1. #34401
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

    They look better covered up anyway. More room for cool armor designs!
    Eh, Alex was one of those NPCs for whom I thought the skimpy armor make total sense, unlike say Sylvanas. One she doesn't fight in her mortal form, two she's a dragon and thus used to being naked anyway, and three the Aspect of Life being represented as a hot chick isn't thematically off.

    Not like covering her up is a Bad Thing anyway, especially considering all the going-ons at Blizzard, but still.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  2. #34402
    Interestingly enough the pic on reddit predates our website discovery by about an hour.

  3. #34403
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    When its just isolated and upfront like that it looks pretty legit to me. I could honestly see it as a Red themed box art.
    I'm not sure if I buy it in terms of facial shape. Something about the art style doesn't seem right.

  4. #34404
    Pit Lord boyzma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,400
    I am probably one of few who seriously doubt any of this. I think Blizzard did this on purpose so someone could find it and now they are all having a good laugh. As someone stated before....placeholder name. There were just too many comments about "Can't wait to see everyone's reaction to the announcement" Think they're throwing a curve ball and many people are sucking it up. I'll remain skeptical and see how it turns out.

  5. #34405
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    When its just isolated and upfront like that it looks pretty legit to me. I could honestly see it as a Red themed box art.
    It does look VERY good. Like, if this isn't official art, then whoever faked it must have commissioned like a $1000 art piece from a professional artist to get something like this done.

  6. #34406
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I am probably one of few who seriously doubt any of this. I think Blizzard did this on purpose so someone could find it and now they are all having a good laugh. As someone stated before....placeholder name. There were just too many comments about "Can't wait to see everyone's reaction to the announcement" Think they're throwing a curve ball and many people are sucking it up. I'll remain skeptical and see how it turns out.
    This seems a bit roundabout, no? I'd be surprised if anyone there is clever enough to bury it enough and make it so relatively subtle. It's not too difficult to find, but I still think Blizzard isn't that clever.

  7. #34407
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interestingly enough the pic on reddit predates our website discovery by about an hour.
    Yeah, this is it.

    Hopefully this truly means something Draconic in terms of class or race for that to be our big cover.

    Tinkers BTFO

  8. #34408
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Waaaaait actually yeah Ebonhorn could totally be the Ji and Wrathion the Aysa but with crossfaction not left out of the overall story.
    I've always been of this mindset. Wrathion explicitly is rooting for the Alliance to win as early as MoP, whereas Ebonhorn has been buddied up with a bunch of Tauren for 10,000 years.

  9. #34409
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Tinkers BTFO
    Get this... DRACONIC TINKERS.

    The gnomes, envious of the Dragon Aspects, create their own TINKER DRAGONFLIGHT that breathes cogs, bolts, and wires and all sorts of mechanical shit. This breath actually fixes any mechanical object it breathes toward and can even be used to heal Mechagnomes.

    ...I don't know, I'm tired lol. I was supposed to be already asleep hours ago but then all of this shit happened. I gotta wake up in 5 hours.

  10. #34410
    Do we have any idea what time on the 19th they're doing the reveal?

  11. #34411
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Looks like a name leak:


    This is my own picture saved from the HTML source of wow's official site.
    This is an awesome find. How did you even know the wow website was updated and to check though?! Do you have some sort of deploy tracker?

  12. #34412
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I am probably one of few who seriously doubt any of this. I think Blizzard did this on purpose so someone could find it and now they are all having a good laugh. As someone stated before....placeholder name. There were just too many comments about "Can't wait to see everyone's reaction to the announcement" Think they're throwing a curve ball and many people are sucking it up. I'll remain skeptical and see how it turns out.
    I'm wondering about this because EoA, Dragonflight, and Ashes of Galakaros were posted within a few days of each other. It could be a red herring, smells like they're mixing info up. A coincidence this info was posted hours apart.

  13. #34413
    Certificates for dragonflight.blizzard.com were also registered a few days ago: https:// crt. sh/?q=dragonflight.blizzard.com

  14. #34414
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    ...I don't know, I'm tired lol. I was supposed to be already asleep hours ago but then all of this shit happened. I gotta wake up in 5 hours.
    Go to bed. That being said? I fully expect there to be some kinda bargaining or nonsense "oh well THIS time the class will have nothing to do with the expansion theme."

    Alex being paired with her dragon form could indicate being a a sort of tease of something like a class or race but it could be nothing and thus could just be a reskin of SL.

  15. #34415
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Yeah, this is it.

    Hopefully this truly means something Draconic in terms of class or race for that to be our big cover.

    Tinkers BTFO
    I'm hoping for a Black Dragon class/race. I'm thinking both is possible.

    I could see Black Dragons alone carrying some pretty strong specializations—they could have an "Earthwarder" tank specialization that breathes magma and uses elements of the Obsidian Worldbreaker for its Dragon form, a "Pyreweaver" specialization that is a melee DoT-based specialization that breathes fire and looks like Wrathion, and a "Shadowwing" specialization that focuses on long-distance Shadow damage curses and breathes shadowflame—"Endless Hunger" from Day of the Dragon could be a spell of theirs. This gives us three different ways in which we've seen the Black Dragons incarnated (Deathwing, a traditional Dragon, the curse-using manipulator like Onyxia or Deathwing as Prestor) and covers a good set of different roles. The only thing I can't see a Black Dragon doing is healing.

  16. #34416
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I'm wondering about this because EoA, Dragonflight, and Ashes of Galakaros were posted within a few days of each other. It could be a red herring, smells like they're mixing info up. A coincidence this info was posted hours apart.
    I honestly think they just got lucky guessing the name. And let's be real it wasn't that original either.

    All of those leaks were sparked from the emerald drake datamine. Just as the recent waves of leaks have all been Lordaeron focused.

  17. #34417
    They better remake dalaran, after boralus those 5 building wont cut it as an expac hub. And regarding silvermoon just nuke it as well, suramar 2.0 sounds so good.

  18. #34418
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    When its just isolated and upfront like that it looks pretty legit to me. I could honestly see it as a Red themed box art.
    I dunno, i find her posture a bit odd. She looks like she's just looking off into a random direction.

  19. #34419
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmatt110 View Post
    Certificates for dragonflight.blizzard.com were also registered a few days ago: https:// crt. sh/?q=dragonflight.blizzard.com
    Yep, certificates for wowclassic.blizzard.com were also given out on the same day even though it's not available yet, likely the subsite for WotLK Classic.

  20. #34420
    The Lightbringer Izalla's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,534
    How long ago did we see that "leak" image of Dalaran presumably back in its crater with the trees in the background?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •