1. #29101
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    If it is a Dragon expansion, likelihood is that Chromatus will be a loot pinata somewhere down the line.
    Nah, i doubt that, they prob don't even remember him.

    Unless they make the obvious boring "he is now corrupted by the void" bs.

  2. #29102
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, I mean that if the next expansion IS related to the steamscale I doubt you would admit that you're wrong.

    Just like you didn't admit you were wrong about the Heart of Aspects mount.
    The thing is, whether I'm right or wrong, we'd still all lose, because Blizzard would just as likely take a cool theme and run it into the ground with shitty story telling.

    There's no winning here. I don't vouch for a Dragon Isles expansion because I want one, because I know it's gonna be in the wrong hands either way. I vouch for it because it's the likeliest scenario right now with the information we have available to us.

    We have a datamined drake mount, and we have a potential leaker who correctly revealed Cross Factions and how it would work merely days before Blizzard had. Anything and everything else is either debunked as fake, or is too vague to consider potentially legitimate. These are the only two real tangible pieces of information we have right now that is beyond mere speculation. It doesn't mean Blizzard couldn't pull a total 180 and announce Tinkers of Tinkeria and render your theory true, but I personally don't bet money on baseless speculations like that, just like I never would have bet on your '5 reasons Demon Hunters won't be playable' patterns.

    There's nothing special about the Steamscale Incinerator. It was not released at the right moment, right time to be considered a hint at any future expansion. And if a future expansion happens to have tech in it, then the connection would mostly be coincidental more than anything. The theme of technology is pervasive in WoW anyways, and even made its way into a generally non-Tech themed expansion like BFA. It makes sense if you said Steamscale potentially hinted at Mechagon, but to extend it to Expansion 10 or 11 is just stretching it.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-03-15 at 05:57 PM.

  3. #29103
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Nah, i doubt that, they prob don't even remember him.

    Unless they make the obvious boring "he is now corrupted by the void" bs.
    Why would they need to corrupt him? He's already fairly villainous.

  4. #29104
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Out of curiosity, what expansion would you like? Implicitly, you seem to be suggesting a world revamp.
    Yrel A'dal Qaeda Invasion and/or World Revamp would be my most preferred choices. Storywise Cataclysm's revamp is my absolute favorite post-Vanilla story content so I've a strong bias to more of that.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  5. #29105
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Why would they need to corrupt him? He's already fairly villainous.
    Because Its Danuser and his gang, always expect the worse and the most nonsense things

  6. #29106
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yrel A'dal Qaeda Invasion and/or World Revamp would be my most preferred choices. Storywise Cataclysm's revamp is my absolute favorite post-Vanilla story content so I've a strong bias to more of that.
    I am rather interested in the Lightbound plot, though I admittedly hope they don't become villains right away.

    As for a world revamp, I'd say my interest personally depends on what kind of revamp it is. There's a few different suggestions for how it could be achieved, and I figure that content is very important.

    There's a good chance we'll get both of those, though, given the Lightforged Undead waiting around as potential ticking time bombs in the middle of Lordaeron, which Turalyon also has his eyes on and the Scarlet Crusade are apparently resurgent. However, I actually am doubtful the Scarlet Crusade would end up as part of the Light bloc since they also doubt the whole Naaru resurrection Calia underwent and write it into their conspiracies.

  7. #29107
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Why would they need to corrupt him? He's already fairly villainous.
    It seems like they were going to use him for Fall of Deathwing raid, but replaced him with Ultraxion. They probably didn't have the budget to put into creating a full new 5-headed Dragon model for the encounter, which is kinda said considering practically every boss in that raid was a generic or reused model except for Deathwing.

    That's the only real reason why he was 'left alive' in the lore, since it was supposed to tie straight back into the raid where you kill him.

  8. #29108
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
    Posts
    5,587
    This image just screams "world boss" to me:




    It would be a nice little tie-in to how certain dragons were world bosses back in Vanilla WoW days.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-03-15 at 04:57 PM.

  9. #29109
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    A'dal Qaeda
    God dammit.

    But yeah my vote is a revamp. I don't believe the present Blizzard is ambitious enough.

    I expect Light stuff but instead bullshit surrounding Calia that nobody asked for. She feels like the next Kairozdormu in terms of a book character inserted to incite bullshit.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-03-15 at 04:58 PM.

  10. #29110
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Are you unfamiliar with Hearthstone? They've released a gazillion expansions at this point, always on time.
    I am quite familiar with Hearthstone & they do tend to have their expansions out on time, but I'm also well aware that they are working for a company which has had massive employee turnover issues over the last couple of years alongside a major acquisition that is underway (which while it may not affect current policies is absolutely on the mind of employees). I'm also well aware that they have been adding in new modes in recent times such as Mercenaries. Plus, the team absolutely has high hopes for this specific expansion as per tweets from devs like Daniel Duffin.

    With that in mind, it's easy to see where even a team that is consistently on time & on point might want an extra couple of days to ensure everything is at the quality level they need it to be. It's not a major delay either, just a couple days.

  11. #29111
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This image just screams "world boss" to me:




    It would be a nice little tie-in to how certain dragons were world bosses back in Vanilla WoW days.
    The return of world bosses sure isn't something I'd oppose. I'd love to get my ass handed to me by that fucker.

  12. #29112
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    ...tune in to find out what they are!

    Also, yeah, they took the best mystery box they had, the Old Gods, and demystified and defanged them THE MOST of ANYTHING.

    To the point that their most frantic adjacent fan is in absolute denial.

    They keep giving answers to all the stuff that should be mysterious and outside our understanding, but continues to play coy with very "human" and real connections when it should be the opposite. It's like I'm asking my neighbor for answers to a test and he passes me a copy of fucking Ulysses.
    I think this is a great way to describe the current issues with the writing.

    So much time explaining how the mechanics of the multiverse work, often leading to their own issues, and not enough time telling us why people are doing things and why we should care.

  13. #29113
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    They don't tend to do it on time. They always do it on time.

    Hearthstone is a nimble little game, pretty uncomplicated and straightforward. There is no reason to believe the team would suddenly ask for a very specific 2 extra days to prepare an announcement, lol. I could maybe see a game release being pushed because delays and polish, but not an announcement.
    The most compelling reason they'd time an announcement is usually tied to competition and trying to take the steam away from them.

    So if we really want to find a reason why they're pushing back any release or announcement, then we just have to look at what's being released around the same time.

    They've been doing this sort of thing for decades now. I still remember when they announced WotLK Alpha testing in the same week that Age of Conan released. Everyone I knew was talking about how hype Conan was gonna be, then something as simple as an alpha test got everyone talking about WoW again.

  14. #29114
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
    Posts
    5,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The return of world bosses sure isn't something I'd oppose. I'd love to get my ass handed to me by that fucker.

    I remember somebody proposed the concept of 1 world boss for the entire expansion: every new major content patch (new raid tier) Blizzard would just increase the HP and damage done by the world boss to accommodate the increased item level, and also add a new mechanic to the world boss for each content patch.


    I feel like that would work perfectly with a Chromatus like charcater: a new mechanic for each head.

  15. #29115
    Part of me doesn't want Chromatus in the game because it's the definition of "written by a child". He is Medan as a dragon.

    "Oh yeah he is super strong and he also has EVERY element and he has a head of EVERY dragon and and and he is UNKILLABLE and he is better than the aspects at their own respective dragonflight magic! he is the ultimate dwagon!"

    Now Galakrond would be a cool setpiece boss if implemented correctly in terms of scale.

  16. #29116
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The return of world bosses sure isn't something I'd oppose. I'd love to get my ass handed to me by that fucker.
    The return? Where did they go? SL had multiple world bosses and they were all pushovers. Lag spikes was the deadliest ability for those boss encounters (mainly at the start of SL).

  17. #29117
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    The return? Where did they go? SL had multiple world bosses and they were all pushovers. Lag spikes was the deadliest ability for those boss encounters (mainly at the start of SL).
    I suppose I didn't say this the way I meant to: the return of real world bosses, think Azuregos.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Part of me doesn't want Chromatus in the game because it's the definition of "written by a child". He is Medan as a dragon.

    "Oh yeah he is super strong and he also has EVERY element and he has a head of EVERY dragon and and and he is UNKILLABLE and he is better than the aspects at their own respective dragonflight magic! he is the ultimate dwagon!"

    Now Galakrond would be a cool setpiece boss if implemented correctly in terms of scale.
    I would say that the rules applying to villains are generally less strict than the rules applying to heroes.

  18. #29118
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Keyword Dragon

    LDAMWARS, nu. 6 & 8

    You're going to have a blaise figuring this one out.
    I dunno, Hydrodynamics are cool and all, but the guy is a tad old by now.

  19. #29119
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I suppose I didn't say this the way I meant to: the return of real world bosses, think Azuregos.
    I don't think we can expect them to be back, given how Oondasta turned out to be.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  20. #29120
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I would say that the rules applying to villains are generally less strict than the rules applying to heroes.
    This. Pretty much all Warcraft villains are extra as hell in terms of relative power and intimidation while they're the focus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •