Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Taelia is her daughter
    Again I point at my theory that it feels like they built up Lilian & Taelia to be her daughter but they haven't decided which they want to go with.

It is very weird of Calia to be hanging out with Taelia & talking her to scold her father for not being in her life but also not telling her she is her mother. What kind of bullshit is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Death Knight class in WoW though is based entirely on the Death Knights (and undead faction) of WC3, and we were talking about WoW classes.

Also while the Monk is a RPG staple, WoW's Monk class is based on the Pandaren Brewmaster hero. Hence why the class is Pandaren-based with the Brewmaster's abilities in the Tank and DPS spec, and multiple empowering brews throughout all three of its specs.
    Cope. What exactly do you think they based the Warcraft 3 class on? We've already demonstated how most of the WoW classes are not based on W3 Hero classes? Priest is completely unrelated to Tyrande. Hunter didn't get a Warcraft 3 ability until Wrath. Rogue didn't get a Warden ability until Cataclysm. If you're arguing they waited 3+ expansions to give them abilities they were always supposed to have you're completely delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Cope. What exactly do you think they based the Warcraft 3 class on?
    Classic RPG tropes. Where and when did I say that Blizzard created classic RPG tropes btw?

We've already demonstated how most of the WoW classes are not based on W3 Hero classes? Priest is completely unrelated to Tyrande.
    https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=19305/starshards

Hunter didn't get a Warcraft 3 ability until Wrath.
    https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=19506/trueshot-aura

Rogue didn't get a Warden ability until Cataclysm.
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?spell=51723

If you're arguing they waited 3+ expansions to give them abilities they were always supposed to have you're completely delusional.
    No, they stagger their releases in order to have new abilities for future expansions. Thus, players are excited when a classic WC3 ability arrives in WoW. Feral Spirit for Shaman, Stampede for Hunters, Starfall for Druids, and Avatar for Warriors are just a few examples of WC3 abilities that arrived in WoW classes after Vanilla.

Love people claiming that warcrafts story going into new territory mean no classes from w3 will make it in. Yeah right... Let's just put in some random ass class out of thin air just because. Not like we already got a super popular class concept waiting to be used which has been ingrained to the very fiber of warcraft lore

Again, lack of a new class in SL means NOTHING has priority over tinkers, absolutely NOTHING. Not Necro, not DR, not bard(lol), not blademaster, not warden.

Think about, the pattern dictates we get a new class every two expansions. Why oh why did we not get Necro or DR in SL? Because blizzard know what class they want to make next and unfortunately it wasn't time yet story wise.

Now that gallywix was seen in Tazavesh, we know that tinker shenanigans are about to go down. Just stop righting and join the band wagon already.

God I can't wait till the 19th...

snip
    Now you're saying Hunters are based on Priestess of the Moon? Okay sure. I hope the new class is Space Marine. If it just uses Tinker W3 moves that's fine. I was off by one expansion on Fan of Knives. That doesn't invalidate my point. Basing a class on a W3 hero & pulling a W3 hero ability when brainstorming new abilities YEARS LATER is not the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Now that gallywix was seen in Tazavesh, we know that tinker shenanigans are about to go down. Just stop righting and join the band wagon already.
    Is Gallywix even a Tinker? His class is Capitalist.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-03-26 at 05:12 AM.

I'm sorry, the writing is on the wall. Tinker is coming. You can either get over yourself and stop crying about them not including your dream OC class concepts invented from thin air and enjoy the eventual reveal, or keep crying for another expansion. Dark Ranger had it's shot, and the devs responded soundly with "it's already in the game, play Hunter". I'm hot happy about it. The "wacky" shit like Gnomes and Goblins ruined Warcraft, and is a major reason I hope for a Warcraft 4 which ignores WoW and wacky unfitting shit, but the writings on the wall.

Again I point at my theory that it feels like they built up Lilian & Taelia to be her daughter but they haven't decided which they want to go with.

It is very weird of Calia to be hanging out with Taelia & talking her to scold her father for not being in her life but also not telling her she is her mother. What kind of bullshit is that?
    i believe that they will justify the "oh my god we are a family?!?!?!" storyline by saying that when she was revived it messed with her memories so she forgot her daughter's name. The whole idea that she lost her daughter and husband in a scourge attack and they lost their mother/wife in a scourge attack is too coincidental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you're saying Hunters are based on Priestess of the Moon? Okay sure.
    No, I'm saying that the Hunter class in WoW comes from multiple sources in WC3 and a LOT of their material originated in the Night Elf faction. Tyrande in WC3 was a Priest/Hunter hybrid character, and her abilities were used to seed both classes.

To illustrate it for you, these are the top three classes for Night Elf players;

Notice the bow Tyrande is holding?

I hope the new class is Space Marine. If it just uses Tinker W3 moves that's fine. I was off by one expansion on Fan of Knives. That doesn't invalidate my point.
    Cope.

Classic RPG tropes. Where and when did I say that Blizzard created classic RPG tropes btw?

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=19305/starshards

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=19506/trueshot-aura

https://wotlk.evowow.com/?spell=51723

No, they stagger their releases in order to have new abilities for future expansions. Thus, players are excited when a classic WC3 ability arrives in WoW. Feral Spirit for Shaman, Stampede for Hunters, Starfall for Druids, and Avatar for Warriors are just a few examples of WC3 abilities that arrived in WoW classes after Vanilla.
    I think I've figured out the problem. You're mentally stuck in Wrath, where we were still thinking "Oh hey man, when are they gonna add "thing from Warcraft 3?"

Well it's over, they added them all. Long, long ago. It's time to move on.

It's absolutely astonishing, and a little bit sad to see you say "Priests are a Warcraft 3 concept because they had Starshards"; like, is literally impossible to use ANYTHING as inspiration without you thinking its rooted in that concept? Not minding that Starshards is completely and utterly gone and was only on 1/5 available Priest races at the time. Dude just take the L.

You throw away any evidence to the contrary and cling to singular instances like devs don't take any inspiration from their previous work without being beholden to it. It's absolutely tiring. I say again, no wonder people are fucking tired of hearing you go on and on about Tinkers. Same with Varx, but I'm pretty sure he's trying to be that obnoxious about it on purpose.

It'd be cool if this thread ever actually speculated on the next expansion instead of endlessly crying over the next class being Tinker because of made-up rules and patterns people have invented to cope about Dark Ranger being relegated to a transmog and a talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    I think I've figured out the problem. You're mentally stuck in Wrath, where we were still thinking "Oh hey man, when are they gonna add "thing from Warcraft 3?"
    Well, after WotLK, they added the Brewmaster-based Monk class and the Demon Hunter class, which also originated in WC3.

It's absolutely astonishing, and a little bit sad to see you say "Priests are a Warcraft 3 concept because they had Starshards"; like, is literally impossible to use ANYTHING as inspiration without you thinking its rooted in that concept? Not minding that Starshards is completely and utterly gone and was only on 1/5 available Priest races at the time. Dude just take the L.
    I never said that PotM was the only source for the Priest class. The Priest class also sourced abilities from Priests and other units.

You throw away any evidence to the contrary and cling to singular instances like devs don't take any inspiration from their previous work without being beholden to it. It's absolutely tiring. I say again, no wonder people are fucking tired of hearing you go on and on about Tinkers. Same with Varx, but I'm pretty sure he's trying to be that obnoxious about it on purpose.
    Actually, I haven't discussed Tinkers for several posts. The majority of these recent posts have been about WC3 and classes in general.

No, I'm saying that the Hunter class in WoW comes from multiple sources in WC3 and a LOT of their material originated in the Night Elf faction. Tyrande in WC3 was a Priest/Hunter hybrid character, and her abilities were used to seed both classes.

To illustrate it for you, this is the top three classes for Night Elf players;
    I agree with you, but if they add the mechanics of a W3 Tinker & give it to a new class not called Tinker, like they did here with giving the Hunter abilities from Priestess of the Moon, that in your logic, counts as basing a class on Tinker. For example, the Necrolord Scientist companion in the Maw Assualt uses abilities similar to the Warcraft 3 Tinker, but he throws potions & turns into a hulk-like version of Robo-goblin & Demolish.

Then that's equally as likely as if they base a new class on some of the other dozens of W3 hero abilities not currently in WoW.

Fuck me, I fell into the trap again.

Again, a staggering lack of self-awareness. I actually seriously believe there's an issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    It'd be cool if this thread ever actually speculated on the next expansion instead of endlessly crying over the next class being Tinker because of made-up rules and patterns people have invented to cope about Dark Ranger being relegated to a transmog and a talent.
    I'd be more than happy to discuss a possible Undermine + Dragon Isle expansion. I think it has quite a bit of potential.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you, but if they add the mechanics of a W3 Tinker & give it to a new class not called Tinker, like they did here with giving the Hunter abilities from Priestess of the Moon, that in your logic, counts as basing a class on Tinker. For example, the Necrolord Scientist companion in the Maw Assualt uses abilities similar to the Warcraft 3 Tinker, but he throws potions & turns into a hulk-like version of Robo-goblin & Demolish.

Then that's equally as likely as if they base a new class on some of the other dozens of W3 hero abilities not currently in WoW.
    Well no. The classic WoW classes didn't follow the same development style as the expansion classes. The original 9 classes are almost entirely made up of several units and heroes mashed up into standard RPG classes. The only class where that really didn't happen was with the Paladin class that pretty much only pulled stuff from Paladins. Expansion classes tend to focus around a single hero, and that hero tends to be related thematically to the expansion the class releases in. So since the Tinker would obviously be an expansion class, it would follow the model of the previous expansion classes.

As I said before, the expansion classes follow their WC3 model very closely. If you look at a WC3 DK, it resembles a WoW DK. If you look at a WC3 Brewmaster, it resembles a WoW Monk. If you look at a WC3 Demon Hunter, it resembles a WoW Demon Hunter.

The WoW Tinker is going to resemble the WC3 Tinker.

Now you're saying Hunters are based on Priestess of the Moon? Okay sure. I hope the new class is Space Marine. If it just uses Tinker W3 moves that's fine. I was off by one expansion on Fan of Knives. That doesn't invalidate my point. Basing a class on a W3 hero & pulling a W3 hero ability when brainstorming new abilities YEARS LATER is not the same thing.Is Gallywix even a Tinker? His class is Capitalist.
    I think He is. He's ridden in spider mechs and the infamous Gmod.

Regardless, we he's up to in Tazavesh is probably gonna lead into some tinker related things. Who know what crazy broker/first ones tech hell get his hands on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyCheese View Post
    People forget that Cataclysm added new zones on top of the world revamp. Cata 2 could just have all the new zones condensed into the Dragon Isles instead of putting them all over the map disconnected.

Also haven't seen this posted yet: the new Belf heritage quest is labeled as "Quel'thalas" instead of Eversong/Ghostlands.

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/15...C56afkzegpAAAA

Well that is actually interesting isnt it?

I'd be more than happy to discuss a possible Undermine + Dragon Isle expansion. I think it has quite a bit of potential.

- - - Updated - - -

Well no. The classic WoW classes didn't follow the same development style as the expansion classes. The original 9 classes are almost entirely made up of several units and heroes mashed up into standard RPG classes. The only class where that really didn't happen was with the Paladin class that pretty much only pulled stuff from Paladins. Expansion classes tend to focus around a single hero, and that hero tends to be related thematically to the expansion the class releases in. So since the Tinker would obviously be an expansion class, it would follow the model of the previous expansion classes.

As I said before, the expansion classes follow their WC3 model very closely. If you look at a WC3 DK, it resembles a WoW DK. If you look at a WC3 Brewmaster, it resembles a WoW Monk. If you look at a WC3 Demon Hunter, it resembles a WoW Demon Hunter.

The WoW Tinker is going to resemble the WC3 Tinker.
    1.) Rogues
    2.) Runemaster was a serious contender for the Wotlk class
    3.) WoW Classes "resembling" WC3 Classes is the definition of confirmation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Fuck me, I fell into the trap again.

Again, a staggering lack of self-awareness. I actually seriously believe there's an issue here.
    It's...intense neurodivergence. There's no other explanation. It's not worth engaging.

1.) Rogues
    2.) Runemaster was a serious contender for the Wotlk class
    3.) WoW Classes "resembling" WC3 Classes is the definition of confirmation bias.
    Also, imagine looking at Demon Hunters and thinking their implementation in WoW is anything more than "Illidan cool, let's make something cool with that"

Like oh wow, they've got Metamorphosis, shocker. Everything else is completely original. I don't think a certain person understands that the driving factor here is *popularity and coolness*

I’d agree, Gallywix seems more of a president business type than Tinker. Gets power, gets big guns and powerful tools/toys.

Still though, that suggests that Gallywix has a top notch engineering team. I’d reckon one, if not many of them, would consider themselves as Tinkers, likely vying for Gallywix’s favor after being supplanted by Gazlowe.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Making up a problem and then complaining about said problem.