1. #30961
    I'm still betting on something out of left field. Dragons maybe (likely) but I dunno if Dragon Isles, I'm not feeling that but I'll admit could be.

    But I'm expecting something surprising.

  2. #30962
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,280
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Gotta disagree. You are talking about setting up a class specific to one race that would be faction exclusive, both of which would seem to be limited in specs. Even with cross faction becoming a thing, that's a far greater risk than adding in a class that has been in the game since WC3, is related to in-game displayed technology seen through most expansions of WoW, and something that multiple races can use with their own take on it. Not to mention the benefits Tinkers would seemingly have story-wise over something like Blademasters or Moon Priestesses.


    Tis a fair question. I'd argue the reason for the 2023 launch could be explained in part by being behind from Shadowlands as well as trying to add in more pieces to make the new expansion great. A revamp could be there, but I could absolutely see that delay being a part of adding in some candy while simultaneously listening more to feedback.

    I didn't see that encrypted mount, but that is also really interesting to hear about.
    I mean they're absolutely behind from the Pandemic and the Lawsuits for sure, but wasn't that why they definitely cut a raid and abandoned the entire plot thread about the Lifelands? Now after doing that to get the expansion out faster they're about-facing and having a season, which means they'd have had enough time for the raid, after all? You don't get to that level of delayed off just work from home. You get to that level of delay because you're working on something big from home.



    And yeah there was also a map or something with Westfall back in BFA IIRC. Led to a lot of speculation about a "Defias Uprising" as a result of how badly the war was going, I think some folks even speculated on a Westfall Warfront. If Blizz is potentially doubling back to the unused Scarlet storyline maybe they're also doubling back to the unused Westfall storyline.

    It also gives me this feeling in my jibblies that this all feels very Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's Fall.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  3. #30963
    dragon isel secret to mortals dont want mortal on them
    dragons lose power need mortals anyhway

    black = build back and acceptense, onixia warlock
    red = focus alex
    green = find infiltrator, senario
    bronze = big infinite patch 10.2
    blue = angry mistreeted, fight good vs evil blue dragons and future
    chromie story reveel

    10.3 sorry no dont know

  4. #30964
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Don't get mad because I speak the truth, you use pandas as an example but you know just as well they're down there on the least played race card and the pretty much dragged the monk class down there with them.

    I don't think that's a risk the devs want to take but then we will see come April and I'll just say "told you so." I'll even pm you if it helps alleviate the embarrassment.

    In 27 days we will know what's true.
    You wanna go off of data alone? Look at how many people are engineers. How many people make tinker based xmogs.

    How popular techy fantasy is in general.

    Like dude you seriously think people aren't gonna line up to make a belf tinker?

    People making Rick cosplay Tinkers with belf blue hair.

    You are completely out of touch with what can and can't be a success just because the two quintessential tinker races are underplayed.

    MAYBE, they're underplayed BECAUSE there isn't a tinker option. You ever think about that?

    Of course you didnt since you just blindly hate on Tinkers.

  5. #30965
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by choi gnome View Post
    dragon isel secret to mortals dont want mortal on them
    dragons lose power need mortals anyhway

    black = build back and acceptense, onixia warlock
    red = focus alex
    green = find infiltrator, senario
    bronze = big infinite patch 10.2
    blue = angry mistreeted, fight good vs evil blue dragons and future
    chromie story reveel

    10.3 sorry no dont know

    All of your vague posts like this, in reference to an upcoming expansion, have been wrong.

  6. #30966
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    You wanna go off of data alone? Look at how many people are engineers. How many people make tinker based xmogs.

    How popular techy fantasy is in general.

    Like dude you seriously think people aren't gonna line up to make a belf tinker?

    People making Rick cosplay Tinkers with belf blue hair.

    You are completely out of touch with what can and can't be a success just because the two quintessential tinker races are underplayed.

    MAYBE, they're underplayed BECAUSE there isn't a tinker option. You ever think about that?

    Of course you didnt since you just blindly hate on Tinkers.
    This is all headcanon and speculation.

  7. #30967
    Quote Originally Posted by choi gnome View Post
    dragon isel secret to mortals dont want mortal on them
    dragons lose power need mortals anyhway

    black = build back and acceptense, onixia warlock
    red = focus alex
    green = find infiltrator, senario
    bronze = big infinite patch 10.2
    blue = angry mistreeted, fight good vs evil blue dragons and future
    chromie story reveel

    10.3 sorry no dont know
    Mmhm, your track record sure is spotless:

    Quote Originally Posted by choi gnome View Post
    windrunning sisters more story
    sylvanaas live
    nzoth live
    azshara live
    worgen danger
    voidpresentce (yes)
    priest and human story
    tyranden angry reveng story
    many horde leader, one leading democrazy
    DRAGONS ! ! ! !
    (September 19, 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by choi gnome View Post
    jaina new leader off all alliance
    sylvanas illidanforbiden ritual shadowland
    windrunner sisters together united
    void
    south seea not important
    alliance shose 3 paths, not same quests - hord same new class hall
    ruby and yellow dragons will give new player power
    alexstrassa new kadhgar hero
    (August 13, 2017)

    Yup. Sure.

  8. #30968
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    This is all headcanon and speculation.
    What is? That Rick and Morty is a popular show? That's pretty objective.

    That many players roll engineering?

    That the quintessential tinker races don't have tinker available to them which could possibly effect their populations?

    If you think pandaren are low pop now, imagine if monks didn't exist.

  9. #30969
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean they're absolutely behind from the Pandemic and the Lawsuits for sure, but wasn't that why they definitely cut a raid and abandoned the entire plot thread about the Lifelands? Now after doing that to get the expansion out faster they're about-facing and having a season, which means they'd have had enough time for the raid, after all? You don't get to that level of delayed off just work from home. You get to that level of delay because you're working on something big from home.
    True, but you also get to that level of delayed when you redo the story & have to play catch up, rather than being able to work ahead on the next expansion. Even abandoning an entire patch will only take you so far if you are trying to catch up at the time. Plus if they actually are listening to feedback from 9.1 & 9.2, it's very possible that they scrapped whatever their next borrowed power/endless grind system was which would lead to a lot of redoing things on the fly. For that matter, they may be trying to work ahead to guarantee having another Legion-style 77 day patch cadence.

    Not saying a world revamp isn't possible, that delay along with the stories we're seeing taking place on Azeroth makes it feel much more like a possibility than it has in a while. Just saying that I could see other reasons for the delay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And yeah there was also a map or something with Westfall back in BFA IIRC. Led to a lot of speculation about a "Defias Uprising" as a result of how badly the war was going, I think some folks even speculated on a Westfall Warfront. If Blizz is potentially doubling back to the unused Scarlet storyline maybe they're also doubling back to the unused Westfall storyline.

    It also gives me this feeling in my jibblies that this all feels very Operation Gnomeregan/Zalazane's Fall.
    That all makes sense, I do remember the chatter about a Westfall warfront. It would be an easy story to tie in: simply have the Sentinel Hill militia go off to help with the Scourge issues in Redridge which would open up a window for a Defias uprising. The main difference I see between these & Gnomeregan/Zalazane is the end goal. Gnomeregan/Zalazane were specifically set up to give the Gnomes/Trolls new starting experiences whereas the bits we've seen for Silvermoon doesn't readily appear to do the same.

  10. #30970
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    What is? That Rick and Morty is a popular show? That's pretty objective.

    That many players roll engineering?

    That the quintessential tinker races don't have tinker available to them which could possibly effect their populations?

    If you think pandaren are low pop now, imagine if monks didn't exist.
    Rick n Morty is an ok show that's it,

    Engineering is popular especially by hunters due to portable stables and wormhole generators,

    You're using headcanon to determine tinker would go to most other races even though it's only really been shown on lowly races like gnomes and goblins,

    And lastly I don't think pandaren numbers would drop much further with no monk class but it proves only a minority like them.

    So yes you are using pure headcanon and speculation for all your posts.

  11. #30971
    People fale fail to realize just how much tech is in WoW. The deeprun tram, gnomergon, mechagon, Kezan, Azshara(zone), draenie, the legion.

    Yet you say all of this is represented by a flimsy little profession.

    On top of that almost every major lore gob and gnome is a tinker, yet players can't be them.

    You have to see, whether you personally don't want tinkers or not that they are inevitable.

    Taking their inevitablility and combine that with the fact that wow is in need of a new class to bring back players and that the lack of Necro and DR in SL means no other class has priority then you know without a shadow of a doubt that Tinkers W I L L be WoW's next playable class come 10.0.

  12. #30972
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    People fale fail to realize just how much tech is in WoW. The deeprun tram, gnomergon, mechagon, Kezan, Azshara(zone), draenie, the legion.

    Yet you say all of this is represented by a flimsy little profession.

    On top of that almost every major lore gob and gnome is a tinker, yet players can't be them.

    You have to see, whether you personally don't want tinkers or not that they are inevitable.

    Taking their inevitablility and combine that with the fact that wow is in need of a new class to bring back players and that the lack of Necro and DR in SL means no other class has priority then you know without a shadow of a doubt that Tinkers W I L L be WoW's next playable class come 10.0.
    If you say so just don't hurt yourself if they aren't.

  13. #30973
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStarcaller View Post
    The thing is with FFXIV, all of those obscured, clouded landmasses are KNOWN and have been EXPLORED, and even those that weren't on the map at all like the Far East in Stormblood were name dropped in quests and what not long before the expansion comes out. It's like, "hey, these places are known, but we're clouding them out because we (the devs) are still working on the map geometry so the change won't be jarring". Hopefully I'm making some sense.

    With WoW, all of the new landmasses save Northrend since it was on the map since Classic just pop out of no where with no explanation. It's jarring.
    What are you talking about? Kul Tiras and Zandalar have been talked about forever in-game, they just weren't on the map... same as how in XIV the map got expanded upon. Shadowlands was talked about forever. Pandaria was probably the only landmass that was not really "known" or spoken of prior, but they had it magically veiled as an explanation.

    The grabbing for straws on any argument to try to make XIV seem different than WoW is out of control.

  14. #30974
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStarcaller View Post
    With WoW, all of the new landmasses save Northrend since it was on the map since Classic just pop out of no where with no explanation. It's jarring.
    Every continent with the exception of Pandaria was known and explored in the lore before we ever went there. Even Cataclysm zones were known about before the expansion (except for Twilight Highlands and Vashj'ir, unless I am mistaken).

  15. #30975
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Rick n Morty is an ok show that's it,

    Engineering is popular especially by hunters due to portable stables and wormhole generators,

    You're using headcanon to determine tinker would go to most other races even though it's only really been shown on lowly races like gnomes and goblins,

    And lastly I don't think pandaren numbers would drop much further with no monk class but it proves only a minority like them.

    So yes you are using pure headcanon and speculation for all your posts.
    Rick and Morty is an extremely popular show outside of your own opinion about it.

    Engineering is popular because it's popular simple as that, it's both convenient and themed well.

    I'm doing inductive reasoning based on that fact that most monks aren't pandas. So it stands to reason that Tinkers would probably be the most popular races but would also boost the number of gnome and goblin players due to finally having their quintessential class combo.

    You your self said monk numbers have are low, you really think that one of the least played races wouldn't go even lower when their racial class isn't a thing.

    And you say I'm using headcannon....


    Just admit you don't like Tinkers and would get salty we are getting that over some other class you'd prefer.

    I'll tell you this, I ain't maining tinker when 10.0 announces them. I just know that they are the next class because I'm not blinded by bias. I've been a pally since I started in tbc and will continue to do so.

  16. #30976
    Why do you think Tinkers are confirmed for 10.0? Did I miss something? Even if Blizzard eventually adds them as a class I fail to see how they are literally confirmed for 10.0.

  17. #30977
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    If you say so just don't hurt yourself if they aren't.
    I know so and you would to if you look at the entire picture, but you won't if you insist on being biased.

  18. #30978
    I don't think we will be getting tinkers unless 10.0 is a mecha/gnome/goblin/undermine themed expansion.

  19. #30979
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Rick and Morty is an extremely popular show outside of your own opinion about it.

    Engineering is popular because it's popular simple as that, it's both convenient and themed well.

    I'm doing inductive reasoning based on that fact that most monks aren't pandas. So it stands to reason that Tinkers would probably be the most popular races but would also boost the number of gnome and goblin players due to finally having their quintessential class combo.

    You your self said monk numbers have are low, you really think that one of the least played races wouldn't go even lower when their racial class isn't a thing.

    And you say I'm using headcannon....


    Just admit you don't like Tinkers and would get salty we are getting that over some other class you'd prefer.

    I'll tell you this, I ain't maining tinker when 10.0 announces them. I just know that they are the next class because I'm not blinded by bias. I've been a pally since I started in tbc and will continue to do so.
    You are totally blinded by bias to the point of fanatasism,

    Rick and Morty is only entertaining to a certain type of person but we won't get into that.

    I have already voiced my disdain for Tinkers and I don't have a preference for any other class as long as it fits my beautiful blood elves.

  20. #30980
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Why do you think Tinkers are confirmed for 10.0? Did I miss something? Even if Blizzard eventually adds them as a class I fail to see how they are literally confirmed for 10.0.
    Because wow desperately needs a new class. SL failed to introduce Necro and DR when it was time to add a new class as per the pattern established with new class every two expansions and matching the theme. which means theres no chance for them in 10.0, which means no other class has priority.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •