1. #29781
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Also after the whole "employee driven to suicide by sexual harassment" fiasco, no decent person would believe them if they said everything's fine in the office.
    Which is why it's kinda pointless to state. So one has to assume they say it just to get those reading it into the right mindset of accepting hte leaks by saying something that those reading will assume is true to begin with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Best part was

    >592414172 #
    We have spent more time on 10.0 than the entirety of shadowlands. The leaks for Cataclysm and Wrath sucked as a developer. I'm glad i'm working in a better place now but i still don't want to post a bullet point list of things we worked on to ruin the surprise.

    But no tinkers. We honestly have never understood the obsession. High Elves we get but something about tinkers drives people on the forums crazy.
    Yeah that was some premium bullshit as well. Noone who worked for Blizzard, or indeed anyone who even play the game and isnt already hating Tinkers would understand why playerss want them, or expect them to be in the game. Battle for Daar'alor literally had High Tinker Mekkatorque in a giant mechsuit. Pretending like tinker are not a tried and tested part of WoW by this point is just being willfully ignorant, they have literally been a part of the game since Warcraft.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  2. #29782
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Pretending like tinker are not a tried and tested part of WoW by this point is just being willfully ignorant, they have literally been a part of the game since Warcraft.
    Right? I get that Tinkers aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but the theme/fantasy/aesthetic has been a part of the franchise from WC2 and on. Both factions exhibited an advancement in tech with in inclusion of goblins and gnomes, get over it people.

  3. #29783
    A technological advancement and then ANOTHER on top of it in BFA. Frankly it was the best time to bring them out in the first place. Turncoat Dark Rangers or some form of newer Death-themed class in SL all the same. Still not sure what could be holding things back from such comparatively feature light expansions, particularly SL. That's why it's hard to keep hopes up about new classes in the first place.

  4. #29784
    So PTR servers are already on 9.2.5 (but no client build out yet) and might have been for a few days now. Another step closer!

  5. #29785
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    So PTR servers are already on 9.2.5 (but no client build out yet) and might have been for a few days now. Another step closer!
    I really hope we get it by next week!

  6. #29786
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I really hope we get it by next week!
    Today, you mean 8)

  7. #29787
    I know we've seen builds on Fridays, but it's pretty rare, right?

  8. #29788
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Today, you mean 8)
    That would be even better, although Friday first builds are pretty rare so... we'll see!

    Also I just remembered this interview from Danuser, that I mentioned in my original post on this thread:

    https://wowhead.com/news/french-comm...terview-319261

    "Death had influence in Azeroth long before Ner'zhul became the Lich King. Perhaps one day we will learn more about the Nerubians and their origins."

    I swear to God, if this was a tease to an underground expansion...

  9. #29789
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,245
    If there is a 9.2.5 build pre-10.0 reveal I'd expect it to be just a bunch of class changes for now.

    I've got a feeling in my jibblies that any story content is gonna be too spoilerific to include even encrypted.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  10. #29790
    Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Best part was

    >592414172 #
    We have spent more time on 10.0 than the entirety of shadowlands. The leaks for Cataclysm and Wrath sucked as a developer. I'm glad i'm working in a better place now but i still don't want to post a bullet point list of things we worked on to ruin the surprise.

    But no tinkers. We honestly have never understood the obsession. High Elves we get but something about tinkers drives people on the forums crazy.
    Claims to have been hired in 2011
    Talks about wrath leaks as a dev

  11. #29791
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Claims to have been hired in 2011
    Talks about wrath leaks as a dev
    Devil's advocate, but could be talking about second-hand information. It's still a very awkward way of phrasing it, though.

    In actuality, definitely false anyways because it all reflects various things had just been talked about by YouTubers, in the same way there was that one leak that built up hype about a civilization of supremacist Dragons after Taliesin talked about how cool that would be.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    That would be even better, although Friday first builds are pretty rare so... we'll see!

    Also I just remembered this interview from Danuser, that I mentioned in my original post on this thread:

    https://wowhead.com/news/french-comm...terview-319261

    "Death had influence in Azeroth long before Ner'zhul became the Lich King. Perhaps one day we will learn more about the Nerubians and their origins."

    I swear to God, if this was a tease to an underground expansion...
    Is this suggesting that Nerubians simply took their architecture from Maldraxxus, as was already retroactively confirmed, or is it suggesting that the Nerubians are the result of intermingling between Death and Void, as suggested by Yogg-Saron seemingly having power over death despite being an Old God?

  12. #29792
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If there is a 9.2.5 build pre-10.0 reveal I'd expect it to be just a bunch of class changes for now.

    I've got a feeling in my jibblies that any story content is gonna be too spoilerific to include even encrypted.
    I imagine any 9.2.5 PTR will only come after we get told what to expect from it. We already know the cross faction raiding is coming, and the raid epilogue seems to be a given, but I have to imagine it will have some other minor stuff.

    Not long now until the 10.0 reveal, so definitely not going to have anything linking to that just yet unless it will have another obscure hint like the Kul Tiras armor tags, or Suramar cloak.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #29793
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine any 9.2.5 PTR will only come after we get told what to expect from it. We already know the cross faction raiding is coming, and the raid epilogue seems to be a given, but I have to imagine it will have some other minor stuff.

    Not long now until the 10.0 reveal, so definitely not going to have anything linking to that just yet unless it will have another obscure hint like the Kul Tiras armor tags, or Suramar cloak.
    they could still add the PTR with faction changes just
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  14. #29794
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If there is a 9.2.5 build pre-10.0 reveal I'd expect it to be just a bunch of class changes for now.

    I've got a feeling in my jibblies that any story content is gonna be too spoilerific to include even encrypted.
    Why you think there is any story content in 9.2.5? Some people speculated that they moved epilogue from 9.2 to 9.2.5, but I think it's just hidden and will happen next week or week after last chapter. And imo, just like 9.1 "hidden" (visible, but not tested on PTR) chapter, it will be just some short cutscene with some closure for Sylvanas.

    All we know about 9.2.5 now are cross faction instances and new arena.

  15. #29795
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Why you think there is any story content in 9.2.5? Some people speculated that they moved epilogue from 9.2 to 9.2.5, but I think it's just hidden and will happen next week or week after last chapter. And imo, just like 9.1 "hidden" (visible, but not tested on PTR) chapter, it will be just some short cutscene with some closure for Sylvanas.

    All we know about 9.2.5 now are cross faction instances and new arena.
    I agree with you. I think Epilogue is coming in 9.2 (2 weeks).

    I've posted this a million times but here it is again from Wowhead (for context). https://www.wowhead.com/news/steve-d...tch-9-2-325990

    "We’re very excited about how that story culminates. It will play out in a chapter of the Covenant campaign that we didn’t put out on the test realm for a specific reason: because we wanted to hold back that final piece to the story for players to discover as they play through the content.”

    Never is it mentioned that this would happen AFTER 9.2. Just not available on the 9.2 PTR. Also, Steve has said in a recent tweet 2 weeks ago that Shadowlands would have a conclusion (whether it's this chapter or additional story (9.2.5, CGI, or otherwise...who knows?).
    Last edited by Catastrophy349; 2022-03-18 at 09:08 PM.

  16. #29796
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    they could still add the PTR with faction changes just
    Well yes, but what would be the point? You still need something to actually test on the PTR, otherwise you are just having players run around like normal, except the number on the login screen is higher than normal.

    The cross faction stuff is the minimum, since that is likely the thing most likely to break stuff in-game, and therefore the most important to test thoroughly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I agree with you. I think Epilogue is coming in 9.2 (2 weeks).
    Well it definitely could be there. Though it feels weird it wouldn't be a part of the achievement for doing all story quests in 9.2.
    Seems weird to just not acknowledge it when the only possibly spoiler would also be the easiest part to change.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  17. #29797
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Why you think there is any story content in 9.2.5? Some people speculated that they moved epilogue from 9.2 to 9.2.5, but I think it's just hidden and will happen next week or week after last chapter. And imo, just like 9.1 "hidden" (visible, but not tested on PTR) chapter, it will be just some short cutscene with some closure for Sylvanas.

    All we know about 9.2.5 now are cross faction instances and new arena.
    I mean there's probably better odds of there being nothing in 9.2.5.

    But that cinematic was so flat that I doubt they're gonna leave us sitting for a year on that.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  18. #29798
    Why are we still pitching in the random idea that the First Ones are order beings, despite clearly...not being that?

  19. #29799
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why are we still pitching in the random idea that the First Ones are order beings, despite clearly...not being that?
    Well they certainly do like going around ordering things, so there isn't really a whole lot else to go on. If we try to extrapolate based on what we see them create then the next best guess is that they are representing the force of Orbs.

    Really it's because the First Ones are blatantly Titans 2.0, and Titans were explained as beings of order.
    Titans used to just be godlike beings, but really the first ones are just too similar to the Titans to really have their own niche.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #29800
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,802
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why are we still pitching in the random idea that the First Ones are order beings, despite clearly...not being that?
    TheFirstOnes have spoken, they are not orderly being! /s
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •