1. #30981
    I’d be all over a Bard class. I played a Bard/Red Mage in FFXI and loved the hell out of it.

  2. #30982
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Why do you think Tinkers are confirmed for 10.0? Did I miss something? Even if Blizzard eventually adds them as a class I fail to see how they are literally confirmed for 10.0.
    He doesn't he's just spewing headcanon and speculation.

  3. #30983
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't think we will be getting tinkers unless 10.0 is a mecha/gnome/goblin/undermine themed expansion.
    Doesn't just need to be gnome and gob based, a dragon isles can easily have Tinkers if undermine is the HQ, like oribos.

  4. #30984
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't think we will be getting tinkers unless 10.0 is a mecha/gnome/goblin/undermine themed expansion.
    Which it very well could be based on some of the hints we’ve seen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    He doesn't he's just spewing headcanon and speculation.
    This thread is about speculation.

  5. #30985
    so datamined stuff including a few new lines between the menethil family...that dont know they are the menethil family

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which it very well could be based on some of the hints we’ve seen.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This thread is about speculation.
    as long as its treated like speculation and not "this will happen because blizz will do it and not that because i said so"

  6. #30986
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    You are totally blinded by bias to the point of fanatasism,

    Rick and Morty is only entertaining to a certain type of person but we won't get into that.

    I have already voiced my disdain for Tinkers and I don't have a preference for any other class as long as it fits my beautiful blood elves.
    Haha okay, dodge every point I made. Good thing anyway since you can't argue worth anything anyway except, "HEadCaNNoN" despite everything thing I say.

    I mean if anyone is biased it's you, you said it yourself you have a disdain for tinker. I don't even have any intention of playing tinker and I'm convinced they're next.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so datamined stuff including a few new lines between the menethil family...that dont know they are the menethil family

    - - - Updated - - -



    as long as its treated like speculation and not "this will happen because blizz will do it and not that because i said so"
    Dragon Isles is beyond speculation at this point, no chance in hell that it won't be the setting for 10.0.

    The Oracle gave it away last week by speaking draconic.

  7. #30987
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    People fale fail to realize just how much tech is in WoW. The deeprun tram, gnomergon, mechagon, Kezan, Azshara(zone), draenie, the legion.

    Yet you say all of this is represented by a flimsy little profession.

    On top of that almost every major lore gob and gnome is a tinker, yet players can't be them.

    You have to see, whether you personally don't want tinkers or not that they are inevitable.

    Taking their inevitablility and combine that with the fact that wow is in need of a new class to bring back players and that the lack of Necro and DR in SL means no other class has priority then you know without a shadow of a doubt that Tinkers W I L L be WoW's next playable class come 10.0.
    You're making engineers and tinkers interchangeable. I understand the temptation but they're not exactly the same.

    Also, aside the chance of my memory being foggy, Gnomes only became a thing with WoW. Before that, they were in the RTS games indirectly. The equivalent of Goblins in WCII, for example, were the dwarven demoltion squads. On the other hand, gnomes showed up only in name, i.e Gnome Flying Machine or Gnomish submarine

  8. #30988
    I still remember when some people were absolutely 100% convinced Tinkers would be a new class in Shadowlands because something something "what resists death? Machines!" (Which is honestly really funny given everything we've seen in Zereth Mortis)

    Makes me smile.

    Not saying they can't be the new class (if there is one) in the next expansion but I just remember how 100% sure people were back pre-Shadowlands.

  9. #30989
    Dragon Isles just being 1 dungeon and/or zone would be hilarious. Just like Eye of Aszhara in Legion
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  10. #30990
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I still remember when some people were absolutely 100% convinced Tinkers would be a new class in Shadowlands because something something "what resists death? Machines!" (Which is honestly really funny given everything we've seen in Zereth Mortis)

    Makes me smile.

    Not saying they can't be the new class (if there is one) in the next expansion but I just remember how 100% sure people were back pre-Shadowlands.
    It was the leaks frankly. Also it was the pattern of WoW expansion releases where every other expansion released a new class since WotLK, so many thought that Blizzard HAD to release a class with 9.0. It’s easy to look back now and laugh about it, but at the time of the announcement, a lot of people were shocked that there was no new class. Not just Tinker proponents, but Dark Ranger and Necromancer fans as well.

  11. #30991
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It was the leaks frankly. Also it was the pattern of WoW expansion releases where every other expansion released a new class since WotLK, so many thought that Blizzard HAD to release a class with 9.0. It’s easy to look back now and laugh about it, but at the time of the announcement, a lot of people were shocked that there was no new class. Not just Tinker proponents, but Dark Ranger and Necromancer fans as well.
    Oh I get why, and I thought a class was in the workings too (just not tinkers, I figured necromancers or dark ranger, myself). And yeah I was surprised too.

    I just smile at how people were 100% sure about tinkers and also how funny it is the argument I saw that I mentioned (the whole "machines can't be killed, therefore they're perfect for fighting against the power of Death!") given Zereth Mortis and all the sorta-robots.

    I just like to hedge my bets and allow for surprises.

    (Also for what its worth, while I'm not all that hot for Tinkers, I will likely roll one provided Draenei can be one)

  12. #30992
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I know so and you would to if you look at the entire picture, but you won't if you insist on being biased.
    I don't mind Tinkers but even I wouldn't say it is certain just by virtue of the fact that Blizzard has made some unreal stupid decisions.

    I'm floored how feature lite SL remains to this day.

  13. #30993
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I still remember when some people were absolutely 100% convinced Tinkers would be a new class in Shadowlands because something something "what resists death? Machines!" (Which is honestly really funny given everything we've seen in Zereth Mortis)

    Makes me smile.

    Not saying they can't be the new class (if there is one) in the next expansion but I just remember how 100% sure people were back pre-Shadowlands.

    Well given what happened in mechagon I can understand that, but I wouldn't have pegged it as 100% chance because a death expansion was inevitable given Bolvar still had the crown, Sylvanas, and kelthuzad still being alive, and all the deathy stuff that happened in BFA.

    This meant that necros and DR were big contenders, especially since SL was in line to get a new class based off of the established pattern, but then oof no class.

    Since SL is the ultimate death expansion it was the perfect theme setting to have either Necro or DR. Since it was neither that means blizz has no intention of making them classes.

    This leaves tinker as the only established class from RTS to not be a class, not to mention the fact that nearly every lore heavy gob and gnome are Tinkers and players still can't play that iconic combo.

    Put it all together and say it with me now....


    TINKERS ARE WORLD OF WARCRAFTS NEWEST PLAYABLE CLASS COME 10.0.

    Put that in your sigs.

  14. #30994
    Herald of the Titans Graden's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilneas City
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so datamined stuff including a few new lines between the menethil family...that dont know they are the menethil family
    What? Can you elaborate please.

  15. #30995
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I don't mind Tinkers but even I wouldn't say it is certain just by virtue of the fact that Blizzard has made some unreal stupid decisions.

    I'm floored how feature lite SL remains to this day.
    I like to live dangerously.

  16. #30996
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well given what happened in mechagon I can understand that, but I wouldn't have pegged it as 100% chance because a death expansion was inevitable given Bolvar still had the crown, Sylvanas, and kelthuzad still being alive, and all the deathy stuff that happened in BFA.

    This meant that necros and DR were big contenders, especially since SL was in line to get a new class based off of the established pattern, but then oof no class.

    Since SL is the ultimate death expansion it was the perfect theme setting to have either Necro or DR. Since it was neither that means blizz has no intention of making them classes.

    This leaves tinker as the only established class from RTS to not be a class, not to mention the fact that nearly every lore heavy gob and gnome are Tinkers and players still can't play that iconic combo.

    Put it all together and say it with me now....


    TINKERS ARE WORLD OF WARCRAFTS NEWEST PLAYABLE CLASS COME 10.0.

    Put that in your sigs.

    Just like
    TINKERS ARE WORLD OF WARCRAFTS NEWEST PLAYABLE CLASS COME 4.0
    TINKERS ARE WORLD OF WARCRAFTS NEWEST PLAYABLE CLASS COME 5.0
    TINKERS ARE WORLD OF WARCRAFTS NEWEST PLAYABLE CLASS COME 6.0
    TINKERS ARE WORLD OF WARCRAFTS NEWEST PLAYABLE CLASS COME 7.0
    TINKERS ARE WORLD OF WARCRAFTS NEWEST PLAYABLE CLASS COME 8.0
    TINKERS ARE WORLD OF WARCRAFTS NEWEST PLAYABLE CLASS COME 9.0

  17. #30997
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Oh I get why, and I thought a class was in the workings too (just not tinkers, I figured necromancers or dark ranger, myself). And yeah I was surprised too.

    I just smile at how people were 100% sure about tinkers and also how funny it is the argument I saw that I mentioned (the whole "machines can't be killed, therefore they're perfect for fighting against the power of Death!") given Zereth Mortis and all the sorta-robots.

    I just like to hedge my bets and allow for surprises.
    Yeah, only one person here is 100% confident that Tinkers are next, and it isn’t me.

    (Also for what its worth, while I'm not all that hot for Tinkers, I will likely roll one provided Draenei can be one)
    You mean along these lines?



    I can see that being possible.

  18. #30998
    Tinkers are the Burning of Teldrassil of classes.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  19. #30999
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

    You mean along these lines?



    I can see that being possible.
    Hah in fact I think that might have been the art that made me reconsider.

  20. #31000
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I like to live dangerously.
    That's not living dangerously, that's just repeating a statement to the point of exasperation for everyone else without any actual consequence for being wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •