1. #29721
    I know we've seen builds on Fridays, but it's pretty rare, right?

  2. #29722
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Today, you mean 8)
    That would be even better, although Friday first builds are pretty rare so... we'll see!

    Also I just remembered this interview from Danuser, that I mentioned in my original post on this thread:

    https://wowhead.com/news/french-comm...terview-319261

    "Death had influence in Azeroth long before Ner'zhul became the Lich King. Perhaps one day we will learn more about the Nerubians and their origins."

    I swear to God, if this was a tease to an underground expansion...

  3. #29723
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,280
    If there is a 9.2.5 build pre-10.0 reveal I'd expect it to be just a bunch of class changes for now.

    I've got a feeling in my jibblies that any story content is gonna be too spoilerific to include even encrypted.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  4. #29724
    Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Best part was

    >592414172 #
    We have spent more time on 10.0 than the entirety of shadowlands. The leaks for Cataclysm and Wrath sucked as a developer. I'm glad i'm working in a better place now but i still don't want to post a bullet point list of things we worked on to ruin the surprise.

    But no tinkers. We honestly have never understood the obsession. High Elves we get but something about tinkers drives people on the forums crazy.
    Claims to have been hired in 2011
    Talks about wrath leaks as a dev

  5. #29725
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Claims to have been hired in 2011
    Talks about wrath leaks as a dev
    Devil's advocate, but could be talking about second-hand information. It's still a very awkward way of phrasing it, though.

    In actuality, definitely false anyways because it all reflects various things had just been talked about by YouTubers, in the same way there was that one leak that built up hype about a civilization of supremacist Dragons after Taliesin talked about how cool that would be.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    That would be even better, although Friday first builds are pretty rare so... we'll see!

    Also I just remembered this interview from Danuser, that I mentioned in my original post on this thread:

    https://wowhead.com/news/french-comm...terview-319261

    "Death had influence in Azeroth long before Ner'zhul became the Lich King. Perhaps one day we will learn more about the Nerubians and their origins."

    I swear to God, if this was a tease to an underground expansion...
    Is this suggesting that Nerubians simply took their architecture from Maldraxxus, as was already retroactively confirmed, or is it suggesting that the Nerubians are the result of intermingling between Death and Void, as suggested by Yogg-Saron seemingly having power over death despite being an Old God?

  6. #29726
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If there is a 9.2.5 build pre-10.0 reveal I'd expect it to be just a bunch of class changes for now.

    I've got a feeling in my jibblies that any story content is gonna be too spoilerific to include even encrypted.
    I imagine any 9.2.5 PTR will only come after we get told what to expect from it. We already know the cross faction raiding is coming, and the raid epilogue seems to be a given, but I have to imagine it will have some other minor stuff.

    Not long now until the 10.0 reveal, so definitely not going to have anything linking to that just yet unless it will have another obscure hint like the Kul Tiras armor tags, or Suramar cloak.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #29727
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine any 9.2.5 PTR will only come after we get told what to expect from it. We already know the cross faction raiding is coming, and the raid epilogue seems to be a given, but I have to imagine it will have some other minor stuff.

    Not long now until the 10.0 reveal, so definitely not going to have anything linking to that just yet unless it will have another obscure hint like the Kul Tiras armor tags, or Suramar cloak.
    they could still add the PTR with faction changes just
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  8. #29728
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If there is a 9.2.5 build pre-10.0 reveal I'd expect it to be just a bunch of class changes for now.

    I've got a feeling in my jibblies that any story content is gonna be too spoilerific to include even encrypted.
    Why you think there is any story content in 9.2.5? Some people speculated that they moved epilogue from 9.2 to 9.2.5, but I think it's just hidden and will happen next week or week after last chapter. And imo, just like 9.1 "hidden" (visible, but not tested on PTR) chapter, it will be just some short cutscene with some closure for Sylvanas.

    All we know about 9.2.5 now are cross faction instances and new arena.

  9. #29729
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Why you think there is any story content in 9.2.5? Some people speculated that they moved epilogue from 9.2 to 9.2.5, but I think it's just hidden and will happen next week or week after last chapter. And imo, just like 9.1 "hidden" (visible, but not tested on PTR) chapter, it will be just some short cutscene with some closure for Sylvanas.

    All we know about 9.2.5 now are cross faction instances and new arena.
    I agree with you. I think Epilogue is coming in 9.2 (2 weeks).

    I've posted this a million times but here it is again from Wowhead (for context). https://www.wowhead.com/news/steve-d...tch-9-2-325990

    "We’re very excited about how that story culminates. It will play out in a chapter of the Covenant campaign that we didn’t put out on the test realm for a specific reason: because we wanted to hold back that final piece to the story for players to discover as they play through the content.”

    Never is it mentioned that this would happen AFTER 9.2. Just not available on the 9.2 PTR. Also, Steve has said in a recent tweet 2 weeks ago that Shadowlands would have a conclusion (whether it's this chapter or additional story (9.2.5, CGI, or otherwise...who knows?).
    Last edited by Catastrophy349; 2022-03-18 at 09:08 PM.

  10. #29730
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    they could still add the PTR with faction changes just
    Well yes, but what would be the point? You still need something to actually test on the PTR, otherwise you are just having players run around like normal, except the number on the login screen is higher than normal.

    The cross faction stuff is the minimum, since that is likely the thing most likely to break stuff in-game, and therefore the most important to test thoroughly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I agree with you. I think Epilogue is coming in 9.2 (2 weeks).
    Well it definitely could be there. Though it feels weird it wouldn't be a part of the achievement for doing all story quests in 9.2.
    Seems weird to just not acknowledge it when the only possibly spoiler would also be the easiest part to change.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  11. #29731
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Why you think there is any story content in 9.2.5? Some people speculated that they moved epilogue from 9.2 to 9.2.5, but I think it's just hidden and will happen next week or week after last chapter. And imo, just like 9.1 "hidden" (visible, but not tested on PTR) chapter, it will be just some short cutscene with some closure for Sylvanas.

    All we know about 9.2.5 now are cross faction instances and new arena.
    I mean there's probably better odds of there being nothing in 9.2.5.

    But that cinematic was so flat that I doubt they're gonna leave us sitting for a year on that.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  12. #29732
    Why are we still pitching in the random idea that the First Ones are order beings, despite clearly...not being that?

  13. #29733
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why are we still pitching in the random idea that the First Ones are order beings, despite clearly...not being that?
    Well they certainly do like going around ordering things, so there isn't really a whole lot else to go on. If we try to extrapolate based on what we see them create then the next best guess is that they are representing the force of Orbs.

    Really it's because the First Ones are blatantly Titans 2.0, and Titans were explained as beings of order.
    Titans used to just be godlike beings, but really the first ones are just too similar to the Titans to really have their own niche.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  14. #29734
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why are we still pitching in the random idea that the First Ones are order beings, despite clearly...not being that?
    TheFirstOnes have spoken, they are not orderly being! /s
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  15. #29735
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why are we still pitching in the random idea that the First Ones are order beings, despite clearly...not being that?
    I think they are a combination of all the different cosmic powers. You had the oracle in this week's quests talking in languages from each of the powers. Then the cosmic energy pools on the ground (in the resonant peaks area where the quests take place) have a grey or silvery color to them, which is a neutral color.

  16. #29736
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well they certainly do like going around ordering things, so there isn't really a whole lot else to go on. If we try to extrapolate based on what we see them create then the next best guess is that they are representing the force of Orbs.

    Really it's because the First Ones are blatantly Titans 2.0, and Titans were explained as beings of order.
    Titans used to just be godlike beings, but really the first ones are just too similar to the Titans to really have their own niche.
    Tbh I was expecting a twist once we reach ZM that the Titans ARE the First Ones... and not this entity above what we knew as some of the most powerful beings. But that theory fell to water as soon as the language in ZM is this new one and Titanic. (tbh I still think Primus based some of his domination language off of the Runic Language of the first ones based on info he could probably get from Brokers about ZM)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  17. #29737
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    nah, seems more like he just grap things we already knew was true, some speculations and larp himself into it

  18. #29738
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Tbh I was expecting a twist once we reach ZM that the Titans ARE the First Ones... and not this entity above what we knew as some of the most powerful beings. But that theory fell to water as soon as the language in ZM is this new one and Titanic. (tbh I still think Primus based some of his domination language off of the Runic Language of the first ones based on info he could probably get from Brokers about ZM)
    My guess is that we will learn something new about the Titans that will link them more firmly to the First Ones. The fact that they are born in reality and not in a dedicated realm of order certainly makes them distinct from the death pantheon and such.
    And of course the whole Constellar working for the first ones/Argus turning into Constellar thing that happens during his fight.
    Could just be a random thing we are not supposed to think about, but I imagine there is something there to build from.

    If I were to guess I would have said that the First Ones reincarnated as Titans, just without their memories for whatever reason. Would explain why they are so different from the Death pantheon, and why they seem to have powers beyond just Order, like Argus controlling death, or Einar controlling Life.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  19. #29739
    I don't know if this Wowhead article has been discussed(I'd be surprised if it hasn't), but just wanted to share my thoughts:

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/what-if...ge=11#p5342468

    Thoughts reading this:
    No mention of the drust. They also use domination magic, no? They put masks on their victims to gain control. The Primus is using a mask(according to this article). So there's a connection there too. And doesn't trust magic kind of look like the domination magic when it fades from Anduin and Zovaal?

    It's safe to say that a patch has been scrapped in Shadowlands. What would actually play out in that patch? What was the raid supposed to be and how would that tie in to this speculation?

    Denathrius is the father of the dreadlords(or big brother, if The Primus is the father). That means he probably knows how to take the form of other creatures himself - just like the dreadlords. So maybe he is walking around helping the Primus from the shadows and disguised as someone else?

  20. #29740
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But that cinematic was so flat that I doubt they're gonna leave us sitting for a year on that.
    Well no, most likely you will see next CGI cinematic in month.

    Wouldn't make sense to do something like 7.3.5 story bridge. Jailer cinematic is lame, but still closure, Arbiter/Sylvanas threads will be likely resolved in last chapter/epilogue, no point to start 10.0 story 6+ months before pre-patch.

    But still hope 9.2.5 will be more than just cross faction from gameplay perspective. Personally I want cross faction trading (since I have characters on both sides on single realm) and Chromie time for 50-60. And some catch ups (like trading grateful offerings between chars or catalyst tier pieces from zereth mortis gear), but that could be done in hotfix.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •