1. #31821
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    And the Skychaser?

  2. #31822
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And the Skychaser?
    I couldn't find that one, but the interceptor is obviously canon and has no reason to not be.

  3. #31823
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I couldn't find that one, but the interceptor is obviously canon and has no reason to not be.
    Well the Interceptor looks like an actual vehicle that can be piloted in lore, the Skychaser does not. It looks like one of those motorized cars for children. So I can buy the notion that one mount is lore based while the other was not, and was simply designed to have an Alliance equivalent to the Horde mount.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The Skychaser looks like a Fischer Price toy. I wouldn't choose to have it show up either.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-26 at 05:29 PM.

  4. #31824
    The Skychaser looks like a Fischer Price toy. I wouldn't choose to have it show up either.

  5. #31825
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,441
    Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    i mean, refugees had to pick up new skills and earn for a living in Stormwind. why not cookies? this is completely lore-friendly.
    Bobby could make a buck from product placement, writers could make a powerful statement about the effects of unbridled capitalism and racism on underprivileged populations. it's a win-win.
    That cooking profession will be worth leveling now.

  6. #31826
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    That cooking profession will be worth leveling now.
    wym? Cooking is one of the few professions that is always useful for leveling on at least you main character. You get plenty of mats par fish from just doing regular daily content (even more if you play alts) and mats can be got through other currencies or mission tables. And it is useful/required in all forms of endgame PvE content (not sure about pvp as I dont do it). Sure you can just buy the food but its much cheaper if you just level or craft even if you end up having to buy the fish
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  7. #31827
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    wym? Cooking is one of the few professions that is always useful for leveling on at least you main character. You get plenty of mats par fish from just doing regular daily content (even more if you play alts) and mats can be got through other currencies or mission tables. And it is useful/required in all forms of endgame PvE content (not sure about pvp as I dont do it). Sure you can just buy the food but its much cheaper if you just level or craft even if you end up having to buy the fish
    It's still a fun and useful prof but I haven't bothered. I prioritize roleplay, so chef's hat is the only thing I'd get out of it.

  8. #31828
    Holy shit the Tinker Worshipper is blaspheming a Gnomish marvel.

    Dude if my Skychaser isn't a canon-appropriate mount, your fucking Dragon/Demon Soul/Azerite Titan-Mech-God Tinker fantasies are OUT son.

    As if the Gnomish mounts we've seen from Ulduar and Mechagon aren't more wacky than the Skychaser, which is at worst- a cumbersomely overdesigned (in-world that is) mechanical wonder, like the Turbo Charged Flying Machine, but with Wood-plating.

    I'd say it's more realistic than the ACTUAL Alliance Skyships to say the least, caricatured as it is.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2022-03-26 at 05:41 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

  9. #31829
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Holy shit the Tinker Worshipper is blaspheming a Gnomish marvel.

    Dude if my Skychaser isn't a canon-appropriate mount, your fucking Dragon/Demon Soul/Azerite Titan-Mech-God Tinker fantasies are OUT son.

    As if the Gnomish mounts we've seen from Ulduar and Mechagon aren't more wacky than the Skychaser, which is at worst- a cumbersomely overdesigned (in-world that is) mechanical wonder, like the Turbo Charged Flying Machine, but with Wood-plating.
    I hope you're not talking about this;



    The design of this runs circles around that god-awful Skychaser mount. The Steamscale is a real beauty, which is why I made it my team's namesake. It is the perfect blend of draconic and mechanical themes.

    Could it be canon? Definitely a possibility.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-26 at 05:45 PM.

  10. #31830
    NO. NOBODTY FUCKING IS

    It's not like you're god damn PAID to be this obnoxious so what the fuck gives

    I mean seriously, stop spamming these forums with the same 6 images
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

  11. #31831
    Man who hurt you?

  12. #31832
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    SNIP
    You literally said that rogues got their skill concepts from blademasters and even creeps but go ahead and pretend ignorance.

  13. #31833
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    NO. NOBODTY FUCKING IS
    Uh, you did;

    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Dude if my Skychaser isn't a canon-appropriate mount, your fucking Dragon/Demon Soul/Azerite Titan-Mech-God Tinker fantasies are OUT son.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    You literally said that rogues got their skill concepts from blademasters and even creeps but go ahead and pretend ignorance.
    Yes, in response to someone asking me where the Rogue got their abilities from in WC3.

  14. #31834
    In case of endlessly bickering about the same thing, ignore lists exist, people. Get a grip.

  15. #31835
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, in response to someone asking me where the Rogue got their abilities from in WC3.
    I asked it in hopes you would realize the double-logic you were using: You kept insisting that they can't add bards because they can't create a new class by pulling pre-existing W3 abilities into a new class when clearly they can. IE. Rogues. There are still a lot of W3 abilities unaccounted for.

  16. #31836
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    In case of endlessly bickering about the same thing, ignore lists exist, people. Get a grip.
    I hate how toxic the WoW community has become and continues to be over time. It’s a video game. We literally have like 24 days until the official announcement. A real “leak” may or may not happen; enjoy the fun and be kind!

  17. #31837
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    In case of endlessly bickering about the same thing, ignore lists exist, people. Get a grip.
    But if I abandon an argument instead of trying to get the last word, that means I am wrong and therefore stupid and a bad person! Don't you understand the obvious truth that not arguing = people might leave without feeling like you owned them = you're wrong and bad and stupid?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I remember at the end of MoP people were excited for a potential Timewarder class based on the NPCs on the Timeless Isle. That would have been an original concept!

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-to-be-in-WoD
    I always did find it oddly specific that there were three subsets of them. You know, I almost wonder if they were intended as a class for WoD but they realized it would be too resource-intensive to make a new class three expansions in a row?

  18. #31838
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I asked it in hopes you would realize the double-logic you were using: You kept insisting that they can't add bards because they can't create a new class by pulling pre-existing W3 abilities into a new class when clearly they can. IE. Rogues.
    I never said that. I said they're unlikely to add Bards because there's no major Bard hero character in lore, Blizzard eliminated the Bard playstyle in Wrath, and there isn't a history of a Bard class in Warcraft. This includes the WoW RPG which frankly included a wide variety of classes. I do believe that might be due to Metzen supposedly believing that Bards were "too soft" for Warcraft.

    Interestingly, the WoW RPG included Death Knights, Brewmasters (Monks), and Demon Hunter classes before we got them in WoW the game. So that is something to consider.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-26 at 06:12 PM.

  19. #31839
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    In case of endlessly bickering about the same thing, ignore lists exist, people. Get a grip.
    This, I have put a few people on it now as I got tired of the pointless debate..

  20. #31840
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which they won't, because ETC isn't a legitimate lore character. He's a spoof of a rock band made up of Blizzard employees and of the Tauren Chieftain hero from WC3. When he leads us in a raid, or helps us slay a dragon, then he'll be considered for contention.
    Chen was a joke character until he wasn't. All they have to do is decide the character is legitimate. Which is good for you because I'd describe Mekkatorque as a joke character too.

    Don't say "but he's a racial leader." He's gotten less character focus in 20 years than Calia had in 4, and she's just some dev's Orzhov mary sue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I never said that. I said they're unlikely to add Bards because there's no major Bard hero character in lore, Blizzard eliminated the Bard playstyle in Wrath, and there isn't a history of a Bard class in Warcraft. This includes the WoW RPG which frankly included a wide variety of classes. I do believe that might be due to Metzen supposedly believing that Bards were "too soft" for Warcraft.
    You repeatedly described Bards as "impossible" to add to WoW. So you did say that. And that's been the entirety of everyone's problem with your argument so I'm glad you've recanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    This, I have put a few people on it now as I got tired of the pointless debate..
    Nothing's stopping you from introducing a more interesting topic. It's not our fault the post-finale content drought is real.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-03-26 at 06:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •