I'm hoping the real 10.0 is still something along those lines.

  10. #28910
    Let's not derail this thread about what can/will and can't/won't happen. Never is a long time.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

  11. #28911
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    An April Fool's joke that eventually turned into this;

    Do you...not understand that this is the entire point of what I'm saying? It's literally the point.

    Besides that, Warcraft 3 is over now. Everything it was is done. They can take inspiration from whatever part of the game they want.

    Dragons also weren't a class or major element of Warcraft 3. They featured less than Pandaren. So by that logic we can't have a dragon class based on WoW's main dragons.

  12. #28912
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, the difference being that the Steamscale was announced and released after the announcement of Shadowlands.
    What does this foreshadow besides you ignoring the other shadowlands shop mounts?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Do you...not understand that this is the entire point of what I'm saying? It's literally the point.
    His april fools joke matters & your april fools joke doesn't apparently. That's what he's been spending pages saying.

  13. #28913
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Do you...not understand that this is the entire point of what I'm saying? It's literally the point.

    Besides that, Warcraft 3 is over now. Everything it was is done. They can take inspiration from whatever part of the game they want.
    Except you're not seeming to get it; The Brewmaster, Chen Stormstout , the Pandaren, and Pandaria in WC3 set up a lore basis for the eventual Monk class in WoW.

    We DON'T have that for Bards in ANY sense. We never have. Further, unlike Wrathion, Mekkatorque, Anduin, or Velen, Blizzard has never built up a Bard lore hero in WoW. They have had decades to do so.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What does this foreshadow besides you ignoring the other shadowlands shop mounts?
    The Steamscale was a BFA shop mount, coming at the tail end of the expansion. Again, it appeared to merge the two major themes that were hinted at throughout BFA; Gnome/Goblin Technology and Dragons. I have no idea what it foreshadows, but it along with the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling are foreshadowing something.

  14. #28914
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except you're not seeming to get it; The Brewmaster and its abilities and Chen Stormstout along with the Pandaren and Pandaria set up a lore basis for the eventual Monk class in WoW.

    We DON'T have that for Bards in ANY sense. We never have. Further, unlike Wrathion, Mekkatorque, Anduin, or Velen, Blizzard has never built up a Bard lore hero in WoW. They have had decades to do so.
    My dude, they have bits and pieces to pull from wherever they want. Russel the Bard, the Bard April Fools joke, random Bards. You're dramatically overselling the forethought put into Pandaren lore in Warcraft 3.

    You really shouldn't argue so hard with *me*, considering my initial post was in *defense* of new class ideas. It wasn't directed at you, just because you want a specific two class(es) and don't like when other people have other ideas. I'm one of the people who is completely for new class ideas. In all senses.

    Lore explanations are easy. All of these points aside, give it up. You have to stop taking the lore and "things being set up" so seriously, anyway, because obviously the writers don't.

  15. #28915
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    My dude, they have bits and pieces to pull from wherever they want. Russel the Bard, the Bard April Fools joke, random Bards. You're dramatically overselling the forethought put into Pandaren lore in Warcraft 3.
    And let's compare your items here;

    Russell the Bard has done what exactly? Has he gone on any missions? Has he participated in any major events? Has he traveled anywhere beyond his tavern?

    Compare that to Chen Stormstout; Savior of Ogrimmar, champion of the Horde for helping Thrall defeat Admiral Proudmoore.

    There's really no comparison.

    You really shouldn't argue so hard with *me*, considering my initial post was in *defense* of new class ideas. It wasn't directed at you, just because you want a specific two class(es) and don't like when other people have other ideas. I'm one of the people who is completely for new class ideas. In all senses.
    Who's arguing hard? I'm merely pointing out that you're comparing a highly established class concept with a non-existent one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Bards are a standard fantasy/rpg/DnD class, so I don't understand how anyone can adamantly claim they will never be in WoW.
    Because in order to be an expansion class in WoW you have to be linked to a lore hero, of which Bards have none.

  16. #28916
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Steamscale was a BFA shop mount, coming at the tail end of the expansion. Again, it appeared to merge the two major themes that were hinted at throughout BFA; Gnome/Goblin Technology and Dragons. I have no idea what it foreshadows, but it along with the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling are foreshadowing something.
    BFA and Shadowlands both had exactly two dragons. Or are you saying the appearance of a dragon is supposed to foreshadow future dragon appearences? Because every Expansion has had a dragon at some point.

    And bonus, the last two expansions had more bards than dragons. My divining rod is pointing towards my own butthole.

  17. #28917
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except you're not seeming to get it; The Brewmaster, Chen Stormstout , the Pandaren, and Pandaria in WC3 set up a lore basis for the eventual Monk class in WoW.

    We DON'T have that for Bards in ANY sense. We never have. Further, unlike Wrathion, Mekkatorque, Anduin, or Velen, Blizzard has never built up a Bard lore hero in WoW. They have had decades to do so.
    Wow has plenty of bards.
    Including ETC and Blight Boar, etc.
    Also they have ETC in HotS that they can pull from in terms of a class, because didn’t you say HotS could be used for the basis of a class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  18. #28918
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because in order to be an expansion class in WoW you have to be linked to a lore hero, of which Bards have none.
    In your opinion. Sorry your not a dev

  19. #28919
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    ok before going to sleep I wanted to take a look at the ashes of galakaros leak and ok... it's very convincing. The fact that the guy talks about overwatch 2 prepatxh, new warcraft app, etc. It sells the whole thing.

    I'm would be a bit disappointed if it ends up being the true expac just because I would have liked to still be surprised ^^ It says a lot on how real it felt
    He was literally wrong about every date, and we have known for YEARS about a mobile warcraft in the works.

  20. #28920
    I wonder, could the steamscale be indicating/suggesting that tinkers/engineers/artificers are advancing in what their tech/science is capable of?

    Maybe experimenting with high power/volatile sources, like a demon soul, could lead them to a breakthrough with X power source introduced in 10.0 narrative. Heck could simply be a refined/manipulated azerite crystal.

    Either way, super excited to have a date and know that the horizon of what’s next is near. Hype!
    Last edited by Trazzle; 2022-03-15 at 01:38 AM. Reason: ,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •