Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Au'Ra from FFXIV.
    I wish there was a race like that in WoW, to begin with. Personally, I prefer the anthropomorphic races in FFXIV as opposed to the beast-like races in WoW.

Now that I've caught up with this thread after a few hours, I'll put in my totally unasked for two cents.

I do not think/am pretty sure that the Dragonflight text leak is fake for reasons others have already stated. My main sources of contention are as follows:

The concept of micro-classes isn't an awful idea at all, but it's heavily dependent on implementation and design. The choices between which class concepts meet the criteria of micro-class as opposed to those who are reduced to class skins is odd. No offense to the concept of bards and chronomancers or those that like them, but they're not as popularly requested as necromancers and dark rangers who could easily be a fourth spec or micro-class. That isn't to say that these couldn't/shouldn't be micro-classes either, because both could just as easily be a forth spec/mini-class. It would make more sense to make all the class concepts mentioned in the leak to mini-classes if that's the best option going forward from now on.

My next issue is specific to Minstrel which seems to be a healing only mc with a weapon unique to it and only it. Why would Blizzard design a mc around weapon that only one class with one spec could use in the entire game? While it is true that glaives are only useable by DH, they have two specs as opposed to the Minstrel's one. A healing only class while not impossible to level would be pain in the ass to do so.

Tinkers are easily able to fill out three specs as are Dragonsworn. I could see Dark Ranger pulling off two, maybe three with a stealthy ranged bow wielding shadow spec and a healing spec based on banshee abilities. Definitely not impossible to separate from hunters.

With the recent datamining I am more inclined to think that the Dark Rangers will fall under a possibly neutral Darkfallen allied race. I am by no means against getting a class skin for Dark Rangers, but I feel it'd be extremely reductive and unappealing to the fantasy I and others have. I could see us getting a Darkfallen race with the spooky racials and then getting the class skin to perfect it. I'd hope that humans, forsaken, nelves, and belves would all be able to use the skin.

PS: The textures claimed to be part of the new Alex look seem to have a phoenix emblem and are more likely unrelated.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Note I said any form!

Dragonkin exist. Your dragon form can be something like this:

They could transform between a Dragonkin form and a humanoid form based off the current playable race but with draconian appearances. Horns, scales, tails: think Au'Ra from FFXIV.
    Fair enough - though picking a faction for dragon(kin)s would be somewhat lore comical.

I think my biggest reservation for that form is …boy howdy worgen and tauren helmets are going to look like the statue of David in comparison to the future mutilations done by drakonoid helms.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I wish there was a race like that in WoW, to begin with. Personally, I prefer the anthropomorphic races in FFXIV as opposed to the beast-like races in WoW.
    The "beast-like" races are anthropomorphic. The FFXIV races are just rubber forehead aliens. You're off by one.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The "beast-like" races are anthropomorphic. The FFXIV races are just rubber forehead aliens. You're off by one.
    If you're trying to prove that WoW's races are more aesthetically presentable than the FF ones, I'm afraid there is nothing to discuss.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Agreed agreed! Though I'm more talking about unique customizations IE Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I think everyone should take a look at the thread @Northelim posted because it's genuinely interesting. The Chinese poster predicted BfA, SL, and now with "Dragonflight" it looks like they've predicted 10.0 too. I don't understand how they arrived at these conclusions though.
    Interesting fact
    BfA isle expedition talks about power struggle in the fire lands

- - - Updated - - -

Note I said any form!

They could transform between a Dragonkin form and a humanoid form based off the current playable race but with draconian appearances. Horns, scales, tails: think Au'Ra from FFXIV.
    Would work for the worgen allied race

The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do think the "dragonflight leak" the one that is listing the features, is completely horseshit, to me the dude just saw the logo, that is prob real and tried to do a match up to pass as a real leak, no way this microclass thing is real and is too much info for a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Agreed. I actually rather like the new geometry motif and the lore around the actual, underlying structure of reality, but the real soul of WoW for me should be on Azeroth. These references to old theology are very good, but better suited to a palatable and structured plotline which can have some tangible connection to the world we're here for. There's a reason why everyone was so thoroughly apathetic to Shadowlands—it had no connection to Azeroth proper and simply felt like a complete departure from established lore.
    Wow/warcraft was always about horde and alliance, their races, and how they interact with each other and the outside world, anything beyond that is filler.

Current writers are trying to make this a singleplayer game, with a pet story with the characters they like, is bound to fail.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-04 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Soooo where is this "10.0 is in august 2023" source?
    They're basing it on the comment about a season lasting 6 to 8 months. But the first two seasons of Shadowlands were both 8 months. Wouldn't that tell you they intend season 3 and 4 to be 6 months? Especially considering we're not getting a new tier for 4? That would put Shadowlands in a typical expansion length: Season 3 lasts from March to the end of August. And Season can start in September & last through the pre-patch early fourth quarter 2022, ending with the formal release date in February 2023. August doesn't even make sense from the most pessimistic of estimates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflighters View Post
    Also want to point out: every SINGLE leak has guessed that Dragonflights are going to be the next covenants, with us picking one and earning rewards. It's even a popular theory on social media etc.
    Remember the "Xeros" map of Shadowlands? The Name is confirmed. But there's no reason to think any of the other details are legit. There were several "Shadowlands" leaks that were totally fake after the name was confirmed but before the actual announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindanda View Post
    red shirt guy says it correct therefore it must be

https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...C9gamQ3_YpAAAA
    There is still the very slim chance Dragonflight is actually the name of the upcoming WoW Mobile game. It would probably be given a website separate from WoW but if they're integrating it in some way that would make sense for it to be part of the WoW website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So I'm surprised no one here has mentioned this yet: If Xal'atath is revealed to be an Old God, don't people here realize the enormous implications of this? It means that, for the first time, a Deity took the form of a mortal, but above all else, the form of Void elf. There's never been another instance of Divinity given mortal form, and the fact that the Deity choose a Void elf body is also very significant.
    Only if you're ignoring all the things recognized as "divine" in WoW are all disembodied forms of intelligence. The Titans repeatedly had their bodies destroyed. The Old Gods are only different because their consciousness willed their physical forms into existence, and if they had built their bodies beforehand they'd probably be less terrifying. But that still aligns with the aboleths & other eldritch horrors from D&D: Their physical bodies are like an embolism on the surface of this reality, so it makes sense for them to have a tumor like appearance. Elune briefly channeled herself into Tyrande during this expansion. Xal being so weakened she jumped into a dead elf, (it was a blood elf, that happened to turn into a void elf when Xal entered it I'm sure you won't take anything ominous from that) all seems par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    There is still the very slim chance Dragonflight is actually the name of the upcoming WoW Mobile game. It would probably be given a website separate from WoW but if they're integrating it in some way that would make sense for it to be part of the WoW website.
    It is also in the same source datamined to upgrade from normal to heroic and epic prepurchase which is the same format of buying the last couple expansions. It is also called "WoW Dragonflight" and WoW is the acronym for the MMO while the mobile game would go under a different name be it Warcraft: XXX or something like Hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by maplesyrupgl View Post
    You mean that wishlist larp? Are people still talking about that? There are hundreds of that form of "leaks" each leak season and they are literally never legit.
    He got the name right, that's all. Please move on.
    He got more than the name lol

What about the Dark Rangers?
    What about Quel'thalas?

And no, people are still talking about it so it's relevant, but feel free to leave though, you're not needed here.

- - - Updated - - -

Note I said any form!

We already have a million furry races, I really don't want scaleys in this game.
    I am all for an Au'ra type of race though, but then again, if we get no new class next expansion then I ain't playing it anyway so it's not a big deal to me either way

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    It is also in the same source datamined to upgrade from normal to heroic and epic prepurchase which is the same format of buying the last couple expansions. It is also called "WoW Dragonflight" and WoW is the acronym for the MMO while the mobile game would go under a different name be it Warcraft: XXX or something like Hearthstone.
    We don't know for certain it's not a WoW branded game.

...and there's no reason they wouldn't sell a supposed new automatous Warcraft game the same way. And not even if its F2P - especially if it's free to play. Diablo Immortal has 3 different buy-in tiers too.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-04 at 02:32 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen patches in other MMOs with more meaningful content than this.
    Sounds like a stale Shadowlands 2.

Meaning it's probably legit.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    therewillbedragons got the date wrong and had a lot of stuff overlapping with Viking91's proposed Empire of Dragons, which obviously ended up being untrue. He was also, if I'm not mistaken, temporarily banned at first.

So I dunno. But that's the kind of low effort bullshit I'm anticipating.
    He also later posted admitting he made it up, so I don't know why people are still talking about therewillbedragons leak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Nope: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...4#post53643914

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    We don't know for certain it's not a WoW branded game.

...and there's no reason they wouldn't sell a supposed new automatous Warcraft game the same way. And not even if its F2P - especially if it's free to play. Diablo Immortal has 3 different buy-in tiers too.
    We do know. It's on the front page of MMO-champion the wording they used in the code.
    WoW Dragonflight
    WoW Dragonflight
    WoW Dragonflight

Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    It sort of looks familiar now that you mention it. I'm going searching for it now. There's just something about it that looks familiar and it's giving me a sense of Deja vu.
    It's the Seneca Nation logo next to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Sounds about right, a fucking dope ass expansion like the OG Dragonflight leak thread had is probably not something we'd ever see from a company like Blizzard, even though a part of me still hopes it's true.

But then again, FF14 is amazing, Lost Ark has been fun and GW2 pvp is still fun as hell, so there's plenty of other MMOs to enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    He also later posted admitting he made it up, so I don't know why people are still talking about therewillbedragons leak.
    Oh, I missed that entirely.

Yeah. Good. All the worst ones have been debunked, at least.

Since the only other Dragonflight one is...so far out there and feels like an unrealistic wish list, we're in uncharted territory.

Also, careful of edging into doxxing with the Seneca stuff. :/ It's not gonna help us deduce anything more regarding the expac.

The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    It's the Seneca Nation logo next to it.
    the logo is a bit different though