Quote Originally Posted by Warferno View Post
    Source is trust me like all leaks here but for me personally this came from a family member who used to be a wow enthusiast who works in the industry and who attended the conference so it's credible enough for me.
    Why would they get this information at a random conference in Istanbul?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yeah, turns out he doesn't actually say he's staying in the Shadowlands. Just not coming back home to lead the Alliance. Up for grabs as to where he goes.

Wrathion romantic subplot time.
    Actually I think he will end up on the Dragon Isles with Wrathion.

Bolvar will want to go to the Dragon Isles to repent for what he did to the red dragons. Taelia will tag along. At some point they all meet up and Anduin gets a girlfriend. Bolvar reconnects with his daughter as well as regains some of his honor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    the Undead Vrykul from Stormheim and the Outlaw artifact story all seem to be Darkfallen..
    ??
    The undead in the outlaw quests use regular undead and skeleton models, and the Kvaldir only fit the "lower lvls of decay" characteristic and even that only about half of the time, as a lot of them are just Skeletons too.

If you mean the Runcarvers/Bonespeakers, all of them are alive for one and their eye colors aren't strictly red either, some are blue, some are orange.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why would they get this information at a random conference in Istanbul?
    They wouldn't. Whole thing reeks of bullshit but is vauge enough for a told you so if it ends up being legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Actually I think he will end up on the Dragon Isles with Wrathion.

Bolvar will want to go to the Dragon Isles to repent for what he did to the red dragons. Taelia will tag along. At some point they all meet up and Anduin gets a girlfriend. Bolvar reconnects with his daughter as well as regains some of his honor.
    You thought it was a new girlfriend, but it was me WrathDIOn.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ??
    The undead in the outlaw quests use regular undead and skeleton models, and the Kvaldir only fit the "lower lvls of decay" characteristic and even that only about half of the time, as a lot of them are just Skeletons too.

If you mean the Runcarvers/Bonespeakers, all of them are alive for one and their eye colors aren't strictly red either, some are blue, some are orange.
    Nah I meant the Alucard Vrykul spoof in the murloc area.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah I meant the Alucard Vrykul spoof in the murloc area.
    Oh yeah, the blood pirates in front of the castlevania temple.

I forgot about those.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ??

I think he specifically means this guy:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood-Thane_Lucard

Come to think of it, back in BfA Sylvanas tried to recruit the San'layin into the Horde. That could get a followup. Or Denathrius could take over.
    Honestly Revendreth and anything connected to it is one part that I've never read or heard any complaints about by any player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post

Come to think of it, back in BfA Sylvanas tried to recruit the San'layin into the Horde. That could get a followup. Or Denathrius could take over.
    Honestly Revendreth and anything connected to it is one part that I've never read or heard any complaints about by any player.
    I think the whole deal where the San'layn killed and consumed a whole bunch of Forsaken likely undercut diplomatic relations with the Horde a tad.

But who knows, this was BfA Horde, where nothing short of complete and utter annihilation of the Horde as a whole was enough to make them consider not backing Sylvanas' plans, so maybe they considered a few lost troops an acceptable trade for vampires.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post

I'll have to go over there but I think there is a lore item in the crypt suggesting Lucard was transformed the same way Admiral Goreblade was; by Talgath into a vampiric form of undeath through the Dreadblades. Could be that the Darkfallen is a special form of Necromancy that the Nathrezim used on the San'layn. It makes sense that Eredar like Talgath may have been taught such magic and that the Valkyr serving Zovaal may have also known this same form of undeath (since they bestowed it on Nathanos and Sylvanas).

Wish SHadowlands never happened and Revendreth was the remnants of Nathreza. Which is where I assume Denathrius went.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to go over there but I think there is a lore item in the crypt suggesting Lucard was transformed the same way Admiral Goreblade was; by Talgath into a vampiric form of undeath through the Dreadblades. Could be that the Darkfallen is a special form of Necromancy that the Nathrezim used on the San'layn. It makes sense that Eredar like Talgath may have been taught such magic and that the Valkyr serving Zovaal may have also known this same form of undeath (since they bestowed it on Nathanos and Sylvanas).

Wish SHadowlands never happened and Revendreth was the remnants of Nathreza. Which is where I assume Denathrius went.
    Well considering the venthyr and Denathrius I wouldn't be surprised if vampirism ended up being related to Nathrezim via blades not unlike the one Denathrius is contained in.
    That could lead to some cool phase transitions. You beat a boss, but they stab themselves with their swords and turn into vampires.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think the whole deal where the San'layn killed and consumed a whole bunch of Forsaken likely undercut diplomatic relations with the Horde a tad.

But who knows, this was BfA Horde, where nothing short of complete and utter annihilation of the Horde as a whole was enough to make them consider not backing Sylvanas' plans, so maybe they considered a few lost troops an acceptable trade for vampires.
    Well they need something to counter werewolves on the Alliance side. Time to recruit their mortal enemies.

The fact that any individual dreadlord would ultimately serve anyone but themselves rubs me the wrong way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The fact that any individual dreadlord would ultimately serve anyone but themselves rubs me the wrong way.
    They think they don't, but they do.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I like the idea that they would betray everyone else but not each other (unless under extreme duress like with Varimathras) and certainly not their dad. I think it's much more interesting to have a race that is extremely deceitful and at the same time extremely loyal to their own.

I like the idea that they would betray everyone else but not each other (unless under extreme duress like with Varimathras) and certainly not their dad. I think it's much more interesting to have a race that is extremely deceitful and at the same time extremely loyal to their own.
    I'd almost go for the opposite, a race created for deception that is unable to resist betraying everyone they work with, even if they don't really have a reason to, or a hidden master. Intelligent and sentient, but with such a strong instinct that they feel powerless to their own nature.

Not to go back to the previous conversation about "fiction representing modern issues", but there could be some commentary on addiction to go along with that. Lothraxion legitimally wanting to give himself to a higher power, and maybe failing to do so.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2022-03-31 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'd almost go for the opposite, a race created for deception that is unable to resist betraying everyone they work with, even if they don't really have a reason to, or a hidden master. Intelligent and sentient, but with such a strong instinct that they feel powerless to their own nature.

Not to go back to the previous conversation about "fiction representing modern issues", but there could be some commentary on addiction to go along with that. Lothraxion legitimally wanting to give himself to a higher power, and maybe failing to do so.
    I'm imagining a Dreadlord that believes in honesty, and works to subvert the rest of their society. They'd be seen as evil.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post

A level squish every couple of years is fine (maybe the next time we get to 100 or 120) but I wouldn't vote for it right now. It feels unnecessary.
    Dropping from 100 to 50 would feel most natural way to do it, just halve everything. 120 to 50 seemed bit weird, but they wanted 60 to be the SL cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It was, Council of Glades was around when we were speculating about 8.0, and then 9.0 speculation was also bringing up Lordaeron because of the mess BfA left.
    Wasn't Council of Glades WoD era? Or was that just The Dark Below?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm imagining a Dreadlord that believes in honesty, and works to subvert the rest of their society. They'd be seen as evil.
    I mean... Lothraxion? Maybe he is legitimately trying to be "good," but deep down, he only did so to betray his race. And once he's been fully accepted, that urge to betray will begin to stir once more...

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Oh, the leak is real, things just changed since then" is my favourite cope, because it essentially means that nothing in the leak matches with reality and you just want it to be real.

Orcs LITERALLY get corrupted by even being exposed to fel magic. They don't have to use it. They get corrupted simply from being close to people practicing it. A Mag'har Orc Warlock wouldn't be a Mag'har Orc Warlock. It would be an Orc. It would no longer be uncorrupted lmao.

And yes, it's not a reindeer mount. This is a reindeer mount and is probably what the OP banked on. And while there are reindeers involved in that mount, if you call that a reindeer mount, then you are being obtuse on purpose.
    I'm always amused by people going "well things have changed since the leak" or "leakers put in a bunch of fake parts to hide the truth". Its just goalpost moving.

And yeah as I've argued a bit zealously, the reindeer mount does not match to a sleigh. Yes, they are involved in a sleigh, but the "leaker" didn't say anything about a sleigh, just a reindeer mount. Its a big omission. Furthermore the mount is PH anyway and currently lists Uncle Bigpockets in Kun-lai as a vendor so it could be damn near anything right now anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Wasn't Council of Glades WoD era? Or was that just The Dark Below?
    That was 2015 soo actually Legion. As in CoG was a thing a year into WoD.