Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Draenei - They still live in a crashed ship since TBC. Like repair it maybe, please? At least Velen is doing fine, even after he was forced to kill his son and childhood friends.
    It got scrapped for the vindicar.

Tyrande's people are also currently chilling either in SW as refugees or in Hyjal if they are part of the military. At least the book before SL painted it like that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Not sure why people think Khadgar is retiring or going to die. He's been "retired" for the past 5 years. I'm not sure why people think he's going to die too.

He is probably the most universally liked character in WoW currently. If anything, him showing up to explore the Shadowlands is a hook for his future role going forward.

Maybe he brings back new learned knowledge with him, or new races, or an old character.

I just want more Alleria/Khadgar that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

You know, that doesn't sound that bad. We can't remodel the exterior, but plenty of rooms to mess with. Deadwind Pass doesn't get enough use anyway.
    Phase deadwind so that the more we work on Kara the more the zone reflects it

Oh you slayed the 5 demon bosses that you could summon? Well the demon hunters have given you a few things including guards and transmog

You have 400 mounts? Well Nesingwary has a special beast for you to hunt in the new zone and you get it’s baby as a mount and his safari has made a place outside

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Not sure why people think Khadgar is retiring or going to die. He's been "retired" for the past 5 years. I'm not sure why people think he's going to die too.

He is probably the most universally liked character in WoW currently. If anything, him showing up to explore the Shadowlands is a hook for his future role going forward.

Maybe he brings back new learned knowledge with him, or new races, or an old character.
    He’s preparing for death
    Just look at how he talks

Because they made a scene about him being the most tired, weary, decrepit old man possible? He is practically shopping for a grave with that kind of dialogue. The current writers also want to get the old stuff out and want to get the new in, which means everyone not being part of the core cast is kinda in danger of removal, especially if they are powerful enough to poke holes into their paper thin plots. Golden probably wants her pet character to be guardian as well and Kadghar is in the way of that after realizing that having a guardian is a bad idea.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I just want more Alleria/Khadgar that's it.
    Alleria is likely. Now that Sylvanas needs to do community service in the Maw she and Vereesa need to provide the fan service for Danuser. The latter doesn't have the typical updated Vindrunner model yet, by the way. Also Alleria is the wife of the current Alliance Regent, so yep. She is likely going to be more prominent now.

Or, maybe his VA hasn't voiced him in over 5 years? His VA is also 70 now, the tone of your voice changes with age.

You're looking into things too much that aren't there.

If they were going to "retire" Khadgar, they'd have done it with the Legion epilogue where he stated that he wasn't going to involve himself in the faction war and that he was going back into Karazhan to chill.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2022-03-28 at 08:31 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Because they made a scene about him being the most tired, weary, decrepit old man possible? He is practically shopping for a grave with that kind of dialogue. The current writers also want to get the old stuff out and want to get the new in, which means everyone not being part of the core cast is kinda in danger of removal, especially if they are powerful enough to poke holes into their paper thin plots. Golden probably wants her pet character to be guardian as well and Kadghar is in the way of that after realizing that having a guardian is a bad idea.
    Let's do a crossover event with Genshin Impact. Wansheng Funeral parlor has a sale right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Doesn't that inherently suggest the destruction of the setting, or at least a major hook to push us to more cosmic plots?
    Not inherently. The tease just needs to be resolved. That could resolve in a number of ways. We could simply soothe baby back to sleep and guarantee another thousand years of hibernation or some such. When something has been teased for this long, I just lose investment, as there is no reason to believe that they intend to resolve it at all.

His VA is also 70 now, the tone of your voice changes with age.
    Which may also be a reason for Blizzard to retire the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They have simply changed VAs before, sometimes without any need for it. That is hardly a reason to retire characters for a franchise that moves at glacial speeds.

Also it was hardly just the delivery, it was also what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Doubtful. Many VA's continue well into old age, much older than 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    They have simply changed VAs before, sometimes without any need for it.
    Not the main reason, but maybe they saw they wouldn't be using the character for at least the next couple of expansions, and thought it's best to retire him officially in-game now that the actor is still available. Particularly if he just Poochies away and doesn't die in some spectacular heroic way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Eric Cartman's voice actor also got older but they didn't change VA. They simply edit the voice and he sounds perfectly. Blizz doesn't need to retire the character just because he's old.
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Alleria is likely. Now that Sylvanas needs to do community service in the Maw she and Vereesa need to provide the fan service for Danuser. The latter doesn't have the typical updated Vindrunner model yet, by the way. Also Alleria is the wife of the current Alliance Regent, so yep. She is likely going to be more prominent now.
    Ah yes time to butcher the rest of the sisters..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyCheese View Post
    The reveal announcement says next adventure is on/in Azeroth.
    I'm pretty sure this is just their way of saying "adventures in the world of Warcraft" without using the game's name

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    3 weeks from today, we'll be celebrating the dawn of the final day before the big reveal. I am equal parts excited and deflated, man this pre-season has lasted so long. Give me back BlizzCons in November and predictable announcement calendars, please.

Anyway.

Dragons. Revamp. I feel like we can't go wrong.
    will you change your name?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

5+ Year Old Account

Well who beside Genn wasn't butchered, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    3 weeks from today, we'll be celebrating the dawn of the final day before the big reveal. I am equal parts excited and deflated, man this pre-season has lasted so long. Give me back BlizzCons in November and predictable announcement calendars, please.

Anyway.

Dragons. Revamp. I feel like we can't go wrong.
    Let's revamp dragons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for the next trilogy of expansions to feature another Windrunner as the focal character.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Can't wait for the next trilogy of expansions to feature another Windrunner as the focal character.
    Alleria does feel inevitable though. Feels like she was introduced in the way she was entirely so she can be the lead-in to a Void expansion and that likely will include a storyline that ties in the expansion immediately preceding. I'd expect Alleria to open the way for the void (maybe through the Sunwell given her stated intent to have Quel'thalas rejoin the Alliance) and do at least one other horrible thing (kill either Turalyon or Arator) only for the other one to help her pull back; it would also be the best time for them to get Sylvanas out of the narrative fridge if it is all sufficiently in the future.