Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Idk the spider good WQ in ZM makes me groan every time its up.
    Not that there are not annoying ones, but we also have world quests like " click on 8 easily visible vombata", "pick 40 honey", or "click on 6 terminals".

Annoying world quests existed back in Legion and BfA too, just like here, and usually you just end up ignoring them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    which one?
    EoA

Said stormwind was getting updated for worgen and VElf

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    While this would certainly allow for a bigger expansion overall, I'm not sure I agree about the level of effort. Class Skins feel like they would turn out a lot like what Blizz said about artifact weapon designs in interviews: looks like less work up front, but once you get into the sheer enormity of what all they require it turns out to be more work than they would've had otherwise. It would certainly cut down on the amount of level design to a certain extent, though updating revamped zones & redoing quests to fit will in itself also be a massive undertaking.

It would be a neat expansion, one I'd be very interested in. But I'm not sure that I buy it would be less effort.

Well I'm not a game dev, so I may be talking out of my anus. But Class Skins require all the work a class would need, but don't require ability balancing. It is purely visual. As for a revamp, it definitely is a huge undertaking, but less than a new zone from scratch. Especially if they do something like revamp Duskwood, where there is no need to change the architecture or the geography. Which is why they could revamp all of EK and Kalimdor back in Cataclysm, despite that being a fucking lot of zones. It is still a lot of work, but when they add new stuff, the maximum capacity is pretty much what we got with MoP. If they want to add more, they need to cheat somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    10.0 is going to shake up AND shock the MMORPG world. Just watch. 19 days and we will know. If I’m wrong, I will crawl back into my very small shell until 11.0 HYPE.
    It would be cool if you were correct, but Blizzard stopped being a trend setter like ten years ago. The only way they would shock the MMO world if the reveal is so lackluster the backlash causes them to go free to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    EoA

Said stormwind was getting updated for worgen and VElf
    Well they need a place. Either they get Gilneas City back (please oh please oh please) or they need to settle in Stormwind. Or wherever the fuck Night Elves will live.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Professions Land is indeed a devmap added in Shadowlands (9.1).
    Did it have an actual map file? I remember seeing the instance ID and name string, but thought it didn't come with a map.

Reminder that Blizzard had planned originally for the Gilneans to have a district in Stormwind way back when, only to shoot down the idea since they said the aesthetics clashed.

I'm still salty about that.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Did it have an actual map file? I remember seeing the instance ID and name string, but thought it didn't come with a map.
    Nope, it wasn't actually shipped to the public outside of the entry in the database table.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Reminder that Blizzard had planned originally for the Gilneans to have a district in Stormwind way back when, only to shoot down the idea since they said the aesthetics clashed.

I'm still salty about that.
    To be fair a Gilnean district would look odd in the all white marbles Stormwind city. Maybe if it had more colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    To be fair a Gilnean district would look odd in the all white marbles Stormwind city. Maybe if it had more colour.
    But a smoldering crater for years was A-OK.

And it'd fit in fine honestly, there's enough variation in the city as is anyway.

Or go white marble with a Gilnean style.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ear of Alexstrasza
    I've been reading it as Empire of Aspects. So just as fake as Empire of Dragons.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    no shame in being amateur, it just means you arent a professional logo artist. the fact that it convinced a few people means you did a good job, though. LOL
    ???????

It wasn't created with the intention to convince anyone, it's literally something I made for a speculation thread I posted on this forum. (Although I guess technically I didn't even "make" it since the AI did most of the heavy lifting on the logo.) I don't do the whole fake leak thing anymore, but if I did, I would try a bit harder to make it look believable.

Please use your brains, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    What would the acronym even be short for here anyway? Eye of Alexstrasza? Lol.
    Essence of An'she
    Embrace of An'she
    Essence of the Aspects
    Embrace of the Aspects
    Era of the Aspects
    Eroticism of Anduin
    Empire of the Aspects
    Empress/Emperor of the Ages

Could be anything really.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    But a smoldering crater for years was A-OK.

And it'd fit in fine honestly, there's enough variation in the city as is anyway.
    Also that Everbloom portal with higher res grass textures in a light green shade that clashed against all of the other SW foliage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Was she disconnected? I would more say unaligned. But even that is a far stretch with her helping Titans in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, blizzard keeps improving the cutscenes. The cutscenes we get now are IMO better done than the first cinematics (non CGI) we got
    Yeah they are starting to look almost as good as real cinematics. Remember how terrible they looked on Argus when they first developed them, or even in bfa? They are miles better now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Also that Everbloom portal with higher res grass textures in a light green shade that clashed against all of the other SW foliage.
    I don't think you can compare a city district to a little camp in some mountain corner outside of the city walls.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah they are starting to look almost as good as real cinematics. Remember how terrible they looked on Argus when they first developed them, or even in bfa? They are miles better now.
    I appreciated in the Pelagos/Kleia cutscene in Zereth Mortis had much better lip syncing then previously shown; however, WoW's art team can only carry the age of its base system for so long. I know it won't happen, at least for a while, but WoW's been overdue for an entirely new base for creating the game on. The game has looked ugly by contemporary standards since 2014.

1+ Year Old Account
    Placing bets: Who thinks we will get a real “leak”, screw up, or call it whatever else you want, before April 19th? If so, what do you expect we get (logo, name, features, story, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why would they get this information at a random conference in Istanbul?
    He spoke with a blizzard employee there, according to him there were a few attending the event.

If I read something like this on this forum I wouldn't believe it myself but as both of us don't even play the game atm I don't see why my brother would care enough to prank me with a whatsapp message the day before april 1st and not on the actual date.

Placing bets: Who thinks we will get a real “leak”, screw up, or call it whatever else you want, before April 19th? If so, what do you expect we get (logo, name, features, story, etc.)?
    My guess is we will see logo pop up the week of the reveal. That seems to be the most consistent thing that gets leaked. Anything else is gravy.

Also assuming they don't intentionally troll us with the PTR in the meanwhile.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-03-31 at 08:14 PM.

I think it's gonna be a photo from a cinematic/trailer