1. #36201
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, think folks are ignoring what the biggest turn-off - personally speaking - of that cinematic is: that the new zones would be up in the sky.

    As far as I'm concerned that would feel as disconnected as SL's zones.
    I still think it's going to be an updated version of the first 3 continents. The Dragon Isles might exist but they'll be small, like they were in the vanilla beta: The Dragonflight already have their own homes & they're in the Highlands (Ruby) Tanaris (Bronze) Blackrock (Black) Forests (Emerald) and Northrend (Blue)

  2. #36202
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, think folks are ignoring what the biggest turn-off - personally speaking - of that cinematic is: that the new zones would be up in the sky.

    As far as I'm concerned that would feel as disconnected as SL's zones.
    What??! Floating isles sound amazing.

  3. #36203
    I could see it being a 'life' dimension not unlike the Emerald Dream that is home to the Ruby/Obsidian/etc sanctums.

  4. #36204
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, think folks are ignoring what the biggest turn-off - personally speaking - of that cinematic is: that the new zones would be up in the sky.

    As far as I'm concerned that would feel as disconnected as SL's zones.
    Why?

    Shadowlands zones feel disconnected because they are literally disconnected.
    The only way to travel between them is by taking the anima worm hyperdrive taxi everytime you want to get to a different zone.

    If they are close together and we can freely fly between them, what's the issue?


    Formerly known as Arafal

  5. #36205
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I could see it being a 'life' dimension not unlike the Emerald Dream that is home to the Ruby/Obsidian/etc sanctums.
    The Winter Queen already told us the Life equivalent to the Shadowlands is the Emerald Dream. I kept telling everybody the Shadowlands is not actually in the Death Sphere but no one wanted to hear it. It's pretty clear on the Chronology chart.

    P.S. We're easily going to hit 2000 pages on this one, huh?
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-04 at 04:11 PM.

  6. #36206
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The Winter Queen already told us the Life equivalent to the Shadowlands is the Emerald Dream. I kept telling everybody the Shadowlands is not actually in the Death Sphere but no one wanted to hear it. It's pretty clear on the Chronology chart.

    P.S. We're easily going to hit 2000 pages on this one, huh?
    My headcanon theory is that Reality/Shadowlands/Emerald Dream are all the byproduct of Azeroth's dreaming consciousness and if she ever woke up, the entire Universe would blink out of existence. Azeroth = Azathoth. Elune, playing a Motherly role to Azeroth, is responsible for keeping her in a blissful slumber.

  7. #36207
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,078
    "i only saw the cinematic once and i know all the lines in it"

    yeah fam, i dunno, i call bs, it is also very bad, there is nothing on it, the cinematics always have a "zumba", something to give hype, even mop had the fight with the orc and the human against the pandaren. Plus, not tyrande again jesus, don't make her the next sylvanus.

  8. #36208
    I kinda like that. It's like MoP cinematic, we don't know the real villain but still see the new land.
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."

  9. #36209
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, think folks are ignoring what the biggest turn-off - personally speaking - of that cinematic is: that the new zones would be up in the sky.

    As far as I'm concerned that would feel as disconnected as SL's zones.
    imagine how sick it'd be if it worked like the Argus skybox, being able to see the rest of the continents below the dragon isles.

  10. #36210
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    I kinda like that. It's like MoP cinematic, we don't know the real villain but still see the new land.
    The villain of MoP was violence itself, as demonstrated by the cinematic.

  11. #36211

  12. #36212
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    imagine how sick it'd be if it worked like the Argus skybox, being able to see the rest of the continents below the dragon isles.
    If that leak is correct it could very well be integrated into some continent and not be a standalone continent(area) since the leak suggests it's just one zone that is split into multiple small ones (so not like a broken isles big).

  13. #36213
    Problem with the 4chan leak is that doesn't really connect the title and the cinematic. Which pretty much all of the cinematics do except TBC.

    WotLK - Lich King wakes up
    Catalcysm - Literally showing the world in upheveal
    MoP - Mists parting to reveal Pandaria
    WoD - Grommash killing Mannoroth and altering their destiny
    Legion - Literal Legion invasion
    BfA - 4th war
    SLs - Sylvanas opening up the veil

    How does a cinematic of Alexstrasza flying around a bunch of zones changing convey anything about "Dragonflight" to the audience?

  14. #36214
    The Insane Feali's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cornelia Street
    Posts
    15,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I kind of love that peaceful cinematic
    This isn't World of Peacecraft

  15. #36215
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    This isn't World of Peacecraft
    okay
    /10chars
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."

  16. #36216
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "i only saw the cinematic once and i know all the lines in it"

    yeah fam, i dunno, i call bs, it is also very bad, there is nothing on it, the cinematics always have a "zumba", something to give hype, even mop had the fight with the orc and the human against the pandaren. Plus, not tyrande again jesus, don't make her the next sylvanas.
    Looks like you just hate strong female characters, right? The leak is prolly bullocks but it has enough hype in it that I would gladly get it as the real thing.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  17. #36217
    Bloodsail Admiral Sharby's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    [I]. Plus, not tyrande again jesus, don't make her the next sylvanus.


    Credibility of the leak aside, what's wrong with Tyrande being in a cinematic?


    Night Elves got propelled into the spotlight big time by the whole almost going extinct thing and are currently a big question mark, I think in an expansion based around renewal it would be stupid to not feature what's going on with them.

    Doesn't even feel similar to Sylvanas considering I don't think a Night Elf has been in a cinematic since the original one and I guess the tiny side characters in the BFA one, but none of them were prominent IIRC.



    If Sadfang and Anduin can get like five cinematics I think it's reasonable for Night Elves to get at least one lol.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  18. #36218
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

    How does a cinematic of Alexstrasza flying around a bunch of zones changing convey anything about "Dragonflight" to the audience?
    She, as the dragon, taking flight i guess? still is a moronic cinematic imo, there is next to nothing on it, like people said, the expansions show/tease the enemies, MOP had horde x alliance, and it was part of the expansion, this one have nothing.

  19. #36219
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Problem with the 4chan leak is that doesn't really connect the title and the cinematic. Which pretty much all of the cinematics do except TBC.

    WotLK - Lich King wakes up
    Catalcysm - Literally showing the world in upheveal
    MoP - Mists parting to reveal Pandaria
    WoD - Grommash killing Mannoroth and altering their destiny
    Legion - Literal Legion invasion
    BfA - 4th war
    SLs - Sylvanas opening up the veil

    How does a cinematic of Alexstrasza flying around a bunch of zones changing convey anything about "Dragonflight" to the audience?
    World revamp + dragons + dragon isles.

    The Shadowlands cinematic didn't show much more than the veil either, nothing about what we would be fighting or why, just Sylvanas doing vaguely evil stuff.

    This hypothetical trailer would show dragons wantibg to help rebuild the world, and communicate how the stakes are getting lowered after all the world ending events in previous expansions.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #36220
    Anything new in the last 30 pages? Thread moves at lightspeed pace atm!
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •