1. #31261
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    rein·​deer | \ ˈrān-ˌdir \ plural reindeer.
    Yeah.

    And again, where do you see the word SLEIGH?

    The guy said Reindeer. Singular or plural, he didn't mention the SLEIGH. That is a HUGE thing to miss.

    He didn't say Reindeer with sleigh. He didn't say Reindeer pulling the sleigh. He said Reindeer. That's all.

    The boss drops the updated Reindeer mount.
    That's it. Do you see any mention of sleigh in that?

  2. #31262
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Most? I look at the list of the leak and the only things I see "confirmed" are:

    -Khadgar is back
    -Winter Veil mount

    That's it.

    I feel like I'm missing something. What else in this "leak" is confirmed? I'm just not seeing it. Especially when the only two things I can even see as matching are damned easy guesses.



    Yes, and? Again, the "leak" says reindeer mount, not sleigh. That's a pretty big thing to miss. Saying just "reindeer" implies you ride the reindeer, not the sleigh (and seeing as Winter Veil has the Holly item that lets you transform your mount into a reindeer which you ride, that's highly likely what the "leaker" was going with).
    heritage weapons are being added

  3. #31263
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    heritage weapons are being added
    Yeah and they started 9.1.5, so that's not a hard thing to guess at.

  4. #31264
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Yeah.

    And again, where do you see the word SLEIGH?

    The guy said Reindeer. Singular or plural, he didn't mention the SLEIGH. That is a HUGE thing to miss.

    He didn't say Reindeer with sleigh. He didn't say Reindeer pulling the sleigh. He said Reindeer. That's all.



    That's it. Do you see any mention of sleigh in that?
    Joining in the nonsense bubble here, because it doesn't mention sleigh, doesn't mean this statement is incorrect. As the mount is a SLEIGH pulled by REINDEER, it is technically BOTH a sleigh AND a reindeer mount. A reindeer mount does not necessarily imply that you are riding the reindeer, but rather that the mount involves a reindeer. This is specific to the context here, are reindeer are often seen as pulling Santa's sleigh. If tomorrow somebody starts talking of a husky/huskies mount, I'm gonna imagine a sleigh pulled by huskies, not my character riding a husky.

  5. #31265
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    heritage weapons are being added
    Which are not on a vendor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Joining in the nonsense bubble here, because it doesn't mention sleigh, doesn't mean this statement is incorrect. As the mount is a SLEIGH pulled by REINDEER, it is technically BOTH a sleigh AND a reindeer mount. A reindeer mount does not necessarily imply that you are riding the reindeer, but rather that the mount involves a reindeer. This is specific to the context here, are reindeer are often seen as pulling Santa's sleigh. If tomorrow somebody starts talking of a husky/huskies mount, I'm gonna imagine a sleigh pulled by huskies, not my character riding a husky.
    I mean, lets be honest, if you are leaking an expansion, and one of the mounts is a sleigh pulled by two reindeer, you wouldn't call it a reindeer mount, you would call it a sleigh.

  6. #31266
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Which are not on a vendor.
    This I think is the most valid point against that leak. And you know what even about that mount... I think there were traces of it patches ago no? This leak feels like a recollection of previous unused things thrown into the leak to make it feel valid?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Which are not on a vendor.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean, lets be honest, if you are leaking an expansion, and one of the mounts is a sleigh pulled by two reindeer, you wouldn't call it a reindeer mount, you would call it a sleigh.
    I don't necessarily agree, some people put emphasis on the sleigh, some others on the reindeer. For me it's a sleigh, so I'd call it a sleigh too, but I'd understand calling it a reindeer mount.

  7. #31267
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Joining in the nonsense bubble here, because it doesn't mention sleigh, doesn't mean this statement is incorrect. As the mount is a SLEIGH pulled by REINDEER, it is technically BOTH a sleigh AND a reindeer mount. A reindeer mount does not necessarily imply that you are riding the reindeer, but rather that the mount involves a reindeer. This is specific to the context here, are reindeer are often seen as pulling Santa's sleigh. If tomorrow somebody starts talking of a husky/huskies mount, I'm gonna imagine a sleigh pulled by huskies, not my character riding a husky.
    You're not entirely wrong however people acting as if the EoA "leak" is somehow spot on aren't correct for a number of reasons.

    Heritage weapons were being added since before that "leak" as we saw Nightborne weapons added with Timewalking in 9.1.5.

    Guesses at a mount added for Winter Veil, which isn't a hard guess at all, especially given that's already happened (Grumpus mount)

    Guesses at Khadgar returning, not a hard guess at all. Major lore character returns. Might as well say "Thrall will show up in EoA."

    Yay, a "leak" got like, 2.5 points vaguely correct. Freaking Nostradamus, that guy.

  8. #31268
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This I think is the most valid point against that leak. And you know what even about that mount... I think there were traces of it patches ago no? This leak feels like a recollection of previous unused things thrown into the leak to make it feel valid?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't necessarily agree, some people put emphasis on the sleigh, some others on the reindeer. For me it's a sleigh, so I'd call it a sleigh too, but I'd understand calling it a reindeer mount.
    The sleigh is not a new thing. I think it added last year, as a little rollercoaster-esque ride in Orgrimmar/Ironforge.

  9. #31269
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, lets be honest, if you are leaking an expansion, and one of the mounts is a sleigh pulled by two reindeer, you wouldn't call it a reindeer mount, you would call it a sleigh.
    Absurdly specious. There are two major elements to the mount and anyone can describe it based entirely on either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The sleigh is not a new thing. I think it added last year, as a little rollercoaster-esque ride in Orgrimmar/Ironforge.
    It being a mount would be new just as the warpstalker as an existing creature since TBC was a new mount.

  10. #31270
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Absurdly specious. There are two major elements to the mount and anyone can describe it based entirely on either.
    I mean, usually you label mounts based on what you sit on.

    No one would call the sleigh mount a "reindeer mount", especially when the focus is on the sleigh and not on the reindeer.

    It's like describing a car crash as "two people colliding". Yeah, you are technically right, but practically, it's very silly.

    Also, I never said it wouldn't work as a mount, it's just that the leak is fake anyway. You can twist the things the leak says to fit what got added to the PTR as much as you want.

    You don't need to do that with real leaks.

  11. #31271
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, usually you label mounts based on what you sit on.
    If you want to be this pedantic they do not as mounts are not described as "saddle".

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    No one would call the sleigh mount a "reindeer mount"
    Weird contradiction since you are arguing mounts are described as the creatures not the saddles.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2022-03-24 at 07:25 PM.

  12. #31272
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    If you want to be this pedantic they do not as mounts are not described as "saddle".
    It's not about being pedantic.

    Show 100 people on the street an image of an horse carriage, and I can guarantee that not a single person would call the entire thing "horses".

    You just desperately want the leak to be real when at the end of the day, they are not adding a reindeer mount but a sleigh mount, therefore the leak is not real. That's not the only thing disproving the leak, but hey.

  13. #31273
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This I think is the most valid point against that leak. And you know what even about that mount... I think there were traces of it patches ago no? This leak feels like a recollection of previous unused things thrown into the leak to make it feel valid?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't necessarily agree, some people put emphasis on the sleigh, some others on the reindeer. For me it's a sleigh, so I'd call it a sleigh too, but I'd understand calling it a reindeer mount.
    The sleigh being a reindeer mount does make some sense. But it's difficutl to deny that it seems more like the leaker was banking on an actual reindeer mount from Winter Veil to work as a permanent version of the consumable that makes your mount into a reindeer.

    As has been said before: It seems that the leaker was banking on Blizzard adding more permanent holiday mounts based strictly on the already available event locked ones, like a permanent version of the Flying Broom mount from Hallow's End.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  14. #31274
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    You're not entirely wrong however people acting as if the EoA "leak" is somehow spot on aren't correct for a number of reasons.
    On that we agree, I was just arguing the terminology for that mount. For me the strongest point against that leak is the whole heritage weapons linked to a vendor: we know that's wrong, and I don't believe someone leaking the next expansion would have missed the development of specific questlines around those heritage weapons. So yeah, EoA is very likely to be false.

  15. #31275
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    On that we agree, I was just arguing the terminology for that mount. For me the strongest point against that leak is the whole heritage weapons linked to a vendor: we know that's wrong, and I don't believe someone leaking the next expansion would have missed the development of specific questlines around those heritage weapons. So yeah, EoA is very likely to be false.
    Also, Maghar Orc Warlock makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

  16. #31276
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Also, Maghar Orc Warlock makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    It doesn't, but with Blizzard, nothing remains out of reach

    That being said, Mag'har means Uncorrupted, as in literally those who did not drink Mannoroth's blood. You could still become a warlock decades after that, and not consume the said green juice

  17. #31277
    Also I have to say that if I was one of these hypothetical employees who knew a bunch of different stuff from various branches of development, I would have one hundred percent said that we are getting Raids+ in 9.2.5, which in turn seems like something that will almost definitely be used again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  18. #31278
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Also I have to say that if I was one of these hypothetical employees who knew a bunch of different stuff from various branches of development, I would have one hundred percent said that we are getting Raids+ in 9.2.5, which in turn seems like something that will almost definitely be used again.
    What's the raid+ thing? I think I may have missed that one!

  19. #31279
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It doesn't, but with Blizzard, nothing remains out of reach

    That being said, Mag'har means Uncorrupted, as in literally those who did not drink Mannoroth's blood. You could still become a warlock decades after that, and not consume the said green juice
    I could see it fitting in the same way as Void Elf Warlocks—the primary theme would be using Voidwalkers and Affliction. However, I do also think that using the more corrupting elements of the Void or especially Fel is very much in contrast to the lore philosophy of the Mag'har.

  20. #31280
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    What's the raid+ thing? I think I may have missed that one!
    SL Season 4 will in addition to the extra dungeons and such for M+, also have a vaguely defined way of rerunning the older SL raids for competetive loot, as well as some rebalancing and the addition of a seasonal affix equivalent.

    So pretty much Raids+.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •