1. #33121
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,376
    Turalyon will welcome the Light in, conflict ensues cause it starts recruiting people but not everyone wants to join, he struggles with his faith and then we eventually get the 'big deicision' moment where he realizes that forcing people into your religion is a massive dick move.

    And then the Light messes with his head the same way it does with the Lightbound and we get to smack the corruption out of as we always do.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  2. #33122
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    He found out about a threat that only the light can defend against. Sounds original, isn't it?
    But he'll only warn us about that threat with his vague last few words.

  3. #33123
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Ok so that makes it 5/6 confirmed Cosmic Forces wanting to take control of Azeroth (Order through Titans, Death through Zovaal, Life through Elune, Void through Old Gods, Chaos through Burning Legion).

    So just left for us to see Light actually show its hand and interest in it
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  4. #33124
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    It was intended for the Death of Chromie scenario and was accidently shipped despite being dropped early on.
    No indication of that being remotely accurate.

  5. #33125
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Ok so that makes it 5/6 confirmed Cosmic Forces wanting to take control of Azeroth (Order through Titans, Death through Zovaal, Life through Elune, Void through Old Gods, Chaos through Burning Legion).

    So just left for us to see Light actually show its hand and interest in it
    The seventh force seeking to take control of Azeroth is... Forum Armchair Developers!

  6. #33126
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Also still interesting to me what Elune is, she might not be just a Life equivalent of Titans or Eternal ones, her influence transcends how she affects cosmic forces. In SL we find out she can choose if Nelf souls go to the shadowlands or not. In Legion she restores the heart of a Naaru (a Prime Naaru at that), her power is at least at the level of the titans since she has a Pillar of Creation which are usually titan related. Seems like she also spans multiple cosmic forces to me
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  7. #33127
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    But he'll only warn us about that threat with his vague last few words.
    Exactly. You just read my mind. This will be unlike anything other. Even newer thank walkable water.

  8. #33128
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    But he'll only warn us about that threat with his vague last few words.
    Also how him and Sylvanas never actually bothers to directly tell us what the plan supposedly is.

    This has been a constant problem ever since Legion now. Why couldn't Sylvanas just have a sit-down with Anduin and other faction leaders and just tell them what she learned? Worst case they don't believe her. Best case she gets Azeroth to join her and the Jailer. She has almost nothing to lose by telling people what her plan is.

    Why was it necessary to be villain supreme in BfA at all? The whole deal with burning Teldrassil is completely unnecessary for her plans as they are currently explained.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #33129
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also still interesting to me what Elune is, she might not be just a Life equivalent of Titans or Eternal ones, her influence transcends how she affects cosmic forces. In SL we find out she can choose if Nelf souls go to the shadowlands or not. In Legion she restores the heart of a Naaru (a Prime Naaru at that), her power is at least at the level of the titans since she has a Pillar of Creation which are usually titan related. Seems like she also spans multiple cosmic forces to me
    Which is why I want an Elune expansion and not a Dragon expansion.

  10. #33130
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The seventh force seeking to take control of Azeroth is... Forum Armchair Developers!
    Would be a nice meta if they could pull off a fourth wall break
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  11. #33131
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why was it necessary to be villain supreme in BfA at all? The whole deal with burning Teldrassil is completely unnecessary for her plans as they are currently explained.
    The way I understood it, every soul that enters the Maw grants the Janitor more power. So she needed lots and lots of death.

  12. #33132
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Also how him and Sylvanas never actually bothers to directly tell us what the plan supposedly is.

    This has been a constant problem ever since Legion now. Why couldn't Sylvanas just have a sit-down with Anduin and other faction leaders and just tell them what she learned? Worst case they don't believe her. Best case she gets Azeroth to join her and the Jailer. She has almost nothing to lose by telling people what her plan is.

    Why was it necessary to be villain supreme in BfA at all? The whole deal with burning Teldrassil is completely unnecessary for her plans as they are currently explained.
    They don't have to retcon stories if they don't actually tell the story. Smugly points at forehead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Would be a nice meta if they could pull off a fourth wall break
    As much as I enjoy games like Undertale sweeping the rug under the player's feet and calling them on their actions, I don't think the Warcraft franchise is the right place for such things. Not outside of Hearthstone, at least.

  13. #33133
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Which is why I want an Elune expansion and not a Dragon expansion.
    As long as they remember all Elune lore, and not just make Elune=Life.

    Like my headcanon is that Elune was the original seed of a seventh force and azeroth is what she is nurturing as an offspring. Maybe she is allowing everything because she needs the cosmic forces mixed (and not a cosmos divided)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  14. #33134
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    They should be based on the August Celestials since they are already Wild Gods. Black Ox form for bear, white tiger for cat, red crane for moonkin, and jade serpent for incarnation: tree of life.
    Based on their behaviour and focus, i'd swap crane and serpent.

  15. #33135
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    As long as they remember all Elune lore, and not just make Elune=Life.

    Like my headcanon is that Elune was the original seed of a seventh force and azeroth is what she is nurturing as an offspring. Maybe she is allowing everything because she needs the cosmic forces mixed (and not a cosmos divided)
    I think the Elune interaction in Shadowlands was a step too far. She is interesting because of the mystery. Once revealed, she loses everything that made her interesting.

  16. #33136
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Sounds original, isn't it?
    it's only makes it more likely lol.
    but it would be better if they acknowledged that elves on both factions tortured naaru for personal gain - a sacrilege from the light's pov. the army issues an ultimatum to give up all the elves for a forceful extraction of light/void particles from their bodies along with ceding Sunwell with M'uuru inside to them. we refuse, they declare fatwa on everyone.
    even more interesting if they claim moral highground, referring to the fact that we allowed torturing beings of pure light and compassion - while themselves distilling the elves alive and putting the motto "in the light we are one" into practice by routinely capturing the souls of their fallen to be made into soul amalgamations. kills them definitevely, no SL nonsense.
    Turalyon is brought into all this because of his guilt for allowing Xe'ra to be destroyed, not being the hero of her prophecy, then his son/state of Lordaeron/etc, it's simple and therefore probable.

  17. #33137
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I think the Elune interaction in Shadowlands was a step too far. She is interesting because of the mystery. Once revealed, she loses everything that made her interesting.
    You mean like Titans, Old Gods, the Burning Legion and the realm of death?

  18. #33138
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    As long as they remember all Elune lore, and not just make Elune=Life.

    Like my headcanon is that Elune was the original seed of a seventh force and azeroth is what she is nurturing as an offspring. Maybe she is allowing everything because she needs the cosmic forces mixed (and not a cosmos divided)
    With the night warrior stuff, Elune is definitely not just life. Hell before the official Shadowlands reveal and Eternal Ones, I was fairly positive that Elune was a death goddess. If not THE death goddess. Obviously that role went to the Winter Queen, but I maintain that she has a darker side. At any rate she is more loyal to her sister than to her people.

  19. #33139
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I think the Elune interaction in Shadowlands was a step too far. She is interesting because of the mystery. Once revealed, she loses everything that made her interesting.
    To be honest only thing too far was WQueen referencing her as sister, but even that doesn't mean her actual sister. She probably meant that in the way that both of them are strongly tied to nature.

    Her allowing nelf souls to pass through the afterlife and not stopping the burning is at least well explained that she would help her sister in a time of need (drought) by bringing more souls, but not even she knew that all souls are going to the maw.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    With the night warrior stuff, Elune is definitely not just life. Hell before the official Shadowlands reveal and Eternal Ones, I was fairly positive that Elune was a death goddess. If not THE death goddess. Obviously that role went to the Winter Queen, but I maintain that she has a darker side. At any rate she is more loyal to her sister than to her people.
    Oh that definitely, what I'm saying is I hope they remember all of that and not rewrite he as just the life counterpart of WQueen
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  20. #33140
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    You mean like Titans, Old Gods, the Burning Legion and the realm of death?
    Exactly like that. Although Titans I feel received a decent enough payoff with Legion. The issue there is that they're significantly less interesting if we ever revisit them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •