Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Looking at the "leaked box art", I can assume that some form of Dragon Knight is hinted at, as Alexstrasza with a spear heavily implies FF Dragoon vibes. Unless that's just Alexstrasza getting a new look.

Ironically the "dressed up" Alexstrasza is one of the clues that add credibility to the "leak".

As for the MMOchamp leak of the same title, I hope it's fake as it has atrocious ideas with micro classes, cheap class skins, and "Chromatus" sounding like a villain that makes Zovaal seem like award-winning writing.
    I don't believe it's meant to be box art, I think it's just the key art for the promotional period.

What is very interesting is the 9.2.5 PTR Blood Elf questline does you have you empowering a polearm, which ends with you unlocking it for a transmog.

Also Chromatus is an established, existing character from almost a decade ago, it is not even close to Zovaal.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Isn't Chromatus only mentioned in novels? Not that it matters much since Jailer established Blizzard can just ass-pull new villains anyway.
    Yes, their story was mostly developped in a novel, it was allegedly supposed to be a boss for Dragon Soul, but it was too complicated to animate and was replaced by lame-ass Ultraxion

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Chromatus is an intelligent 5 headed chromatic dragon, infused with the power of each Flight.
    It took a combined effort of all Aspects to defeat him, and Chromatus would've killed them if Nozdormu didn't prophesize and call for a strategic retreat when they faced him.

But sure, 'just a dead "core hound" '.
    Don't blame them, they mistook Chromatus with Chromaggus, easy mistake

I'm not buying into the written leak either, but just to play devil's advocate, isn't it possible that someone here had insider information but made a burner account to post about it instead of risking their public reputation and identity?

Just because it was an alt account, that doesn't 100% confirm it as fake imo. But you make a good point.
    It definitely could still be real, but in my opinion the factors of it potentially being fake convince me it's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yes, their story was mostly developped in a novel, it was allegedly supposed to be a boss for Dragon Soul, but it was too complicated to animate and was replaced by lame-ass Ultraxion

- - - Updated - - -

Don't blame them, they mistook Chromatus with Chromaggus, easy mistake
    Imagine being multi-billion company and can't afford to hire animators who can animate 4 heads. Probably why we will never get Ogres. Too complicated for poor indie Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Iirc Chromatus has been mentioned a few times in game but Im not positive. However either way how would bringing a mostly Novel character into the game be an ass pull?
    It isn't, I'm just making a hypothetical straw man for myself and knocking it down. So if anyone argued that Chromatus was an obscure character, I can just point at the Jailer who had zero presence before his mysterious introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Iirc Chromatus has been mentioned a few times in game but Im not positive. However either way how would bringing a mostly Novel character into the game be an ass pull?

Kalec was a manga character and now he's one of biggest recurring characters in the game.
    From now on, if its not something we have heard about at least 10 years ago in wow or in wc3 its an ass pull and a mary sue.

Gen z ftw

It isn't, I'm just making a hypothetical straw man for myself and knocking it down. So if anyone argued that Chromatus was an obscure character, I can just point at the Jailer who had zero presence before his mysterious introduction.
    Dats coz the Jailor was zo zo good at hiding and plotting in the shadowzzz for thousandz of yearz hehehehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Dats coz the Jailor was zo zo good at hiding and plotting in the shadowzzz for thousandz of yearz hehehehe
    We should have seen him in the Rogue Order Hall then right?

Ok so apparently Chromatus is dead. Why would he be a threat?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I don't believe it's meant to be box art, I think it's just the key art for the promotional period.

What is very interesting is the 9.2.5 PTR Blood Elf questline does you have you empowering a polearm, which ends with you unlocking it for a transmog.

Also Chromatus is an established, existing character from almost a decade ago, it is not even close to Zovaal.
    I think the problem isn't with the lack of establishment for Chromatus. The problem is that he is a kindergarten logic monster. You say dragons are cool? Well my monster is five dragons. Bet you can't top that.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    We should have seen him in the Rogue Order Hall then right?
    No, coz he wazzz too good for that. He a masterplotter you see...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
    He still isn't dead. Just imprisoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, coz he wazzz too good for that. He a masterplotter you see...
    Everytime I visit this forum I'm so sad to not have this as a real emoji. It's so smug.

"Concerned that some other dark power might try to revive Chromatus after its defeat, the dragons attempted to destroy the corpse. They failed. Some powerful spell, probably woven into the dark marriage of magic and technology that had animated him in the first place protected the body from all their efforts to obliterate it. Kalecgos stated that Malygos created a number of Arcane Prisons during the Nexus War, and Alexstrasza decided that representatives from all the flights would watch over the body of Chromatus, as he is not dead.[5]"

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I think the problem isn't with the lack of establishment for Chromatus. The problem is that he is a kindergarten logic monster. You say dragons are cool? Well my monster is five dragons. Bet you can't top that.
    They can easily build him up/make him more interesting by infusing the essence of Galakrond inside him. I kind of like the idea of five crazy dragonheads threatening us all at once

Chromatus is indestructible and the Aspects couldn't truly destroy his body. All they could do was lock it away in suspended animation hoping nobody wakes him up again.

I'm also unsure how micro classes would work, how would you level as a class with only a healing spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I have long yearned for a "return to basics" expansion of a fun fantasy adventure, so yes, a Five-Headed Dragon, classic staple of DnD, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc. would be great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Everytime I visit this forum I'm so sad to not have this as a real emoji. It's so smug.
    It's still my favourite after all these years!

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened? Why is Dragonflight fake? Not that I wouldn't mind if it were